HP Customer Serviceextremely disappointed with hp customer service!

This review is not so much of the product, but more of Hewlett Packard's Customer Service department, with whom I am extremely disappointed with.

We bought an HP Pavilion dv9000t notebook through HP's website and received it in the mail six days ago. It worked fine for a couple of days, and now the notebook won't power up. We tried troubleshooting tips online, we tried chatting with an online technician, and we tried speaking with someone over the phone. All led to no results. We were so disgusted that our notebook which we'd had for three days was working improperly and we were getting nowhere, we gave up and decided to ask for a replacement.

We called HP support and went through the trouble shooting again, which didn't work. We asked for a replacement, and they had to transfer us to another department. Never mind, that transferring took 25 minutes, but they transferred us to the Rebate dept. We hung up, and called back, and again they said they were transferring to the Rebate dept. I guess outsourcing doesn't differentiate b/t REBATE & REPLACEMENT. We talked to about 9 different people and spent 2.5 hours on the phone. Each person trying to troubleshoot, and me cutting them off saying I was done with the troubleshooting. Anyways, I was so angry, by then I just wanted a full refund. HP offers full refunds within the first 21 days. I called back and asked to speak with the supervisor who authorizes refunds. I had to be assigned to a case manager (who by the way, wasn't in the office, of course). I would be contacted within 24-48 hours. Yeah, that hasn't happened yet. We're calling the credit card company to have them dispute the charge.

• Su
    Subin Dec 29, 2006

Can somebody give me customer care mail address

• Te
    Teal G. Mar 28, 2007

My office has been looking for a new color LaserJet to replace our old HP color LaserJet. After researching color LaserJet’s I was most interested in the HP LaserJet 4700dn and the Xerox LaserJet 6350. I decided to get samples of each printer in question to evaluate the two side by side. I used the HP online site to order printed samples and I called a Xerox representative for samples of the Xerox machine. I received the Xerox and HP samples on the same day. Xerox had sent me 2 sets of pictures, each picture had a standard, enhanced, and photo quality version of the same two full-page pictures on regular paper. HP on the other hand, sent me one, barely half-page picture on soft gloss presentation paper. While the Xerox pictures were easy to compare and gave an accurate depiction of what the Xerox machine could do the HP picture could not be accurately evaluated as it was only one picture and wasn’t even full sized.

I decided to contact HP and ask for some more samples. I used the on-line HP help service, which directed me to this phone number: 1-800-888-0292 option 4. When I spoke to the representative on the phone he informed me that they could not help and transferred me to sales, 1-800-888-5858. The salesperson informed me that they could not help, it was all via Internet, and if customer service (the first number I had called) was unable help e then he didn't know who could.

I am not sure why a couple of full-paged photos printed by the requested printer would be such an issue but apparently it was. As I told the salesperson, if he couldn’t make the effort to help me than he made my decision easy; I would simply choose Xerox. After all, if HP couldn’t even send me some decent printer samples how on earth would they help me with any serious issues?

• Ra
    rakesh pagare Sep 18, 2007

i bought compaq laptop v 6218tuon 30th july 2007.i applied for free gifts offer of webcam & headset on my product & send D.D. of Rs.300/-to hp redemption cell at 10th aug. yet i am waiting for the gifts to be delivered.

• Sp
    S.P.Gupta Oct 26, 2007

I have purchased one HP Pavllion DV2000 and then as per the instructions received in e-mail from hp, have duly submitted the Invoice of purchase along with BAR Code with cheque of Rs. 500/- to Mr.Abhijit, hp redemption cell, integrated solutions pvt ltd, Nehru place new Delhi but it has been more than 10 weeks and neither i have received any confirmation nor any correspondence from them...

I have submitted all the documents on 18th August 2007 but till now 26th October , there is no GIFT and no any correspondence from them. Its seems that they are making fool to all peoples.

• Je
    Jeanette Belanger Oct 31, 2007

I have called and talked to customer service department and talked to 4 people that I could barely understand in a matter of a week, which one hung up on me when I insisted to talk to a manager or supervisor. I have a HP under warranty with reciept that is dated November 25, 2006. They are telling me it is not under warranty and they will not send me recovery discs unless I pay for them. I brought my comp;uter to CompUsa to fix it and they changed the os board which was bad but they need the recovery discs to restart the machine. The D drive was deleted and can not recover itself.
    The customer service department wanted proof of my warranty which I faxed the reciept 3 times already and they have yet to find all my copies of my reciept that I have faxed to them and theykeep telling me to call back in a few days. I will never buy another HP and I encourage everyone I know not buy an HP product.

