HGTV Channelprogramming

R Review updated:

I have watched hgtv since it's inception. However, i'm not thrilled with the current programming. Gone are the gardening and decorating/design shows! While I watch the scott brothers a lot, they seem to dominate the channel! I just saw that yet another "flipping" show is coming on! Enough already!! You guys really need to get more imaginative with programs!!!

• X
      Jul 23, 2017

I completely agree. There is no diversity on HGTV any more. Repeats day in and day out of Fixer Upper, Property Brothers and a show I find completely obnoxious, Flip or Flop. Now there are 4 or 5 NEW pretty couples flipping houses for their own financial gain. HGTV used to address the homeowners needs, the potential homeowners needs and had helpful shows for people of all financial backgrounds to make the most out of thir homes. There were even shows to help renters! Now it's a channel of greedy people doing tacky flips for their own purposes. Flip or Flop and now Flip or Flop Las Vegas are seriously the worst, tackiest shows yet. Please consider going back to the days of designs and helpful hints. And lastly, not everyone is interested in all these COUPLES! Some of us are happily single and would like to see that demographic given some air time. Don't forget those of us that have been watching HGTV since it's inception.

• S
      Aug 07, 2017

WHERE ARE ALL THE DESIGN SHOWS? THEY USE TO DOMINAYE THIS CHANNEL. NOW ITS ALL FLIP AMD FIXER UPPER SHOWS. NO DESIGN WHATSOEVER. NO DESIGN STAR COMPETITION.
    HGTV IS NOT WORTH WATCHING ANYMORE.

• R
      Sep 20, 2017

HGTV tends to not do a variety of shows. They had a hit with Fixer Upper then flooded the network with cheap flip it shows. Cannot stand any of them EXCEPT Fixer Upper and Property Brothers shows. The network would be great if they had variety and not copy cat shows. I will stop watching when I see the last Fixer Upper show. That was a tremendous loss and wish HGTV prevented it. Fixer Upper was more than a renovation show it was family and NONE of your other shows pull it all together like the Gaines family.

Feb 11, 2018

I am so sick of FIXER UPPER and how stupid Chip acts. Their work has also become very repetitive. FIXER UPPER has run an over 24 hour marathon in our area, so of course we have NOT been watching. What ever happened to shows like CURB APPEAL?

•   Feb 24, 2018

I felt comfortable having hgtv on in my home but some of your adds for other networks and movies are grossly inappropriate. The “Fifty Shades Freed” ad was on continually until it finally premiered on Valentines Day super trashy ad). That’s finally over and now I’m dealing with a disgusting preview of some CBS upcoming series with inappropriate kissing, violence and sexual shower scenes, etc... I must ask...are you kidding me?!! We don’t watch TV on a regular basis, but why would my children be victimized with such filth on home and garden television? I guess it’s not a “kids” network but I have always considered it safe for families. My husband has stopped having hgtv on in his dental office waiting room. Please reconsider your ads after considering these thoughts. I know that I sound angry. I’m honestly just s mom trying to keep my children pure of heart while we watch house renovations. Thank you for reading and God bless

• S
      May 01, 2018

I agree property brothers and fixer upper is on each and every day for atleast 6 to 7 hours. I used to like these shows but im sick of them. Please quit driving them into the ground!! Please more variety n wheres the landscaping shows.

• R
      Aug 11, 2018

We have been faithful views since its inception. We have seen some of our favorites deleted like comparing property values in different markets, how much homes cost in different regions, design ideas, and more variety indicated on this attached viewing review site.

Mostly we loved House Hunters International but we no longer watch it. Instead of exploring the different homes spaces like the bedrooms and bathrooms and basements and greenspaces and kitchens, etc., the new format is thin and repetitive. Now you waste viewing time revisiting comments of potential buyers or renter and repeat clips as much as 4 times per show. All the while, you ignore significant spaces like kitchens, baths and areas that are critical for home and apartment consumers and of interest to all viewers.

This is lazy programming, disrespectful to viewers and the reason HGTV is no longer on our viewing schedule in our CA home. Shame on you!

May 25, 2019

I used to watch HGTV and learn something. Now with the constant repeats of those Scott brothers and that 'so tired' "Fixer Upper" which is on between the two programs a good six to seven hours a day. I no longer watch the channel. I am so tired of hearing the same thing from the Scott brothers with "Oh No, this is going to cost you extra." If I had a contracted that didn't know about these "Surprises"... then the two Scott Brothers should foot the cost of the extra repair. I don't know who your directors are on either one of these two VERY TIRED programs, but they should go back to directing school or learn how to do something the public would enjoy watching for a change. It is the same script every time. Let me finish up with the program Desert Flippers. the most sickening program I have ever watched. Eric spends the entire episode telling his "Perfect wife" how wonderful and attractive she is. Give us a break. Sickening. it is definitely something I DO NOT WATCH.

If i could cancel HGTV from my Dish satellite package. I certainly would. HGTV has become Such a let down.

Dec 16, 2019

I agree with all the above comments. I use to enjoy the designers' shows and the outdoor fixers, fix the block and the show that helped renters make their apartment interesting. I don't watch the Scott brothers nor do I watch the Flip or Flop...that show was sickening as we were informed of the controvery of their divorce. The lottery dream house isn't appropriate and the host is sickening to watch with his tattos and strange clothes and his comments to the lottery winners. This channel has "gone down the tubes". I don't know who does the programming but your need to replace them. I enjoy Flea Market Flip but those episodes are few and far between. I am almost giving up on your channel.