Having problems with Experteer?

Experteer reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 15, 2012. The latest review Money taken from credit card/difficulty in cancelling membership was posted on Jun 15, 2021. The latest complaint Experteer subscription was resolved on Apr 05, 2021. Experteer has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 25 reviews. Experteer has resolved 8 complaints.

Experteer Customer Service Contacts

Lenbachplatz 3
München
Germany - 80333

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Experteer Customer Service. Initial Experteer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Experteer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Experteer. Discuss the issues you have had with Experteer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Experteer Complaints & Reviews

ExperteerMoney taken from credit card/difficulty in cancelling membership

Stay away from this company. So easy to sign up, and usually its for people who are vulnerable due to looking for new employment when registering. There was zero support, job options or any feedback whatsoever, and when I believed I cancelled, got yet another 6 month subscription taken from my credit card. Seems like a pure scam, and will be sharing experience with my network of 2000 proffesiosnals plus on LinkedIn to make them aware of this.

• Experteer's response · Jun 16, 2021

Dear User,

We are sorry to hear you missed out on your cancellation date.
      Please know that we inform all of our customers during the sign-up phase about the extension of the subsciption. This information is made clearly visible.

ExperteerScam

Experteer has stolen money for months for a service I didn't realize I even had, until I lost my ATM card did I even know I had been paying for their "service". I got an email saying that I owed funds, I immediately wrote back and said no, delete my account I no longer want this service as they never assisted me in my quest for a job. I went to their website and I have never had such difficulty cancelling a membership, they make it virtually impossible to do it. This must be a scam, they offered me no assistance through my job search but they certainly were on top of trying to get their money! Shocking. I have requested that they delete all my information per EU-GDPR law but I don't have faith that will happen.

ExperteerExperteer subscription

AVOID
      I would rather stick with Linkedin than fall into the trap of tall claims made by Experteer.
      Please be aware there is this Auto Renewal which they claim is available on sign up page but how can a sane person remember it after 3 months or so.
      They give false claims that they give notice about auto renewal however it is definitely in such way that user is most like end up paying more than what one needs.
      There is no benefit that one will get from this website.

• Experteer's response · May 12, 2021

Dear Sir,

We are sorry that you missed the deadline for the cancellation of your Premium membership.

Kindly please understand however that we do make the renewal process clear on the sign-up page. It is very transparent and you can cancel the Premium service at any time either in your account or by writing an email to us. As you did not cancel it before the renewal date, the Premium membership was extended.

If you have any other questions, kindly please write to us at: [email protected]

• Updated by MEK123 · May 12, 2021

Kindly explain why the subscription cannot be cancelled on the first day of the subscription.

Like with all goods and services there is always a cooling off period where customer is allowed to change their mind. Unfortunately it seems Experteer does value such practices.

Here is not a case that I am in middle of my subscription period and then want to cancel the subscription midway. I am telling on day 1 that I do not need your services and so you should not charge me for it.

ExperteerExperteer subscription

I have tried multiple times to stop my renewal of Experteer.com starting from March 2 (Ticket 416357) I found this site not useful as well as did not deliver the recruiters as mentioned. I do not want this subscription again and the company is forcing me to pay an additional 119.40 to continue my subscription. I continue to received warning notices and continues emails from consumer service stating I must pay. My renewal is 03/01/2021 - 08/27/2021 . Yet I sent an email on 3/2/21 to cancel and I received an email staying, sorry you can not cancel a renewal. Please stop my subscription and do not threat me with collections.

• Experteer's response · Apr 21, 2021

Dear User,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry that you missed the cancellation deadline before your next renewal. Please know that we inform all of our customers during the sign-up phase about the extension of the subsciption.
            However, Experteer tries to offer solutions to customers that did not cancel on time. Our Support Team has already arranged an aggrement with you in order to shorten your membership. Please do contact our Support Team if you have any further requests.

Kind Regards,

Mar 24, 2021

Experteer — Membership/ extremely time consuming and hard cancellation

There is no reason to pay for this service. For the service offered, it is ridiculous to charge people for...

