Menu

complaints

Instawork Complaints Summary

18 Resolved
18 Unresolved
Our verdict: While Instawork has an above-average resolution rate, there’s room for improvement. Investigate common issues reported by customers and understand how they were resolved. Be prepared to follow up on your queries if needed, and keep detailed records of all interactions.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Instawork has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Instawork. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Instawork complaints 36

Sort by:

Newest Instawork complaints

D
10:59 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Instawork Hour where adjusted to zero

So I work shift for Cort at venetian in Las Vegas nevada on Saturday 1/27/2024. After completing my shift day after it showed in my earnings 7 hour and 15 minutes. 530am to 115pm. After a couple I checked my earnings again and had seen that my hour were adjusted to 0 hour work so I end up not getting paid for that shift. I had contacted instawork and it has been 3 days now and still hasn't been fixed. I am extremely frustrated and mad about this. Really don't like fact that they can get free work out someone like that. I have prof of my location and timeliness of that day.

Claimed loss: 122.38

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Instawork representatives only. If you are affiliated with Instawork, please claim your business to access these details.

T
4:12 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I’ve worked 9shifts at the Venetian for custodial, they under pay and they try to task you with things outside of the job description. They pay 98$ for 8 hours of event Setup and cleaning. They also want you to push a 25 pound tilt while doing so. This is a lot of straineous work that your being tasked with for under 100$ the least they should be doing...

H
5:11 pm EST

Instawork My account being deactivated unfairly.

I booked a shift as a paid back-up and was sent home because i was not needed. Most times when you clock in as a paid back-up you are given two options to click on. 1. I was sent home because i am not needed 2. I am needed. I did get either of those options so i asked the person in charge if he would clock me out and he did at 10:05 pm. I should have been paid for four hours, but i did not see it in my earnings on the app. So, i sent a request in stating that i was a paid back-up for the shift. I got an email from instawork that the request was done, but still no earnings. Today my account was deactivated for something that i did not do. I have not ever done any of the things that are stated in their reasoning for the deactivation. I been using this app for years and the company that i was working for ghostline kitchens was intereseted in hiring me full time, i cannot complete my hours because of this deactivation.

Claimed loss: FULL TIME JOB

Desired outcome: I WOULD LIKE MY ACCOUNT REACTIVATED

Read full review of Instawork and 1 comment
1 comment
11Rooster
, US
Feb 17, 2024 1:40 am EST

Are you in Texas? You can still g to work for that company, and Instawork can't do a thing about it.

Texas is a right to work state, Instawork cannot keep you from working somewhere. They can try but will lose in court, because i'm this state you have a right to work.

taken from the Texas attorney generals web site

If your employer has entered into a collective bargaining agreement with a union which requires employees to make payments to, or on behalf of, a labor union under the agreement as a condition of employment, (often referred to as a "union security clause"), your employer may be in violation of Texas right-to-work laws. If you do not wish to participate in union membership or contributions, but feel that you are required to do so, or that you will be disciplined or lose your job if you do not comply, you can report the situation under Texas right-to-work laws by contacting the OAG.

Is Instawork legit?

Our verdict: Instawork has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Instawork's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Instawork can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Instawork earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Instawork achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Instawork has received 8 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Instawork.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Instawork website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Instawork.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Instawork and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Instawork.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Instawork.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Instawork. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
9:04 am EDT

Instawork Instawork

Worked a shift a week ago on 10/28. On 11/3 Instawork deposited my money into a closed account instead of the one that I selected. I see the transaction and that I obviously failed, yet my other card on the account still has no money and no one has attempted to reach me. It’s going on 3 days I am waiting on a response from Instawork and I am now late on my rent. Horrible experience and this was my first booking ! I recommend bacon app for anyone looking for instant problem free money for working!

Claimed loss: Money

Desired outcome: Nothing

10:42 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi. My complaint is as follows.. On October 26th 2023 at 3:15pm while getting off from a gig my phone screen totally blacked out and I could nolonger see my screen. I had to get the business (Hilton Garden inn North airport) to clock me and out in order to complete the gig. The next following day I sent instawork an email through the use of my tablet...

