HitachiLight engine problem

After being told to change my lamp at a cost of $300, and this did not help I called again and was told to have a service tech look at the TV. Gee, the tv's light engine is bad, imagine this. When calling Hitachi I talked to 3 people and since the tv is 4 years old they will not help. Consumers need to band together as this is a problem with the manufacturer of the light engine since it is a problem with other rear projectors.

• Ba
    Barone623 Dec 05, 2015

I have the same problem, blue haze on the screen. I was told the parts are not made anymore. Did anyone find out where to get a replacement part. Light Engine/Optical Engine. Its amazing how company's get away with providing defect products and the government refuses to do anything about it. Where can I find the parts.

• Kr
    Krishna Devi May 23, 2015

Hot cooling comes again and again after some time and workers not good work

• Hot cooling comes again and again after some time and can't working...

SARVJEET SINGH Apr 23, 2015

Dear Sir/Mam,

We regret to inform you that we have lodged our complaint of our A/C on 18/04/2015, our complain request No. is [protected], After 5 days of lodged the particular complaint till date no one has turned up from your side nor any feedback we have received so far it is very unfortunate that a reputed Organization Hitachi brand in India is providing these types of services to the customers. At the time of purchase this A/C from pawan enterprises bhiwani(harayana)- dt. 8.05.2013 they promised that you will get the best after sale service from Hitachi, but after this problem we have found that this is the worst after sale service we have never seen in our life. If this problem cannot be resolve within next 2 days then we will go for a hard step. As professional i am the advocate at bhiwani (Haryana) and its definite that we take action .

Against company Managing Director (Osamu Kubo).

As per him views he understand that his customers need high quality products and reliable after-sales service. We are backed up by the world-class technology from Japan developed over a period of nearly 100 years. We believe providing high quality elevator comes from the combination of 3stages;
    (1)Supplying High Quality Equipment,
    (2)Using Sophisticated Installation Method, and
    (3)The Back-up by the Efficient Service Network.

We are training each of our representatives to treat customers with highest sincerity, be prompt in their responses, and look for solutions to our customer's needs. The underlying philosophy here is "To look at ourselves and not to blame others." Throughout the whole business transaction with us, we want our customers to be delighted having chosen Hitachi, and continue using our services again and again. It's a continuation of a positive cycle .

All Views Given By Him Is lies .

Machine Details:

Bhiwani(Haryana)
    m.no-:[protected]

• Tj
    tjcarita Mar 01, 2014

Oh No! I was so happy to find this info... DrSparkie Please Please come back!

• Ka
    Kate Lee Dec 28, 2012

I want to ask about the Hitachi oil flooded rotary screw air compressor HI screw (Next series) (Model OSP-11M5ANA)Got monitor? (Like internet one same)

harkesh Aug 31, 2012

Sir, we are having problem in our hitachi a/c with 1 month complete. we complaint to the hitachi office regularly but they are not responding they told that they don't have the parts of a/c . So, i request you to solve our problem please i am requesting you sir
    harkesh
    126/16a vill.daultabad faridabad (opp. chandravati hospital
    haryana

Drew121972 Jul 12, 2012

I followed all the steps and put the TV back together but now the screen is green. I have tried to adjust the polarised lenses but have not had any luck. Is there any other way I can adjust the lenses?
    Thanks

• Ra
    Ravneet Kaur Jun 22, 2012

I have gone through the same ordeal. Be indian buy indian

• Ra
    Ravneet Kaur Jun 08, 2012

I had purchased 2 ton Hitachi Ace Follow Me split AC on19-05-2010 from Utility traders Chandigarh.It was the most expensive AC available in the market.My first year was satisfactory, but my nightmare started the next year after the company representive did the free service.The AC would cool my first floor bedroom like a cooler.We would sweat even with AC and two fans switched on.After complaint several technicians visited my place unable to detect any defect. Finally I was told that there was gas leakage and I got gas refilled at hefty amount.Cooling problem persisted, and now there was ice formation on front panel and unit would stop working altogether.After several complaints they again refilled the gas.By now it was October and the whole problem was put to rest.This year again the nightmare continues, now the compressor has stopped working.After detecting the problem the company technicians have disappeared altogether.I had complained on 30 may 2012 vide comp. no.[protected], send several reminders but to no avail.Suggest any action against such companies to get faulty machine replaced, although I plan to approach consumer forum.These international companies take customers for ride and waste our hard earned money.