ExperteerSubscription

After receiving no benefit or connections from the site I cancelled my subscription in December. I then was reached out to from my bank in January asking to confirm a renewal of their services. I denied the charge since I had cancelled them. Since then they continue to try and email me about their charges and are threatening to send me to collections. I have emails with them that show I'm not interested in their product and want nothing more to do with them. Their customer service is not a service to their customers.

• Experteer's response · Mar 01, 2021

Dear Ms. Rosenberger,

If you would be so kind as to write us directly at [email protected] we would gladly check your case to see what exactly happened.
              However, please note that when you cancel a Premium membership you receive an automatic confirmation message. If you have that message, kindly please forward it to us.

• Updated by Jennifer Rosenberger · Mar 03, 2021

Hello,

I did write to Support (twice) and was told it did not matter. I also did not receive a confirmation of my cancellation in December. Nothing on the website says to look for this confirmation so I did not know I needed it. From reading the other complaints it seems this is a predatory tactic the company uses. I completely filled out the profile and never was matched with anyone and every job lead was one I was already seeing on LinkedIn. It just isn't right to continue charging someone for a product that they don't want and is not of any use to them. I've spread the word on LinkedIn about this company and advised others to steer clear (I will keep this post up and keep promoting it until the unwanted charges are dropped). If I need to make a complaint with the BBB I will as well.

Jennifer

• El
              Eldela Apr 05, 2021

Yes, same thing is happening to me. This is so wrong, especially when people who are not working and not getting paid are asked to pay for a service that does not deliver. It's simple this company should respect the consumers wishes.

ExperteerJob Service

I am a VP of Sales and yet you consistently send me jobs for a GM or Engineer? I did not agree or did not know I was agreeing to auto-renew this service. The day my card was charged was the only notification provided. I requested cancellation that day! I request a full refund. I am not looking for a job and do not need your service. I can assure you the damage I will cause this company in loss due to social media will supersede my 190.00. I am about to file a complaint with LinkedIn and blast Experteer on every job site I can possibly find!!! Do the right thing!

• Experteer's response · Feb 16, 2021

Dear Mr. Farley,

I am sorry you have not been satisfied with our services.

Please note that the job offers you are getting are also based on the entries in your profile.
                Kindly please write to us directly at: [email protected] and we will gladly check your profile for you and help you with the job search.
                Regarding the renewal of your membership, please note that it is clearly stated on the sign-up page. As you did not cancel it before the renewal date, it has been extended. However, if you would be so kind as to write to us at the above mentioned email address we will check your case and try to find a solution.

ExperteerExperteer no

Job postings show experteers baseline salary estimates. No salary's are accurate and a wasted my time.

I JUST signed up and once in premium noted it was completely different info and salary's that do show are far lower than the shown baseline. Also any I bookmarked- only 2 of 8 were available to view.
              Red flag that initial view before paying was deceptive. Shameful

• Experteer's response · Jan 11, 2021

Dear candidate,

thank you for the review.

We explicitly point out that a salary benchmark quoted by Experteer does not represent a statement on the actual salary for the position offered by the specific company. They are rather target salaries by market leaders in the relevant sectors of industry. They should provide users with a guide when assessing open positions, evaluating their own career milestones and as an aid during salary negotiations. They are explicitly not salary levels offered by the specific company or conventionally paid.
                  The salary benchmark and the salary information provided merely represents an average value at the relevant level with market leaders. For each company, the actual salary can be up to 15 % lower or higher (in individual cases, greater discrepancies can also apply). The specific salary to be given depends on factors such as skill at salary negotiation, employee performance and professional experience. The size and location of the company also plays a role.

The second issue you mentioned refers to the condition, that only premium members have full access to all positions at Experteer. With the basic memembership you will only be able to see up to 20 % of all positions.

Kindest Your Experteer Social Media Team

• Updated by Joy2021 · Jan 11, 2021

I did premium. I’ve requested my money back. You didn’t address the jobs that show in free bit don’t show in premium. That’s what I paid for. I will simply go to he bank and get the refund.
                  And you are not clear in your benchmarking. 200k vs a 47k (which is ridiculous for a Director position for someone w more than 17 years experience is ludicrous. So: red flag number 5.

