Heald CollegeFraud and cheating

L

Last August I called heald to get some information about their Medical Assisting Program. I spoke with Michael Hendricks who later became my admission counselor. During our meeting I informed that I am going to be transferring to City College of San Francisco, so I asked him if credits are transferable. He said it is and i should not worry because Heald is an accredited school. So after talking to him about my goals and plans he wanted me to take the placement test and get started right away because he said that theres a class that will be starting in a week. So I went ahead and signed up. I finished one quarter and decided to transfer to City College in spring. Last week (First week of December) I went to city college of SF to register for Spring and I brought my transcript from heald with me. I went to the matriculation office and found out that they do not accept credits from Heald College. I contacted Heald right away and complained. I was transfered to the President. I spoke to the president of san francisco campus and he said he was going to investigate the problem. He said to write him a letter and put all my complaints in the letter. So I did and sent it last thursday. Monday, I didn't get any call from them. So I called tuesday to follow up, and the president was in a meeting so I left a message n his voicemail. No response. I called again today (wed) and again president was in a meeting so I left another message and the receptionist took my email address. Check my email an hour ago and I got a letter from president. he said that I signed a disclosure form that had the info about credit transfers. I wrote him another email about that disclosure form. I said that the admission counselor told me to initial it and he said that 'the information in this form (handed me the doc) is what we just went over. So I didn't bother to read all of the info in the form. I didn't want them to get away with this because I've been misinformed, took out loans to pay for class that I don't even need because I'm going to have to retake all the class again. All in all it is the admission counselors fault for giving me wrong information. So far I'm still fighting to get my refund and I will not let them step on me.

• Pr
    priscillaronan Oct 02, 2016

Invaluable suggestions, I am thankful for the analysis ! Does someone know if my business might get a template Heald College Transcript Request Form copy to edit ?

• Vo
    voodooriot Jul 21, 2014

Agreed. Heald is a SCAM. They literally spoon feed students answers to insure passing grades and hand out A's like Halloween candy. The classes are a joke. Out my graduating class I only know of one person who found work as a medical assistant, and we are all burdened with outstanding debt and credits no other school will accept.

• Wo
    Workiswork Apr 10, 2014

There are a lot of negative reviews. I was at city college and skyline and skyline isn't a very good school. Some Professors aren't very good at teaching the material and most of the students that go there aren't serious students. Yes, anyone can go to heald and for some of the people that you see that look like they just smoked weed or aren't dressed appropriately aren't very good students. You actually have to go to class and put I'm the work. When I signed up I had in mind, " I just want to finish fast so I can transfer to a state so I can finish faster" I finishing the program earlier than most students because I took classes at city college. And I went to states to check heald counts and if you go to USF's website you can see that they have heald on their list of transferring from. And healds credits count if you are doing the aa program not the certificate program.

• Hi
    Hiddy Jul 24, 2013

I think ima drop this stupid school y if you let them take your fuken money they wel take it I'm so mad at them I owed alot money already and I need alot still there fake we need do something

• Ap
    April 07 Heald Graduate Feb 07, 2013

Every student, different situations. You'll have some that takes advantage of the services and that has helped them succeed. You'll have those that runs into Financial Aid situations. Overall, as a graduate of April 2007, I was pretty pleased with my time at Heald. I took advantage of their challenge exams and passed many courses, saving me a whole quarter worth of tuition. When I received my overall bill, I only took out approx. $11K of loan for the 15 months that I was there.

As far as the job placement, I received at least three professional interviews within my program "Medical Office Administration" within three weeks after graduation and landed a job starting at $12 per hour. Not speaking for everyone but myself, I enjoyed my time at Heald and it continues to pay off today as I am already at $17 per hour within 6 years...

• Go
    GodisLove87 Sep 24, 2012

I was a student at Heald College. First I did the MIBC program, after I was done I couldn't find a job. All the posting job I can find is all medical assistant or you have to have both, so then I went back and decided to get my medical assisting with AAS Degree. After I graduated I started volunteer work and building a network of people where they can help me find a job. Now I work two jobs, my first job Heald actually help me find it, is at a Dr.'s office and the other job a friend of mind recommended me at a surgery center, and now that I have all this experience I'm getting more offer to other places. I'm going back to school to get my physician assistant soon. I'm not hoping or expecting that they will take any of my credit at Heald. But i know im getting the experience I need.

