Ideeli.comYou order something, you pay for it, plus you pay shipping then you may or may not get it

O

Unfortunately, I have not had a good experience with this place. It’s actually a bit of a joke. You order something, you pay for it, plus you pay shipping then you may or may not get it!!?? I ordered a dress and a pair of flats to go with it. ONE month later I get an email that first: I will not be receiving the flats, and second my dress has finally shipped! Why would I want anything a month later especially after I was told that is was on its way weeks ago? They must be making a huge profit on shipping because it always takes 6-10 Business Days, so when the item ships you will still have to wait 1-2 weeks for the delivery. If I paid Fed Ex 10 dollars I would have the item in 3 business day! Ideeli claims they use UPS but they don’t, you get a message saying “delivered to a local post office”. Each time I get a UPS tracking number and USPS ends up delivering the item a week or two weeks later. I finally got fed up with this and contacted customer service. Her response was a shrug; sorry we cannot do anything about our vendors. This is unacceptable. I paid for shipping I should get the item in a timely manner or at least my money back because it did not come when it was supposed to. I recommend dealing with a place that can stand behind their products and service. The products are rarely correct with their sizing charts and you can find the same products in any Macys or Nordstrom on sale for a less expensive price.

• Sk
    Skilder Oct 27, 2011

I would not recommend Ideeli to anyone. Customer Service who seem to be hired guns, with polite typical answers. They email you to let you know they're working on your issue... then, you just don't hear from them. my package is lost in the mail, and even with a tracking number, no one seems to have ever heard of it... not even the usps. I simply want a refund for my items, but wouldn't you know I'd have to return them... well that would be hard considering I never received them. This website seems to be a scam and I am horribly disappointed that I didn't receive my items. I wanted to like Ideeli and give them my business... but if I were you, I'd stay away. There's a reason there are so many issues below.

• Id
    ideeli_team Oct 31, 2011

Hi Skilder,

We're so sorry to hear that you're less than thrilled with our customer service. If you'd be so kind as to reach out to us at [email protected] with your user id and order number, we'd be happy to further assist. Please rest assured that we'll get to the bottom of this and work to make things right for you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

The ideeli team

• Id
    ideeli_team Oct 31, 2011

Hi Oldiner,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your ideeli experience. Please know that we take all of your concerns to heart and would like to help as soon as possible. So we can look into the specific case you've described, can you please email us at [email protected] with your user id and order number?

As a note, part of the reason we can offer such competitive prices is because we keep very little inventory, and work directly with manufacturers to fulfill each order. They ship to us, and then we ship to you. This can result in a bit of a longer wait time than you may be accustomed to, but it ensures guaranteed authenticity. For most packages, we use a combination of UPS and USPS services. Since the final delivery is handled by your local postal service, your order can now be delivered 6 days a week, including Saturdays.

We look forward to hearing from you so we can further address your concerns and work to make this right.

Best regards,

The ideeli team

• Hi
    Hikele Nov 01, 2011

I ordered two coats on 9/30/11 which was charged to my credit card but until today there is no sign of package being delivered. I contacted Ideeli on 10/23/11, first the CS Rep stated that the package had been delivered. When I gave her the tracking number, she stated that the package had been delivered in July. Wake up! I ordered the coats in September.

Apparently the tracking number Ideeli provided was not correct. It is a nightmare, I have wasted hours calling UPS and USPS to track the package, but in vain. Both tell me to contact Ideeli, when I call Ideeli, they tell me to call UPS. Facts:

1. I was charged $289.93 was a product that still has not been delivered.
    2. I was promised delivery within 10 Days for which I paid $9.95.

• Co
    Comertane Nov 15, 2011

I've been ordering from Ideeli for quite some time, and spent hundreds of dollars on items that never quite seemed up-to-par in quality. However, my last order was the final nail in the coffin. Ideeli has firmly cemeted itself as an unreliable company with shoddy customer service that makes shopping online a far more difficult and frustrating process than it ought to be, especially when there are amazing alternatives with superior service including Rue La La, Gilt Group, and The Outnet.