Read full review of Instawork and 1 comment
J
4:50 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

1) At 3:30AM on the day of my first scheduled shift, Instawork sent me a text saying that the shift was cancelled. THEN, my account was closed for a NO SHOW. I filed a complaint and was reinstated but it still shows that I had a NO SHOW. A no Show means I am not eligible to accrue points which affects the amount of pay I’m eligible for. 2) I filed another...

B
12:53 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Are you Kidding me right now!? Real shiv man! This is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE I.T. and design at it's worst! Why is this even an issue!? It's a requirement to have an email address! I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND why this is a problem, but it most definitely surely seems to be one! Which is inexcusable in my book. I mean, so what... Because I have a new phone...

10:42 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Instawork Not being paid for work I performed on a shift

Worked at Salesforce in Atlanta Georgia on 09/13/2023. Was hired through Sodexo by Alma Cervantes... received a job offer from Alma through Sodexo, but at the last Minute Alma Cervantes mentioned that " They're using Instawork for a " Trial Period " while my background check was processing. Alma Cervantes allegedly" sent my Time in manually to Instawork " because my phone was down. First Alma Cervantes told me instawork don't have a phone number & she could only " email them". Then she mentioned all of the sudden that instawork " have a phone number" but refuses to give me the number to a person from instawork named " Daryl". I sent countless emails to instawork about my money...I verified everything that they needed & yet they refuse to pay me.

Desired outcome: Would like to get my money for my work.

C
9:56 am EDT

Instawork Professional

I booked a shift for today and it was taken from me saying I didn’t pass the background which i did and have proof of on Sept. 13. Everything came back clear so why would y’all take my shift and restrict me from future events? Thats so wrong. I was depending on the money especially since I had already booked and confirmed my shift. I reached out to customer service which was a joke and has not responded to me in 22 hours literally . I the called and was given a email that doesn’t work, reinstate me or im going to the DOL. I have proof that I booked and confirmed my shift, my background check completedand all

Desired outcome: Give me back my shift unrestrict me in the app and pay me for the shift since yall screwed up real bad

H
9:57 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whom it may concern: I'm filing a complaint on instawork for fraud they signed me out on September 9 on a Saturday, after I finished my shift at hawk legends Staten Island during my shift a coworker gave me a shift for Thursday September 14, and I couldn't make it because I didn't know the location so I can show up for my shift. However, I made it to my...

10:00 pm EDT

Instawork My 250 hire on bonus I was promised

I was working at a job that I got through instawork I worked about 3 months total

For the same company instawork offers you a 250$ bonus if a company hires you permanently. Well I was hired on permanently sent instawork all my verification that was requested and then they said it would take 4 weeks which i wasnt happy about so i waited waited and waited never got my bonus yet my supervisor said they verified my employment to them already now i message them in the app cause they have no phone number u can call them they arent even responding to my text im pissed. I worked hard to get that bonus and they are screwing me this is [censored]