I feel everyone's concern and frustrations but you cant give up. Heald is not a bad school if you just used what you learned and apply it after your done. what i mean to that if you cant find a job do some volunteer work and start meeting people in your network. In my opinion any school would be a waste if you don't get up and not use what you learn. Schools teach, our responsibility is to go out and do it! God bless to all

• Ad
    adonga Sep 10, 2012

all of these people who have complaints NEED to contact the department of education! SERIOUSLY we can do something about the scams this college is doing. IF enough people report them to the department of education I think this college could get into huge trouble for the ### that they are pulling. I ALSO WENT THROUGH THAT BULL ###. The department of education's phone number is [protected]. That phone number will get you to at least a voice mail of a woman. Leave a message about how you need to speak to someone in the department of education concerning Heald college with your name and phone number. Then talk to a lady or gentlemen over there and explain all the unscrupulous behavior that has taken place!Please call it isn't fair for those after you to be taken advantage of in the same manner. There is also a way to file a formal complaint. http://www.sacscoc.org/pdf/081705/complaintpolicy.pdf

• Am
    AMandi Sep 06, 2012

Heald is a scam! I am battling it out with them right now. They promised me that my pell grant would go through, and yes I am eligible for pell. I started in April, I has filled out my fafsa for that student year back in JULY for the current year. All of my paperwork was supposedly going through the process...So I waited, and waited. And then the law changed regarding pell and I realized I wouldn't be able to finish up my degree there. So I spoke to the business department, I spoke to financial aid, I met the President of the college, I contacted the department of education, I also wrote a letter to the CEO of the college. All complaining about how long the filing for financial aid was taking. I had applied for the aid to be sent to Heald in April. It was August and they still had not processed the paperwork! I waited until they told me all the paperwork had gone through and that all the money from my financial aid had been applied to the previous quarter (bare in mind I wasn't keeping any of the money, I just wanted it to cover tuition for me). So once that was done and I had receipt saying it was finished I dropped. Only to get a bill for $2000 in the mail saying THEY HAD SENT IT BACK FOR THE PREVIOUS QUARTER!!! IT was already half way into their July quarter and prior to starting in April they promised my aid would be in sometime that same semester! Heald is a joke! A TERRIBLE college. NEVER go there if you can help it, they are a complete SCAM! Their credits don't transfer, they make you take useless classes, and oh, if you happen to have any paperwork they will lose it for months on end. THEY WILL DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNLESS YOU *HOUND* THEM. If you're currently dealing with them be a complete ### to them. Seriously, it's the only way to get answers and ask the same question 10 times if you have to! they withhold information! Maybe even pack a TAPE RECORDER record EVERY conversation you have with their representatives! to be used as proof that they lie their faces off to confuse students! I've been to other colleges, and NONE of them have treated me the same way heald did. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE COLLEGE!

Madhatter25 Aug 30, 2012

Im so glad I didnt sign my life away to this ridiculous excuse of a "school" I was interested in the MA program at the Hayward site but after doing a lot of research on this [censored]hole I opted not to apply. Instead I decided to go Bay area medical academy in SF. Cheaper and no interest payment plans. Like it was stated in previous posts Heald is a for profit school which means they want to pull as much money out of your pockets as they can. Good luck people! and dont forget to do your research and read the fine print before signing your life to these sob's

mae23 Aug 20, 2012

I totally agree!!!

• He
    Healdworstschoolever Jul 11, 2012

Heald is a scam they are dishonest and will lie to government officials to get your information to get you stuck in enrolling, I wish I would've never step foot there!!!