I purchased from Ideeli a Dolce and Gabbana dress on final sale, knowing there was likely only one dress available in stock that I was happy to nab. The shipping time was slow, but when I finally received the box, I opened it to find a completely different item that I did not order but was labeled incorrectly in the plastic casing.

Ideeli has no telephone customer service available, so I sent an email and received no respsonse whatsoever. Then when I chatted online with a representative, she basically just said that the shipping team makes mistakes and sends out wrong items on occasion. I asked if they knew where my dress that I actually ordered and paid for was, and she said there was no way for them to track it down. I asked her how they would know if they sent it to the wrong customer, and she said they didn't know. Um, excuse me? She only offered me a $10 credit to make it right. 10 whole dollars for their sorry excuse of service? No thanks.

I sent the mistaken package back to them, and never received an update on my order even after tracking the package showed it was received by their warehouse. I online chatted again with a different represetnative, who only said I would receive a refund and could not answer any questions I had about the original item purchased. I really just wanted my dress, but apparently expecting to receive what you paid for is too high of an expectation at Ideeli.

Their representatives make it sound like its such a rarity and that mistakes happen but they don't even come close to making it right for customers. I'll be sticking with tried and true sites that have always been amazing with service and quality like Gilt and RueLaLa and ending my membership with Ideeli. Shopping online really shouldn't have to be so frustrating.

Do yourself a favor, take your money and your time elsewhere from Ideeli. It's just not worth the frustration. My co-workers and friends have seen all the time and angst I've had to spend on this stupid order, and have followed suit in shopping at better sites.

• Bo
    Boobimade Nov 18, 2011

Based on all the previous comments I would have to say that this site has failed me. I have nothing good to speak about this site. It is simply one not to be trusted. I complained about this site on the complaints board and they never responded to my complaint. I also checked other complaints there and they never responded to any of those either. Goes to show you the kind of people they really are.

• On
    Onewek Dec 16, 2011

My first shopping experience went well (bridesmaid dress), my second shopping experience was ok (decent $#*!tail dress that was not nearly as cute in person), and my third shopping experience (2 shirts, 1 necklace) was a disaster. It looked like cheap $#*! that was made in a sweat shop. One of the shirts had crooked stitching. And to say it was a $100 shirt on sale for $20 was bull$#*! because truly it was a $3 shirt sold for $20. I feel like such a sucker. I contacted customer service 1 week ago and no one has responded even though their website promises an answer in 24 hours. I'm done with ideeli and moving on to Gilt and Rue La La.

• He
    Hegloned Jan 06, 2012

I tried to make a purchase using a 15% off offer. When I made the purchase, the percentage didn't come off my order. I tried to get someone at ideeli to fix it. Nobody seemed to read my emails. They cancelled the order. I've been going back and forth. As of today, a supervisor told me the best they would do is give me $15 off. Although I have the transcripts of the whole thing, and it was ideeli's fault that my percentage never came off, they will not honor their initial offer. This has been going on for weeks. The way they didn't handle this sucks! I would advise others to find other places to shop.

• Bl
    blm11 Jan 16, 2012

I placed an order for a few items. In that order were 2 oil/vinegar sets and 2 watches. I returned one of the watches that cost $40 but they credited me for one of the oil/vinegar sets that I never returned and only cost $10. Their Support Team sent a "form response" and I haven't heard since. I am wondering how the ### that received my return couldn't tell the difference between and watch and an oil/vinegar set. Never shopping there again.

• Si
    Sidosse Jan 31, 2012

It`s a scam!
    I was hunting down a handbag I wanted, but it was always sold out.
    I bought 1st row membership.
    Page says :"sale starts in 4 minutes"
    If you push on " add to bag" button
    It says :" we just ran out of this item"
    But sale did not even start yet

BEWARE!!! Some of the items on those sales are don`t exist. I guess they are trying to attract more customers this way.