• Me
    Melanie Nammary Nov 19, 2007

HP have the most ### customer service I have EVER experienced.
    Be prepared to speak to 10 people ,with no clue, situated in India.
    The reason you have to speak to that many is because they constantly loose your connection, don't call back or they transfer you 2 -3 times. Every time you get back through again you have to speak to a new idiot who has no idea about what is going on.

This is the LAST time I will ever buy an HP desktop cause the customer service is a total nightmare.

• Ha
    Harts21 Apr 16, 2018

@Melanie Nammary Agreed! They cut off my scanner and now want $19 to upload the "UPDATE" so it will work again. Total scam!

• Si
    SINGH Jan 04, 2008

OK I BOUGHT A LAPTOP FROM FRYS AND IT WAS WORKING FINE FOR THREE MONTH AND AFTER THREE MONTH MY LAPTOP GIVING ME PROBLEM AND I TRY TO CALL HELP AND THEY SEND ME A BOX TO SIHP BACK TO REPIAR SO I DID,AND AFTER THREE WEEK LATER I REVICE MY LAPTOP AND THEY FOR GOT TO PUT MY BATTERY AND WIRE .WHEN I SEND MY LAPTOP I PUT MY WIRE AND BATTRY BEACUSE THEY TOLD ME TO DO THAT, AND THEN I CALL I SAID I DIDNT GET MY BATTERY AND WIRE SO THEY TOLD ME OK WE'LL SENT YOU NEW ONE SO I SAID OK ..AFTER WEEK I GOT MY STUFF AND IT WAS WRONG ONE.AND THEN I CALL THEY SAID OK WE'LL SENT YOU THE NEW ONE.BUT WIRE CODE WAS FINE SO TRY TO CONNECT WITH WIRE CODE, WHAT I SEE PROBLEM WAS STILL THERE AND I CALL I TOLD THEM THE PROBLEM STILL THERE AND THEY SAID OK WE'LL SEND YOU NEW SHIPPMENT BOX SO YOU CAN SENT US THE NOTBOOK SO AFTER 1 WEEK LATER I GOT THE BOX I SENT THEM BACK MY LAPTOP AND I PUT A NOTE MAKE SURE THIS TIME YOU GUYS SENT ME MY BATTERY AND WIRE.. AND THEN I CALL TOO,ON TOP OF THAT AND THEY SAID YA WE PUTTED NOTE ON YOUR SCREEN WHO EVER FIXING YOUR LAPTOP THEY WILL READ THE NOT I SAID OK..AFTER THREE WEEK LATER I GOT MY NOTEBOOK AND THEY AGAIN FORGOT TO PUT MY BATTERY AND WIRE . SO CALL THEM THEY SAID OK WE'LL TRANFER YOUR CALL TO HIGH LEVEL THEY WILL HELP YOU WELL.AND SOME ONE WILL GIVE YOU CALL IN 24 TO 48 HOUR AND I NEVER GOT ANY CALL FROM THEM.AND I CALL THEM AFTER THEY DIDNT CALL ME, SO THEN I WAS TALKING TO THIS GUY NAME ZACK AND HE WAS ### [email protected]@ I TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPEN HE SAID OK ILL HELP YOU. THEN HE GAVE ME THAT CASE NUMBER AND OTHER NUMBERS.AND I HANG UP THE PHONE AND I WENT TO BEST BUY AND BUY A NEW WIRE TO SEE IF MY LAPTOP WORKING OR NOT PROPLEY GUESS WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS THERE I THEY DIDNT FIX THE PROBLEM AND I CALL ZACK TO TELL HIM YOU GUYS DIDNT FIX MY LAPTOP AND SAID OK I'LL SEND YOU THE ANOTHER BOX SO WELL TAKE A LOOK WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT . BUT I SAID I DNT WANT TO SENTED BACK TO YOU GUYS BEACUSE YOU GUYS CANT FIX MY LAPTOP.AND I TOLD HIM I NEED A REPLACEMENT CUZ THEY CANT FIX MY LAPTOP SO I DNT TRUST YOU GUYS,,AND HE SAID YOUR LAPTOP ONLY CAME HERE ONCE TO GET FIX .AND THAT THING SHOCKED ME WHEN SAID THAT.AND I WAS TELLING HIM MAN I SENT MY LAPTOP TWICE AND HE SAID I DNT SEE ANY THING IN SCREEN. SO AFTER TWO TIME REPAIR I CANT REPLACEMENT YOUR LAPTOP.AND I DNT HAVE ANY RECORD CUZ IT'S BEEN TWO MONTH.AND HE SAID IF YOU FIND ME THAT PEROF THEN ILL CHANGE YOUR LAPTOP. AND IT TOOK ME ABOUT WEEK TO FIND ME THING AND PAPER WORK WHAT EVER HE NEED I GAVE TO HIM . THEN FINALY HE FOUND MY RECORD SOON AS HE FIND MY RECORD HE CHANGE HIS STATMENT HE SAID AFTER TIRTH REPAIR .WE'LL REPLACEMENT YOUR LAPTOP.SO HE WAS LIEING TO ME ALL THE TIME..SO IM SO MAD I REALY DONT KNW WHAT TO DO. AND HE NVER CALL ME BACK AFTER THAT SO SEE IF IM STILL ALIVE OR DIE I'M CALLING HIM EVERYDAY, AND HE'S TELLING THERE PEOPLE TELL HIM OR ME HE IS NOT THERE ...ALL I CAN SAY HP SUCK SUCK