• Mi
    Michael R. Lopez Jun 28, 2012

After Heald switch from a Non-Profit to a For Profit and everything from there on they have been robbing us under your noses. I used to be a Student from 06-09 for a couple of semester it's perfect, but starting winter quarter 07 I heard that they were going for profit I said to me self " Ahh man I can't want to see my loans increase." and the Career Services is no help. I kept on sending them my resume and no freaking calls from the Career department saying that " Michael I've got you a interview at such and such, I give you the address where the job is at" not a word. When they said that people from different businesses were walking around the campus. What people I didn't see anybody.
    Do not go Heald College.

• Li
    Lizzy_Kacie May 30, 2012

i went to heald finnich in july of 2009 and noe have 30, 000 to pay but for a pice of paper. i could not find a job as a medical asstant so i went back to school and got my cna. they also dont know how to help you look for jobs when you move to a different state

• Ni
    Nina N. Jan 29, 2012

OMG. I wish should done some research before I applied to Heald..
    Right now I am is study in medical assi. at Heald concord. I took 1 mid course and I am is in my full term course right now. Everything seems fine so far, take my classes and heading home. All the directors here seems very nice and advisors. But everything else after I read all the reviews in here I am is starting to get worry and scare at the same time. Why? Because I just finish my High school and heading right to college and I am is unemployed.I am is very worry about my finance, I been working very hard to finding a job but I am is just out of luck :( . I do not know to what to do now. Should I quit? Or just continue study at heald and knowing not able to pay heald back. And I will not able to get a job after college? HELPPPPP

• Ni
    nicolebrownsowells Jan 18, 2012

Heald is scamming people and ruining lives!

• Ay
    aykekz Oct 27, 2011

I attended Heald in Honolulu in [protected] and must agree that it is a RIP OFF! Thankfully I could transfer my credits.
    BUT the thing that really pissed me off is that while I was attending Heald I paid for everything in FULL. I'm sure if I never I would have gotten a notice, and nope I never received one notice because everything was paid for...
    Now tell me why when I send in a transcripts request form they call me saying I OWE $400-$500 for who knows what...and I would have to pay in order to receive my official transcripts. I called to clarify if I did owe money and THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT'S FOR...which is why it's probably some B.S. that they made up because they want my money. Someone from the front desk said they will contact me in a day or two to verify it. NO CALL BACK ONE WEEK LATER. I give them a call and still the same answer. If this school is all about professionalism I wonder why my situation wasn't handled in a professional manner. This forced me to send in a complaint letter and another transcripts request form. Still no reply, now I have to take off of work just to drive down and see whats their problem. I am near the end of receiving my Bachelors and need my transcripts asap.
    All in all don't go to Heald, "get ahead" is so out played, just spend four years getting your BA it will be well worth it.

Karyn Heiner Oct 26, 2011

IN REGARDS TO THE COMMENT ABOVE, I AM SUMMARIZING THE JUST OF MY COMPLAINT AND THE TRUTH ABOUT HEALD COLLEGE. HEALD COLLEGE IS A RIP OFF, THEY ARE LIARS, AND THE BIGGEST LIE OF AL.L IS THAT THEY ARE NOT AN ACCREDITED COLLEGE AS THEY SWEAR TO BE, AND FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO LEND MONEY TO A COLLEGE THAT IS A
    FRAUD MAKES IT EVEN WORSE, THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAD AT LEAST CHECKED OUT THE SO CALLED COLLEGE FIRST,
    COME ON MORE OR OUR TAX MONEY WASTED AS USUAL, AND WASTED ALMOST A YEAR OF FULL TIME SCHOOLING FOR ME AND
    i WOULD NOT SAY THEY WERE ANY BETTER THAN A HIGH SCHOOL CLASS, IF THAT. KNOW WONDER A REAL COLLEGE WILL NOT EXCEPT THE CREDITS. YOU HAVE NOT HEARD THE LAST OF ME YET.
    KARYN HEINER

