Complaints & Reviews

Hughes Network Systemslies about service

Was told from a outside contractor for dish Network when here fixing connection problem about Hughes net running a special for $19.99 a month, free installation, no charge for equipment, no contract. Thought it would be a good deal... Should of read all the complaints before we said we would try it. First month $80+ bill auto pay set up during installation, called and complained. Was told it was just a one month price and that was the regular price. Hard to understand anyone you talked to. Was told I signed a 2 year contract and would be $400 cancellation fee. The only thing I signed was the technician's computer saying that the installation was done and working. Have asked for a copy of my signed contract and they can't provide me with one. They say to go on their legal website and I can read what I signed, liers. They did say that they will lower my bill for 6 months but auto debit wrong amount again, had to cancel my card and after a few attempts was able to get an address to mail them a check.

Would love to join a class action lawsuits against them.

Hughes Network Systemsinternet service provider

The customer service (what an oxymoron that is in connection to this company) is either non-existent or so extremely rude when you try to ask them a question. I was only trying to update my auto-pay after MANY attempts through my account on-line, and found out that they had REMOVED my auto-bill (with, of course, no notes in the file) and you can't update an expiring card without paying your bill IMMEDIATELY, and they don't know what happened...not to the auto bill that has been on my account since the date of install nor the removal of the auto bill nor the rebate that we were supposed to receive for the install nor the $5.00 credit for the auto bill on a credit card...USELESS. I will NEVER recommend this service and the day my contract expires I am having it DISCONNECTED, unless I finally get fed up and pay the penalty to have it disconnected early. It is a travesty for these people to still be in business!

Hughesnetwireless internet

My husband and I called to cancel our service since the place we are moving to doesn't offer hughesnet connection. We were informed that even though they are not available where we are moving to, that if we canceled we'd have to pay a huge fee. So instead the customer service agent, who barely spoke English, said I could just suspend the account. I agreed and she assured me at least 5 times that it would be suspended on the 29th since that was our last day in the home. I made sure we would still have access until that day. And here we are on the 27th and our service shut off at 9 pm. I called customer support and they acknowledged it was their mistake but it wasn't fixable and of course at this time, there aren't any supervisors to help. Awful customer service. Definitely will NOT be recommending this company to anyone.

• Kc
          kcow Jul 03, 2018

Terrible company!!! Had a similar experience, buyer beware!!!

Hughes Network Systemsinternet

Your sales people need to listen to the customers needs. If they do a lot of streaming don't say not to worry, if you go over data usage, you will still have Internet a little slower.
        If someone mainly streams then they should be telling the client your service is not for them. Same for gamers. That client needs no limit data usage, you do not have.
        I was pulled in by your sales representative on 3/14 & just cancelled 4/26. I'm expected to pay cancellation fee of $400 which I let them know I refused to pay but they kept repeating I would be charged this amount.

Hughes Network Systemsinternet service plus ability to have netflix

I started with HughesNet in 11/2017, first they charged me twice in Nov 74.98 & 64.98. Finally resolved with credit to my account for $74.98. The service NEVER worked properly. Customer Service, and I use that term loosely, was very rude and tried to say it was something I was doing incorrectly. Numerous calls to Customer Service almost daily. Most times ‘we are aware of the problems and are working on it'. Finally the last time I spoke to them I got so frustrated I hung up. Then my account was charged $385 for cancellation which I never said!! Now they have charged my account $319.50 for the equipment!! I called HughesNet this morning and said for them to come and get it because I'm not doing it. Ive called my bank and blocked any further transactions from them. So $965.00 for NOTHING, never worked. They should be sued for fraud!!!

Hughes Network Systemssatellite internet

We had the new 25m system installed last thursday. Stopped working last friday. They said to fix it they would send a new modem. Tried to install last night. Will not find the system. Can not communicate with call centers who barely speak english. Refused to send a technician without additional charge. We only got 1 day service! Worse customer support ever. I am warning everyone to never concider this provider!!!

Hughes Network Systemscontract??

