Heald CollegeFraud and cheating

L

Last August I called heald to get some information about their Medical Assisting Program. I spoke with Michael Hendricks who later became my admission counselor. During our meeting I informed that I am going to be transferring to City College of San Francisco, so I asked him if credits are transferable. He said it is and i should not worry because Heald is an accredited school. So after talking to him about my goals and plans he wanted me to take the placement test and get started right away because he said that theres a class that will be starting in a week. So I went ahead and signed up. I finished one quarter and decided to transfer to City College in spring. Last week (First week of December) I went to city college of SF to register for Spring and I brought my transcript from heald with me. I went to the matriculation office and found out that they do not accept credits from Heald College. I contacted Heald right away and complained. I was transfered to the President. I spoke to the president of san francisco campus and he said he was going to investigate the problem. He said to write him a letter and put all my complaints in the letter. So I did and sent it last thursday. Monday, I didn't get any call from them. So I called tuesday to follow up, and the president was in a meeting so I left a message n his voicemail. No response. I called again today (wed) and again president was in a meeting so I left another message and the receptionist took my email address. Check my email an hour ago and I got a letter from president. he said that I signed a disclosure form that had the info about credit transfers. I wrote him another email about that disclosure form. I said that the admission counselor told me to initial it and he said that 'the information in this form (handed me the doc) is what we just went over. So I didn't bother to read all of the info in the form. I didn't want them to get away with this because I've been misinformed, took out loans to pay for class that I don't even need because I'm going to have to retake all the class again. All in all it is the admission counselors fault for giving me wrong information. So far I'm still fighting to get my refund and I will not let them step on me.

ALAN UPSET Feb 23, 2009

Heald set you up with student loans and put you in to many classes, when you are not up to doing that much work. The person Kelly in Hayward got loans for my girl friend who had no job or way of ever paying the loans. Which I just found one statement for over $6, 000. She could not complete the first classes so they changed her to accounting classes which she had problems with.
    They did tell her she could work at Heald part time or they would help her find her part time work. Well it never happened and now she still has no job and the punks want to be paid even though they did not do what they said they would.

WATCH OUT FOR SCHOOLS LIKE THIS THEY MAY BE OF HELP TO SOME BUT OTHERS GET STUCK WITH STUDENT LOANS THEY CAN'T PAY

ALAN UPSET Feb 23, 2009

HEALD SUCKS

• St
    stillnotjob Mar 09, 2009

Heald is full of false promises. I recently graduated from the Medical Billing and Coding program and only 2 of the students were hired and that is because they were hired from their intern sites. The rest of us DO NOT HAVE JOBS to pay back student loans. The only emails I have received from Heald is for job positions for such as counselling for mens addictions who are in prison, bouncer positions in bars, clerical postions with 2-3 years experience, check cashing places and every thing but medical billing. Oh, and if a position does come open, they won't hire you unless you know Spanish (of course, Heald does not teach Spanish). My prayers go out to all of you that have been victimized by Heald and hopefully we will be blessed with better jobs soon and Heald out of business.

• Bu
    BurnThemDown May 06, 2009

I can' t tell you how much I despise Heald! I went there for my Associates in Computer Science Degree (BullS*!t). Did I learn about computers...sure, did I get a piece of paper that says I have a degree. . . yes, is it good for anything...uh NOPE!

The job placement is a joke, the degree is not real, but the amount you have to pay back is. I would say if you are ever planning on transferring to a new school, sorry(stay away from Heald). If you think they will help you get a job that you could not get without going to Heald, your wrong (stay away from Heald). If you just want to increase your knowledge, meet a few new friends, and pay a lot of money to do it, Heald is for you.

Oh and I Graduated in 1999, was (fulltime) jobless for 2 years, then finally got a real paying job usign the skills I learned well after I graduated. Wanted to take my degree to another school and they laughed at me. Starting from scratch

Logicandreason May 28, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blah. Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance. Thats what I and any educated, inteligent person just read. Accountability- an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions.

• Go
    goheald2009! Jun 06, 2009

The first thing my advisor told me was that they do not promise jobs and that no college can. Now that I just graduated from SJSU, I have to say he was right. Nobody at State has handed me a job. Hard work and realistic exectations go a long way. I have several interviews and all of the exerience from my job that I got because of Heald. I would encourage anyone interested in getting an AA degree to go to Heald. I had a great exerience.

