Home Instead Senior Care Logo

Home Instead Senior Care

Having problems with Home Instead Senior Care?

Home Instead Senior Care Customer Service Contacts

1890 930 847 (Ireland)
+1 888 484 5759 (United States)
+1 402 498 4466 (International)
+44 192 573 0273 (United Kingdom)
+31 238 200 912 (Netherlands)
+41 618 556 050 (Switzerland)
13323 California St.

Netherlands
Cruquiusweg 1, 2102 LS Heemstede

Schwitzerland
Industriestrasse 9, 4313 Möhlin, Schwitzerland

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Home Instead Senior Care Customer Service. Initial Home Instead Senior Care complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Home Instead Senior Care above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Home Instead Senior Care. Discuss the issues you have had with Home Instead Senior Care and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Home Instead Senior Care Complaints & Reviews

Home Instead Senior Care — discrimination at hisc lack the honesty, integrity, and compassionate care of peoples

At Home Instead — dishonest employees

My sister in Baton Rouge, LA signed a contract with At Home Instead to care for her husband. After a few...

Home Instead Senior Caredisappointing

They've been with us for six months. We chose them because they had a great reputation and we were promised to always get help each time we needed it. My mother can't walk so she needs a caregiver. But this morning a lady from their office called me and said there were no caregivers. That was sad to hear. I'm sure they have a lot of caregivers in our area. I have to do something with my issue.

• Corinne @ roses of Mary on Twitter.com Jan 27, 2018

Thanksgiving for Pensacola, Florida's courageous commentary. As I as was discriminated due to religion, my Judaeo-Christian practices and beliefs, as I continued to 'fight the good fight' for of on Good Friday, Sunday, which includes Easter and Christmas Day. Good people - citizens are a protected class. Discrimination at Home Instead, Inc. dba as Homes Instead Senior Care(HISC) franchise dba, I endured suffering, demoralization, and discrimination due to religion at the Home Instead Senior Care franchise site in Fort, Myers, Florida. Another courageous woman in Pennsylvania suffered discrimination due to her religion as well - successful litigated her lawsuit and won in the District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania- docket no. 2:17-cv-05070-CDJ. The press releases on the U.S. Dept. of Labor Equal Employment Opportunity disclosed due to continued discrimination of bias, sex, religion, and retaliation at Home Instead, Inc, dba as HISC, and other names. The public information released for all due to the numerous discrimination cases, of hazing, identity theft, grandfathered in medical licenses, harassing by retaliation is discrimination. It is a facade of legal 'shady' business practices and polices. Sadly, they are hateful practices by employees in the HISC network for $$$ too. Thanks be to God, many have successfully litigated to alert people, citizens in the Untied States of America. Baltimore, Maryland, San Francisco California-Alameda County, where the penalties against HISC dba as Home Instead, Inc, and dba as Bidwell Home Care Services in federal lawsuits affirm the truth, kindness, and protection of people in the U.S.A.

Home Instead Senior Care — Unethical behavior

I am now an rn with a bsn. 22 years old. Took this job during nursing school for supplemental income. It...

Home Instead Senior Care — All this company is about is taking money, from the elderly

Its ashame companies like this exit. I had an aid that seemed okay with me. But all of a sudden the...

Home Instead Senior Care — racist

I urge black Americans to don't apply for employment here. I applied here and I had no bad reference and...

Home Instead Senior Care Hemet — Treats Caregivers Horribly

Home Instead Senior Care in Hemet treats employees badly. ANYONE can work there. It's all about the...

Home Instead Senior Care — Beware potential employees

I am a previous employee, and had several problems with this franchise! They claim to be an non- medical care...

Home Instead Senior Care (Pensacola, Fl)Rotten Company

I worked for Home Instead Senior Care for about 2 months before I quit. I worked at the one in Pensacola, FL on Spring Street. This company (J.C. Nichols) is ridiculous to work for. They hired me without an interview! They simply called me over the phone and told me when to come to "orientation". Orientation was watching a 20 minute video and reading 2 small handbooks. They scheduled me in places far away from my home even though they told me they would give me clients close to my home. They got upset when I told them I refused to go back to this one particular home that was crawling with roaches. They only paid my $8.50 (out of the $20 per hour they charge) an hour and I only got that much because I'm an LPN. Finally, when I called in for one of my shifts, they tried to scare me into coming by threatening to report me for elder abuse (which they cannot do)!! I know the job market sucks right now, but honestly its not worth it working for Home Instead or hiring Home Instead. Luckily enough for the clients I did care for, I knew what I was doing because I'm trained as a nurse.