• Vs
    V. Swan Jan 05, 2008

I had the same horrible experience with HP's customer service/ tech support. I was on the phone for 2 hours just trying to get to the right tech support department. They kept transferring me to the wrong one, even though I told them the right one I needed. Each time the person would put me on hold for several minutes, then assure me they were transferring me to the right person. I talked to 8 people, many of whom spoke with a very heavy accent so it was hard to communicate. I will never by an HP product again.

• Ju
    Julie Rud-Nimmo Feb 16, 2017

@V. Swan Same thing just happened to me. Then they have the nerve to tell me that I have to PAY for technical support !!! Well, they can shove their HP you know where, they are not getting another dime from me, after only 2 months, this $900 laptop shouldn't cost me another penny~~~Plus I just wasted three hours of my life on the phone with them, that I will never get back~~Total BS on HP

• Le
    lee hopper Apr 02, 2008

I was just online with what was supposed to be Hp totalcare . what a joke that is. Totally careles is what i would call them. I told the guy that i was having a problem with my sound recorder and he tried to tell me that my speakers not being powered was the reason i couldn't record anything. How crazy is that.

Then after almost thirty minutes, I finally convinced him I wasn't stupid enough to believe that, I build computers, for charities sake. He told me that I had an obsolete sound card in my pc and would i consider using the one the factory installed or a new one. This pc has never been upgraded. When I informed him of this fact. He teminated our conversation. Hp you are without a doubt the biggest joke the computer companies have ever played.

• Si
    Sierra Montgomery Apr 09, 2008

I will never, ever buy an HP product again. I repair PC's & I train others to use them as well as consult. I consult several businesses & I will not be recommending their products to them.

I am currently so upset & Have just spent 6 consecutive hrs out of my day to straighten out two repair orders they messed up & no matter how many times I they tell me they fixed it & " it's on the way "..it isn't. I have spoken with countless individuals at various levels about this matter. I have several ticket numbers and they keep creating new orders for me as well. I have lost touch with how many people I have spoken with. This is a situation where I wish I could obtain a tape recording of the entire situation & play it for them & you.

I have managed businesses in the past & also worked in the Customer service field for a long time. I understand mistakes happen. However, This is beyond crazy. Out of countless reps they all had a different story & each one had a different error which was said to be corrected & then, later it was discovered it was not. Basic stuff like phone & Zip codes, etc., etc.

It has been 3 weeks & I do not have my order. I have a confirmation of an order being sent to the wrong address. Which is a replacement order because they did the same thing last time !!! I have two orders. So, I have to go through the whole process twice each time I speak with them. It is amazing. Maybe later I will get back on here & Explain the step by step situation . In addition, Last time I placed an order I used my warranty care package which they claimed they had no record of. I faxed them proofs to various numbers provided. They kept telling me they weren't receiving them though I had proof it went through. I also had to talk to various individuals and spent countless hours throughout the coarse of one month.

I can go on & on & on illustrating the negatives with HP's customer service. However, They have already consumed so much of my time that financially the investment in their product & promised services has lost me money - in addition, I would prefer to spend my time elsewhere.

If you are reading this & You are considering an HP. Do not go there, This is not a rare situation.

Good Luck.

• La
    Larry G Jul 11, 2008

Hp laptops are only good for about a year. It seems right after the warrany the laptop stops working. Goodbye HP...never again!!!

• Br
    Brendan Jul 17, 2008

I'm currently waiting on hold. It is ridiculous how many people on how many continents I've spoken with.

And yes, agreed with Larry G: My laptop died a convenient month after the warranty ended.

Pathetic.
    B

• Ro
    Roshan12345 Aug 13, 2008

Hewlett Packard really sucks.. I have 2 new laptops that crashed BEFORE warranty. I even now have escalation with them with case manager Ruffell 7500549057 after putting in series of service ticket calls.