Loke808lani Jul 06, 2009

I am in my 4th quarter at heald i told them that I wanted my AA when i first went to talk to an advisor they did not say that I would need to go an extra 2 quarters to get my AA. For the amount of time I would be going is that it would take to go to a regular college. so now I am getting my AAS and paying over 4, 000 a quarter so now I guess i have to stick it out and pay more then i intended so i can get my AA and they say all the credits can be transfered, but i dont know if i believe that. I advise anyone to NOT go to heald college.

• Ap
    Apple Lady Aug 05, 2009

While Heald is an accredited college it is not on the same "level" as a junior college. I went to Heald back in 1994-1996 and classmates would complain that none of the credits earned at Heald were transferrable. I'm not happy with Heald right now because of their sucky career placement program. Lifetime career help MY ###!!!

Joe N. K. Aug 12, 2009

I agree, taking the time to investigate the school and talk with people who have graduated from there is sound but in the end, you have to make a choice about your education and so I did with Heald. The placement counselor said Heald grads make upwards of $35, 000 a year starting pay (1996 dollars and was fine since I was making about $23, 000 at the time) and that they are in demand all throughout the electronics and computer technology field. I graduated from there in 1996 with not the best grades but above average. They said they would help me find a job using that degree I slaved for, all while working full time the whole time as well, but they never did. They did set up some interviews but one of the companies they sent me to was going out of business which made no sense and another address they sent me to did not exist. Of the rest of the interviews I was told politely that my degree from Heald really didn't mean much and if I didn't have experience to go hand in hand with the paper in the fancy blue booklet that I was out of luck. I have worked in the electronics industry and am employed now but only due to never giving up but a lot of temp jobs later and about 13 years to be exact I finally land a great job. Unfortunately I have paid little on the $15, 000 the school cost due to the low wages I have only been able to grab hold of and now I owe $25, 000 which on the graduated program I am on to pay back means I will have paid $58, 000 on and be age 61 when I finish. So all in all, even when you do your best to be informed about the school you can still make a grave error. Don't go to Heald. It will likely cost you more than you ever realized. As for the guy screaming ignorance and accountability don't come off like you're perfect there buddy, ...I'm sure if the truth were known you'd have some interesting skeletons to parade around.

• Mi
    Mickey Jackson Aug 23, 2009

Heald is not respected. Don't waste your time or money. As for the accountability guy I bet you ten to one he or she works for heald. I hope the students they con bring a class action law suit against them and win. HEALD IS A SCAM.

• Fe
    fedupwithheald1 Oct 05, 2009

Heald is definitely a scam. The SF office particularly! I took two courses and the instructor couldn't find the time to post our grades or return graded assignments. Then they kept over charging me for classes I wasn't even taking. I was part time and they kept loading up my schedule with full time classes saying their computer system couldn't create part time schedules and they had to manually change them once you come in. Yeah right. Now months after I rolled all my loans up, they are saying I some how owe more money. Talk about FRAUD! If they don't correct this I plan on suing. I've had enough and regret all my time and wasted money with this fraudulent organization. Don't waste your time. Either go to a junior college or go to Univ of Phoenix.

• Fa
    Fantacmet Nov 04, 2009

Heald is a fine school and the degree is VERY real, and they are fully accredited. If their accreditation is a joke then so are the Ivy leagues. The issue you run into is the fact alot of other schools find out you went to a private school and make the assumption that the school has bogus accreditation as most private schools do. All this without taking a look into the accreditation. Alot of employers make the same assumption.

Another thing that has to be considered is the fact of the job market in your area for your degree. If there are no jobs available and you get your degree in that field, they are not magically going to be jobs opening up, that's just fantasy. The job postings that are being given to the above person are for in class students, not for graduates, you need to go to career services and talk to the head of the department about it.

Take a little responsibility and quit pissing and whining because of the public school pussies who whine that you went to a private school, and who have personal issues with private schools.

