IKEAdelivery service

E

I purchased a few furniture whereby a bissa shoe cabinet and brimnes chest with 3 drawers have been paid for delivery. (Sales order 362-s050863. Ikea malaysia, jalan cochrane)

The furniture was purchased on 23rd june 2017 with delivery to be made only on the 30th june due to eid holidays. I agreed with that date as that was my last day of leave from work.

However no delivery was made on that day and I only received a call on 1st july to inform me that there was miscommunication between ikea and the delivery provider. They apologised and advised thay the delivery will be at no cost and I have no choice but to agree for the delivery to be made on monday, 3rd july at around 6 pm.

I left work early and rushed home. I waited until 7+ and as it is nearing 8 pm. The security at the entrance to my house area is getting concerned and they had to eventually informed me that they would not allow such late delivery. Ergo, I called ikea.

Ikea picked up my phone and after giving them the details, they told me that they will call me back.

To my surprise, when they called back, there was no record made of my delivery and the ikea personnel who called me suggested for delivery to be fixed on 6th july.

I just blew my top and told her that this is the 2nd time I have to make arrangements to be away from office and they expect me to do it again!

I am very upset with this whole situation. If there is a regulatory body I can complain to or class action I need to be in, I will join forces. I never thought I would get such rubbish service level from a company like ikea. Simply sickening.