I`ve joined the wait list on some of the items. Since my membership fee is non-refundable, I`ll try to buy them anyway next time. Will be back with update.

• Ak
    Aklim Feb 01, 2012

I ordered 5 Tart Inifinity Maxi dresses in black for my bridesmaids from ideeli.com. When they arrived the one medium sized dress was the exact dress I ordered, the other 4 (size small for all of them) were knee length versions of the dress. I attempted to email and live chat with ideeli.com and couldn't get a response. Upon further research I found a phone number and finally got an answer after two phone calls - they sold out of the maxi length and found it an okay substitution to send me these knee length dresses instead. I had no prior warning or notification. The person I spoke with made it sound like he was doing me a favor by providing free return shipping on the items he sent me that were wrong and couldn't understand why it was an issue. I would absolutely NEVER shop with ideeli again and would highly recommend anyone considering it to ponder if they care if they get the exact product they ordered or something ideeli independently deems an okay "substitution".

• Lu
    Lueve Feb 01, 2012

I've been a member of this site for over 2 years now and have spent thousands of dollars, but no more. I will never make another purchase at this site. In the beginning I liked the prices and choices, but now after receiving crappy quality clothing marked as brand names and horrible customer service, I am done with this site! I bought a pair of Amrita Singh earrings for my sister for Christmas, they fell apart as she opened the package. So embarrassing! I bought a dress to wear at a wedding in one occasion, as I sitting down at the table I could hear the material ripping, again very embarrassing. I was sent the wrong size in one occasion, and turns out I have to pay for shipping when it's their fault. Then, I've had at least two friends who have purchased from the site and I was given the credit to then have the credit taken away from me because of "fraud suspicion". I've had two orders canceled where I attempted to use the credits. But if I put in a new order without using the credit, it is surprisingly not fraud. Unbelievable! I'm so sick of this company, and its horrible merchandise and customer service!

• Ca
    catlinena Feb 03, 2012

If you want to purchase dress on line, I'd like to recommend Peridress to you. Their price is really attractive. But their products are in high quality. I have purchased my weddding dress from them. The dress arrived in time. And I am very satisfied with it.

• Li
    Lijoned Feb 06, 2012

SO FAR THE "BIGGEST SCAM" I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCE.. they charge u a feed to be a "FIRST ROW" customer so u can have access to the sales 1 hour earlier than other people, well happens that as soon as the sale start the website dropdown and send u an error saying that the website is busy, try again later, meanwhile that item u have been waiting on is gone because they overload the site with customers their network can't handle, over 4 millions to be exactly, but theres no such capacity for that amount, that why the website drops all the time as soon as the sales start. Then if u try to complaint with a customer rep they would tell u that is not their fault and theres nothing they can do for u.. ARE U KIDDING ME?? so is my fault the u have more customer on ur website than the network can actually handle just to charge a feed? thats BS. Horrible customer service, and horrible buying experience. I do not recommend this website!

• Ro
    ROSEROSE Feb 09, 2012

Yes, Peridress is really excellent website for purchasing dresses. I have had my wedding dresss from Peridress. The dress arrived in time. My package was solid in hand and in very good condition with dresses included. When I was put it on to look in the mirror, I was a very beautiful girl myself to be a bride in future. I love it so much.
    Huge thanks to Peridress and their experienced staff. I was in great expectation of my wedding coming near. Also I am in great expectation of another chance of dress purchasing!

• Be
    beeala Feb 11, 2012

Hi, here. I also have a good experience from Peridress. I also want to share it with all of you.Now I just want to say thanks for making such a fantastic wedding dress!! Everyone at the wedding thought it was gorgeous and that I looked really beautiful! It was the perfect fit too! I also want to thank for such a good customer service, they are the best!!!

• Je
    jennywowa Feb 14, 2012

I also have ordered my wedding dress from Peridress. The dress arrived in time. I couldn’t be happier for it was a most stunning dress I have had! It fits me so well! Thanks for their excellent work put in my dress! Especially the experienced seamstress! The costume jacket matches the dress perfectly!! It seems that I am the focus of the wedding banquet for the beautiful dress! Everyone was asking me where the dress from is! Recommendation was unnecessary to be done! Peridress is the Best! Thank you.