• Updated by Joy2021 · Jan 11, 2021

And: Experteer;

You CLEARLY did not read the complaint. It says I just signed up for Premium! If your reading is any indication of your business practices then that is further telling. And no response on the refund ? Hasn’t been 48 hours. The money is to be returned immediately. Bank contacted all screenshots saved and sent.

READ THE INFO CLEARLY NEXT TIME.
                  wasted my time.

ExperteerSubscription

Experteer will silently "renew" your subscriptions and then deny your request for refund, even if you cancel 1 minute after the silent renewal.
                Hopefully your credit card company might very well be on your side and give a full refund, so please, request a charge back from your credit card company. Mine did refund me fully 1 week after they issued a provisional credit to me. Experteer then sent me another email saying I cannot cancel like that but hey, it has been refunded guys. Experteer should quickly review their cancellation policy and quit sending these automated CSR emails.

Subscription

• Experteer's response · Jan 11, 2021

Dear Mr. Addelia,

thank you for your review. With Experteer you may cancel until one day in advance of your prolongation or even as you said the minute before the membership renews automatically. Once the membership has been renewed, unfortunately from a billing perspective it is not possible to cancel the invoice anymore. We inform about the automatic prolongation directly on the sign-up page. This information is not hidden but communicated clearly.

Kindest Your Experteer Social Media Team

ExperteerDeceptive billing practices

In my opinion, this organization cannot be trusted and is nothing short of a money mill. I purchased the premium service for 6 months. I cancelled on the precise renewal date (July 13th) but after my CC charge was processed. I immediately contacted them and they refused to issue a refund. Subsequently, I exchanged several emails including my cancellation. Even after receiving this documentation they refused to offer a refund. They even went so far to say that I did not cancel in spite of the proof I offered. Ultimately they offered a 50% refund which I refused again requesting a full refund and promising that I would take action on social media. I never heard back from them and being true to my word provide a review with which their potential clients should take caution not to engage with this outfit.

• Experteer's response · Aug 07, 2020

Dear Mr. Marshall,

As explained during the sign-up process, you need to cancel your premium membership before a new invoice is issued to avoid further charges. You only wrote us to cancel your premium membership after the prolongation had already taken place. We confirm that your premium membership will end at the end of the current subscription period and that we will not charge you further.

Please contact us directly if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards

• Updated by DrMarshall · Aug 07, 2020

The issue is their auto renew policy that does not allow you to cancel after your credit card has been charged. They allow the fine print to cover them for their refusal to issue a refund when you attempt to cancel, even on the renewal date. I was alerted by my CC company of the charge on the renewal date (July 13, 2020) and immediately disputed the charge and cancelled my membership. I emailed them directly seeking a full refund as I no longer valued the service. They initially refused to acknowledge that I had actually canceled and even after they did forced me to pay for the service for an additional six months so that they could capture more revenue. After several more emails with copies to their CEO, they offered a 50% refund which I felt inadequate given that I canceled on the precise renewal date. The CEO failed to respond to my direct emails on every occasion. With my complaint left unresolved they went silent. I get that they have an auto renew process, but unlike other online services, they refuse even a pro-rata refund, which in my case would have been 100%. This is not the type of company I do business with. They are dealing with many people who do not have jobs and cannot afford to be charged for unused, undesired services. Moreover, after taking the time to investigate their leadership team, the lack of response from their CEO telling. It demonstrates to me this is a chronic complaint.

• Updated by DrMarshall · Aug 07, 2020

This response is precisely your problem. When I cancel a service I expect it to be processed on the day it occurs, not six months in the future. Your business model is dishonest and you know it.

May 21, 2020

Experteer — Membership

Experteer is an international scam and should be investigated by regulatory authorities in the countries it...

ExperteerSubscription

This site is very frustrating. I had an old account that I removed (it was a free account) successfully. I also believe that I have removed my other paid account. However, Experteer does not appear to have actual Customer Service and I was charged for a renewal when I had already tried to cancel. I not cannot get anyone from Experteer to confirm 100% that all of my emails and particularly my paid subscription was cancelled. I believe that Experteer owe me the renewal back since I did send a query before the renewal date. But this is ridiculously and unnecessarily complicated. I don't think the service was helpful and it is expensive for not much value. I want Experteer to confirm that all of my addresses have NO accounts or billings associated with this company. I am sending this message from all of my emails just to make 100% sure that they stop billing me. I believe Experteer is extremely customer unfriendly and borderline unethical. I should be able to cancel and not go through a dozen steps. -Sarah Bannon

• Experteer's response · Feb 21, 2020

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry if our service did not meet your expectations.