Hughesnet charges for data you haven't used, but you can't prove it. After 2 months of service (haha), their usage meter said I used 7.8GB of data in a 4 hour period. Since we hadn't watched any TV that day and we only used our IPads sparingly without any updates or downloads, I knew what I had suspected about Hughesnet to be true. They are a fraudulent company. I immediately disconnected router cable and power to their phone modem. The next morning, their usage meter had showed an additional 480mb of data had been used after I disconnected everything. I canceled my service and received a bill for $595 for early termination. Since they no longer have access to my credit card Account (blocked them), I will not pay a termination fee for a contract I never saw or signed. I also will contest any marks against my credit score by Hughesnet. My previous ISP was glad to get me back since I was a 30 year good customer.

Hughes Network Systemsservice sucks

I have had the service for a month and have been having problems since day 1 of installation..the service sucks!!! You should be paying people to have your service not have us pay you guys every month..almost every day I call and get stories left to right lie after lie..after 6 days of taking payment I now do not have internet because some how I used up what I have but I didn't use it up last month which I'm guessing to keep my business...it should be a law to stop stealing people money and lying that the service is great

Hughes Network Systemsone of many

I started service Nov. 28th, 2017. I called the sales dept. Previously for information prior to opening the accounts. I was told several things about the services provided, benefits, I could get a residential account, etc. When we opened the acct. I asked about moving the service, because the model home was almost ready and they were moving from the sales trailer to the model. They said they would have to charge $200-300 for each move, after I was informed that we were eligible for one free move. Then, I had to open a business account, even though I explained thoroughly on the first call with sales what I was needing. Try getting the correct answers. I called a couple times after that to get assistance with the rebate-which is on line at the rebates department not billing. It is also a third party to get rebates. I also tried to get all of the accounts together on one bill and that took a bit. I recently called, because the time finally came to move from the trailer to the model home (4/11-4/12/2018). On 4/11 I was told I needed to speak to someone in the Tech Dept. I was transferred, after being on hold for a while!, She was nice enough, but informed me that to relocate service is $595, even if it is only down a block!!! And I would have to speak to someone in billing to ask about that fee. I have asked for a supervisor for each dept., But did not get one. The person in each dept. Just kept talking asking questions as to why I needed to talk to them or they could help me. I called again 4/12/18-after being on hold for some time, I spoke with someone in billing asking why I couldn't use the rebate card on the account to pay part of the bill. He said I had to call the number on the card, they don't deal with the rebate cards. I called the number and it was all automated, but I did have $200 on the card, I checked the balance 2 times!! I called back and tried talking to someone with the tech dept. He told me that I had to talk to billing to setup/schedule the relocation service and then call the tech dept. Back to finish setting that up (???). So again I was transferred and on HOLD with billing and the gentleman I finally spoke to said that's not right, the tech dept. Was in charge of scheduling and starting that process. I asked while I was on the phone with him if he could take the payment with the card, he tried and it said funds not available!! I just checked the balance and confirmed twice it had $200 on it!
                  Let's talk about the rebate!! I was told we could use the rebate on the bill, I had to wait for 2 billing cycles to submit it and 8+ weeks to receive the card. I did what it asked. The single lot account did not go through, "it was missing a receipt" the main account with 6 separate accounts only paid for ONE and I did not know which one it paid. I tried using the account for each, but would not accept that!! I had to use the main account number and got paid for one!! I have sent an email 3 times this week, because now that rebate offer is no longer valid!!! So I requested a phone call!! No calls!! So the company is out $1200!!! In rebates.. No one seems to want to call me or answer the email!! I supposedly spoke to a supervisor, Harold, but he did not address himself the first time I spoke to him as such, but couldn't answer my question the first time I called???
                  If you have a residential service you can use the online chat tool. Business does not have that luxury!! You are on hold forever!! I have been in customer service and I am in warranty now.. So I know what is it like to deal with consumers, both good and bad.. I would not sell people on ideas that cannot become a reality. Be straight up!! Commission or not, I would rather have the truth and I guess I should have checked on the complaints board, before signing on!! But I was asked to get it done. There is more, but this is a good start.

