The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd. — complaint of cheating / using unfair trade practice
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I want to lodge a complaint of cheating / using unfair trade practice by icici representative for issuing me a hospital care health plan policy no.[protected] in the name of raj pal singh rawat.
I have received a phone call on my mobile from one of icici prudential life insurance representative that my credit card limit is going to be raised to rs.1, 08, 000/- (One lakh eight thousand) from my current limit of rs.15, 000/- (Fifteen thousand) and he started explaining me the features and benefits of the said limits, which is as follows:
1. I can use this said limit credit card to buy gold jewellery and get discount of 10% on the total billing amount.
2. I can avail cash credit limit upto rs.1, 00, 000/- (One lakh) for 45 days for which no interest will be chargeable, if ipay the cash credit limit amount within the due date.
3. When I asked him that the said limit will raise / increase on my same credit card no.[protected], he said yes, but it will take at least fifteen to twenty days for processing and there will be no service charge imposed. To get all these favour & benefits you have to take a health policy. The special feature & benefits of the said policy as told by him is as under :-
1. There will be no emi for first year.
2. The emi will start from second year with your consent.
3. Thereafter, representative of icici prudential life insurance told me that I will receive a call from icici bank credit card department regarding my consent to debit the credit card for the premium amount. When I asked him why? He told me that this is just for paper work.
4. The emi will be shown from this year (I. E. The emi amount will not be added to total amount due for that month). He also told me not to disclose about he said limit and benefits of the credit card since he is not authorized to inform these kind of features / benefit to customers.
This is all the telephonic conversation; I had with icici prudential life insurance representative in the month of february, 2009.
In the month of april I received my credit card statement. I was shocked to see the emi added to my total amount due for the month. Then, I immediately contact on icici prudential life insurance call centre number and inquired about the same. The representative, who attended the call, told me that our seniors will call you back within 24 hours. But there was no response.
Again, in the month of may, I received my credit card statement with added emi of health policy. Once more, I contact icici call centre. This time he told me to file a written complaint to icici prudential life insurance branch office at aurbindo market, hauz khas, n. Delhi-18. So, I write a complaint letter on 26.05.2009 to icici prudential life insurance.
In the month of june again, I received added emi statement of my credit card statement and enquired about the same with icici prudential life insurance hauz khas office. They hand over me a letter dated 28th may, 2009 stating that we (Icici prudential life insurance) have completed investigating your case and understand that you were clearly explained the policy features and benefits. After having explained the policy terms and conditions, you have given your consent to debit your credit card for the premium amount.
Here, I want to bring to your notice that the representative who provided me the said health policy via telephonic conversation did not inform me about the customer entitlement for a free look period of 15 days as mentioned in the letter.
Once again I approached to evp – customer service & technology of icici prudential life insurance co. Ltd., on 27th july, 2009 via e-mail. On 28th july, 2009 they replied that our specialized team is investigation the concern and you would be receiving a communication by 25th august, 2009. Thereafter on 29th july, 2009 they ask me to provide my complete 12-digit saving account number. After 2-3 days I received a letter dated 29th july, 2009 with the as usual reply that you were clearly explained the policy features and benefits. After having explained the policy terms and conditions, you have given your consent to debit your credit card for the premium amount.
More ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd. Complaints & Reviews
- ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India - money2india: read this before you use the service!
- ICICI Money2india Service - misleading exchange rate posted on their websites
- ICICI Bank Ltd - worst nri icici bank services
- ICICI Cpp India Card Protection - unauthorised debiting of my credit card.
- ICICI Bank - unable to confirm payee while abroad
- ICICI Bank - netbankig froud
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance - fraudulent icici prudential insurance policy without my knowledge
- ICICI Credit Card - false statement
- ICICI Prudential - fraud by icici prudential agent and need urgent assistance
- ICICI Bank - sarwagya updhyay, amit goel icici bank manager cheated, mg road, blr