• Me
    Memory_07 Nov 25, 2009

Just about a day ago I got the call from Heald College requesting General Information from the internet. When he did call, he said just that first...So you're requesting general information, what would you like to know?

Whenever a school representative calls you, aren't they suppose to reel you in and make their school sound awesome from the rest?! Anyway..

I asked some of the questions I knew I wanted to know off the bat, but then ran out of things to ask...

Aren't you suppose be expressive about your school????

So I asked him, ''Can you tell me things in general about your school????" Knowing I couldn't get him talking unless I made him.

So...I told him I'm interesting in majoring in Dental Assisting and told him so. Then he says it certified by the dfkjdfhd National Board. I got the National Board part and knew what he was talking about. So I asked, " So you're certified by the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)???" Which is like recognized in 30 states! Then he says...

'Something about National Board...I don't know'.

What the ### does this tell me. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ### YOU'RE DOING CRAIG PANKOW!!!

Why the hell are you an Admissions Advisor?!

You are really not an engaging Advisor. Not personal about my plans. Don't offer advice! A representative who called me from Remington College was just awesome the way he threw information about his school to me.
    I'd really like to know since you don't even know what your Dental Assisting program is certified from.

• Go
    gosh Dec 13, 2009

just from reading these reviews i feel sick, i almost feel like crying. My dumbass want it to drop out on the third day of school, and they talk me out of it. Now in my second quarter i realize heald accepts anybody that wants a fast way out with a degree i mean anybody! I hate going every day having to think all the money i will have to pay. Just three days ago i went to talk to my advisor and once again she gave me a talk about staying. she told me to just finish it, that i was not ready to pay off a loan. (oh yes even if you were to drop out and never get a degree you still have to pay!) i'm doing criminal justice and honestly yes you want a degree fast but you don't learn ### so you might as well stay in a city college where you actually learn! i'm debating if i should stay and finish or just drop out and pay off the 9, 000 plus. ### i really screwed myself over. sounds nice when you first go in, but you need to experience your days in heald to realize F*CK YOU SURE F****D YOURSELF OVER! dam i regret it!

• Da
    davidzb Jan 02, 2010

I graduated in '97 from the San Jose campus. I did well there. I worked hard and went to all the job fairs. I got hired by INTEL before I graduated, making good money. $50, 000 plus overtime. Went to Lucent Tech and made more later. Now I own my own business. Things are good and I can tell you from my own experience, that you are what you make of it. My classmates all landed jobs too. O and by the way, the people that did fail while I was there were the ones who missed classes and expected something for nothing. I hate whiners.

jac_vol Apr 05, 2010

I am a student who has visited heald, i am not attending yet however. tomorrow i have an apt to assess, apply, and talk to financial aid...but after reading some reviews, i am kinda scared. i want someone to reply who is honest and has good advice for me. i thought the school sounded AMAZING, but it appears some of you have thought so too and it did not go well for you. but than some of you say it was a great experience. just dont know what to believe and only want what is best. i would like to get my degree in medical assisting and get it fast, and hopefully be able to move up from there. please help if you have any answers. i am currently enrolled in a city college and hope that classes are transferable.

• Da
    davidzb Apr 05, 2010

Sorry, I don't know much about the medical assistance field but if you can afford Heald and plan to really apply yourself I see know reason why you cant succeed. You have to check with the office about transfer units. When I went to Heald the tech boom was upon us and those of us who worked hard did well. Good Luck

• Iv
    ivantoe Apr 20, 2010

I'm a recent graduate of the Honolulu Campus, and I agree with some things here, but not all. In terms of cost I do feel Heald rips off their students. Thankfully, while there I busted my ### chasing scholarships and my $38k worth of student loans is now down to $1900.00. Though I received a letter from Heald saying they refunded $1300.00 to those loans but the bank says it never got the refund. In Honolulu Heald is accredited by WASC, the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and I was able to successfully transfer most of my credits to another university for their undergraduate program. Just because a school is accredited does not mean another school will take their credits. Which is one thing I disliked about Heald, as I have an AA in Philosophy from a Community College, and Heald wouldn't take anything.