Hughesnet — internet

My situation is like dozens of others. I never received anything but extremely poor internet service. I...

Hughesnetcustomer service

I've had nothing but issues with my account with HughesNet since I got it. Everytime I call I'm on hold with a foreigner for at least fifteen minutes and they don't even resolve my issue. I can't understand half of what they are saying cuz their accent is so thick. I've been robbed of money because of refunds I was promised and never got and overbilled on things I was told wouldn't be billed. I have so many reference numbers and Everytime I call I get someone new. I'm so tired of it I'm about to cancel..but don't have many options for where I live.

Frustrated customer.

Hughes Network Systemssatellite internet with the h7

Hello, We have been customers since 2012 and until recently we had our payment deducted automatically from the bank but since August if 2017 I have called, more times than I can count about our service. First off 2 summers ago I wanted to add wifi so I upgraded our service but was unable to use the service for almost 2 months of our Alaska Summer business because the upgrade required "registration" which I was unable to do and had to get a technician to help. Which presents a problem since there is NO PHONE service where I live. Our summer was in the red because of Internet. I paid full price for the past 2 years for a service that was NO different than the one I had previously. Couldn't set up wifi cause the data would all be used up immediately!! I tried to downgrade back to the cheaper, what we had previously and was told it would require REGISTRATION again.
                      I'm in Alaska and to get a technician where I live takes forever. I have a husband with a heart problem and NOT having phone service I couldn't do without Internet. Internet is my 911...my EMERGENCY service!! So I couldn't downgrade.
                      Then in August 2017 the Internet just started being used up and it was requiring me to use tokens to restore the data. $$ for those tokens!!! So I called from August until November with complaints. Understand to make a call I have to drive 30 miles!! Add that up!! Besides the fact it is a major headache to do so. Finally I was told I needed a Gen5 and they would put in a request for a technician. GREAT but none came. I kept calling, getting tokens (which I can't use once the data is completely gone) and that is the only time it will allow you to use them. Most time the page to use the tokens won't download!! USELESS.
                      Mind you I took the payment off of auto pay. I'm paying for something that is useless!! Really. I have called n called, paying full price or being cut off and not having access to Internet means NO 911 emergency services for me.
                      I want them to come put the Gen5 in but Now I have a balance (I have asked them to credit it and fix it so I won't be cut off) from access! I have been cut off, given a little credit and still don't have aresolution to the problem.
                      Is that any way to treat your customers? If I didn't have to have satellite internet I would NEBER have put up with all this aggravation for almost a year now!
                      It would be nice to get the Gen5, fix the account balance and restore useable service to our account.
                      Anything you could do to help resolve this matter would be greatly appreciated.
                      Thank you in advance for your prompt assistance. Please contact via email. No phone service of any kind at the place where service is!

Jerry Crider
                      22634 Seward Hwy.
                      Seward, AK 99664
                      DSS30095307
                      [protected]@yahoo.com

Hughes Network Systemsinternet and customer service

I ordered your service in December 2017. I canceled in January 2018. The Internet service was the worst I have ever had. All it ever did was buffer and we ordered the highest speed you had. I was told that the service was insufficient because of the walls in the house. The most asinine excuse I have ever heard. We also had 2 days of zero service (not even the buffering) Internet could not connect at all, after making a call to you I was told that they were performing maintenance and did not know how long it would take to bring it back up. I canceled the service and I was told because I had nothing but issues and never really received service that I would receive a zero balance on my account. Well that did not happen. Every month I am being billed for a service I no longer subscribe to, you show my account as still active with my next bill date of April 19, 2018. You are daily trying to charge my credit card 323 dollars for the service I do not have nor never received. I have made calls every single day for the last 2 weeks being promised that it would be resolved only to have you try to charge my credit card again the following day. Today alone I have had to make 8 phone calls as they kept disconnecting me. I have again been promised that this will be resolved. I have already contacted an attorney to assist me in this matter if I get no satisfaction. The stress alone I have gone through is enough to put me in the hospital as I am a 59 year old woman with multiple health issues including high blood pressure. If I get no resolution to this I will also go to the media with my story to prevent other people from being ripped off. I would be ashamed to be associated with this company. A desirable resolution would be to send me documentation with a zero balance, account closed and for them to stop trying to charge my credit card. I am no at this point asking for monetary compensation but if this continues I will look into punitive damages as this is now affecting my health

