Menu

reviews & complaints

HotelValues Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
256 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with HotelValues at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for HotelValues has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of HotelValues. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

HotelValues complaints 256

Sort by:

Newest HotelValues reviews & complaints

B
6:43 am EDT

HotelValues Misleading Marketing - $135 turn into $215+

You are unethical! On Sept 25, 2023, at 3 pm ...You charged me more than $135 which we agreed on from your advertisement. You billed me $215.46 listing extra fees without revealing these charges before I checked out. These extra fees were never shown until you sent the bill and said I could not get a refund. This is Scam because this is not what you advertised "$135 today only"

Confirmation # R4477136341

Desired outcome: Bill me $135 what we agreed on at the purchase

J
6:44 pm EDT

HotelValues Hotelvalues.com

I was told by a rep they could not modify my booking from 4 nights to 2 nights, then she said she had to call the hotel to ask for the change. She said the hotel told her I had to call to modify. I called the hotel and they first verified that no one from this booking service actually called the hotel at all, and that the booking service has to modify the reservation. I called back and references the case number I was given but the second rep said she couldn’t modify the reservation. I asked for a supervisor and she got angry. And not I have been on hold for 30 minutes waiting for a supervisor to even pick up. Never ever use this service. If I had known they have a 0% complaint resolution history I never would have. Awful customer service.

Desired outcome: A change of my plans reservation to two of the middle nights instead of all four nights.

D
1:11 pm EDT

HotelValues Cancellation Policy

I thought I was booking directly through hotel and didn't realize I was taken to a third party (Hotel Value.com). There is no cancellation or reservation modification policy. I booked two rooms and the entire cost was taken out of my bank within 24hrs. I needed to cancel just one of the rooms and I was told if I cancel one room the entire reservation is cancelled. Plus, I forfeit the entire costs ($3,000+) when I cancel. Obviously I will never book through this site again and will blast them anywhere I can. This policy is not reasonable or transparent.

Desired outcome: I just wanted a refund for one of two rooms and was cancelling 2 months in advance of the reservation.

C
6:17 am EDT

HotelValues Unauthorised payment.

Booked 2 double rooms in Feltham London for 2 nights. I understood that I was booking on the official Travel Lodge website as it was the 1st one on the web page. However when I arrived at the Travel Lodge for my stay I asked why I was charged €116.03 per room taxes & recovery I was told that I booked through a 3rd party which I was not aware of.

The hotel informed me to get in touch with you to get my money refunded back into my account as there is no such charge. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards Claire.

Desired outcome: Please refund my money.

T
8:54 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HotelValues Fees for reservation and cancellation

On the 10th of september, I booked a room for three nights in november in Colmar Hôtel Turenne.

I discovered the fees of 140 euros + the room and asked cancellation within 5 minutes after agreeing for the reservation.

I was wrong as I agreed for the fees but afterwards 283 euros for cancellation is too much and unbelievable that's why I didn't believe the messages telling me the price.

Even with my agreement this asked paiement is unreal !

Can I do something ?

D
5:55 pm EDT

HotelValues Hotel Reservations for Hampton Inn Ukiah

I have a ARCH meeting that I needed to attend at the Hampton Inn in Ukiah on September 13th and decided to book a room on the 12th to spend the night there. I went to the Hampton Inn site and attempted to make a reservation, and it linked from that website to HotelValues.com.

The meeting on September 13th was cancelled, to to COVID concerns, and when I attempted to cancel my hotel, I am told it was non-refundable - even I attempt to cancel 6 days before arrival.

This non-refundable hotel reservation is not fair because I had no control over the ARCH meeting cancelling their meeting at this hotel. I would stay at this hotel if the meeting was not cancelled.

Please advise...

Desired outcome: I am owed a refund for the $293 I paid for this room that I can no longer use, due to the meeting cancellation at this hotel. What can you do to reverse these charges?

P
11:32 am EDT

HotelValues Wrong booking #r4368098544

Booking Sept 01, 2023 4 Nights 2 Rooms. Ref.# [protected]. I was charged 4.066,80 €.