In regards to the instructors, I think they are a mixed bag. I'd only say five of the teachers at the Honolulu Campus are worth attending class for. Many of them aren't worth a tenth of the cost of tuition. One teacher, didn't even cover the subject, and rambled on and on about the drugs he did in college, and made derogatory remarks about native Americans. Apparently the complaints come in repeatedly every term yet he still has a job. One of the I.T. instructors was even worse. When A student asks a question the instructor should NOT be looking through the book for 10 minutes to answer that. One of the deans is probably the worse by far. He always talks about how he grew up poor, and talks a big show, but in the end only hooks up students who come from his old neighborhood.

As for the better instructors: there was one I.T. instructor who was entirely hands on, we rarely opened the book, and when he did lecture, he spoke about theory, and made his own labs, homework assignments, and exams to test and apply what we learned. I had one general education instructor who is a published magazine author, who took notice of students abilities and adjusted the curriculum to challenge me and other more advanced students, and went with the Heald mandated one for everyone else, and yes other students complained at first until they found out I was doing three times the assignments they were. I had one accounting instructor who's day job was as a CPA for the Department of Defense, he also used more a practical than book based approach.

Heald is like any other school, a mixed bag, you get out what you put in. AS far as their career services department, I think that they need to get their act together. No one in that office agrees with each other, even about how a student's final resume should look.

chrismarler4 Apr 20, 2010

Message for davidzb: Heald is expensive but they have more to offer. They have free tutoring (when available, thats been a problem for me), free learning center (very good), awesome teachers (except one), but their over-all support is poor. I recently ran into some problems to the point I was ready to quit it all. I complained to various people, even their corporate offices in SF. No resolution. No one really cared if I quit or not. That hurt.

However, I completed my quarter with all A's and I honestly feel smarter (coming from an old mans point of view). As far as transferrable credits; it is up to the college you are transferring to that accepts those credits. Recently I called Diablo Valley College to inquire about transfering my credits, she told me that they do accept Heald credits but they will need to see a transcript first. Honestly, I'm glad I chose Heald but I anticipate future problems with the academics.

Oh, FYI, dont do their online courses. LOTS of work... Chris

chrismarler4 Apr 20, 2010

Oh I forgot to mention. Be prepared for extreemly warm classrooms (too hot for me) and dressing up in professional wear (ties once a week). I hate wearing ties.

• Re
    retertert May 25, 2010

I am earning my Master's in Molecular/Cell Biology from UC Berkeley and all of you are a bunch of idiots! I will make more in a week than you all will in a year and our degreed cost about the same thing! LOL!

• Wu
    wuera Aug 05, 2010

The finacil aid specialist Joe at heald college san francisco told me i would only owe 3 thousand, but in reality what she ment was 3 thousand per quarter. If i would have know this i would have never finished this school. they are liars and just try to get your money.

• Di
    DisAPpOinteD_stUdenT Sep 07, 2010

To jac_vol, if I were you, I wouldn't attend Heald College. They're a bunch of [censor]ters...The teachers sucks..they don't even know what they are talking about..you have teacher who are not even an expert in the field that they are teaching you. When you askeed questions about the subject that are being taught to you, the teacher tries to find a way out of the question by telling you something totally different. I just graduated in April 2010 and was advised on the day of signed off that I owed Heald College $681.00 because the school didn't borrowed enough money to cover my whole cost at Heald. I was put on a $200 something dollar plan which needed to be pay off in 3 months if I didn't want any interest added to my loan with Heald College. And so I made my first payment on August 2, 2010. On Sept. 1, 2010, I called Heald College to make my second payment, Shirley in Financial Aid told me that my account with Heald College was closed because I wasn't on top of my payments. I told her that I'm one day early in making my paymnt for the month of Sept. so I don't know what she is talking about. She then askes for my student Id number and said, "Oh, your account has been transferred to our Corporate office in San Francisco." You owed $1681.00. I advised her per the contract I signed when I exist Heald College, I only owed $681.00 and don't see why I can owed another $1, 000. She went on about why I owed that much and asked that I go see them and rewrite my contract. I told her I don't have time to go back and forth to Heald College to do that. Long story short, she said the corporate office was going to mail me a letter and I can make arrangement with them instead. I asked if I didn't make a payment for Sept, if Heald was going call me or send me notices for non-payment for the month of Sept., she said "no, because your account is closed."