karyn heiner Oct 26, 2011

I am so happy to have come across this Post, I had taken 3 semesters and i need i more, but i was going to finish my last
    semester at Contra Costa College, so I thought. I was told that my credits were not transferable from Heald College, even after I
    tried to explain to Contra Costa College that I was assured and promised with out a doubt there would be no problems and my credits
    would be excepted. I Called Heald many times trying to speak with a counselor or someone, but I was unable to get through and my calls were not returned. I remember when I signed up at Heald and they them self stressed the part about transferring my credits, because
    that was my biggest concern. Every semester i paid for my books and my 3rd semester after two days of signing, i tried to drop one class
    out of (5 classes) and they said i can drop it but i was still charged for it. I am in San Diego now and I was living by Concord at the time were Heald was located. Even today I still get calls from someone wanting to collect something like 30, 000.00 dollars by now when it was down to a couple thousand. But these collectors told me i had to drive to up north get a attorney and find people that had the same issue i had before i had a leg to even stand on.
    Then for some reason this site had just popped up while i was on the internet, i am shaking so bad a the moment because i thought
    there was no hope for me, thank you so much for the person who had started this and those who have posted...I feeling there may
    be hope yet, at least now my family believes me, I could tell by the looks on there faces they did not know what to think. <3 <3
    Karyn Heiner

• Ne
    nepolyanna Oct 18, 2011

To Whom it May Concern:
    After reviewing your organization’s lack of transparency and commitment to greed, deceit, fraud and destruction of the financial and educational infrastructure of Californians most vulnerable population (the indigent un-educated, disabled and unemployed) I would like to propose a new deal, a limited partnership. My son will agree to saddle himself to a 33, 000 loan, he will pretend to be your student, you give him 24, 000 and keep 9, 000 for yourselves, and you don’t have to teach him anything.
    What do you think? You can just make 9, 000 for a couple or three hours work. He will get money he needs, that he will have to payback anyway, but he will actually get a benefit from the loan he is saddled up to. If you won’t agree to this proposal I guess we will decline admission to your “College”. We believe our proposal is fairer than yours. Your way he sees none of the money only the debt plus interest and the piece of paper you hand him after wasting 2yrs of his time is useless. Also he can use that money to go directly to Community college and receive an AA degree that is acknowledged by the business world and can be counted toward earning a BA. Additionally he can spend remaining money in our down turned economy on various goods and services (car, computer) thus re investing part of that loan to infuse the state with needed cash. Wow what a concept. Yes indeed you can “let
    Go” of most of your instructors. Just leave enough to keep the illusion going that real academics is thriving in your institutions. Rent lower profile properties. Your profit margin will soar. Now you just need a pool of tight lipped hungry individual’s willing to sign up for the loans. After all what is the difference half of them never finish the program anyway. The loans are still lent and still owed and if they do finish the program they have nothing worth what it costs. Lets just cut to the chase? What do you say??
    What you say No? Oh that’s right your organization is in the business of making a profit by systematically assaulting the financial integrity and educational skills of the weakened Californian labor pool. Oh yeah I forgot your company is a mole placed as tool disguised as an allay to the labor market and education system of California which actually operates as an enemy weakening our infrastructure and burdening the gullible with more debt, while teaching likely sub standard out of date material. Who has checked the credentials of the instructors? And who are these lenders? Is the Fed student loan programs that oblivious? No loans should be given by FED Govt for any AA degree or Certificate whose credits cannot be accepted by a Community College. Nobody even asked my "autistic" son to bring in his diploma to prove he graduated high School. The entrance exam he took they said had only one section that determined if he had the aptitude to be admitted to the school. That consisted of a reading segment of a ninth grade level. He needed to score a 50 to pass. He scored a 76 but his IQ is at 85. Is this perhaps why Heald AA degrees or certificats are not generally recognized by real educational institutions?
    Oh well I guess we will have to pass on joining the naive crew of sheep you have brain washed into carrying out your sinister plan while simultaneously lining your pockets. Gee who says American greed and capitalism is fading too bad your mothers never taught you how to share. I think you all went too far with the Entrepreneur program at a 34, 000 program fee. That has got to be the biggest joke of them all. What kind of certificate does that program give a student? The I am an idiot who owes 34, 000 and 7 % interest certificate of naivety. I bet your corporate elite chuckle for endless hours over that little gem.
    Face it the illusion your company has created is no longer hypnotizing everyone. Your product consists of an assault mechanism manufactured in the form of a sweet needed service known as always valued education. The perfect disguise for a weapon intended on achieving the exact opposite results it pretends to provide. Your company and many more are rapidly coming to my attention to be enemies of the state. A pattern I see of opposites which are anything but what they claim to be. I see the conspirators and Heald you are one of them. Now GGGEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT I see a grand jury investigation in your future if not that a Qui Tam lawsuit if the Attorney General is still in the business of protecting Californias consumers it will shut this scam down..
    Nepolyanna