• Vo
    Vormake Mar 08, 2012

I get the sense Ideeli has a huge shipping problem. TWO out of my FOUR items have been "lost." They blame UPS.

However, neither of my "lost" items had working tracking numbers. I was cordial with customer service and politely asked when I would get my order and why the tracking number wasn't working. They replied it is a KNOWN PROBLEM and it shouldn't affect my delivery.

Hmm. Well, I don't think the packages actually existed. Ideeli couldn't give me a working tracking number or an ETA. After FIVE e-mails (no phone number), the customer service rep just said it's lost and I'd get a refund!

I'm irate I won't be getting my items I was dying to get. But, I'm more upset I didn't get a more honest answer. Ideeli lost it--not UPS.

Ordering from Ideeli is like playing the lottery.

Use RueLaLa, HauteLook, or Gilt instead. Ideeli doesn't have their stuff together.

• Br
    Brosmek Mar 09, 2012

I agree with the above sentiments! DO NOT order from here! you will be disappointed. I ordered two shirts from a sale they were running and just found out that they are not coming and are considered"lost" and I had the same nearly impossible to reach customer service as well as the "i don't really care" attitude from the CS department overall. I had read these reviews before looking for a resolution to my missing order and it sounds like a pattern. The last order I placed with them a pair of boots I ordered were suddenly sold out and they gave me the same $25 credit. So I went to use it on the 2 shirts that I ordered, I used the credit and had a balance of about $63. Granted, they are refunding me the $63 but now I have no site credit and no shirts. My inner gut is telling me the whole site is a scam. They lure you in on your first order, and everything goes well and it ships quickly, save one item, so they keep your membership by apologizing and giving you a $25 credit. Then comes the second order where you actually USE the $25 credit and mysteriously the order doesn't arrive because it's "lost" Which is ironic given that UPS had no record of the tracking number I was given. If they lost it, at some point the would have had to posses the package !! I think they only sell actual items to paying tier 1 customers and lure people in with the free intial membership. SO as a tier 2 member you can order it, and pay for it but may not get it. Don't believe their hype. Go to Hautelook.com or reputable big box retailers like Marshall's.

• Al
    Algire Mar 22, 2012

Wow I bought a bunch of things on ideeli, but do not plan to do so anymore! I bought a Jessica Howard dress for $74.94. It took AN ETERTNITY to arrive, and when the damaged, opened box finally arrived, it was 2 SIZES SMALLER than i odered! I immediately contacted live chat who was of no help, and then i tried calling and got a phony "everyone is helping other customers" lie of an answering machine. I do not want a refund - i want my dress! And i ordered it to wear to a function in 2 weeks, so I really want it soon. This is rediculous. I want to speak to a real person on the phone.

• Mo
    Mohamer Mar 26, 2012

I thought that this was a great site. I ordered a lot of clothing and had to return a great deal of it because it was either unexpectedly poor quality (paper-thin cashmere), or too big or too small. Even though I had never once opted for the store credit option, and had always opted for a refund, they are holding on to $1200 of my money!!! I have sent them an email about this a month ago and only after I sent a repeat email did they send a note saying they would be replying within a couple of days. More than a week later, still no reply and still no refund.

In many ways, I get the feeling that the customer service dept is trying, but when they actually steal $1200 of your money, it is so over-the-top. I was hoping that they would come through so that I don't have to start figuring out how to get my money back by what? reporting them to the attorney general? Taking them to small claims court? It will take a lot of effort to even figure out what to do and I totally resent it.

By the way, their online record of one's account is completely bollixed up. It says that things have shipped when they have been canceled, and many other problems. It is completely unreliable in terms of reflecting what is actually going on in your account.

It is really confusing. I was so appreciative when they allowed me to return things that had been termed "nonreturnable", but it turns out to not be much of a favor if they get their merchandise back but they keep your money.

