Hyundai Motor Finance Companyunsolicited phone calls

D

Less than 15 days late on a car payment and I receive calls daily harassing me for money. According to the people who phone, this is hmfc's policy as it is computer-driven. You actually start getting calls 6 days overdue. By 15 days we were getting up to about 12 per day.

I recommend you seriously consider before financing your car with these people - when things go wrong the harassment is unbelievable, many of the staff are rude and most do not record the conversation on their computer.

I am also in the process of lodging a formal complaint via the florida office of financial regulation (www.flofr.com). fyi section 806 of fair debt collection practices act prohibits abusive communication and harassment tactics. Subsection 5 of the above prohibits harassment with multiple calls.

Vikas Goyanka Aug 29, 2016

Vikas Goyanka Aug 29, 2016

I bought tv just 7 days before ...55 inches ...dealer takkar international, singrauli MP, conveinced me that its a good product though i have sony already in my home but takkar international and humdai cheated me ...tv is not working i complaint at dealer point engineer came and asked to open and replace the parts though i hv not even cut the ribbon of the product i complaint dealer to replace the same as it is not even trield...service engineer talked very badly and dealer on line started to force that i have only option to repair...VERY VERY BAD ...the product i have not used yet company wants to repair ...hyundai it is a request...kindly Take care...TOTALLY CHEATED... WORST PRODUCT...WORST COMPANY. .. i suggest never go for it...

• Kr
    Krishenko Aug 22, 2016

My car went in for repair work as an oil gasket was leaking. once that was fixed, they realised that the torque convertor on the engine was damaged as well. so they said it will take 14 days to fix it bcoz they have to wait for the part to come all the way from Korea! after making a lot of phone calls they said they will do us a favour and have it ready in 5 days. and becasue of them taking so long which isnt our fault, we asked for a courtesy car to use in the meantime but they were completely uninterested and to them it seemed as a really big joke. the guy at customer care wanted to know what car we have, and because it is a small Atos he was not interseted. had it been a bigger car then maybe he would have given the problem more attention? the way we are treated as a customer is very pathetic and they need to be a abit more cooperative, understanding and helpful. a car is a carr whether big or small and it is important that they are able to give us the service that we as customers expect.

• Valerie Aug 10, 2016

I got a car on 10/27/06 from a Hyundai dealership.The dealership said I was good to go then 5 days later contacted me saying I could get a better interest rate if I wanted to add my wife to the note.I gave them the info.

expecting a better rate,but instead about 10 days later I get a call telling me I had to bring back the car or give them 5000.00 dollars.I later found out this tactic is called trying to make more money on the back end of the deal.So buyers beware not only was this embarrassing but they didn't pay any on my trade-in,so it put me behind on it.They also hit my credit about 28 times.I contacted BBB but have not yet heard from Hyundai about this matter.So beware of these practices.Would also like to add they only had 7 days to find financing not 16 and should only run your credit 3 or 4 times not 28 times. Every time it is run it hurts your score don't let them tell you different and don't let the big companies treat you like a nothing!!!

SAROJ KUMAR BISWAL Aug 04, 2016

Sir, I bought a Hyundai Santro eRLX,Zing car on 07/09/2007 from one of Hyundai dealer Utkal Hyundai,Bhubaneswar Orissa and the car has not done 1500km yet elible for first servicing.I will be soon approching the dealer for first service .But to my utter surprise the Car's height at the Driver's side is dipped comparded to the other side of the car which makes a unbalnce drive as the froction on the tyre to the diogonally opposit the driver's side is less compared to the other side.I would like that the dealer may be advised to cheak the car at the time of first service with sufficient time and if requred replace the shock absorver/or any other appliances need to be replaced as my experince with this car is dissapointing to my other Maruti cars which gave me error free service years together.I am sure the Complany will adequte care to rectify the defect.My car No is OR 02 AQ 0378.
    Thanking You,
    Regards
    s k biswal

• Mi
    Michael G. Jul 26, 2016

I Leased a 2011 Kia Sportage. I wanted to transfer my personalized (my dead wifes name) plates to the Kia. Motor Vehicle dept. said that I have to get an okay from Hyundai leasing since they are on my registration. I've written to Kia also Hyundai, i've called and they don't return my call. If I can't get this resolved I will trade off my Kia when I can, Never buy from Kia or Hyundai again and when people ask about the car it stinks!!!