mae23 Oct 02, 2011

I don't not recommend Heald College At All

Mariana jones Aug 25, 2011

Heald college is fraud abd unprofessional. All they care is about the money. They tell you to lie to irs to get info to get your money. I wish I wouldve know how deceitful they are. I neef to get a lawyer to fight charges. Please dont go to heald theyvare the, worst.

Mariana jones Aug 25, 2011

HEALD college is a fraud and everyone that works there, all they care about is money and they lie. To IRS just to get infoto get your money. Please dont go to heald.

• Ra
    RachaelO Aug 15, 2011

I attended heald college for 2 years and just graduated a month ago. In my 2 years of attendance I had multiple issues with the school.
    First, I went in for my assesment and to fill out financial aid paperwork in april but told my advisor I didnt want to start til the July quarter. I never recieved a tour of the campus but I was rushed around to fill out financial aid and take the assesment tests. They enrolled me full time for april quarter (should of been july) and after a phone call in late may asking why I didnt show up to my classes, I had to argue this for over 4 months to clear it up and be refunded and reset my GPA. I was given backpack and school supplies and almost died of stick shock when i saw how badly they rip off us students!!
    Secondly, depending on your loans, you recieve a check every quarter and i didnt recieve my 2nd quarter check til 4th quarter. I needed to take a break from school so i filled out all the paperwork 2 weeks early and was reassured multiple times that it would not effect my 4.0 GPA. So I come back after my quarter off to find 5 F's on my transcript and a 3.5 GPS because one teacher said that i attended one of her classes (upon meeting with this teacher she stated she never seen me before) I made Heald college remove the F's and reset my GPA to 4.0 (again!) When I came back from my break I was told i had to sign a attendence agreement and pay $100.00 out of pocket(out of $800.00 total) until they figured things out beacuse of my recent 5 F's on my transcript. A few weeks later I look at my transcript to find that they changed my F's to Withdraws (withdraws=you showed up to a class and dropped out for no reason) which potential employer take it as a sign of unresponsible/lazy/unreliable person! So that was another couple months argument that I made them correct and was told I couldnt recieve my $100.00 until i get my NEXT quarters check.
    Last but not least, on 2 different occasions I had to talk with my advisor that the a few of the classes that they scheduled me for, I not only already took, but i got 100% in all those classes!
    I am almost ashamed to put them on my resume and I would encourage ANYONE who is condisering heald college to re-consider! MTI was voted the best Vocational College for a reason and have a 91% job placement rate! Heald is actually the most expensive vocational college with the worst reputation and job placement rate.

• Pu
    purple23 Jul 09, 2011

Everything is true! Heald is a big JOKE!!! They don't care about the students they only care about the MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!
    I was really expecting my free grants which my financial advisor told me that I would probably get it after the quarter ends and it cost a thousand but you know what I only received a HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! WTF is that??????? and the funny thing is my financial advisor told me I owe them a hundred bucks... meaning after getting the money I need to pay them... GREAT!
    and oh I never received my grants from my previous quarter... from my two previous quarters...
    very nice school since i don't hae a job, got two kids and studying I thought this school will help me throughout!!! Been studying there for a year!!!
    And now I am decided to discontinue my class there and going to another school. STAY AWAY FROM HEALD!!!

