Iberostar Cozumeltheft/corruption

My wife and I stayed at the Iberostar Cozumel for 7 days from Dec [protected]. We had a pack of 2 - 4 Gigabyte memory cards and a waterproof camera stolen from our room by the housekeeper the last night we were there. The management did not seem to care that their staff was pilfering guests rooms instead choosing to blame their guests for not remembering to lock every single valuable thing they have up in the little shoebox safe. It would seem based on what I have read in other reviews that the maids understand that it is open season on anything in the room not locked up in the safe. Iberostar needs to take some responsibility for the actions of their staff and quit blaming guests. Unless you are sure that you will not forget to put EVERYTHING of any value in safe EVERY time you leave your room for anything - don't stay at the Iberostar in Cozumel. It's not so much the value of what was stolen that gets me - it was all the video's from our scuba diving and time at the resort as well as other photos etc (8 gig memory card was in the camera) that we cannot replace. Stealing guests things just before they need to leave to head back to their country is one of the dirtiest bloody tricks I know of.

Mark Miles Feb 25, 2016

It is always best to hire someone skilled to do so, unfortunately in most cases these companies dedicated to cancel timeshares usually cheat for the second time to their customers since they are vulnerable and desperate. If you are thinking of hiring them you just have to make sure you do not have to make any payment upfront ... I found these articles that speak precisely about this, you should read them, that might help you to resolve many doubts:

I hope you can solve your problem, good luck