Send me a letter for motor vehicle dept so I can change my plates.

• Ro
    Robert Jul 15, 2016

I bought a Hyundai Santa Fe new in 2001. I also bought a years worth of oil changes. There was, and still is, an intermittent problem involving the lights. The lights go off by themselves while driving. This problem was reported four times when the vehicle was brought in for service, however I never noticed that although I told the service manager he neglected to put it in the computer and being that this was an intermittent problem it could not be found.

Lets fast forward to 2005. I brought the vehicle in again for the lighting issue and this time he could fix it, for a fee. The vehicle had less than the 100,000 miles but that did not matter. I told him that it was in here before for the same reason, at least four times, however, as he showed me, there was no documentation in the computer.

Now the complaint. I called Hyundai USA in 2005 and the customer service rep. told me that this was a used vehicle and a used vehicle had a different warranty. I asked her what she meant and she told me that this vehicle was titled before. She would not give me the name of the previous owner however. I explained to her that this vehicle was sold to me as a new vehicle. This complaint was transferred to the Dallas regional area where I sent them the original bill of sale. After not hearing back from them I contacted the customer service people again and I was told that there is not a regional office in the Dallas area. However, when I brought up a gentleman’s name, and the fact that I sent him documentation and had paperwork with a letterhead on it, he agreed that there was another office. What Hyundai wanted me to do was send them all my paperwork so that they could change theirs showing me to be the only owner of this vehicle. I refused and wanted to know what type of restitution I would receive for this deceptive trade.

After another phone call last year I was asked if a certain mechanic in the Houston area had called me. No, no one called. I asked for his name so I could contact him and they would not give it to me.

This has been an issue since 2005 that Hundai refuses to make amends for. I even tried the Hyundai web site, to see if I could e-mail the president of Hyundai USA, however all correspondence leads to the customer service people which as you can see this service does not exist. As of today October 18,2006 Hyundai has refused to acknowledge this complaint even though through their own admission they did acknowledge that this was in fact a used vehicle.

I would like to thank the Readers Digest for writing an article about this web site in the October 2006 edition. Had I have known about this web site previously I would have posted this earlier.

In closing I know that the question out there is, would I buy another Hyundai? My answer to you is after reading this, would you.

Robert

• Ne
    neelam2206 Jul 15, 2016

Posted: 2009-08-07 by Yashvardhan Kahsyap

Manufacturing defect

Complaint Rating:
    I brought a hyundai television from a dealer by the name Next Retail Shop, Gurgaon, india on 17.01.2009.after some time its picture tube is not working properly. it is showing soem different colours. I called up the dealer and informed abt the problem the same day. i have visite to his show room many times. then he said this is not service centre, you go to some service centre. from that day he is giving us some wrong addresses of service centres. we are trying to lacate service centre but we couldnt find any near by. your dealers dont respond at all. TV has not even worked for 4 months properly.

Such a reputed company, how can they neglect the costumers request. Like this the company (hyundai) will be loosing costumers & will not be able to attract indian market.

• Su
    Subhasis1986 Jul 15, 2016

I purchased a hyundai TV of 25 inch on 2008.After this i faced problem in power after 4 days.
    Then the same problem repeated after 6 months.

Then sound problem faced after 3 months.

Then picture /display problem arised after 2 months.

• Et
    Etan Jul 15, 2016

BUYERS BEWARE. HYUNDAI HAS PURPOSELY DESIGNED A SAFETY FLAW IN THEIR SONATA REAR DECK BRAKE LIGHTS. WHEN THEY FAIL, YOU HAVE TO BRING THE CAR BACK TO THE DEALER TO GET THE LIGHT REPLACED. THIS EXPENSIVE AND TIME CONSUMING REQUIREMENT WILL CERTAINLY RESULT IN MANY LIGHTS NOT BEING REPLACED AND MANY POTENTIAL ACCIDENTS. E-MAILS TO HYUNDAI VERIFY THAT THEY PURPOSELY LEFT THE ISSUE OUT OF THEIR OWNERS MANUALS AND YOU CAN PURCHASE A REPAIR MANUAL, HOWEVER THE ACTUAL REMOVAL OF THE LAMP IS TIME CONSUMING AND PAINFUL. DO NOT BUY A HYUNDAI!!