• Th
    Thatisashame Jul 08, 2011

Boy! I read of these comments and I have to say I agree about heald college misleading people. For the students or staff that defend Heald College. I get it, but if students only knew what is said or done behind closed doors. The complaints are not just about getting a 'good job". The reps are trained to mislead students, the point about how they told students that credits are transferrable and they want you to intial what they just explained to you about transferrable credits so that you won't read it. it's part of the scam, even instructors talk about how students are being scammed in the lunch room. as soon as the President walks in they shut up, even students who score low on the placement test, the rep ingnore that also, when you attend class, if the education seems a little off? it's because they instructors are told to provide a "low quality of education, " credits are not transferrable even to Sac State, look up Sac States website they have a list of schools they accept transferred credits. Heald College is not on that list.

So to those who defend Heald College, all the negative comments have value to them. That is why there is law suits against these schools. Sorry, but open your eyes.

• Hm
    hmmmwow May 24, 2011

heald representative, over the phone, totally lied to me, and wanted to tell me they had sonography, but was a total lie, and demanded that i come in to his office to show him whether or not i was a "good fit" for his school, or that they wouldn't tell me further. i recorded mark over the phone at the roseville location. They are a pack of liars. and i have it on my iphone.

• Am
    Amilcar May 16, 2011

This is my 5th quarter at Heald and I'm sorry to say, but I feel not ready to enter the Construction Management field. It's true that they estate an up-growing salary after graduating with an AAS degree, they say you can earn a 40k; what I'm upset with, because I used to work in construction with a non union company as a finish carpenter and my salary was 50 - 60k a year. after all my degree doesn't count, as I start searching for a job and most of the CM positions are requiring 2-3 years of experience and haven't see not even one offer including an AAS degree, all the positions want a Bachelor CM or architectural/engineering degree.

My hope is that I can be transfer to a better college and get teach better...as probably seen my English skill still far enough to fulfill professional level; as many undergraduates or graduates from Heald...wishing some luck to at least get back to my previous job to pay my loans...that is going to round about 35k when finish to pay in 10 years if get to that point.

• Al
    Alejandra Zaragoza Mar 30, 2011

I can't explain how I feel after finding what Heald did to me I'm going through the same problems and I want to take legal actions but I don't know where to start if anyone can help me out with some information I will really appreciate. Alejandra Zaragoza

kaur_10 Mar 16, 2011

i was planing to go to heald for dental assistant program so i called them, they told me to come in. They told me that today is te last day to sign up for classes, so i decided to do it, I also told her that i want to do my FASFA FIRST to see how much im going to be paying before i do start going to HEALD and she told me yeah yeah we can do dat!!! Because i didnt wanted to pay $22 grand, so i said okay. Then one of my friend told me dat i should go to r.o.p and its only 850 plus 50 for books THATS all, After 2 days later of me going to class i decided to go to R.O.P not Heald, so i told my admission that im not going to be coming in she said Okay just come in and sign ur drop out paper or whatever. So the next day i called her and told her im not going to be coming in, den my teacher and the r.s started calling so my mom called them back and made sure that they have droped me and they said okay we will. So a weak after they started calling again... asking why im droping, theywere trying to talk me out of it and that didnt work, but it made my droping period longer so NOW i have to pay 2778.92 for the 2 days of shool i have attendant [censor], my Parents are realllly mad at me know. i wish i never signed up for heald and never went to those 2 days of class. they were also going to tell you you that ohhh u dont have to pay anything.. ummm yes you do its not free, if you take out loans ur ganna have to pay the intrest and thats 7% BUT for houses is only 4%... they just want your money thats it and the accredit bull [censor] they talk about is A LIE with those gpa ohlone dosent even accept SO HOW IS DAVIS going to ACCEPT they all are liers trust me.
    im not ganna let them take my money for their fault HELL NO.

Maddyjay Feb 24, 2011

I just have to say that I'm pretty amazed at everyone's posts. I attended Heald after being tossed around at a community college. I received by AA there and went on to get my BA. I did have a problem with transfering some credits. I am working on my Masters now so I COMPLETELY understand how you all feel about paying $$$. I was lucky to receive scholardships and financial aid while attending Heald.