Then on Sept. 3, 2010, I received a letter from Heald College in Hayward advisng that I owed them money and the full amount was due. I contact the number on the letter which went to the campus in Hayward. When the girl answered, she told me I need to contact the number on the letter which starts with a 415 area code. I told her the letter says to contact the 510 area code number and that was actually what I did. She transferred me to Shirley again. Shirley then stated, who told you to contact me..stupid, right..what the f... I went through the whole situation agian with her. She now said she never told me my account was closed and never advised me that I was not going to get any letter from Heald College in Hayward nor phone calls.. she told me to meet with her on Today (Tuesday, 9/7/10) to rewrite my contract.

Yeah, like I'm going to waste my time going back to Heald and rewrite my contract and pay them more than what I owed. Forget you, Heald College. I highly not recommend HEALD COLLEGE for anyone. They're just bloodsucker and they'll suck everything out of you if you let them. HEALD COLLEGE IS NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY GOING!!!

• Wo
    Wonder Mom Sep 07, 2010

My twenty year old son who wants to be a sports medicine doctor and someday own his own business, went to heald last week for an assessment. I get a call from him in the counselors office saying the guy wanted him to call his parents huhm? My son tells me they are enrolling in a "medical assistant" program to the tune of over $30, 000 and that it will apply toward his medical degree??????? I have him put the counserlor on the phone who tells me he assessed my son (after me sharing with him that my son could get some of his general courses at a Junior College and save a small fortune). He says the assessment showed my sone was above Junior College level. Come to find out, the assesment was a just a bunch of questions about his interest. No curriculumn involved????? My son struggled in high schoolwith a learning disabiity. I ask the guy how was becoming a medical assistant going to apply toward a medical degree. He tells me that my son expressed someday he wants to have his own practice in sports medicine and becoming a medical assistant and taking business courses, he will be able to reach these objectives. After I let the idiot know, that I am a student in an acredited University and that his sister graduated Berkeley and is now at Stanford. He became very uncomfortable talking to me. He let me know "they were in the process of enrolling him"??????? Of course I had him put my son on the phone. Not wanting to bust his bubble, I told him to not rush bring home the program information and let them know we would get back to them. Someone from their financial aid department contacted him again and set up an appointment for him to come in today...just to obtain information on financing. My son went. Again, did not want to discourage him. I get a call from financial aid with my son there asking me for my soical security number and 1099 etc. etc. "since I would be the one primarily responsible for the loan" WHAT LOAN...? I told her they were moving to fast and I had seen no literature on the school and knew nothing of their tuition schedule and asked how much would this cost, she told me she would have to run my credit first? IS TUITION BASED ON INCOME NOW? I informed her my son had not even completed a FAFSA application, how could she evn tell us at this point what the EFC (expected family contribution be). She told me he did not need to feel out a FAFSA. We would cross that road if the loan did not cover the full tuition (which she did not have any figures, not even a round about). My son sat there heartbroken hearing us on the phone telling me "look, if you don't want to contribute towards your sons education that is between you and your son". He is hearing this and in the background "mom". She played on his desire to pursue and education. Again, like the other gentlman, I had to inform her I was familiar with college funding and that we should not be applying for a blind loan especially not being given a tuition schedule or filling out his FAFSA. She said "well, you could waist his time having him make a trip to you to review the package (I was requesting), or you can let him fill it out now while he is here! Her ethics were deplorable and dispicable. My son is heart broken and thinks I was not hearing her out and that he did not need FAFSA, "They are going to give me $15, 000 a year mom". Now she has numbers. Mind you my son is back on the phone now and she is in the background filling his ear while I am trying to convince him he has time and there was no rush that justified me applying for a loan that moment or being able to research the school and see enrollment recommendationn etc. etc. What kind of school does hat to a kids dreams. Yes, he is twenty... so if you are saying he is a grown man...why did again, they insist on speaking to aparent? They want to make you liable for a loan that is not in the best interest of your child. This woman was very combative with me on the phone, and needless to say, sent him with no documents for me to review. He is heart broken. "PARENTS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND" They need to be put out of business. And, none of the credits from the Business Degree or Medical Assistants Degree would have benefited my son and it pertained to becoming a medical doctor. Shame on you Heald. SHAME, SHAME SHAME. He will just have to get over it. You will not a get a dime from us!