RIIT Jul 15, 2016

i had booked i20 megna on 23/25 nov. 2009. i was promissed to deliver car on 7 dec. 2009 but till 11 dec. 2009, i have not receive car or any status information of despatch. i this behaviour continues, i have to withdrew my claim on car and cancel the order. thanks

• Un
    Unhappy Pensioner Jul 15, 2016

Model : Getz (2009 Model)
    Registration no : FFC217EC
    Took my car for a service : 27/10/2010
    1st complaint 25 October 2010 (Spoke to Sheena (Bought the car through her) and complaint about the car giving problems and not wanting to start at times and that I thought it was the starter. The care
    The Technician was Marthinus
    Nothing was done about the problem, they just service the car and gave not attention to the problem I made them aware of. The job card also didn’t show anything about the complaint that I told Sheena about
    I phoned her on the 28/10/2010 to find out what was wrong with the car, because she didn’t said
    anything about the problem that I complaint about. Sheena said that she will find out and come back to me, she never did.
    Two weeks has gone by
    Then the car wouldn’t start at Spar (Sunridge Park) Spoke to a Shaun on a Saturday Nov 2010
    Never came back to me (Unfortunate I didn’t write down the dates but it was in November 2010)
    Spar security helped us push the car and eventually it took and we could at least go home.
    Then a week later in Dec 2010 I had the same problem again, the car didn.t want to start and made a funny noise like the battery was flat
    Our son-in law came and jump started the care for us so we can at least get home again.
    Then my son in law took the car to your branch in North End, so that they can check the car and they then said that it was the starter and that they were going to order a new one and that he must bring the car in on the Friday. My son in law, spoke directly to the Workshop Manager.
    That Friday I phoned the workshop because my son in law had a accident and had a broken shoulder he couldn’t be there at 8 o Clock as arranged, but he couldn’t made it that time because of his accident and had to go for x-rays first.
    When he contacted them, they told him that he was a liar and said that he hasn’t been there with the car and they don't know anything about fixing it. Yet (ironically enough) they said they would order a starter and that he must bring it in on the Wednesday15/12/2010. My opinion of course is that they forget to order it and didn’t had any other excuse. When he did go to take the car that morning they haven't even order the starter! and took a starter out of another Getz (he made them write it on the Invoice) to put in my car!!

My husband had a stroke in 2009 and because of his illness he decided to buy me this new car so that he knows that I will never had any problems with a car if I need to take him somewhere, but since we had this Getz it's just the one problem after the other and the service is so poor. If we new this we wouldn’t even consider a Getz.
    And before all this problems we had to push the car three times also with the same problem, one time at Builders Warehouse once at Pick & Pay in Walker Drive and at Domestic Distributors, I rather tried to get it go by myself, because I didn’t want to bother them all the time, but now it's getting just too much for me, and with my husband’s health this kind of thing with the car is causing a problem for me and I am sick and tired for that they can't fixed this problem
    So AGAIN on the 21/01/2011 took my husband to the doctor the same old problem again, normally we could push the car and then it take easy, but this time it was like it was lock, the windows didn’t wants to work and the one phone call after the other we had to wait 2 hours and 38min for help from your side. It was very hot and my husband were sick and a grandchild in the car and it was so hot my husband just wanted to faint I had to run around for help, because here we are standing in the middle of nowhere and we had to wait so long to be helped!
    I am beyond disappointed with Hyundai service and demand response to this complaint or I will consider going to the Newspapers. I will most definitely not leave the matter as this. This is not what you expect from a brand new car and also not from its Dealer. The car only has 8741 kilo’s on. I mean, really.

Victoria Ri2 Jul 15, 2016

02/02/2008 I wanted to get into a more reasonable vehicle that my 2006 Honda Accor Hybrid and had an appointment with Cheryl at Southwest Hyundai.

I test drove a vehicle, and I liked it and was told what the payments would be, but never the sale price. They asked for my insurance carrier and changed my insurance on the verhicle prior to signing any papers. I was there 3 1/2 hours going over everything except the price and the interest. I had such a splitting headache and every time I tried to leave there was more pressue we will do this for you etc. I could get financing from my bank at 5% interest if they would go thought them, but I was told that I could refinance and it would be quicker and easier. The last paper I was to see and sign was the amount and the percentage rate. I signed just to get out of there, and then I realized what I had done on the way home. I paid 32, 000.00 for a 2007 Hyundaid Santa Fe that Kelly Blue book retails at $25, 000.00. I am paying 9.75% interest which I can not get out of because no bank will lend me that much money for the vehicle. Plus, I just had to get Triple A to come out to jump the vehicle so that I can go to work. I was a fool, I thought that Southwest Hyundai would be reputable, and they have really taken advantge of me.