• Corinne @ roses of Mary on Twitter.com Jan 27, 2018

Home Instead Senior Care — Questionable practices of Nurses

Home Instead Senior Care needs to work on the employment process. The indviduals they employ practicing in...

Home Instead Senior Care — treat the employees like total crap and lie to the clients

worked for them for a long time never had one complaint from any client i ever worked with always performed...

Home Instead St. LouisDon't care about their worker or Client's

The worse company i have ever worked for in my life. I would never recommend Home Instead Senior Care/st.Louis to anyone. They work you to death and they pay you a little of nothing while they make the big bucks. Do they care about the worker or clients? No and no . I started working at Home Instead because i love working with elderly people and i enjoy making a different in somebody life. I started at $8.00 hour and two years later I'm still at $8.00.(RIP OFFS) They never call you in the office and say we appreciate the work you do.When you take off or go on vacation they have the nerves to say think of your client when taking off. I thought that is the reason why you have other caregivers to fill in. Do they check on the client to see is everything going ok? NO they don't but if the client decide not to pay they want to run them down.

• Ho
          Home Instead Jul 10, 2012

While we regret that this caregiver had a negative experience with us, we do have many satisfied caregivers that have been with us for over 10 years. We also believe that we have reasonable & fair policies in place for both the seniors we serve and the caregivers that serve them.

Home Instead Senior Careunprofessional

I worked at home instead senior care for over a year and I must say I was one of the very few good skilled care givers that they had.I would not recommend home instead senior care for your love ones or the ones you hold dear to your heart simply because they dont care what type of people they hire but they are all about making money and themselves.They dont even care about there employees especially the ones like me who were genuinly compassionate about my patients, taking good care of them and making sure I always did a good job.Its so sad how they short change there employers who work overnight by paying them 65 dollars for 12 hours a night..They are by far my worst employer ever i promise.What really hurt me soooo bad is recently I needed them to fill out a verification form stating that i am longer employed with them so that i could get health benefits at no cost for my children.They told me to leave the form and they would sign it on verification day which is thursday so i left it and they were suspose to fill it out and fax it to human services and they never did.I called them and ask them why they didnt sign the form and fax it.They put someone who said she was the operater of the company on the phone and she was real cold to me.She said we choose not to sign yours, she said the company didnt have to if they did not want to.How unprofessional is that.I was a good caregiver for them and they did me like that all because I left there company to find better opportunities.How unprofessional but what goes around comes around and I want to give all of you the benefit of knowing that they are no good for your love ones And i mean that from my heart because I care about others.I hope they go down because they dont deserve to be in business

• Pu
            pumkinbrat51 Apr 10, 2015

I was an employee with this company in California I had a bad fall resulting in my shoulder being broken. I called the office they took me to urgent care they discovered my shoulder was broken but instead of sending me to the hospital to get it fixed they sent me home with pain pills and a sling. My boss was there and could have authorized it, but instead she took me home. 12 days later a family member came to check me I was in bad shape in pain, hadn't eaten or showered. they took me to the emergency room. I was admitted that night and had surgery the next day. Not only was my shoulder shattered but the bone in my upper arm had to be replaced. The surgeon said he spend 30 minutes picking out bone fragments from my arm. I spent 4 days in the hospital and no one from the company called came by or sent a card. I was then sent for rehab at facility, my surgeon recommended another surgery workman comp dragged their feet., after 3 months in rehab I was sent to a board and care. Now I have an attorney. I also have nerve damage so I can only move my arm from the elbow down on the right side. These people could care less about their employees. As of April 8 it was 2 years I still have and I am at the board and care since can no longer care for myself as I should. As clients or employees stay away from them. Far away.

• Un
            Unknown Abused Employee May 01, 2012

i so agree with you, Home Instead Senior Care did me the same way I had a client whom was starting to be dead weight and I called them several times making them aware of the situation and telling them that my back was starting to hurt. Well, a month later after getting off my shift, i came home with a very very painful back ache, went to the emergency the next day and discovered I had a bulging disc. I called the office reported that the doctor said no heavy lifting for two weeks, they told me not to come for two weeks and that if I had the slightest restriction when i got back I would be fired. I couldn't get Workman's Comp because I didn't follow "their protocol" and no unemployment!!! I just started work and they are acting all funny with me, i guess because my client told them she didn't want any other caregiver coming out besides me, but anyway they haven't given me hours so I been out of pay for 4 weeks so i finally decide to apply for food stamps and same thing as you they gave me the run around for a whole week! I went up there personally and waited until it got faxed. everyone ignored that i was sitting there. Later, Did you know they told me they don't need me in here waiting with my kids so i need to get out!!! them a##holes kicked me and my two babies out not giving a darn that we had no food! for 2 years I have been so loyal i didn't even accept any private offers from clients who totally hate Home Instead but only use them because they are bonded and stuff i literally saved them up to 10 clients by telling them to stay, but now if i see them I will save them from a huge mistake as well as anyone looking to be employed by them.