• Sl
    Sliore Apr 10, 2012

Since I joined ideeli, I have purchased well over $1000 worth of merchandise and I have rarely been disappointed with what I received. I made the mistake of ordering a bathing and didn't pay close enough attention to the non-refundable line. I cannot even get it over my head it is so tiny. It is so small even if I lost 10-15 pounds it wouldn't fit! I asked them to make an exception just this once and they wouldn't budge. So I am returning everything else that was on the order and I am discontinuing my membership with ideeli!

• Fa
    Fabole Apr 16, 2012

I ordered a pair of shoes, the order got canceled saying that there was an issue with credit card whereas my credit card has been working fine with every other transaction I have made. Then there was this second time when they said there was an inventory problem and the order for a dress got canceled. I contacted the customer service and the guy was rude. Initially I was a bit heated up and did not engage in common courtesy but I was t quick to apologize. That did not help. Then he went ahead and the wisecrack that he was, he told me how he would just go out and buy a dress if he were me, like I did not think of that.

• Na
    Naimere Apr 25, 2012

I have had serious problems with this site. I ordered pants in FEBRUARY and to this date 4/25 have not received them. Every time I complain, they tell it will get shipped. I received credit once but I'm hesitate to use it now that I know it takes 3 months to get something. The pants first got "lost in transit" then were "pending shipment".

Please safe yourself the trouble and agony and do not order from this site. If you have problems, you need to "chat online" with a Representative who will give you attitude and are not sympathetic of their mistakes. There is also no phone number listed.

• Ar
    Ariel Liu Apr 26, 2012

Worst shopping experience ever!!
    I bought a set of luggage a few days ago. The next day it emailed me said the order was canceled, and asked me to contact them if I believed my order had been incorrectly identified as fraud. Then I found out not only my order was canceled, my account was also deleted! When I contact them, they said the reason was because they called me but couldn't reach me.
    I strongly doubt this is the correct way to identify a fraud and treat a customer. I've met the same situation before. I was at work and couldn't pick up the phone, but the other place only canceled my order, which I can totally understand. What ideeli.com had done is super irrational and disrespectful to customers. I feel insulted and very angry about it.

• Ta
    Tambier Apr 29, 2012

Took a month to get the item. Decided to return it. Since return was only authorized for 14 days from SHIP DATE I could not process it online. Live chatted with 4 different customer service reps over a period of 2 days - all nice but giving me erroneous information. Finally received 2 return authorizations for the same item but its been a week since first contact and still don't have the promised email with my prepaid return label. I did receive an email stating it would take several days to process the return label - really? why? Now I have to contact them again because those several days have passed with nothing (not even in my spam folder)! I will never order from them again!! What a hassle.

• Ki
    Kiaman Jul 18, 2012

When i first read ideeli review, i never think i will have any problem like many others.I was wrong.I made my first order $129, thinking if this turn out good i would purchase again.But when i search on youtube, saw a couple clips, say ideeli is great..blab..blab..blab.So, i went back the next day, made another purchase $237.I paid two shipping cost, but dont know why they shipped both my orders at the same times in one box.Also, the ups arrived the last moment at 7:20pm.I paid $12 shipping at Dillard, it arrive the next day(at noon).That included many items.Anyway, when i recieved my box, it was all BEAT UP, all my clothes is out.My husband have to pick up one by one, brought it inside.When i saw the "Designer" dress, im about to faint.This is my nightmare, all my money goes down the toilet, cuz i CANT REFUND IT.They sent one item the wrong size and i have to eat it.The material is thin the sewing is just simple, all of it! The whole night, i was upset.It is all my fault, i shoulda goes with my instinct.Whata fool!Why rush in?The next day, i went to UNSUBSCRIBE on my email.They ask me to share my thought, so i told them.Now, i felt a little better, cuz i dont have to hold on my pain inside anymore.I cant tell my husband, of course.After spent all his hard working money for useless clothes.This is just my opinion and my experiment.Also, this is my first time membership with ideeli and will be the Last!