They also knew I had a splitting headache and used that to their advantage.

• Ve
    Vernon Rock Jul 15, 2016

We bought a new Tiburon on a Friday evening that was dirty, needed the wheels changed, and a second key fob. They did not have time to complete the work on Friday and gave us an appointment for Monday at 11:00am. The sales person Kathy, even said she would refill the gas tank then. On Monday they took just over 3 hours to change out the wheels, program a second key fob, and spray scent in the car. No detail or gas, and the original key fob no longer worked. We complained about the detail and key fob we were supposed to get and were asked to come back in on Saturday. Well today was Saturday. We arrived at 11:00am, I asked how long they would need to complete the work. I was told 35-45 minutes. When I asked if he was sure, he said maybe an hour. I agreed to stay that length of time but told him I was not willing to spend another 3 hours waiting like we did on Monday. Just over 2 hours later and half hourly questions by me got us our second key fob, both now worked, and a ### detail. I had the manager come out and look at the detail - dirty windows, foot scuffs on the console, streaks all over the dash, etc. He apologized and said that they were very busy today, but did not offer any recourse. To top it off, we never got the fill up that was promised either.

In conclusion - FIND ANOTHER DEALER!

JoeHasHisSay Jul 15, 2016

While I am incapable of seeing or understanding how poor customer service is a benefit to any business, or positively contribute to their bottom-line, here are some ways how NOT to treat a customer at the Woodbridge Hyundai Finance Department:

1. Call your potential customers by a different name shown on their paperwork; even after they repeatedly correct you.

2. Continue to argue the merits of having them pay a higher interest rate, when they only question asked is if you can beat their financial institution's current interest rate or not.

3. Ask as paperwork is being signed if the primary buyer should be switch

Some folks in the auto sales industry are given a reputation they do not deserve. Other times - they go out of their way to earn it!

• Eg
    Egudinne Jul 15, 2016

Today I serviced my Hyundai bakkie, it was pulling to one side when braking so i asked my general mechanic to check it out.

He reported back to me that the brake discs had been skimmed out of spec, making the vehicle a death trap to drive.

Twice at Hyundai Strydom Park they told me they had REPLACED the discs, this is obviously not true. I even checked them myself and indeed, even to my untrained eye, they had never been replaced.

I find it hard to accept Hyundai Strydom Park's lack of respect for human life, my staff have been at risk for some time now without my knowledge, i will never buy another Hyundai or Kia (They are serviced at the same place) product again.

• Hy
    HYUNDAI GENSIS 4.6 Jul 15, 2016

At 1500 miles the transmission began to have abnormal metallic slapping and clunking noise.This caused the rear end to have some play and gear wine. The FACTORY TRAINED HYUNDAI TECH did not have and answer after driving the car twice. HYUNDAI customer service IS WORTHLESS and the dealer is of no help. The pride and standard bearer of KOREA IS A LEMON. There are no parts or adjustments for this. The stiff steering and hard ride and road feel caused by vibration from the DUNLOP tires make you feel like the human shock absorber. The front seats need more thigh support .The passenger seat operation to be same as the drivers seat. there is a blind spot when the drivers seat is all the way back. Sun light washes out nav screen. Limited warranty on items. My $42000 retirement car is an non repairable and I have been made an ORPHAN.

• Ka
    Karen J. Lynn Jul 15, 2016

Bought a Hyundai Sonata new in 2003. Had 80, 000 miles on it when clutch pedal went to the floor. Clutch parts were not bad, but flywheel was DEFECTIVE. Flywheel not like normal flywheels, but had arms and bushings that allowed the pressure plate and clutch disc to be pushed too far into the transmission bell housing, scraping the bell housing and locking the pedal to the floor. Flywheel > $1300! Only dealer item. Wrote Hyundai Motors and they would not do anything about it! WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HYUNDAI!!!