• Gu
    gursimar Oct 23, 2011

i am facing a major problem with this product of hitachi (http://www.hitachi-hli.com/2doorRefrigerator601l.html) and am very frustrated with lodging complaints for to various centers and still no action being taken.

• Na
    natasha ahluwalia Oct 22, 2011

my Hitachi refrigerator is under warranty and as mentioned in the warranty clause if the compressor is not working they will replace it and there will be no charges for gas filling but the service technicians are asking for rs-3000/-

• Mr
    Mrnetwurm Oct 11, 2011

I have a few questions.
    First, do I understand correctly that I must replace the polarizer film on a total of six pieces ? The three polarizers that are mounted to the black plastic frame and the three post polarizers that are mounted with metal clips ?
    Next, do I also need to remove and polish away and burnt spots on the glass diffusers that are in the 'tunnel' that sends light from the bulb to the polarizer doodads ?
    Last, when I order the polarizer sheets, do I need to order more than one sheet ?
    Thanks

• Ry
    ryaneric Oct 06, 2011

how do i get my cuts nice and i understand removing adhesive part but do i also remove the other side facing the lcd?

• Ry
    ryaneric Oct 06, 2011

DrSparkie i have ordered my polorizer film help! when u cut it out i keep getting air bubbles on the sides of my film how do i keep from getting that and can i touch the polarizer film with my hands? and i understand removing the adhesive part but do i remove the the piece on the other side also? plz responds asap thanks

• 79
    79k5man Sep 27, 2011

i found this forum and i was having the same problem and i was told dissasemlbing the tv was almost impossible and i have followed all of the steps and i am now wating on my polarizing film sheets to arrive so i can hopefully re-assemble the tv and see it work again ive never done anything like this but i got the tv for free and figured what the hell lets fix it so i got to my 3 little pieces and only one was severly burnt and the other two were realitivly decent but i am replacing all three so i am crossing my fingers that all was worth it :/!

• Am
    amita prasad Jun 26, 2011

Asking for extra money for installation of window A/c(Hitachi) after paying the same.

• Mi
    mickey0357 Apr 11, 2011

this is the third time i have had to replace the optical engine assy part #ux22202 on my tv

• Al
    alex_zandy Mar 29, 2011

Hi DrSparkie,
    I have the same problem on my TV now. I'm trying to understand the steps you give here but I'm little confuse on steps 3 which is,
    "step three: match the polarization vector of your existing polarizer (where its not burnt) to your new film stock, the vectors are matched when light passes through them both, this MAY be on a 45 degree angle" I'm confuse because its kind of conflicting to the picture you've shown wherein the -45 degrees is very clear, 0 degree is not so clear, and 45 degrees is black. You said on the step3 above that the vectors matched when light passes through but in the picture the light does not passes through on 45 degrees so does it mean that 45 degress in the picture is not the correct match? Since the all lights passes through -45 degrees does it mean that we will cut our polarizer to -45 degrees? I already got a polarizer from the link you've provided and it look likes to me that the 0 degrees is the clearest part and the 45 degrees is the darkest part the same as your picture. Do I cut mine in 0 degrees? Thank you very much, I hope I get lucky like you to successfully repair my 50v500a tv.

Alex

Hargak Feb 17, 2011

Anyone got a copy of their receipt? They want a copy and I lost alot of paperwork in moves I've made, pm me please.