Desired outcome: I want my 250$ hire on bonus I was promised

S
8:01 pm EDT

Instawork Payment not received/discrimination

I showed up to work on time and my tracking informed me when I arrived. I repeatedly called Peter as to how to enter, but it was to no avail. When I finally made it Into the Bounce The Mall, I found Peter because a fellow coworker told me were Peter was. He proceeded to clock me in and asked me if I had shorts I could change into, I did amlnd he told me to back to my car and change into shorts. When I left he clocked me out and the time that he clocked me out at wasn't correct. My coworker that we both worked the emergency exits in the back in case a patent or child can't make it. I took my break after 2 oclock because Peter's responsibility was to come back and ask us which one of wanted a break first. I went first later than 2pm because Peter was no where to be found. Turns out he was hiding behind the big trucks making personal calls, which we were informed if they even saw our cell phone we would automatically sent home. I went on break and my coworker Juliana was calling me saying Peter was looking all over for me. She told him when on break but he sent me home because my break was literally 40 mins not 30 because I couldn't find parking and no provisions not even a granola bar was available for the staff. So reverse this suspension because I know almost half of the other Instas and they will all attest to the fact that I was there. Furthermore he came over to my work area and praised my work ethic. Also I was on break with Earl Nickerson and we were both cut short early but he is not marked a freaking no show! Reverse this now and Peter needs some discipline! showed up to work on time and my tracking informed me when I arrived. I repeatedly called Peter as to how to enter, but it was to no avail. When I finally made it Into the Bounce The Mall, I found Peter because a fellow coworker told me were Peter was. He proceeded to clock me in and asked me if I had shorts I could change into, I did amd he told me to back to my car and change into shorts. When I left he clocked me out and the time that he clocked me out at wasn't correct. My coworker that we both worked the emergency exits in the back in case a patent or child can't make it. I took my break after 2 oclock because Peter's responsibility was to come back and ask us which one of wanted a break first. I went first later than 2pm because Peter was no where to be found. Turns out he was hiding behind the big trucks making personal calls, which we were informed if they even saw our cell phone we would automatically sent home. I went on break and my coworker Juliana was calling me saying Peter was looking all over for me. She told him when on break but he sent me home because my breaks was literally 40 mins not 30 because I couldn't find parking and no provisions not even a granola bar was available for the staff. So reverse this suspension because I know almost half of the other Instas and they will all attest to the fact that I was there. Furthermore he came over to my work area and praised my work ethic. Also I was on break with Earl Nickerson and we were both cut short early but he is not marked a freaking no show! Reverse this now and Peter needs some discipline! And because I was marked a no show my account is currently suspended which means I can't book any shifts and the upcoming shifts I had booked were removed by Instawork.

On my earnings section of the app it shows I worked The Brand Ambassador shift on August 13th. So I was definitely there but there were adjustments made and in the end it says I earned no money. I wasn't paid for my time and to top it off my account is suspended and Instawork support still hasn't rectified the mistake as yet.

Desired outcome: Have my suspension reversed and get paid for my time

9:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Instawork Not being paid for earned tips

I worked for instawork as a bartender and Instawork has not paid me for my earned tips. I asked prior to starting the shift if there was going to be an issue with tips and the captain of the team stated no, that we would be paid our tips a week after our hourly rate. I even got a message stating that I received direct deposit on Friday (should have been my tips) and there's no deposits. I know that other employees have been waiting over a month for their tips

Desired outcome: Pay me my earned tips and continue to do so for all bartenders

L
12:29 pm EDT

Instawork Unpaid

I had a gig on July 25. Bartender at DRV PNK Stadium. When I got there the manager Terry that works for DRV PNK Stadium was surrounded by many employees. Looked like they overbooked the employees and now she does not have where to place them to work. Eventually, she asked all of us to follow her through the stadium, she tried to find spots to put us to work and she prioritized her employees( understandable ) and the rest of us from Intawork we were told to go home and she apologized, also she said that by Instawork rules we gonna get paid the 4 h minimum. I drove 1h to get there and 1 h back, lost my day. Now, Instawork refuses to pay me the minimum 4 h. The reason is that I was late 15 min. Nobody mentioned anything about me being late, I was held there for approximately an hour trying to find a spot at a bar where I could work. Now Instawrok is using this excuse and doesn't want to pay me. If that is the reason ( being late) ,why I was not sent home right way? Why we all were held there. Why they also sent other bartenders home?

Desired outcome: To get paid minimum 4 h

C
6:14 pm EDT

Instawork They need to pay me for the 4 hours I was there working

5/28/23 was hired to bartend an event. Instawork overbooked. I helped unload ice, liquor, soda, juice and mixers for 4 hours. Then the event captain from instawork did something on his app to allow me to clock out and then he clocked me out. The payment was processing and now it is disappeared. They said I have to verify I worked, but they make you turn on your GPS and pedometer to track your location in real time. They are refusing to pay me for traveling to napa and working 4 hours. They stole from me.