• Bi
    Bill Harms Jul 15, 2016

I purchased a 2007 Sante with a 2.7 liter engine and 4 speed automatic. Hyundai advertised the gas mileage to be 8 l /100 kms for highway driving. It got 12 l /100kms and 18 l / 100kms for city driving. The CD player kept heating up CDs to the point of warping them. I complained to the dealer in Edmonton, I was told that there was nothing that could be done and I had to live with it.
    I was involved in an accident, where a person cut me off and I T-boned her at 60 kph. Non of the air bags went off. Again when I complained there was nothing there could do for me.
    Hyundai want to sell cars and SUVs but they stretch the truth about their vehicle's capabilities, their air bags may not work and they don't know to fix their vehicles. How can car manufacturers get away with unethical business practises leaving the consumer to pay for their mistakes?

Ria van Staden TZANEEN Jul 15, 2016

I trade in my car on 18.5.2011 on a new Hyundai i20. Since this date I have been struggling to get Hyundai to settle my outstanding account on my car with Stannic, and pay me the balance of R33 000, 00 on the trade-in. Three weeks passed and I still have no joy, despite the fact that I have been promised that payment would be made by 3.6.2011. Despite various calls even to Customer Care on 6 and 7 June, and the dealer, I still have no payment, nor settlement of my account.

• We
    westernagent Jul 15, 2016

Not only repo guys hired by Hyundai break the law by entering illegally that is trespassing private property but they seem to prefer Thursdays or Fridays to do their jobs to charge the weekend days knowing that very few people would be able to get their cars back. Worse, these repo companies charge between $ 750 to $ 900 dollars for repo fees and $ 30 dollars per day of storage and another $ 25 daily for keeping personal properties (even a pinhead, trash papers). Even if you were behind three months, the fees alone surpasses the arrears.
    Hyundai Finance's agents are known to give you roundabouts and conflicting instructions and they insist in only Western Union and Money Gram when same can be done via wire or online payment saving considerable fees to the consumers.
    All the vicious practices must be fully investigated as many consumers rights are violated and go uncontested. Time to file formal complaints with the Consumer Protection Agency and the Federal Trade Commission. if anyone reading this post have been directly affected by their bad business practices, please contact me with your case and weigh our options.

• Fl
    Florence Chris Peurifoy Jul 15, 2016

I have always made my auto payment before the due date and in more than the amount. My wallet was stolen and I filed a police report. I paid my regular payment, but apparently it was not received. The calls started coming in in addition to the reminder letter. I sent in my check in the amount of $200.00 on May 6, 2012. Check number 2213, Chase bank. Don't you think that with my payment record, something might be wrong? I am disappointed that you would think so little of a faithful and loyal customer. This is my first new car and at my age, 76, that is something of an accomplishment.

• Bl
    Blacoo Jul 15, 2016

While driving my car, i noticed there was a problem with the power steering. It felt unsafe. So i had the car towed to my local garage. They noticed that the undercarriage was corroded and the front control arm had snapped causing a problem with the steering. They told me that there was a recall for this from the manufacturer and i should call the dealership. I had my car towed to the dealership to have them look at it. They said the same thing, and that it was covered under the recall. So they fixed it. They notified me that there was a problem with the power steering still. They said it was not related to the recall issues. I picked up the car without the power steering being fixed to get another opinion. I called 3 other repair shops and each said they did not understand why the dealership did not fix the problem along with the recall issues. I have not been able to get anywhere with the power steering repair. The dealership refused to cover the repairs and i feel that i should not have to pay out of pocket to fix a problem related to the recall.

• Fr
    freddy-o Jul 15, 2016

I went to the dealer to possibly purchase a new car and after going back and forth for the final purchase price with them, they were going to give only $500 for my 2003 Hyundai elantra, .which of course I did not accept. Later I found out, that the $500 were suppose to give it to me anyway as a loyalty client. They wanted me to give them my car for nothing. How about that!. Anybody going to that dealership should do their homework before making a purchase, otherwise you are going to be ripped off.

• Fr
    FRANCOISv Jul 15, 2016

I have recently (3 months ago) bought a Nissan Micra at Hyundai Hatfield branch. Upon signature of the necessary documentation, same was not explained with the effect that I was not aware of the additional costs involved up until recently when I have received my account from FNB. The additional costs included "Delivery & Service Fee" of R3 300 even though the salesman confirmed that same are included in the price of the vehicle (i have also collected the vehicle myself), a "Warranty Regent Fee" of R4 385.96 was also included on their own discretion (if I have known - I would have declined same), and a "Matrix Tracking Device" of R3 858.77 was also included without my consent / knowledge of which I asp was not aware of up until receipt of the statement which set out same. All of the above ads up to an additional amount of R11 544.73 which I did not budged for and would not approved of. These additional items were chosen on my behalf without being explained to me not my consent herein. I am extremely unhappy and would not have known what i am paying for additionally up until receipt of the Statement from FNB. I am kindly requesting that the additional costs being reversed / refunded with immediate effect.