I have checked our communication history and can confirm that we received your request and we have answered you.

Experteer do clearly state the prolongation of a premium membership when you sign up for premium and of course also in the terms and conditions. Cancelling a premium membership is easy to do - by email, fax, letter or in your account. You can do this even 1 day before prolongation and we confirm every cancellation by email. We are sorry - it is never possible to cancel backwards in time.

Or, as we have explained to you in our email, you never cancelled this membership in due time.

• Ba
                        BannonSBB Feb 21, 2020

I went onto your website four times on February 13th and it was not coming up properly. I double and triple-checked and it kept coming up that the website was having issues. I did also send a message on 2-14 -20 which finally went through which was the day of the renewal. I received no notification from your company until almost two days later. You can say whatever you would like but the fact is that your company has a website that makes it very hard to cancel subscriptions (which is I am sure on purpose), and your website was having issues on 2-13-20...and your company still selected to charge me even when I was able to get through by 12:00am on 2-14-20.

Experteersubscription premium service

I was unhappy with the results of this service and twice tried to cancel. In August I went into the system to cancel and it said it would send an email to confirm. I never received the email and was charged again on August 18. I tried again on 16th of September and the same thing happened. I waited for the email, but it appeared to be delayed. So I got busy with something else and forgot about it. Three days later I was charged by Experteer, so I sent a message asking that my account be cancelled and my last month refunded. They replied that they had no record of me trying to cancel. I went back to my spam folder of email and finally found their message. I forwarded this to them to show that I had in fact tried to cancel the service. They just replied that they were sorry, but there was no record in their system that I had cancelled.

I have now blocked them on my paypal account, but would still like to see a refund of September's payment of E29.50. It should not be legal to make it so difficult to cancel a service.

RESOLVED

Experteer has refunded my September payment. If you cancel the premium service, be sure to block your automatic payment to make sure no additional payments are deducted.

• Updated by Lori Rockett · Sep 24, 2019

After several back and forth emails, they have agreed to refund my September payment.

Experteerpremium membership

I purchased the Premium Membership from Experteer when trying to find a job- once I had found one (without Experteer) I cancelled my membership and received a confirmation email.

I am still being billed- despite taking an action to cancel this membership- customer service claims there's a second button to hit, but the email sent from them says "cancellation of your premium membership"

Customer service claims I will still be billed for a lower service- but there is no option to get rid of all billing. I have seen numerous similar complaints. How could anyone work for such a scam!?

Experteerunauthorized credit card charges

On 7/13/2018 and 1/9/2019 my credit card was charged $119.40 for a total of $238.80. I have no idea what these charges were for. I have not received any goods or services for these charges. The following transaction IDs may help you in this investigation:

15265678193496977721420

My Master Card credit card ended in 8829.
                          My name is Erik H. Neilsen
                          Address is 4433 Edgarton Drive, Grove City, OH 43123
                          Tele. [protected]
                          email address: [protected]@gmail.com

Erik H. Neilsen

• Experteer's response · Mar 22, 2019

Dear Ms. or Mr. Neilsen,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry if our service did not meet your expectations.

Please feel free to write to me directly with any further questions - at [email protected]

Experteer — I am being charged monthly by your company

I sent a letter over 6 months ago and when someone called me back thaey could not find an account for me...

Experteer — no job listings, no refund.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!! Waste of time and money. Similar to other's who feel scammed by this company, I...

Experteer GMBH — fraudulent debit sent to and paid by my paypal account

On Aug 13, 2017 my account with Paypal was debited €138 for something (?unknown?) that I did not order...

Experteer — Premium subscription service

I had a 6 month premium subscription service. The auto renew kicked in, and four hours into the first day of...

Experteer — Job search site

I signed up for a 3 month premium Experteer membership in November 2016 as I wanted to relocate to germany...