Hughesnetinternet

I have been with hughes net twice, once by stupidity I left hughes net after my contract was up, because they throttled my service down to a crawl and sometimes to a stand still. The second time I was lied too by frontier who I found out after I signed up for their satellite service that they were partners with hughes net, by then I was stuck for another two years. Being with frontier I was having the same problem, my service was being throttled down to a crawl and at one point a stand still. This service or lack of service is costing me over a hundred dollars a month, a service i'm not getting. Now I understand that hughes and frontier are no longer partners, and I can see why, screwing the people the way you do. I can't believe how you tell the people how face you internet service is, when it not, you lie to your customer and you should be held accountable for lying to the people.

Hughes Network Systemsservice and misrepresentation from sales

I was misrepresent by sales. My wife signed up back in September 25 2017
                            She ask what size is the Satellite dish they told her was the size of a large pizza pan, not true. Sales offer us a 30 day trial day, also not true. I tried to cancel early they told me if I cancel early I would have to pay $400.00 Charges said they don't have 30 day trial.. So they offered me a $20.00 discount for 1 year so I agreed. I have called multiple times complaining about slow Netflix and slow internet service. Then in January my Hughes network was down for 9 day waiting for a tech to change a setting on my modem it took Chad about a minute to change a setting on my Hughes modem, they should of walk me thru the procedure I don't understand why service rep left me with no support they could of easily walk me thru it! I have to work with your company in good faith. I am sorry I had to cancel my services with you yesterday March 25 2018. I asking for a discount on my early cancellation if possible? I think it's only fair to ask this question for my troubles of being mislead to my purchase of Hughes Network Internet
                            Services.

Sincerely Pat

Hughes Network Systemsbilling

I have called about the speed and the service of this system from the day it was installed. I have been lied to over and over again. Today was the final straw I have been calling and requesting service be canceled and for my card not to be charged.I was told I would receive boxes to return equipment but instead my account was billed for equipment and early cancellation after being told not to charge my account. What kind of a company is this will never do business with you again and will not refer anyone to be mistreated as I have been. Thanks for taking food and medication money

Hughes Network Systemsinternet

Had it installed and the service was horrible. After 3 days I called to cancel and they tried to charge me. They dropped the charge and sent a box and label to return the modem and power cord. Nothing was said about a radio transmitter. I returned it and 3 months later I get charged out of my account 213 dollars for a transmitter I knew nothing about! They will not refund my money!

Hughes Network Systemsinternet

I never signed a contract for internet service and I am being told I have to pay over 700.00 now I will not pay for slow internet and I won't pay for it at all whenever I never signed a contract they said that they couldn't send me a copy of the contract and said they have a signature so I want a copy of it and said they can't send me anything so I am not paying

Hughes Network Systems — customer service/billing/cancellation of service/theft

I am writing to inform you that your company took funds from my debit card without my permission. My daughter...

Plaquemine

Hughes Network Systemsinternet speed and data plan

Hughesnet advertises fast speeds with Gen5 - we have never been able to watch youtube videos unless they were at low resolution. We upgraded to the 50 GB plan because data disappeared halfway through the month without downloading files or watching movies. There are only two people in our house and one computer. We can't watch movies on demand through cable TV because it uses all our data just for one movie download.
                                    Hughesnet has deceptive advertising on TV and through their sales people - we have the highest data plan available and we cannot get the service HughesNet promises on the TV commercials.

• Ra
                                        Raymond Sabb Mar 22, 2018

Well what do you expect, they use satellites to downstream data from 26, 000 mile in a geostationary orbit. Of coarse you are going to get slower speeds :) The alien ships keep flying through them.