• Ro
    Roo Jul 15, 2016

When we bought our car at that dealership, we were promised an extra key to sent it to our mailing address within 7-10 business days, and a 100$ referral check to my husband's dad since he referred that Company to us. That was almost 3 months ago, and we haven't receive our extra key and a promised referral check for my husband's dad. We have contacted our sales person many times and conversations with several managers, but nothing happens.

There were several excuses for not receiving our extra key and the referral check, even managers always promised to call us back for what ever they've find out about the problems, but even managers do not call back.

• Mr
    mrs kavita khemka Jul 15, 2016

sir,
    as i mrs kavita khemka have purchased a new hyundai i10 car from your dealer brij hyundai, agra, india in which thier was a exchange bonus promised to me of rs fifteen thousand by the company against my old car sold to them. they promised me that i will get the cheque in about fifteen days but its more than six months i have not received it, and on contacting the dealer they always says that we have not received the amount from company side,
    so please kindly do the need full against the dealer, my car number is UP80 BQ 0580 and my email id is [email protected]

thanks and regards
    kavita khemka

• Xx
    Xxx001 Jul 15, 2016

My experience with this Dealer was is absolutely HORRIBLE. This dealer is FRAUD!. And there is is sales manager name is TIM BRAINDER is the biggest lier I ever seen with no respect no ethic. He was the most disrespectful gay. You can see his all his disrespectful feeling on his eyes and gestures. The price they advertise on the website and their real price are totally different. They advertise $14200 for an Elentra. I drove down there more than an hour to get there. I was planing to buy that car for sure. When I went there they told me that price is $19K> when I asked them about the price on the web. I was told that if you are qualify some certain discounts than you can get that deal. (And they never mention about all this details on the web). But he admitted that you could never get qualified for all those discounts with out checking my score and all other information.

• Hl
    HLee881 Jul 15, 2016

They'll try anything to invalidate your warranty. If you work at Hyundai dealership you'll do the same.

• Ki
    Kim Hodde Jul 15, 2016

My Hyundai Elantra is 2 yrs old and I have replaced 8 bulbs across the rear and tag lights. Never ever have I replaced this many lights. I have a truck that is 13 yrs old and I have replaced 2 bulbs.

• Hl
    hlauren Jul 15, 2016

Bought a 2012 Genesis in Dec of 2012. In 14 months have gone through three transmissions... car in shop twice for almost 60 days... so Hyundai says... well we fixed it and we will give you 1 months payment... told them to shove it... at their finance rate of .09% there is no value... very snotty people

richard warden Jul 15, 2016

blew the headgasket on my 2004 Elantra due to faulty radiator and car overheating. Had a replacement radiator put in at a radiator shop and now the head gasket is blown with 69, 000 miles on the car and because I did not use a Hyundai radiator they will not honor the 100, 000 mile powertrain warrenty.

• Sp
    SPARKER5150 Jul 15, 2016

We brought in a 2008 Veracruz Limited this past December for a recall repair on the engine gasket and alternator. When we received the car back, it was prone to complete engine/electrical shutdowns that could last from a few seconds with no car power to a situation in which we would have to try to get off of the road and restart the car. This situation is very dangerous, yet when we took it back twice, they said that they could find nothing wrong, though they did the bare minimum in troubleshooting the issue. I have taken it back a third time and now they are telling me that it is the fuel pump and will cost $900 to pay for something which they screwed up.
    Their "Customer Service" is a godforsaken joke, as is their technical support. I will NEVER purchase another Hyundai or KIA product again!!! Completely untrustworthy and incompetent!! DO YOU HEAR ME TERRY AT HYUNDAI??...as I cannot get you or Steve to return my calls to get my car back after almost 2 months!!