Hotel Bastille Speria confirmed 2 Rooms for 4 People 4 Nights. You charged 4 Rooms for 4 people. I used 2 Rooms for 4 nights. Hotel Bastille Speria cancelled the wrongly booked additional 2 rooms without charge. Hotel confirmed that they received only the charge for 2 Rooms for 4 people. You owe me 2.033,40€. Please submit.

If you need any additional information please give me a note.

Peter GERARD (peter.[protected]@t-online.de).

2:08 pm EDT

HotelValues Refund

My original confirmation #r4182370233

This reservation was made by accident and cancelled less then 5 min of making it.

Cancellation #r4409982384

I did go to the jw marriott and they had two reservations for me. This one was never cancelled as I was told and I was charged the full amount of room.

Marriott manager did write in notes to you that they accept the cancellation and not to charge me.

Can you please correct the charge on my account?

Annabelle cruz

[protected]

Desired outcome: credit my credit card used for $533.18again it was done and cancelled withing 3 minutes bc it was purchased by accident

Update by Annabelle Agaisse Cruz
Aug 30, 2023 2:09 pm EDT

horrible service. noresponse

5:02 pm EDT

HotelValues Hotel reservations

On 7-6-23 I unfortunately utilized Hotel Values to book my room with Embassy Suites. Like most people they got me with around $60 worth of fees for a 1 night stay, that’s not my issue. My issue is they never paid the hotel for the room, so the hotel billed my credit card. Now after a week of trying to get ahold of Hotel Values, I still do not have thus resolved. When I talk to someone I’m put on hold to “review my file” they NEVER EVER come back. Unfortunately it looks like I as well as the hotel have been scammed. Crazy part is my emails are coming from and going to Priceline, so apparently this is a Priceline comp… luckily I only utilized them for 1 night but total thieves.

S
3:23 pm EDT

HotelValues Hotel reservations

On July 6, 2023, at 12:07 pm, I was trying to obtain quotes for an upcoming work trip and could not move past entering the credit card information to be provided a quote for my stay. When I hit enter to move to the next page, I received an email confirmation that they had charged my state credit card. At 12:08 pm, I used the confirmation email to cancel the reservation.

Desired outcome: A refund please.

10:44 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HotelValues Cancellation policy not clear when booking

I booked and canceled literally 5 minutes later and called to confirm cancellation and was told I was subjected to 1 nights fee which is not CLEARLY noted when booking . I lost $218. 00 on this site who advertised discount rate at Candlewood suites in Terre Haute Indiana. Note I canceled well before the date of booking so wasn’t day of….I even requested a credit for future use and was told not possible- trying to dispute with my CC company now

I will be contacting the hotel as well to see if there are options..

DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY

W
W
WCofBendorf
Dachau, DE
Jul 31, 2023 4:22 am EDT

I was able to cancel the reservation and received the money back using the telefon number [protected]. The number listed on the Guest Reservations - Reservation Confirmation always ended up that no reservation was found respective to the confirmation number and I do not know always misunderstood me and no way to enter the number on the key board. Guess this number is only to annoy users and has no real function.

The second email Guest Reservations listed the above number [protected]-1527and I was able to cancle the reservation and received immediatly my money back. So wish you guys the same luck.

G
12:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HotelValues Withholding refunds - adding extra "taxes and service fees"

I cannot understand how this website has a statement that HotelValues.com is a legitimate operation. It shows in green midway thherough the long list of complaints. Must have been provided by the company itself. HotelValues.com ought to be banned, fined, whatever it takes to get refunds to scammed customers.

Beware of booking anything through “hotelvalues.com”. It’s a con.

In June, 2023 we mistakenly made a reservation at a Holiday Inn Express in Auburn, Indiana for May, 2024.

I say “mistakenly” because our intention was to attend our grandson’s graduation at Auburn University in Auburn, ALABAMA 10.5 months from now. Big mistake.