Just make sure you do read all the fine writing and if you are going to Heald as a means to another college (first person on here) I would suggest you contact that school first and see if they take Heald credits. Some colleges take some of the classes. For example, at Heald I took an English class that focused on world cultures. Although for Heald it was a 6 unit course and satified those two requirements, I needed by SYLLABUS to prove to the CAL State college that I already had those requiremetns filled. KEEP YOUR SYLLABUS FROM ALL OUR CLASSES while going to HEALD. My instructurs that I had at Heald all told me that and it paid off in the end.

SandaKhot Feb 24, 2011

All i can say is, it's not the school it's the person that decides wether they push on with their degree or not. I know a few classmates that has recieved a great job after graduating from heald because they made it happen, it's not HEALD's responsibility to hand you a job right after you graduate, it's your life handle it. If you fail after graduating, then there's no one to blame but yourself. If HEALD is a scam then why would it be one of the top accredited school in the U.S. I'm currently enrolled for my 6th quarter in Stockton campus(because im only going part time) and im enjoying my time here, i'm learning a lot in a short period of time. The instructors here helps me a lot with school problems and personal problems. So whoever is complaining about Heald must be ignorant and expects Heald do magic and give them a job, rather than going out to find a job themselves.

• Lo
    locoloco Feb 16, 2011

All you winers. I go to heald. I have my problems with them. Yeah they piss me off. But its like everything else. you take the good withthe bad. Some of you people need to grow up. The student loans are federal loans. Heald only charges for the quarter you go to school. You dont have to take and you do you dont have to start paying it back until your out of school for six months; not just Heald, Any school so contunie your education. Heald also list partner schools that take there credits plus some of these schools have credit charts online that tell you haw certain calasses transfer. Do your reasearch people. As for the people wining about job placement did you reasearch the job market befor you chose your major. If there are 10 schools in the city offering medical assistant jobs and there are 3 major hospitals, you might want to have a back up plan. Alson career services keeps a file of job listings and preferred partners on file in the office. Did you ever take your lazy butt down there and look. You have to help them help you. Dont expect these things to fall from the sky. and dont forget the economy. You ever heard of bad timing. Go back to schools while you jobless and you dont have to worry about those loans and by all means take some responsibility for your decisions. Last, Heald curriculam pretty musch throws you into the classes for you major right away; usually there is no math and engliish and history loaded into one quarter. It may be english and computers and digital electronics. If you transfer without you degree the school may give you credits for english and maybe computers but not digital electronics. bottom line its up to the school you are transfering to. As fot the people posting on behalf of friends and family, Students nust sign a form that tells heald what to do with unused loan monek, apply it to the loan of pay it to the student. Whic one did your familu memner choose. Im sure i know which one. Take responsibility for you decisioins.

Signed Current Heald Student

mahea Feb 02, 2011

I have been in the pharmacy technician program for a year and they had just asked me to resign from my major because i didn't pass a criminal history back ground check. They informed me about two months ago that I would have to do a back ground check at that time I informed my advisor that I had a DUI 4years ago. She told me that there was a lot of students in my same position and that we would work it out when the time comes. Which gave me a false hope that everything was going to be okay. When the back ground check came back it said that I had failed because of a petty misdermenor. When I returned to school I get kicked out of my program that I had been in for a whole l year. I was suppose to graduate in 6 months. They did not in form me of this background check when I singed up for school in jan of 2010. Now I dont know where to go form here. I wasted a whole year and thousands of dollars. I demanded a refund and they denied it. But I wont stop fighting for it. I would not recommend heald college for anyone.

• Re
    reality101 Jan 21, 2011

you guys all suck. blaming others for your mistakes always looking for a loop hole to blame someone else. you guys are all [censor]s. no one made you sign the papers and to be honest you all sound like check chasers trying to scam the schools system. go do something with your life. work for money instead of trying to act that you are going to school for an education when you know that you are only there for the checks.