• Ve
    very disappointed kmh2013 Jul 15, 2016

in purchased a 2013 hyundai elantra not informed there was not a spare included in the purchase price, found out the hard way..i was offered all the other options and never once was informed it did not come with spare. im furious i travel, i fortunately had flat tire in town but still was stranded had a tow truck haul car to the dealer ship... 1) they sold me all this other coverages and necessities and NEVER mentioned i had to purchase a spare, nor did i know it doesnt come with one.. ihave asked several people they even males didnt know know this ... dont hyou think it would be important in selling a car!!! now i have to come up with $500 dollars to get a kit, having a fiance and dauhghter in military i travel alot, i would be stranded 1000s of miles away though i did purchase the EXTRA coverage for tires, so yes the tire is covered the problem is why would they offer all the other warranties, accessories and not do the necessary saftey equipment.!!! plese advise me on how to handle this.. i was leary of going by myself being a girl to a dealership, but now i know i shouldnt have gone alone, shouldve apparently taken a MALE with me so i wasnt taken advantage of as being ignorant..of not knowing a spare isnt included.. im furious.. i spent $21000 on a car and went to buy a used car, they got me to buy the car and spend the extra money for waranty and etc..

• Va
    varinder singh Jul 15, 2016

I varinder singh bal went to the Hyundai show room situated at G T road Amritsar to book the Verna model of Hyundai. the booking amount was one Lac.. i was ready to pay and book the car.. But they wanted me to give them a written commitment that i will purchase accessories of the car wourth 25000/ ruppees at the time of delievery. when i said no to this commitment of theres, they said that they will not book the car.. and hence i came back without booking.

• Ra
    Randeepjakhar Jul 12, 2016

I went to buy a Hyundai Santro GLS car at Hyundai showroom at Rohtak, Haryana on 17th Nov 2010. The Manager of the showroom called us in the evening for the delivery of the car which was finally ready at 8 pm, i requested him that i would take the delivery next day morning after proper checks as it was too dark.
    He started misbehaving and using foul language and finally snached the draft of Rs 3.7 Laks from me and forced me to take the delivery of the car, he also denied to give me the bill of LCD TV offered with the car.
    I called up the police and matter finally settled on 19th Nov when i had to approach SP Rohtak.
    I am attaching the police complaint here (written in Hindi Language) written by me aganist the showroom manager. The complaint itself tells the full story of the harassment of a customer at Hyundai Showroom.

Comments

• Rh
    Rhonda Demars Farland Oct 27, 2015

My leased car was a total loss. The pay off was given to me and the insurance company. After they found out how much the insurance was paying out they immediately added $2, 000 to the payoff. Totally shady and has to be illegal. That was my equity in the car!

mara46 Oct 19, 2015

.Mi carro ahora mismo esta en reposesion ahora le tengo que enviar pruebas del seguro de carro .Tengo que esperar 24 horas para aver si aprueban el reinstaiment .La deuda es de $1, 599 mas lo que me quieren cobrar los que se llevaron el carro.Cuanto mas tengo que esperar .Y si le pago y no me dan el carro.M.F... Lo declaro en bancarota o yes. Con tanto mal comentarios de esta hyundai.

• Il
    IleneB Aug 06, 2015

My father (deceased in Sept 2014) leased a Hyundai in August 2013- $241 month. Being he was 85 at the time and in failing health he rarely drove the car.. When he passed away my sister and I went to the dealership and advised them - they didn't know how to address the issue of a deceased customer so they got the lease division on the speaker phone. We were advised 'that for deceased customers' (their exact words) all we were responsible for is the remaining lease payments (241/mo x 22 months = $5, 302). They would pick up the car and auction it, and anything received above that would be considered 'a wash'. Fast forward to December 2014 - I received a statement from a collection agency that $5, 573.24 is due!! They did a calculation based on the residual value of the car - rather than the remaining lease payments. I said to the collection agency- why would I turn the car in, knowing that the final bill would potentially exceed the remaining lease payments? Hyundai is 'double dipping' by selling the car PLUS also billing the estate!!! The collection agency actually told me too much- that they hear this from the families of Hyundai lease customers 'all the time'. The rep tried to retract her wording but it was too late! This company needs be brought to court in a class action suit- telling the families one thing when they know the truth is the complete opposite.

• La
    Larisa Kudisheva Apr 24, 2015

They keep calling my sisters and mothers cell and home phone. The man on the other side said he called from attorney general. His work ID is 9591. That is as much as I know about the situation so far.