Hargak Feb 17, 2011

Same problem, jumping on the suit bandwagon, calling hitachi (just for fun) this is pissing me off I'm telling everyone to avoid hitachi, they used to have a great name in tv's

• alfredo jara cobo Feb 14, 2011

No work, The polarizing film of the Cell, I only get the yellow and blue, but it is not pure red, it seems that the angle is 45 degrees, please wait for polarizing film you're going to send thanks for that, friend. now both been my focus on this, I forgot to mention that also I have a vertical line that is reflected on the screen, which could be the solution to this damage, doc. thanks for the attention paid to this problem.

Alfredo Jara.

• alfredo jara cobo Feb 14, 2011

no funciono, las películas polarizadas de los celulares, solo me dan color amarillo en un angulo y un color como azulado, pero no consigo el rojo puro, según los ángulos parece que no están a 45 grados de angulo, es necesaria la película que tu me dices, DrSparkie. Gracias por todo.
    te comento tanta ha sido mi concentracion en estas peliculas polarizadas q olvide comentar que tengo una linea vertical muy fina en la pantalla, pregunto cual seria la falla que me esta dando, que tengo que hacer.

DrSparkie Feb 13, 2011

perhaps the ribbon cable sandwiches onto the glass LCD plate, and you accidentally "pulled it out" as opposed to breaking it? then it may be possible to reinstall the ribbon, either way, you'll need to remove the LCD screen from the prism and have a look. what does the LCD end of the ribbon cable look like? torn or does it have gold coloured contacts?

• Lh
    l hawk Feb 11, 2011

thank you for your reply .as you can see from the picture the ribbon busted right at the lcd .I am currently looking for junk light engines at local tv repair shops I might have a line on one will just have to wait and see. Ido have one more question when ordering the film do I need to order just one.If I cannot find the parts I need I will junk this out .If you like I would send you the junk engine for parts .this only applies to you for helping so many people with this fix.

DrSparkie Feb 11, 2011

the polarizer comes out by removing one screw in the top of the plastic carrier for the pre-polarizers. the post polarizers require you to remove the metal clips and tweezer out the glass plates. re-installation of the post polarizers requires a wee bit of silicone.

one of the ribbons BROKE? ewwwwww... is this the one between the circuit board on the right of the tv and the light engine electronics, or between the LCD screen inside the light engine and the light engine electronics? the former may be replaceable (www.digikey.com comes to mind, also mouser) but the ribbon going to the LCD itself probably isnt replaceable because of how it interfaces with the lcd. post a picture and I can evaluate your options, but it sounds grim.
    ----------------------------------
    alfredo - buena idea.

• alfredo jara cobo Feb 09, 2011

tengo una idea loca, de las pantallas de los celulares dañados, voy a sacar algunas y dentro de estas vienen esas peliculas polarizadas, voy a probar y comento.

• Lh
    l hawk Feb 09, 2011

how do the post polarizer's come out .also as i was taking the cover off the light engine one of the ribbons broke .any ideas on where i might get one of theese

DrSparkie Feb 07, 2011

the film you order should be self-adhesive on one side, it is also crucial that the polarizer films are on the LCD side of the glass, in both cases (the pre-polarizers and post polarizers!).

make sure you apply the film with a wiping motion in the first pass to prevent air bubbles, otherwise you'll have colour bubbles (a novel idea!).

finally do make sure that the polarization of the old film and the new film are ALIGNED before removing the old film. cut the new film (after checking which side is adhesive) before removing the old film, check them SEVERAL TIMES. the post polarizers have the opposite (orthogonal technically) polarization vector to the pre polarizers.

attached is a picture of repaired pre and post polarizer glass+film combos.

• Ns
    nsloan23 Feb 06, 2011

Ok so actually one more question which i think i know the answer to but i want to be sure. Does it matter which side of the polarizer film should face the center of the 3 lcds

• Ns
    nsloan23 Feb 06, 2011

Just another quick question. You might have already answered this and i've just missed it but how do you adhere the polarizer film to the glass? or do you? What did you use for that?