• Ko
    Komm Aug 21, 2012

I received an item ordered, however the size was too small and I wanted to speak with someone and see if an exchange for a larger size was an option. I first tried their live chat on the website, however it does not connect. I then tried their customer service phone number, however there was never a representative available to speak with me. I left several messages and no one ever got back to me. Because of the non existent customer service I probably will not shop from ideeli again. It's unfortunate.

• Du
    Dunken Nov 22, 2012

Their customer service is terrible! I recently returned an order and they incorrectly issued a store credit instead of the refund that I requested. When I contacted customer service to correct the problem, I dealt with a snarky, condescending woman who was less than apologetic. She offered to submit my concern for investigation, but apparently could not do anything else for me. When I explained that I would prefer to have the problem fixed immediately so I could make another purchase, she stated that I should hold off on any purchases because "we don't want another problem, do we?" After my concern was investigated, I received an email assuring that my credit card would be refunded. After a month and no refund, I contacted customer service again and dealt with another rude customer service representative who finally figured out what was going on, stated he would have the refund reissued, and then hung up on me. Needless to say, I won't be doing business with them again, there are plenty of other deals websites out there.

• Ni
    Nieble Nov 26, 2012

I bought a cashmere cape with fox fur trim for $499. Instead i was sent a gray cheap dress! I called 3 times and sent 6 emails regarding this matter. They would not credit my card till they received the wrong merchandise back, as though the dress was worth $499. They also will not credit the $10 shipping they charged me for sending the wrong merchandise. I have purchase so much merchandise from them but as soon as something goes wrong you do not hear back from them. The recording says they will call back in 24 hours yet 2 weeks later no call! Do not buy from them!

• Lo
    Lomsete Jan 03, 2013

Worst service ever!!! They authorized my Credit card three times (!!!) and overdrew my bank account in the process. I called them immediately and explained that Bank of America charges $35 if at midnight your account is overdrawn. No response. I used their live chat and finally got someone to call me. They said this is a reoccurring problem they've had with customers, and refused to take any accountability. They apologized repeatedly, but refused to cover the bank fee THEY had racked up. They also claimed they had voided all of the extra charges, that they would drop off at the banks discretion. The banks discretion is 3-5 business days, well past the deadline for my fee.

I've been a customer of theirs for the last year and a half and could not believe this treatment. It's unacceptable to charge more than the purchase price, especially in multiple increments. They claimed to authorize the card for the whole amount, void the charge, them charge as the items ship. WHY NOT CHARGE THE PRICE OUTRIGHT.? OR HAVE THIS RIDICULOUS POLICY POSTED?

I canceled my account with them on the spot. Literally the worst customer service I have ever had to endure!!! TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE.

• Go
    Golbane Jan 10, 2013

I generally frequent sites similar to Ideeli, like Gilt and Hautelook, and expected similar customer service from Ideeli. Boy, was I wrong. I purchased something from Ideeli in late November...I still have not received the item. Ideeli ships their product via UPS Surepost, which the only thing "sure" about it is that it's sure to be late. UPS will transport the item up to a point, then transfer to it USPS. There's no tracking available of your product after that point. My stuff shipped on 12/18 and it's now 1/8 and I've still not received it. Worst procurement process ever. Decided to stick w/ the other sites going forward.

• Ba
    Bagine Jan 21, 2013

Worst customer service! They 'lost' my deliveries twice, and even after calling a hundred times to figure out why this was happening, and prevent a repeat, after ordering several times from them! I was met with, " I'm sorry, we will cancel your account if you want, and oh, by the way, if you want the items that were misplaced, we will place you on the waiting list!!"

• Bu
    Bulekone Jun 03, 2016

Although I have purchased from their site. Their customer service is HORRIBLE. The whole referral credit is bs also. I have referred 3 sibling but bc their credit card has the same billing address they refuse to credit me, other sites did not have an issue with this. Instead they were arguing with me and being very rude.