Over 10 hours of my time already wasted on phone and still no help has been made available.

HP sucks! - We should all find a way to go on the web and blast HP and educate others never to buy HP products.

sarah Sep 02, 2008

Just spent 4.5 continuous hours on the phone, talked with 8 different accents, each one placing me on hold for 10 minutes at a time, hoping I would give up. The last two males "with indian accents" became beligerant. One name was Omish Aki, a technician. When I asked to speak with their supervisor, they placed me on hold for 15 minutes, then seeing I was actually holding and would not give up, proceeded to tell me the supervisor did not wish to talk to me, then placed me on hold again...that is their solution.

They could not find my extended warranty for a notebook pc and actually accused me of lying about an extended warranty.

Two times I had sent in my laptop to have a dvd repaired. Both times the DVD had been down graded. This was not acceptable and hence, the phone calls.

The last time I called, they transferred me to an American voice, who actually found the extended warranty and registered it for me on line, then immediately sent me the upgraded DVD the computer originally had.

How do I launch a complaint to HP? I have searched their website and cannot find a place.

• Ar
    arcticmyst Sep 20, 2008

My husband bought me a CQ50Z notebook as a gift, I had it for ONE week when it went kablooey. When I contacted HP & finally got put through to Tech Support the guy said he had never heard a computer make that sound. They sent me a box to ship it back for repair & ever since then it's been a headache. This started on Aug 26 my first phone call, they received my laptop on Aug 29 and the date for delivery back to me was Sept 9. I started making phone calls to customer service 2 days before the due date, no one in customer service could tell me anything about what was happening, all they would say was that it would be to me on the 9th & that the web page didn't get updated often. On the 10th (the day after it was supposed to be back to me) & after an hour & a half on the phone with customer service (being hung up on, transferred 6 times, told I was just a CUSTOMER & managers did not talk to just customers) I finally got what they call a case manager!!! While he was checking into everything which of course took 2 days it was Fri the 12th & the hurricane was going to hit Houston (where my laptop was) & everyone was being evacuated so I would have to wait till Mon the 15th to learn anything. Mon comes & the case manager (CM) said to give it one more day because they were not back yet because of the storm. Tues he said that they still knew nothing & offered me a replacement upgraded laptop. Told me to call him Wed with my answer. Called Wed the 17 & oh geee even though I wanted the upgraded laptop they ran out & couldn't do it anymore ... so sorry. But!! they couold build me the upgraded laptop but it would be 3 weeks. AGAIN call me Thurs & let him know. Called Thurs the 18th & said build me the upgrade ... OH NO never said that ... said they would build me the same laptop that I had sent them. Told him I was tired of being jacked around & give me a refund ( I now have this conversation taped!!!) Said he would check into that & it would take 5 weeks for my refund. But does it end there ... Heavens NO ... Got a call from my CM later Thurs night with ... are you ready for this ... " Just had word from the powers that be No Refunds & No Replacements until Houston is back up & running & they know whats going on!!!
    I will NEVER but anything from HP again & will tell everyone I know what my experience has been like.

• Br
    Brenda Panetta Sep 29, 2008

I just got off a 3 hour phone call w/HP Cust. Serv. Guess where. . .India. I received a defective inkjet cartridge and wanted a replacement. I purchased the stupid thing on line directly through HP. The cust. rep. told me to go to a store and buy a new one (after giving her my s/n of the unit, and waiting for her to get me the correct information which took 1 1/2 hr.) I asked for a supervisor, she told me none were available at the moment and someone would call me within 48 hours. My head almost blew off. I screamed at her to get a supervisor even if she had to yank one off the toilet! I finally got one (after 45 minutes of screaming at her - poor thing). They then stated to me that they would ship me out a replacement that would take 3 -5 days! I said I wanted it overnighted to me. They finally agreed to overnight. I will find out if they have kept thier word tomorrow if fed ex or ups shows up at my house. Isn't there any cust. serv. reps in the USA any

• Ab
    Abdulmalik ahmed hussain Nov 17, 2008

please, I am a Computer Engineer from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Kaduna State, Nigeria. my complain is that, most of the present Hp laptops products are not compact able with windows xp or any other windows, Except windows vista. which it normally come with as a default windows.
    please, it has becomes a big problem to us since we can not install any other windows operating system.
    I hereby personally request for an easy and possible solution to this problem, so as to enable us to make use of other windows operating system.

• Ly
    lynne ashley Nov 30, 2008

i spent 3 hours this week, trying to get a damn boc shipped for their faulty display screen breaking on a dv9000, they were supposed to send me out a repair box last wed, guess what never came! called this morning, guess what? never got shipped and systems are down, call back in 2 days, these indian people dont give a ###, and i will never buy and hp again! where the hell can we complain to?