DrSparkie Feb 05, 2011

las laminas no tiene color, color está determinado por los espejos dichroric
    las láminas permite la LCD para trabajar
    las láminas se pueden comprar en Internet:
    http://www.3dlens.com/shop/lcdpolarizer.php <----Yo uso este

>como vienen en la misma presentacion o hay que cortarlos
    que debe ser cortado y alineado con los antiguos. también se auto-adhesivo

the picture is of the light engine running, note to everyone, don't run your tv without all the shields in place, there is a significant ultraviolet light hazard

• alfredo jara cobo Feb 04, 2011

hola, esta es la lamina q saque del vidrio, ahora donde consigo estas laminas como veras esta la saque del lado del color rojo por eso es de color rojo, la amarilla que tambien esta quemada la saque del lado amarillo, amigo gracias por tu tiempo, pero lo que ahora necesito es que me digas lo siguiente, la lamina que tu me indicas es de un solo color gris, ahora esta lamina dependiendo de como la ponga deja pasar el color adecuado o me equivoco, o sera q ya la tecnologia cambio y ahora viene de un solo color, por favor indicame esto ya que no entiendo mucho y lo que pasa aqui es que yo no tengo esas laminas y no la consigo en ecuador. por favor me puees dar tu direccion de correo electronico. gracias.

so then
    -step one, take the mirror box/screen off... to do this take off the back panel and the front panel of the tv,
    -disconnect all the wiring behind the power switch (hidden by the speaker on the 50v's, remve the two screws holding in the speaker)
    -remove the power switch (2 smaller screws)
    -undo all the screws which hold the mirror box/screen on.
    -get a friend to help you lift the mirrorbox/screen, though at 6'4" (194cm) I can handle the 50v by myself.
    Keep all these screws in a sandwich bag, and put this bag aside. this bag is bag #1, and probably has 30~40 screws in it.

Next issue:
    Alfredo, Yo no hablo español bien, pero mi esposa. Voy a buscarla para que nos ayuden.
    The parts that are damaged are polarizers. The parts you identified (espejos dichroic - Dichoric mirrors) are strong, and should not burn. Please look at the picture I have attached for more information.

Tambien, no bebes!

DrSparkie Feb 04, 2011

Allright, lets put this 45 degree issue to rest. Look at the pictures I've attached, note the orientation (out of plane axis rotation) of the polarizer film, with the post it note attached. Remember here that the lcd screen which is providing the light is providing POLARIZED light, which is why the magic you see occurs. the final image demonstrates the variation in transmissivity as a function of angle of the polarization mismatch.

This example you will repeat yourself when you are repairing your own films, it's really quite fun.

• alfredo jara cobo Feb 02, 2011

puedo armar el proyector sin estos espejos filtros, no se cual es el nombre correcto, gracias por leer mis mensajes, de antemano muchas gracias, pero como veras me gusta investigar y si tu tienes las respuestas amis preguntas, gracias por contestarlas, desde Ecuador - Guayaquil un abrazo y que seas muy feliz en tu matrimonio y a empezar a ser bebes. los espejos o filtros son los mismos que están en la foto de arriba y tienen color ya que si los pones contra la luz del sol te dan los colores rojo azul y amarillo y si los montas uno sobre otro dan colores diferentes, por favor gracias por responder mis preguntas
    Alfredo Jara.

• alfredo jara cobo Feb 02, 2011

espejos dichroic, esta es la palabra correcta

• alfredo jara cobo Feb 02, 2011

perdon por insistir pero estas pantallitas tiene colores, son acaso los espejos ditroicos los cuales rompen la luz blanca de la luz dividiendolas en los tres colores basicos, es decir lo que esta quemados son los esjos ditroicos.

• alfredo jara cobo Feb 02, 2011

hola amigo, gracias por explicar, tengo el mismo problema, me puedes ayudar tengo los dos quemados, el verde y el rojo, mi preguta cual es el codigo de estos polarizados, como vienen en la misma presentacion o hay que cortarlos, no conozco nada sobre este material, ¿que es eso del angulo de 45 grados, ellos vienen con goma, es decir como lospido ya que entre en la pagina q dices pero no encuentro los de colores, gracia.
    [email protected]