• Sc
    screwedbyheald09 Nov 12, 2010

Heald's Stockton campus is said to be one of the top campuses in there organization, that's because it has high enrollment, and a good amount of them are idiots. Ignorance isn't bliss! I foolishly enrolled in heald's medical insurance billing and coding program and it was a huge mistake! I worked hard and got good grades and stiil nothing! I've looked for work, applied for every position I was told by an instructor who will remain nameless, that used the skills we were, "taught". But not even an interview! Those of you who were able to succeed from attending Heald. Congratulations! Acquiring a job in good times is easy when companies need employees, but when times are tough and good skills and a good education mean a lot good luck finding a job with a Heald degree. Their nothing more then shady used car salesmen, please sign on the dotted line, make sure you attend class for the first few weeks so you can't get out of your contract. I mean who signs a contract like that to get an education?! Heald is not an exclusive college, they will take anyone! They only require "real world experience to teach there, most the teachers I had were idiots, one was a 40 something club promoter who dated 21 year old students, did ecxtasy an drank like a fish. The only thing he cared about was getting students to go out to the club! 90% of the things he said was [censor] and taking the supposed highly excepted certification exam this instructor proctored for some off the wall organizatio is pointless and a waste of time an money. No legitimate medical coding organization or proffessional billing and coding employer excepts or has ever heard of the certified medical reibursement specialist exam. Now mind you this was about 18 months ago that I finished attendind heald college stockton, ca. So I don't know if these is now an excepted certificate, but I doubt it. To get to the point, heald has used the economic down turn to benefit only there organization, this is my opinion, there are few credits you can transfer from heald to a community or uc, or csu. The smartest and hardest working people the want to hire, the people that will conform to there ways of doing business. I know several people who got some good from heald, but. I know even more that have not, including myself. To those who went to heald and succeeded, wonderful! But to those of us that are still trying to succeed, don't think we are whiners or just breezed on through heald not working hard, don't be so quick to judge. I worked hard, got good grades and so far all I have to show for my hardwork, time and money is a worthless piece of paper! Thank you so much Heald!

• Mi
    Mike i783 Nov 13, 2010

The coursework that you take towards an AAS Associate of Applied Science Degree are not, I repeat! are not transferable to a local Traditional Community College! So essentially, yes, you will have to start all over again from the beginning.

• Pr
    Princess20 Nov 19, 2010

Hello, well I am currently working on my AA at HEALD COLLEGE. I graduated with my AAS in Business Administration and Criminal Justice and currently looking for a job. The career services people do really help and I have had couple of interviews. I was offered a job but couldn't fit the hours in my schedule, So far I have applied to University’s and they have accepted me so, I currently look forward on transferring in spring. I talked to counselors from the universities and they said they do accept some courses from the AAS and the whole AA classes I do recommend Heald College it’s a great school and I will let you guys know what classes they do accept on my orientation date :)

SickAboutIt Jan 03, 2011

Its the way Heald goes about luring their students in that is wrong! Its the Lies they tell you to get you to sign for those loans, heald is a carreer school that is their mission. It is not like any other college like some of you mention, It cost about 4, 500 to got to an Ivey league college, that is cheaper than Heald! Are you kidding me! their degrees are bogus, and for that price and all the units not to be transferable come on! I would like to get some people together to file a class action lawsuit.

SickAboutIt Jan 03, 2011

I am ready to make a class action lawsuit! How can their tuition be higher than an Ivey league college not to mention 90% of their classes are not transferable. I got proff and information for myself on the false information they have given to me.

SickAboutIt Jan 03, 2011

princess20 City, community, Universaties and state colleges have GE (general Education) Breadth Forms. California State University General Education Breadth (CSU/GE Breadth) - accepted by all CSU’s, this option allows full certification (completion of all requirements) or partial certification (completion by area).
    you don't have to wait to know what will transfer, I found out the hard way but went to heald for 2 quarters and now attend city college. www.assist.org is their requirements. However heald will not be on that list, not to mention that on the fafsa.gov heald has a transfer rate of 0% most of the advisors who work for heald are lied to as well and work off commision they are merley puppets for corporate. Heald should stick to their "promises" of being a Carreer College and nothing more. the fight should go up against corporate! there are more than enough people who can be apart of this old student and current!