That hotel uses several outside booking agents, one of which was “hotelvalues.com”, and that was the one we picked much to our dismay. In less than 10 minutes we saw our error re Indiana vs Alabama and canceled the booking only to be told that was no refund available. There was no notification of a non refundable rate.

Calls to Holiday Inn Express management in Auburn Indiana as well as to IHG, the umbrella management firm have produced no promise of refund. Both places say you have to deal with “hotelvalues.com” which is totally unresponsive. - they don’t even answer the phone and finding an office is a fool’s errand.

So beware of any place permitting hotelvalues.com to use its name. We generally book only directly with the hotel or motel but slipped up this time

I’ve since searched hotelvalues.com on the internet and have found numerous similar fraudulent dealings. Next step is FTC. Also IHG and Holiday Inn should stand up and do the right thing.

Date of experience: June 17, 2023

Desired outcome: Please refund our money

12:05 am EDT

HotelValues Non refundable policy , not explained before booking

Horrible ! Horrible customer service on phone for a hour and nothing resolved . No where does it say non refundable before you book it . Horrible and you call to get your money back since they charge your card in full (that’s another issue).

Wow is all I can say . Wish I could give it negative stars . Beware . I am sick and I need a reservation that is refundable . I want a refund and yea just a run around .

Desired outcome: I want a refund in full for my hotel stay

AntSmt2008
, US
Jul 25, 2023 10:45 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Same issue for me losing $218. 00 trying to dispute now with my CC

8:42 am EDT

HotelValues Hotel room ordering scam

I made a reservation online for the Home 2 Suites in Stow Oh. When I made the reservation it was very confusing because I did not even realize that I was ordering through this third party. However, the phone number listed on the hotel site was this number so it must be that they contract out with this company. I had been looking for hotels for a one night stay and put in my parameters from June 24 to June 25. They were coming up very expensive but I had stayed at this hotel many times. THen there was a pop up that said, get at this price so I clicked on it thinking i still had the June 24 parameter in. After I go the confirmation email I immediately realized that I made it for the wrong date, the date was for that night! I was nowhere near the hotel. I called immediately at the number listed on the reservation which claimed it was the hotel but I got this number. They told me they could not cancel and there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they replied there are no supervisors you will have to call in the morning. I am now waiting for 10 minutes on the phone. I would say dont order through this but I did not even realized I was being redirected to this service. Home 2 IHG needs to stop doing business with this service! I am out $300. Which by the way, originally it said $177 and then they added a ton of fees to make it $300. I would have canceled anyway. This is not a discount service or whatever the hell this is.

Desired outcome: I would like my money back or at the very least be able to change my reservation to June 24th to 25th instead of June 19 to 20th

AntSmt2008
, US
Jul 25, 2023 10:49 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Same here .. IVE NEVER HAD THIS ISSUE BEFORE It’s BS that they are legit!

10:50 am EDT

HotelValues Hotel reservations

I went on what I thought was a holiday Inn website to book a hotel at the last min at 187.00 a night… (family emergency didn’t have plans for a hotel) my son was driving and I had been up all night so I made the reservation for him and ended up making it for the wrong date.. I called immediately after I made the error and the agent refused to help me and the hotel was booked solid so my son couldn’t stay there that night.(my son has to sleep in his car) the agent couldn’t help me and said the payment of $273.99 would not be refunded.. I called the hotel they agreed to not charge but the booking agency (hotel value) refuses to refund my charges. I have called several times and the only thing they say is no.. I didn’t even stay in the hotel ! Highway robbery and price line knows and won’t help either

Desired outcome: A full refund

E
4:15 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HotelValues Scam hotel reservations on bedfordhotel.guestreservations.com

The eebsite hotelbedford.guestreservations.com is fraudulent.The content is the same as that of the hotel.I booked a room on 17 June 2023 at 07.00 and it pops up as a sponsored site.There is no indication that an intermediary is taking the booking.When I received a confirmation email it had reference numbers and even a “manage your booking” facility.Click on it and it goes to getaroom.com but an error code appears.Respond to their email and a delivery failure notice is returned.What alerted me was that the confirmation email was from hotelvalues.com.This outfit scammed me last year.I tried stopping the card payment , but to no avail.