• Mj
    MJM Jan 28, 2009

OMG... i wish I had found this sight BEFORE i purchased my daughters laptop! Her notebook DV6910US crashed less than 4 months after purchase... i just got off the phone with customer service who have had the computer for 3 weeks now... I spoke to FOUR different indian people who were rude and could not even communicate with me let alone help me or give me any information!!! There is nowhere on HP's site to enter a complaint and no help to be found because they do not even understand me enough to help me... nor do the want to! I fork out $800 hard earned dollars so my daughter can have the luxury of a laptop at college... and this is how I am treated!!! What a sad day... what a sad company... I am truly saddened by the pathetic level customer service has dropped to in this country... ( or in HP's case.. in India)... I am disgusted and saddened. I will have to pay to take it somewhere and have it fixed just so I can salvage what's left of my sanity!! Ridiculous!!!

• Al
    Ali Feb 09, 2009

Frusted with DELL end buying 1 HP Desktop and 2 HP Laptop - I guess I engaged myself from worse customer service to WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I disagree with Jax that HOW come the product is goo if it breaks in few days of purchase? DVD in my desktop stopped responding in less than 2 months. I found out in other blogs that - this is a known issue with HP Lightscribe DVDs. Then everything is identical with all of yours. Tried troubleshooting, called Tech Support - they did the same for over 2 hours (which I did in 30 minutes), ordered the parts, did not get the parts. Now the hassle begins - Call for information/status, but end up being transferred from one person to another - and repeat everything over again - price to pay for "cheap price".

I was lucky at my 9th or 10th call to HP that the call did not go to India - instead it went to Canada. Replacement parts was reordered while I was with just 1 agent. I am waiting for the part. BUT, I have decided - I had enough with HP - no more!!!

• Ak
    aks Feb 19, 2009

I hope they listen to what their customer service people Say to people... RIDICULOUS

I just had a horrible experience with a customer service rep with HP for printer sales.

I Called up HP phone number 1-800474****

The sales on the phome named - AMIT

When I told him I want to get a printer since my previous HP printer has broken, he was being nice to and wanted to know about my native town etc, Which was not even needed for buying a printer :))

Any way once he gave me my options nicely, I told him that I will get back to them with what I want to buy, he started pushing me to make the decision right away. Again I told him that I will call back again, he started ridiculing me for not making the deicsion and started making horrible comments> i was really taken aback by this. Then the guy goes " how many years will it take you to make the decision ?" I said I will call back, then again he started making loose comments, I was shocked and had to put the phone down.

I sent complaint to HP online and I hope they do Something about it. But I AM NEVER BUYing from HP AGAIN. Their Service SUCKS...

• Th
    thangxii Mar 11, 2009

I don't know how HP win the Customer Service award.

I sent in my laptop to get fix, they return it back in a week, and said every was taken care of. The laptop is very slow, and have to wait 1-2 second after very click. I contacted HP, and they told me tons of things to try, on my laptop, after a week of trying, they finally told me so ship in the 2nd time, and tell me to get everything fixed soon because I expressed my need for the laptop. Every time I checked with them, the support team basically tell me to shut up and wait. On the delivery date, I checked with them again and they told me the laptop is with Fedex, not with them anymore. But right when I asked them for the tracking number, they told me it will be delivery soon. I first time I sent it in since 2/14, and still haven't got thing fixed until today 3/11. All I get is "soon"

So if you guys happened to buy an HP. Good luck.

• Na
    navin Apr 02, 2009

Have been sitting on hold for over 25 minutes still waiting to speak with a supervisor...this after 3 monkeys who supposedly took down all my information were forwarding me to the right department. Needless to say that I will not be purchasing another HP product ever and can't wait to get out my hammer and beat the ### out of this only 2mth old printer...it will be worth every penny for the assinine people have had to deal with and the crappy products this company sells.

• Di
    disgusted Apr 14, 2009

Purchased an HP Pavilion in Sep 08 from Office Depot. It failed right out of the box however HP repaired it within a week. At that point, I was honestly impressed with their efficiency. Last week the NIC failed and when I called HP for assistance, I was told that the computer it is out of warranty. It appears that with HP, a 12 month warranty is only good for 6 months! Regardless, I've complied with their instructions and faxed (they won't accept email or scans) them copies of my original purchase receipt along with other information they required 3 times over the course of the past 5 days. They have yet to correct their record which currently says I made the purchase in Feb 08 and frankly, I doubt if they will. Total incompetance! Add me to the list of those who will never buy HP again!

