Menu

Hillarys Blinds  -  Perfect fit blinds

A
Author of the complaint
3:26 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was replacing my existing blackout roller blind with perfect fit blinds. I had discussed at length with my consultant that the light seepage at the side of the blackout blind was quite annoying, as my neighbours have solar lights on all night. He recommended the perfect fit blinds. Whilst reviewing the fabrics he suggested the Marco fabric which I was pleased to find also came in blackout. At the time I didn't note the name of the blackout version so I signed the order form and ordered the blinds. Once installed, I was disappointed to see that they were not blackout. My consultant said this was what I had ordered and left.
As my husband is extremely sensitive to light at night, he has had several weeks of disturbed sleep.
Over the next 3 weeks I made numerous calls to the Hilarys team and they were unable to provide any resolution, referring me back to the consultant. The consultant revisited my house and viewed the blinds. He acknowledged that the Marco Blackout version had a different name and that indeed I had discussed the light issue with him. He stated however that if the mistake was made by the consultant, they would be personally out of pocket for any refunds/exchanges, and the cost of my 8 blinds was approximately £1000. He said he would go away and see what he could do. After a few days he informed me that he couldn't refund/exchange for free, but he could provide a £400 discount on any future blinds I get done.
I was left feeling like this was my mistake, but my only mistake here was not to double check the consultants work when he placed the order. I know for a fact now that he selected the wrong fabric name in error as he was quite aware that I wanted blackout blinds. I am unhappy with the treatment I have received as Hilarys have furnished nearly all my windows and I have already spent several thousand with this company. The whole experience has been quite upsetting for both myself and my husband.

1 comments
M
Nov 15, 2021 9:56 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered a motorised awning costing £3, 876 in July this year 2021, got it fitted end of October after chasing them about 11 phone calls, they sent a surveyor out to measure where it was going, when eventually it was fitted it was put up on my next door neighbours boundry wall by 40cm, she has now got local councillor involved and her family, it’s not our mistake we didn’t measure Hillary’s did, it’s making me quite ill, now after sending several photos of the awning on her wall, and all other information they required, it’s still not being sorted I think I’m going to ask X-ray to step in or citizens advice, bad communication with company

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

62 complaints