Desired outcome: Blocking all the above . com sitesAdding a pop- up on their site warning that a scam alert has been triggered

B
8:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HotelValues Over charge of hotel and then difficulty cancelling

I was unfortunate enough to use Hotel values as I thought I was using the direct website of which they had choicehotels/guest reservations in the website. I am in Australia and had used choice hotels site previously. The price per room was what I normally pay. I saw the credit card charge on my visa and immediately panicked as it was way more than what I usually pay. I could not find the confirmation as it had gone to junk mail. You could only cancel through their booking confirmation. I tried calling numbers to speak to someone to no avail. I have no proof that it went through prior to the cut off date for free cancellation as you can only cancel through their confirmation of booking. Their confirmation of cancellation came through email date stamped at 3.43pm and cut off time was 2pm which I had notified them at 1.30pm. They have charged me a cancellation fee of 100% of the ridiculous rate they charged my credit card. I went to my bank to reverse the charge however I have no evidence that I cancelled prior to the cutoff time.

Desired outcome: Refund of monies owed

P
2:01 pm EDT

HotelValues Hotel website imposter charges

On April 15, 2023 I booked a hotel room on the website of Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton, Augusta, Washington Road for May 7-11, 2023.

The total was $420.10.

Unbeknownst to me, I was taken to a site that looked the same as Hampton's website, and confirmed my reservation.

Instantly I received a confirmation for the $420.10 PLUS another $277.59!

I immediately cancelled, as that was extremely high taxes! The hotel had great reviews and I was disappointed, but unwilling to pay $697.69 for four nights. I booked elsewhere.

Later I discovered that I had been charged that total amount, in spite of never setting foot in the hotel. The cc bill showed an 800# which I called.

I spoke with a person in Malaysia, whom I could not understand. I requested to speak with someone in the USA, but was denied. I called several times, with the same result. A rote response was always repeated.

So I called the Hampton Hotel itself. The clerk told me it was a "third party booking" and they had no control over it. However the person did say they "get calls like this all the time."

I asked why they allow a deceptive 3rd party to do this, and was told they have no control over it. I spoke several times with Marcus, the manager, who explained that the hotel is a franchise owned by Auro Hotels, and he gave me their number. Repeated calls to that number resulted in automated instructions to enter the first few letters of the person's name that you wish to speak with (I didn't have a name) or to press 0 for the operator - which is an automated recording to leave a message. None of my messages were replied to.

This leads me to wonder if Auro Hotels is aware of this less-than-scrupulous 3rd party and dodging calls. Marco at Hampton has been trying to help me, to no avail.

Desired outcome: I have two desired outcomes.#1. I want the credit card charge removed. #2. I want Auro Hotels to step up and ban the third party HotelValues from using their website and/or booking for them.

9:58 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HotelValues Reservation Confirmation #R4226321133 rotterdam city hub reservation Booking Ref. # [protected]

Reservation Confirmation #R4226321133,Booking Ref. # [protected]

Hello

I can send the hotel bill pdf format if you need it (attach pdf not possible below)

Please investigate question of paid tax recovery ….

I have payed for the below hotel reservation extra taxes of

Tax Recovery Charges & Service Fees (See Details Below) €206,68

But to my surprise the hotel only withdraw 477.09 room and taxes where only €32.70 give total of 509,79 eur

"Total reduction from your side 704,48 eur, why?"

"So can you please investigate and see why you have 206,68 eur for tax"recovery….withdraw?"

Regards and thanks

Booking Confirmation # R4226321133

View 0 more photos
5:38 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HotelValues Booking reservation needing cancelation and refund

My booking was an accidental booking and I realized it not even 15 mins after the confirmation.

This site won't return my call or refund my 300+ dollars.

It was disguised as the hotels site and charged an additional $100 for their fees.

Unacceptable.

Booking Confirmation # R4247391596

Desired outcome: Cancelation and refund of $333

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

HotelValues contacts