• Fr
    frank21 Apr 28, 2009

hewlett packard. what customer service? if any body out there can tell me where it is hiding please let me know. first and last purchase from them. frank21

johncdoe May 16, 2009

What ever you do, do NOT buy a HP product. Even their recalls fail to replace their faulty products. My battery was recalled and they asked me to validate it on their automated website. Well the website says it's no part of the recall but if it is believed to be an error, contact HP support. Lol good luck!!! HP support is comprised of repetitive Indians who just push their pre-made messages and answers on you. So far I've been at this for a week and I keep getting "Use our automated site" and "You need to purchase a new battery". It's unbelievable how terrible this company is ran. DO NOT SUPPORT THEM IN ANY WAY.

• i agree that this is happening and it has happened to me also.

let us all purchase non-hp printers, i am sure they are eager to treat us better and will be more grateful for our money than hp is

for me the rude and incompetent person that attended to me for my hp complaint was called Deepika Yadav

i hope hp provides you with better training and teaches you to respect teh customer who buys your company's product so you can have money to take home.

if you cant change i assure you that complaints about are rising and eventually you will get what you deserve

i hate hp because of you ; you should be ashamed of what you pass off as customer care

i am asking hp to apologize to me for employing someone as rude and dumb as this person and wasting 5 hours of my life

• Hp
    HP issed Jul 17, 2009

Incompetent is a perfect word for HP customer services/supports. I called in trying to get issues I had with my brand new professional series dv7t laptop worked out with HP. I ended up speaking with an Indian India cust. service agent and I had a hard time understanding what in the hell he was trying to ask/tell/say to me, and I kept asking "uhh...what"... And here comes the worse, after telling him all the problems (like 4 issues), he "uh huh..ok..." or awhile and then he asked me, "uh sir, what is your 1st problem again", I patiently repeated my 1st issue. Then he went, "oh. uh. sir, and what is your 2nd issue, again"...then same thing with the 3rd and 4th. And let me tell you this, I was upset and asked him with very intense attitude, "explain to me why is it that I have to repeat myself on every issue I just told you? aren't you supposed to write up a report for this?", and the battle when on and on for an hr. I was so pissed and asked for his supervisor. The supervisor is somewhat better, but still full of Eastern accent. Problems weren't totally resolved. Will continue tomorrow...gez...what a daymare...

• This is my experience: We bought an HP Mini PC in Melbourne Australia in August 2009 to take on an overseas holiday to Europe for 5 weeks. Before we even got off the plane, the screen had failed. We called HP and were told the machine was DOA and they would replace it. Slight issue, they required us to return it to the place of purchase in Australia to get a replacement! No amount of attempting to reason with them would sway them; if we wanted a replacement machine for our European vacation, we were going to have to fly home to get it! We reluctantly opted for repair in the UK. We reported the fault on a Friday, the Monday was a holiday but they still didn't arrange anyone to fix the machine until the Thursday (when we complained that this was well outside the 48 hour promised warranty repair guarantee, they said that this is subject to technician and parts availability - that is, it is whenever they feel like it.) No technician turned up on Thursday. When we called them at the end of the day, they flat lied and said they had called us but we didn't answer. Then they made up some other excuses which were also completely untrue and then said it would not be possible to get a technician to repair the machine before the next Monday. We had only told them 1, 000 times that we were only in London from Tuesday until Friday so the following Monday was a bit of a problem and we had several times offered to take the machine to HP for repair, but they refused. After more screaming at them, we got a technician on the Friday morning who was really good and not an HP employee, but we effectively lost all of Friday morning to HP as well. Unfortunately, HP was too mean to replace the system board which they admitted from the outset was very likely to be the cause of the screen failure. Within about 48 hours of the screen being replaced, it too was fried by the dud system board. We must have spent hours on hold and on international and premium rate calls, no one would help us, no one apologised, they kept trying to make out it was our own fault that we couldn't get the repair done and it was obvious from the outset that because we said we were only in the UK for a week, that they were just trying to muck us about until we had to fly to Berlin and we would have to start all over again with HP Germany. We will be returning the machine in Australia for a refund and will never buy an HP product again. This is the most appalling customer 'service' I have ever encountered.

• Ge
    GeoKK Oct 17, 2009

I had the worst experience with HP customer service of my life. Even after being assigned to a "top" manager in the U.S. the situation got even worse. There policy is obviously get the customer to buy their product and then "screw them". After sending my 3 month old laptop to the repair center I received it back looking like it had been dropped on asphalt and was told by this "manager" that that should "be expected"!!?? But, he would go ahead and have it repaired and waive the $300 service charge, like he's doing me this big favor. I never received and apology for the poor customer service I received through whold process and he was the worst manager I have ever spoken to, just wanting to quote their crappy policies. I will never purchase another HP product and I hope no one else does because that is the only way they are going to change their customer service...