Home Instead Senior Careliars misguided

Home instead senior care in corpus christi BEWARE!! BE VERY SCARED!! does not listen to the clients. Would rather ask there caregivers if the client is telling the truth or not. They fill out paper work blank and has the caregiver sign. They have in there contracts if a caregiver does not show up they will come themselves immediately. LIE!! Caregivers give 2 wks notice to company and don't tell the client until the last minute. HORRIBLE BUSINESS SKILLS!!! VERY DANGEROUS!!! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

• Do
              Doreen Bendik Feb 22, 2013

I worked for them for 4 months and did a excellent job. I even had clients families call the office to tell them what a great job I was doing. Then one day they assigned me on a case where the man couldnt walk. They didnt have the proper equipment for me to transfer him out of bed. His wife said he was having a bad day. She had just told me that she got rid of another agency because the caregiver dropped her husband. Then I told her I couldnt walk him to the bathroom without a wheelchair and I had to call the office. She said she didnt blame me but she had already told my agency to send a man which they didn't they sent me. When I called the agency they sent somebody else to take my place. One week later when I went to the office they terminated me because they said it looked bad on the company. Well dont you think it would have been worse if I dropped the man. I know in my heart I did the right thing. All I know is this company did me wrong. Now they told me they sent a man only 2 days a week and the other 3 days a girl. And so far everything is fine. They said he was having a bad day when I was there.

jayjb Mar 06, 2012

On the liar note I had a employee from home instead call in a false complaint on a delivery that I did there which puts my job in jeopardy starting with a five day suspension, she accused me of throwing boxes of paper which are 50 lbs each difficult enough to pick up never mind throw??? when she sits at a desk that she can't even see out the door but says she witnessed it?

Madelne Oct 30, 2011

This is simply not factual, I've known the Home Instead Senior Care management for many years. They are reliable, trustworthy and always there for their clients, caregivers and the medical and elder care community. This sounds like a disgruntled person that has a axe to grind over an unrelated business matter. The quality of care of this company is excellent, I have referred to them, used them for personal family and would not hesitate to do so again.

Home Instead Senior Care/fort Worth TexasNot paying office staff

I worked for Home Instead Senior Care for 2 years. I worked in the office as a scheduling coordinator. When you are hired they put you on salary. They dont tell you that you will be working 55+ hours a week, you will NEVER leave a minute before 6pm. You will stay till all shifts are filled (even if it is not your clients). Some nights we would work till 8-9pm. We were not payed any time over40 hours. Our position as scheduling coordinator was not a supervisor position, so there should of ben time half paid for all those hours. I and several other woman have filed with the labor board and we know HISC will have to pay for all the hours not payed. Not to mentions, they hire unexperienced caregivers and will look the other way if caregivers have a criminal past. I would NEVER use HISC to watch my worst enemy!!!

• Ki
                kiadiva Nov 23, 2011

I strongly agree with you and i couldnt agree with u more

Home Instead Health CareStaff

Did you ever hear the ole saying, "You get what you pay for"
              Well that just is not the case with this Home Health Care Provider.
              They charge you or your Insurance Agency way to much money
              and they dont pay thier Home Health Aid's but just a few penny's
              more than Minnum Wage.
              I droped this Company like a HOT Potato when I found this out
              and pposted on CL for a private HHA / CNA and found a wonderful
              person to assist me in my home at a fraction of what Home Instead Health Care
              was charging My Insurance Company and I am geting beter care and a very clean house.
              Did you know Home Instead dont even offer thier Aids Medical Bennifits???????

I URGE you to stop using this Company and hire your own HHA/CNA I did..

Home Instead Senior Care — Poor managment

As an employee I found that communication is terrible. The worse company I have ever worked for. Clients even...

Home Instead Senior Care — Defense

I am sorry so many of you are so angry. As many of you have stated, franchises, by definition have the right...

Home Instead Senior Care — BAD CARE GIVERS

The company provided competent care givers the first month then the care givers began to be increasingly...

Homeinstead Senior Care — KEEP DEPOSIT

THEY KEEP MY DEPOSIT OF $45.00 FOR WORK NOT ASK FOR OR WORK NOT DONE THE OWNER IS SID JAY AND HIS DAUGHTER...