[Resolved] Holiday Travel Of America — this needs to stop!
My husband and I attended a 'program' in Yakima, WA for Holiday Travel of America. After trying to weed out the off-key sing-a-long representative, and the blaring music, and wild Hawaiian shirts, the program was presented. We chose not to buy into the program, but opted for the 'free gift'.
We read the fine print on the back of the certificate and sent it in within the required time limit, selecting our departure location.
We got back a paper showing the travel date periods and a payment coupon asking for $116.00 taxes fee, and $398.00 processing fees. My husband is a world traveler, very sauvy on port fees. and he was outraged at the apparent scam! Highway robbery at least on the processing fees. No wonder they can send their reps to 'exotic' locations!
Now I see that Holiday Travel of America has been ripping off others all across the nation, and for many years!
Well, we're out of this scam, thank God without nothing more than our time!
We are unfortunately not able to take them to court at this time; however, I am filing this report, and I will also follow up with a complaint to BBB of Washington. This needs to STOP!!!
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More Holiday Travel Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Holiday Travel Of America - scam charges
- Holiday Travel Of America - keep putting off trip
- Holiday Travel Of America - fraudulant concern
- Holiday Travel Of America - they booked us to san jose, ca not san jose, costa rica!!!
- Holiday Travel Of America - never give cruise
- Holiday Travel Of America - false advertisement
- Holiday Travel Of America - scam - travel services
- Holiday Travel Of America - doesnt return phone calls/manager extrememly rude
- Holiday Travel Of America - scam
- Holiday Travel Of America - no refund when promised