• Mi
    mikeraj Oct 23, 2009

HP does not gave good customer service they never care about their customer, , , , even if the customer rep call you a ### you will not have any option to make a complaint...

• Sp
    Spiseman Nov 04, 2009

HP SUCKS *** HP SUCKS *** HP SUCKS

I bought 2 HP Pavilion Laptops and one of them was giving software (OS) problem from the beginning. I sent the laptop to HP to re-image. Even after re-imaging the laptop (OS) didn't work after a while. Looks like they put corrupted OS again. I had a original HP recovery DVD that I bought from HP which did not the do the job either. Every time I try to recover and restart it goes to recover mode again. When I called the HP Support they said it is Motherboard issue and they asked me to pay $400.00 to fix the issue. I performed hardware tests many times and all the tests passed. To double confirm my tests I approached a local computer store they also did hardware test and everything passed. They said it is the problem with the HP original recovery CD and all I need to do is re-image the system.

When I called the HP support to send the OS CD they said they cannot send the original OS CD because it is not their policy to send the OS CD. I asked the customer support rep and supervisor that when I bought this laptop I also bought license for the OS so why he cannot send the OS CD again. He said he cannot send the original OS CD but I can only buy the OS recovery CD again from them. When I said I already own a recovery CD from HP and it is not working then he said I need to send the laptop to HP and I need to pay more than $100 bucks to re-image the laptop. From this I understood that HP rips of their customers big time.

I also own couple of Dell laptops. Dell send all the necessary CDs (OS, Drivers, etc) along with purchase of system. Also their customer support is very good unlike HP.

I am a software 10 years and did hardware job for 5 years. I contacted HP multiple times in last three days to fix this issue. All HP tried to do is rip my wallet for a simple OS problem. Imagine a person who buys a HP computer without computer knowledge??

Beware of HP and their sucking support!!!

HP SUCKS *** HP SUCKS *** HP SUCKS

• Sj
    Sjtlliii,jhdlf Feb 09, 2010

I also was on the phone from 11:am until 3pm on Tuesday febuary 9th 2010. Of course when I asked them for the complaint department and they did not know the phone number. I was as patient as possible and then I finally went to the yellow pages and typed hewlett-packard in my state and I finally got the number. So if anyone else is having the same problems with thier customer service here is thier phone number 330-644-2270, I suggest if everyone that sees this comment does it then perhaps they might actually listen... if I ran my business like that I wouldn't have a business. Thank You for your time

• Ha
    HATEHP Feb 17, 2010

I am extremely upset at the amount of time that it takes for any HP representative to answer a very simple question. I have been on the phone with someone for over half an hour just to find out how much a recovery disk will cost me. The man I was on the phone with had a very strong accent, it was extremely difficult for me to understand him. After a long phone call he finally told me that the representatives who needed to assist me were all busy and I would get a phone call back, unfortunately I missed the phone call (over an hour of wait) so I called back, when I called they asked me the same questions that had originally been asked. I provided a ticket number to "expedite" the call, but that did NOT work. After being on the phone for about 10 minutes with Ali, he asked if he could put me on hold for 3-4 minutes, in no way is that a reasonable amount of time to be on hold. I said I didn't have time to wait that long since I have other duties and he went ahead and put me on hold anyway. After about 4 minutes of holding I finally hung up, with an unresolved issue.

• Hp
    hpisterrible May 28, 2010

I bought an HP Mini in Sept / 09 -- 3 weeks later, the AC adapter socket stops working causing the connection to be intermittent. I speak with HP Customer Service in India for 3 hours to have it sent in to HP Service. I write a letter explaining the cold socket issue on the motherboard and explain how they need to fix it. I spend $30 to have it sent in by UPS with insurance -- 2 weeks later it returns exactly the same. Checking the case, it's obvious that HP service didn't open up the computer.

It takes 8 months to get the case escalated to a case manager. Now after a month, it's still at the service depot and the service manager calls to say they will charge me $337.50 as they cannot take out the screws. She cannot talk to the case manager as she will be "fired". The poor case manager is trying to help, but nothing is happening.

Terrible HP service.

