Home Depotcarpet instalation

I wanted to purchase carpet at Home Depot where they offer 72 hour installation. When I asked about the install they told me it may take up to a week before the job could get done. They told me the carpet had to be ordered. The carpet I wanted to purchase was in stock. I then talked the the assistant manager, Barry who said, " The advertisement is kind of misleading, because it couldn't be done in 72 hours. I left and went to Lowe's and got my carpet.It cost a little more, but at least they didn't misrepresent themselves.

• Be
    Beth OH Sep 09, 2017

I'm seeing many of the same kinds of complaints regarding the 72 hour carpet. I was just told that the 72 hour install is more like 2-3 weeks! If I had known this, I would have planned accordingly. As it is, I have allowed 13 days prior to my absolute deadline for install. They won't even guarantee that! Their 72 hour carpet advertising is more than misleading. It is outright false advertising!