SickAboutIt Jan 03, 2011

princess20 City, community, Universaties and state colleges have GE (general Education) Breadth Forms. California State University General Education Breadth (CSU/GE Breadth) - accepted by all CSU’s, this option allows full certification (completion of all requirements) or partial certification (completion by area).
    you don't have to wait to know what will transfer, I found out the hard way but went to heald for 2 quarters and now attend city college. www.assist.org is their requirements. However heald will not be on that list, not to mention that on the fafsa.gov heald has a transfer rate of 0% most of the advisors who work for heald are lied to as well and work off commision they are merley puppets for corporate. Heald should stick to their "promises" of being a Carreer College and nothing more. the fight should go up against corporate! there are more than enough people who can be apart of this old student and current!

SickAboutIt Jan 03, 2011

I am ready to make a class action lawsuit! How can their tuition be higher than an Ivey league college not to mention 90% of their classes are not transferable. I got proff and information for myself on the false information they have given to me.

SickAboutIt Jan 03, 2011

Its the way Heald goes about luring their students in that is wrong! Its the Lies they tell you to get you to sign for those loans, heald is a carreer school that is their mission. It is not like any other college like some of you mention, It cost about 4, 500 to got to an Ivey league college, that is cheaper than Heald! Are you kidding me! their degrees are bogus, and for that price and all the units not to be transferable come on! I would like to get some people together to file a class action lawsuit.

• Pr
    Princess20 Nov 19, 2010

Hello, well I am currently working on my AA at HEALD COLLEGE. I graduated with my AAS in Business Administration and Criminal Justice and currently looking for a job. The career services people do really help and I have had couple of interviews. I was offered a job but couldn't fit the hours in my schedule, So far I have applied to University’s and they have accepted me so, I currently look forward on transferring in spring. I talked to counselors from the universities and they said they do accept some courses from the AAS and the whole AA classes I do recommend Heald College it’s a great school and I will let you guys know what classes they do accept on my orientation date :)

• Mi
    Mike i783 Nov 13, 2010

The coursework that you take towards an AAS Associate of Applied Science Degree are not, I repeat! are not transferable to a local Traditional Community College! So essentially, yes, you will have to start all over again from the beginning.

• Sc
    screwedbyheald09 Nov 12, 2010

Heald's Stockton campus is said to be one of the top campuses in there organization, that's because it has high enrollment, and a good amount of them are idiots. Ignorance isn't bliss! I foolishly enrolled in heald's medical insurance billing and coding program and it was a huge mistake! I worked hard and got good grades and stiil nothing! I've looked for work, applied for every position I was told by an instructor who will remain nameless, that used the skills we were, "taught". But not even an interview! Those of you who were able to succeed from attending Heald. Congratulations! Acquiring a job in good times is easy when companies need employees, but when times are tough and good skills and a good education mean a lot good luck finding a job with a Heald degree. Their nothing more then shady used car salesmen, please sign on the dotted line, make sure you attend class for the first few weeks so you can't get out of your contract. I mean who signs a contract like that to get an education?! Heald is not an exclusive college, they will take anyone! They only require "real world experience to teach there, most the teachers I had were idiots, one was a 40 something club promoter who dated 21 year old students, did ecxtasy an drank like a fish. The only thing he cared about was getting students to go out to the club! 90% of the things he said was [censor] and taking the supposed highly excepted certification exam this instructor proctored for some off the wall organizatio is pointless and a waste of time an money. No legitimate medical coding organization or proffessional billing and coding employer excepts or has ever heard of the certified medical reibursement specialist exam. Now mind you this was about 18 months ago that I finished attendind heald college stockton, ca. So I don't know if these is now an excepted certificate, but I doubt it. To get to the point, heald has used the economic down turn to benefit only there organization, this is my opinion, there are few credits you can transfer from heald to a community or uc, or csu. The smartest and hardest working people the want to hire, the people that will conform to there ways of doing business. I know several people who got some good from heald, but. I know even more that have not, including myself. To those who went to heald and succeeded, wonderful! But to those of us that are still trying to succeed, don't think we are whiners or just breezed on through heald not working hard, don't be so quick to judge. I worked hard, got good grades and so far all I have to show for my hardwork, time and money is a worthless piece of paper! Thank you so much Heald!