• So
    sopissrightnow Jun 02, 2010

Hp Customer service sucks.. if you ask me to rate there customer service between 1-10 i am giving them 1001! in bold numbers. Their customer service sucks real bad. I bought a Hp laptop less than 2years ago just to have a backup computer for my toshiba, I didn't even use the hp for 6month the computer started developing one problem and the other, 1st was the wireless card, i sent it in, another issue came up with one of the hardwares and finally the hard disc. Which they told me I have to pay close to 500 dollars to fix, I went ahead and fix it my self with less than 100bucks and later the wireless card broke again after they told me it won't happen again. When I called them, they told me there's a problem with my motherboard, that there's has been an issue/recal on my computer model concerning the motherboard that needs to be fix but I will have to pay 299 dollars for it to be fix...[censor]!!! I still have my Toshiba working fine after 3years, never have to call them for any hardware issue. If HP ever see me buy another HP computer...

sanaullakhan Jun 19, 2010

i have hp laptop. i hade a problem with my screen and it covers the warenty. i gave it to hp service center in somajiguda, hyderabad, ap, india in maha electronics they took almost 2 week and they spoid my bace light key bord. how can they do is they r having qalifid engeniers or what i am not at all happy with this hp service this is all [censor]
    so plz be care full if u give it to service

• Up
    upset business man Aug 04, 2010

I called in for the status order of a box to ship back the brand new computer our company just bought. The box was supposed to be shipped in two business days. After a week the box was still not shipped. To make a long story short I was transfered 8 times and was on the phone for over a hour and a half. Just to get them to ship a new box! The computer should have been replaced because it was under thirty day but the said we would have to call a different number to get the computer replaced.

ANTI_HP Aug 13, 2010

Hello All,

I had what I thought was a simple printer problem but boy was I wrong! I purchased a wireless photosmart printer and

some type of way it was kicked off my server. The first thing I do is try and correct the problem...ok that didn't work so then I

tried to uninstall ALL software then reinstall. Right? Well, once that did not work I figured I might need a little extra help.

HAHA First off I consider myself pretty techno savvy and I DO NOT appreciate someone talking to me as if I DO NOT

UNDERSTAND ENGLISH AND I CAN NOT FIND THE ENTER BUTTON ON A KEYBOARD!!! Ughhh I just spent 6 HOURS ON

THE PHONE and my issue was not resolved. I spent 4 hours repeating steps that had already been done with one person whom

at times was hard to understand. I don't know about you but 1+1=2 every single time for me! Not to mention in the 5th hour,

BOB (wow, guess he couldn't do any better than that) the floor suppervisor was quick to say that it was my computer which of

course he had to ask which brand. To his dismay, I quickly replied "HP"!! Next course of action, I have a virus on my

computer! For me that is like saying I have a disease, I just do not take that lightly. I love my computer and take very good

care to protect it! I WILL BE STARTING FAN PAGE ON FACEBOOK FOR THIS! Send a message if you would like to join! We

mite just save a lot of people time, money and sanity! It's just not fair, these products are investmesnts to a lot of people and

there aren't any compensations for all your troubles! WHY HP, are there that many problems that you wouldn't be able to

afford it? NEVER AGAIN!!!

Signed

VERY HEATED

• Pa
    Patricia Lewis Sep 05, 2010

I had a very bad experience with your representative Mr. Farouk, ;I got him through phone number 800-474-6836.I called him at 7:40 the call ended at 9:10. I purchased an Officejet HP 6000 Wireless Printer on 9-1-10, the printer was delivered 9-5-10. I opened the box to find that the wire on the supply pack had been was broken in three pieces, I called HP asked a new power supply and explained the power supply wouldn’t connect to the adapter as the wire was broken, I was told I had to be registered first. After registering me and questioning me as to where I purchased the printer, I explained I bought the printer from HPShopping.com, Mr. Farouk said my printer was out-of-warranty, [the serial no. Is MY99P2J2DZ]-I just bought the printer less than a week ago and the warranty can’t have expired. All the information was under my email address [email protected], but he couldn’t get the information, he then told me to fax the receipt to his office. I told him I am a senior, in a wheelchair and had no printer to fax him a hardcopy. The insensitive jerk told me to walk-I went ballistic, asked for a Supervisor and what is his name-he refused to tell? He told me he was a Supervisor and I didn’t need to know where he was or his name. I suggest HP reeducate this man in customer service and courtesy, focusing on communication with disabled customers. Will someone please check on the printer warranty and if it is expired-tell how to remedy this. Also will you please just send me a replacement power supply for the Office jet HP 6000 Wireless Printer. Enclosed is a copy of my receipt.
    »Laptops »Desktops »Printers »Ink & Toner »Accessories »Handhelds »Outlet » See All

ORDER RECEIVED

» My order status | » My account | » Customer service

Thank you Patricia Lewis. Your order number is H113648442. Your chosen delivery method is Standard 5-7 Business Days and we will send you tracking information once your order ships.

ORDER INFORMATION