Homeawayproperty listed below by homeaway should be removed.

Attn: Brian Sharples, CEO

Your rating: 0 of 5

RE: HomeAway.com #893070
Reservation #: HA-SGQJ3K, Aug. 18 through 24, 2017
Address: 923 Granada Ave., Nashville, TN 37210
Owner Name: Sandy Dickey, [protected]

this property should not be offered for rent by homeaway!!!

Dear Mr. Sharples:

Upon on arrival, there was a load of DIRTY dishes in the dishwasher. The 50-inch television was in one of the bedrooms and we moved it into the living room so the four of us could watch TV. The beds were terrible.

Access to the backyard was through a sliding door in the back bedroom. I have bruises on my legs where I hit the bed rails while trying to open the sliding door - about 18 inches between the bed rails and the sliding door. There was no other access to the backyard, due to the gate being padlocked shut. The backyard was a total DUMP!!! Yes, the property did have a BBQ (tabletop) that was filled with old briquettes, dirty grill, and a bent leg we tried to fix. The paint job in the living room was unfinished and the painter painted around the wall décor.

If the above issues were not enough, we had NO HOT WATER!!! The gas pipes running to the (Rinnai type) tankless water heater were too small to accommodate the property for dishes, laundry, and showers. This was discovered by one of our guests who retired from the gas company. I had one shower at this property with enough lukewarm water to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. Can you imagine being on vacation and having only a total of one shower at a property you paid good money for? The only other shower all of us had was at the Guest House in Memphis during our overnight stay there.

We were not provided the owner's cell number, called HomeAway, and were given case reference number [protected]. HomeAway provided us Sandy's cell phone number. After several attempts, she answered our text with instructions on how to "reset" the tankless water heater...to no avail. Sandy wanted to send a maintenance person to the property to "fix it", but we left for Memphis and did not want strangers in the house while we were not there. We want our money back from Sandy and will be contacting HomeAway to make a formal complaint.

Regards,