D
9:15 am EDT

Instawork Shift disappeared

I had a shift at a company that I have worked at my than two a week just recently this past Sunday, yesterday I booked a paid back up for the same place and everything was good no further action needed on my end at all until I left this morning to head to the shift it disappeared!. I contacted Instawork and they stare I didn’t feel out a background check which I was never notified in the app or text, I check the app frequently for shifts so I would have seen something especially be a paid back up i check to see if it’s confirmed or not. They stated they can’t pay out the minimum 4 hours because it’s my fault which is incorrect I was never notified about need something additional from me. As a single mom I make my day around my child and work and to get up an the shift disappear is a real inconvenience

Desired outcome: 4 hours paided for shift

B
10:48 pm EDT

Instawork Instawork

Today my daughter had a job in Dayton an hour away and her car broke down she tried to contact insta work he was in a dead zone she couldn't even call and get a rental car she couldn't even call me she got home it was pouring down rain she some guy pulled over and she got in the car with him she could be dead but now she came home and she tried to kill herself of taking all these pills cuz she's so sick as he deactive

Desired outcome: She wants her job back

Update by Brenda Boice
Jul 08, 2023 10:49 pm EDT

I didn't get to finish this she is so distraught she's trying to buy a house she really wanted this shift today and believe me she would have showed up and nobody would answer her nobody would call her or email her or whatever you people do I can't find anybody to contact you're an awful company

L
6:23 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Instawork I am screwed because you Instawork kept a couple hundred dollars from me two days before rent way due on a shift that happened in April.

I have been trying to speak to someone for three days . I have no money to live on because money I was supposed to get was withheld from me because supposedly I didn't work a shift back in April , which doesn't make sense because I have to get a number from the employer to clock in and out . I am literally going on a he kindness of strangers to get to work and I haven't eaten really anything in two days . I am so tired and hungry I don't know what to do . I even worked a shift on the forth so I could get paid after the shift but never happened in was not a W2 shift and still I cannot get a answer to anything.

Desired outcome: Something to help me get to work and eat

Replied
Instawork has left an official reply on this complaint.

Instawork Location Issues

On March 16th, I was at a job site and the app stopped working for me. The area had bad service which in turn turned off my ability to log in, clock in, and somehow turn off my location. And throughout the day, it would log me out again and again. This turned into the team lead clocking me in late at 9:51 AND taking an additional 27 minutes off of my time? I reached out to support and they denied my claim although I had an in-person conversation with this said lead. I pulled this woman to the side and expressed exactly what happened and her response was “I’ll take 30 minutes off the backend.” Absolutely not, I was there on time and worked until my shift was done. Not time should be removed, but added because of her lack of acknowledgment. So with that, I’ve reached out to apple to find out more on my significant locations and they weren’t able to help me. Instawork developers need to offer a solution to problems like this.

It’s frustrating that I’ve worked and I’m not getting paid for my work because of someone who is overwhelmed and entitled feels like it’s okay to not pay someone.

Replied
Instawork has left an official reply on this complaint.

Instawork Pros and Cons

Overall, I’ve been using the app for over a year and it has done so much wonders to help me get by and to assist with my financial burdens. With instapay, getting paid after every shift has been a wonder to my days, especially with these hard times.

Pros:
- best wages for shifts and earnings rack up
- try and do everything type of labor
- getting a feel of every work style
- hands on with the everyday working class
- instapay to get paid after every shift
- top pro bonus to ensure you are the best and get a bonus wage

Cons:
- constant app bugs and jitters that ruin the experience
- many locations don’t have proper training programs and often times out you right in and expect you to be on top of your game
- customer service is very unhelpful, you’d be lucky if they can even fix anything at all
- be mindful of who you work with since many users are often major offenders and may harass you (especially towards women app users)
- instapay delay which makes you resent many work places due to dishonest employees
- companies hounding you for free labor (don’t ever work for free)
- constant racism in warehouse work
- female bartenders, be mindful of sexual harassment, you will get plenty of that

Overview of Instawork customer experience

Instawork has received numerous complaints from consumers regarding their services. Many users have reported issues with the platform's customer service, stating that they are unresponsive and unhelpful. Additionally, there have been complaints about the quality of the workers provided by Instawork, with some users claiming that they were unreliable and unprofessional. Other users have reported issues with payment, stating that they were not paid on time or that their payments were incorrect. Overall, Instawork has a poor reputation among consumers, with many citing these issues as reasons to avoid using the platform.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Instawork contacts