• Re
    reality101 Jan 21, 2011

you guys all suck. blaming others for your mistakes always looking for a loop hole to blame someone else. you guys are all [censor]s. no one made you sign the papers and to be honest you all sound like check chasers trying to scam the schools system. go do something with your life. work for money instead of trying to act that you are going to school for an education when you know that you are only there for the checks.

mahea Feb 02, 2011

I have been in the pharmacy technician program for a year and they had just asked me to resign from my major because i didn't pass a criminal history back ground check. They informed me about two months ago that I would have to do a back ground check at that time I informed my advisor that I had a DUI 4years ago. She told me that there was a lot of students in my same position and that we would work it out when the time comes. Which gave me a false hope that everything was going to be okay. When the back ground check came back it said that I had failed because of a petty misdermenor. When I returned to school I get kicked out of my program that I had been in for a whole l year. I was suppose to graduate in 6 months. They did not in form me of this background check when I singed up for school in jan of 2010. Now I dont know where to go form here. I wasted a whole year and thousands of dollars. I demanded a refund and they denied it. But I wont stop fighting for it. I would not recommend heald college for anyone.

locoloco Feb 16, 2011

All you winers. I go to heald. I have my problems with them. Yeah they piss me off. But its like everything else. you take the good withthe bad. Some of you people need to grow up. The student loans are federal loans. Heald only charges for the quarter you go to school. You dont have to take and you do you dont have to start paying it back until your out of school for six months; not just Heald, Any school so contunie your education. Heald also list partner schools that take there credits plus some of these schools have credit charts online that tell you haw certain calasses transfer. Do your reasearch people. As for the people wining about job placement did you reasearch the job market befor you chose your major. If there are 10 schools in the city offering medical assistant jobs and there are 3 major hospitals, you might want to have a back up plan. Alson career services keeps a file of job listings and preferred partners on file in the office. Did you ever take your lazy butt down there and look. You have to help them help you. Dont expect these things to fall from the sky. and dont forget the economy. You ever heard of bad timing. Go back to schools while you jobless and you dont have to worry about those loans and by all means take some responsibility for your decisions. Last, Heald curriculam pretty musch throws you into the classes for you major right away; usually there is no math and engliish and history loaded into one quarter. It may be english and computers and digital electronics. If you transfer without you degree the school may give you credits for english and maybe computers but not digital electronics. bottom line its up to the school you are transfering to. As fot the people posting on behalf of friends and family, Students nust sign a form that tells heald what to do with unused loan monek, apply it to the loan of pay it to the student. Whic one did your familu memner choose. Im sure i know which one. Take responsibility for you decisioins.

Signed Current Heald Student

SandaKhot Feb 24, 2011

All i can say is, it's not the school it's the person that decides wether they push on with their degree or not. I know a few classmates that has recieved a great job after graduating from heald because they made it happen, it's not HEALD's responsibility to hand you a job right after you graduate, it's your life handle it. If you fail after graduating, then there's no one to blame but yourself. If HEALD is a scam then why would it be one of the top accredited school in the U.S. I'm currently enrolled for my 6th quarter in Stockton campus(because im only going part time) and im enjoying my time here, i'm learning a lot in a short period of time. The instructors here helps me a lot with school problems and personal problems. So whoever is complaining about Heald must be ignorant and expects Heald do magic and give them a job, rather than going out to find a job themselves.

Maddyjay Feb 24, 2011

I just have to say that I'm pretty amazed at everyone's posts. I attended Heald after being tossed around at a community college. I received by AA there and went on to get my BA. I did have a problem with transfering some credits. I am working on my Masters now so I COMPLETELY understand how you all feel about paying $$$. I was lucky to receive scholardships and financial aid while attending Heald.

Just make sure you do read all the fine writing and if you are going to Heald as a means to another college (first person on here) I would suggest you contact that school first and see if they take Heald credits. Some colleges take some of the classes. For example, at Heald I took an English class that focused on world cultures. Although for Heald it was a 6 unit course and satified those two requirements, I needed by SYLLABUS to prove to the CAL State college that I already had those requiremetns filled. KEEP YOUR SYLLABUS FROM ALL OUR CLASSES while going to HEALD. My instructurs that I had at Heald all told me that and it paid off in the end.

• Ka
    kaur_10 Mar 16, 2011

i was planing to go to heald for dental assistant program so i called them, they told me to come in. They told me that today is te last day to sign up for classes, so i decided to do it, I also told her that i want to do my FASFA FIRST to see how much im going to be paying before i do start going to HEALD and she told me yeah yeah we can do dat!!! Because i didnt wanted to pay $22 grand, so i said okay. Then one of my friend told me dat i should go to r.o.p and its only 850 plus 50 for books THATS all, After 2 days later of me going to class i decided to go to R.O.P not Heald, so i told my admission that im not going to be coming in she said Okay just come in and sign ur drop out paper or whatever. So the next day i called her and told her im not going to be coming in, den my teacher and the r.s started calling so my mom called them back and made sure that they have droped me and they said okay we will. So a weak after they started calling again... asking why im droping, theywere trying to talk me out of it and that didnt work, but it made my droping period longer so NOW i have to pay 2778.92 for the 2 days of shool i have attendant [censor], my Parents are realllly mad at me know. i wish i never signed up for heald and never went to those 2 days of class. they were also going to tell you you that ohhh u dont have to pay anything.. ummm yes you do its not free, if you take out loans ur ganna have to pay the intrest and thats 7% BUT for houses is only 4%... they just want your money thats it and the accredit bull [censor] they talk about is A LIE with those gpa ohlone dosent even accept SO HOW IS DAVIS going to ACCEPT they all are liers trust me.
    im not ganna let them take my money for their fault HELL NO.

Alejandra Zaragoza Mar 30, 2011

I can't explain how I feel after finding what Heald did to me I'm going through the same problems and I want to take legal actions but I don't know where to start if anyone can help me out with some information I will really appreciate. Alejandra Zaragoza

• Am
    Amilcar May 16, 2011

This is my 5th quarter at Heald and I'm sorry to say, but I feel not ready to enter the Construction Management field. It's true that they estate an up-growing salary after graduating with an AAS degree, they say you can earn a 40k; what I'm upset with, because I used to work in construction with a non union company as a finish carpenter and my salary was 50 - 60k a year. after all my degree doesn't count, as I start searching for a job and most of the CM positions are requiring 2-3 years of experience and haven't see not even one offer including an AAS degree, all the positions want a Bachelor CM or architectural/engineering degree.

My hope is that I can be transfer to a better college and get teach better...as probably seen my English skill still far enough to fulfill professional level; as many undergraduates or graduates from Heald...wishing some luck to at least get back to my previous job to pay my loans...that is going to round about 35k when finish to pay in 10 years if get to that point.

• Hm
    hmmmwow May 24, 2011

heald representative, over the phone, totally lied to me, and wanted to tell me they had sonography, but was a total lie, and demanded that i come in to his office to show him whether or not i was a "good fit" for his school, or that they wouldn't tell me further. i recorded mark over the phone at the roseville location. They are a pack of liars. and i have it on my iphone.

• Th
    Thatisashame Jul 08, 2011

Boy! I read of these comments and I have to say I agree about heald college misleading people. For the students or staff that defend Heald College. I get it, but if students only knew what is said or done behind closed doors. The complaints are not just about getting a 'good job". The reps are trained to mislead students, the point about how they told students that credits are transferrable and they want you to intial what they just explained to you about transferrable credits so that you won't read it. it's part of the scam, even instructors talk about how students are being scammed in the lunch room. as soon as the President walks in they shut up, even students who score low on the placement test, the rep ingnore that also, when you attend class, if the education seems a little off? it's because they instructors are told to provide a "low quality of education, " credits are not transferrable even to Sac State, look up Sac States website they have a list of schools they accept transferred credits. Heald College is not on that list.

So to those who defend Heald College, all the negative comments have value to them. That is why there is law suits against these schools. Sorry, but open your eyes.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices