Complaints & Reviews

delay in installation

I have paid a cheque of Rs.1798/- for a new Hathway connection, they said the installation would be done within 3 - 5 days, it has been 9 days but the installation is still not done..It has been very ridiculous service, the excuse I am getting is its raining so they cannot put up the cables..

When I call up the customer care they are not sure what to do and they give me the Mulund Branch nos. as I reside in Mulund. The executives at Mulund branch give me false promises that it would be done today/tomorrow and this is going on since last 5 days..I work for a USA company and hence I need to work from home sometimes.

Even today they assured would be done by 2pm but surprisingly no one turned up till now...I never thought such a brand would give a pathetic service.

• Te
    tejas patel Sep 02, 2008

Hello friends,
    We r the users of hathway internet. It has been good service we received till may-2008. But now facing lots of problem which was not acceptable in any cost.They are providing poor service. They will never tell actual cause of any prob regarding connection speed. Every customer in a same area will have different response from them, I mean to say they are not trusted.Please ensure service about speed of internet while opening an account in hathway, because we & so many of my friends faced lot of problems.

regarding the no connectiona and check

Respected sir
the hathway person dont know importance of time and custumers
they have told me that they will give me the internet facility in 8 way now it is 48 day and they have not yet given and they dont even bother to call me and tell the problem and when ever i call they tell me that we will give the money and that thing they have told 15 day that they will give the payment in 2 day but after 15 day they have not given back
so pleas take care
and i my advice is not to take the connection of hateway
if you r thing to takec
thanks
frusteted customur of hathway
alpesh kadam

• Pm
    P.Mahendran May 08, 2008

Airtel mobiles are not working since 08/05/2008 evening. Both incoming as well as outcoming calls are not active.

Complaints to your local office has not yeilded positive results.

My mobile no is 919790982364

Dr Chitra Nov 17, 2009

I am a hathway csutomer having broadband connection under account no 161124. The internet has since closed functioning from hathway for last so many months. I had surrenedered my modem to their office at Eladams rd on 7.9.2009 and they isssued a receipt no 18740 .I was told I will get refund for the modem and unutilised portion for payments made by me within 15 days. More than 3 months are over and I am yet to hear from them. The telepphone numbers 42261313, 42939100, 43908300 are also not operative and when I telelphone no response. what is this. Could you refund my money soon.

Dr V Chitra
    112/14 karpagm avenue 4th street.
    RAuram, Chennai 600028

i agree...

Dr Chitra Nov 17, 2009

i expect an immediate action...and till then no agreement

Dr Chitra Nov 17, 2009

I have nothing to disagree with the complaint

Dr Chitra Nov 17, 2009

waiting for response from hathway...

hathway internet : very very bad service

Below mail is self explaination:

Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 2:23 PM
Cc: [protected]@hathway.net; [protected]@hathway.net
Subject: RE: Complaint

This is *eighth* reminder. I'd like to inform you that, I have already shown my current receipt and previous receipt/cheque to your kothrud representative. Why so much delay?

Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:55 PM
Subject: RE: Complaint

This is *seventh* reminder.

Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:56 PM
Subject: RE: Complaint

This is *sixth* reminder.

Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:56 AM
Subject: RE: Complaint

This is *fifth* reminder. Anybody listening?

Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 3:10 PM
Subject: RE: Complaint

This is *fourth* reminder.

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 2:06 PM
To: 'Pawan Powar'; [protected]@hathway.net; [protected]@hathway.com
Subject: RE: Complaint

This is *third* reminder.

Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 8:09 PM
Subject: RE: Complaint

Did you get a chance to look at this? This is *second* reminder.

Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 8:43 PM
Subject: RE: Complaint

Did you get a chance to look at this?

Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 8:36 PM
To: [protected]@hathway.net
Subject: Complaint

Hello,

My customer id is 104900. I have enrolled for 512 Blast New Xtra (Receipt No. 30751, dated 23/01/2008). But your customer care is saying that my plan is 512 Blast New Quarterly. I treat this as *shear* negligence from your side. Please resolve this ASAP.

Also, in spite repeated complaints at your customer care center about speed NOT up to mark (I get speed of around 140 kbs, though I have enrolled for 512kbs), no one bothered to resolve this issue.

• Ka
    Kanchan Chavan Nov 10, 2008

4:48 PM 11/10/2008
    Believe me friends, Hathway has nice plans but their services are poor. Better the plan, poorer the services. Hathway Muambai and their branch office at Thane give such answers that you feel like taking favour from them. They always give committment of call back for unresoved issue but never do so. At times, they also give false information. I am a customer of Hathway since November 2007 and just because the plans are good I am not switched to any other services but if you call them for any change or updates, you will remember god at every bit of second. Hathway, Mumbai doesn't have a toll free number for customer care or billing querry. Their executives never follow hold procedure. They never greet properly. They are confused with terms like prepaid and postpaid. Hathway never update the information on time and so customer end up calling them 10-15 times for the same querry. Hathway's executives are not ready to listen to the customer's problem, they always want to tell what they have to say. I wanted to change my plan with lower rent plan and I end up paying minimum Rs. 100/- for follow up. I also have recorded phone calls for this issue. Now they have changed my plan but I am still getting a bill of previous plan and when I called for the new bill they are asking me to ignore the bill and suggested me to collect the updated bill from the branch office. If you ask about escalation the executive will give you a number but the concern person is always "not on his seat" or "out for lunch" then we again have to call after 25-30 minutes to get the same or alternate answer and wasting more money on phone calls. I really don't understand, the way Hathway advertise themsalves, why they are not starting a toll free number line for their customers. Their mumbai billing querry number: 022-67134567 is always busy and system message asks to leave a message and then another message we get is "The mailbox is full". I really don't know does Hathway think that their customers are fool or they know their own services are poor?

• Go
    gomzy Jul 31, 2009

helloooo
    sir apki hathway company internet brodeband mai sabse kharab company hai...koi service provider bilkul kam nahi ker sakte .koi bhi phone pic nahi kerta jabki mai daily comlaint kerta ho but koi mujhe response nahi milta sir koi bhi visit nahi kerta is liye mera kam pending mai chalta hai mai kabhi bhi kisi ko aapka hathway net lagane ko nahi kahunga kyuki aapki compny chor hai koi bhi service nahi hai tagore garden ext ka sabse bekar service network hai aur sabse bekar yeha ka teamleader hai jo koi service de he nahi sakta..jitani marzi call center mai complaint kera lo koi fayda nahi hota na koi ata hai na koi kuch batata hai ...sir meri id hai... yogesh_sharma1... mai sir apke net se preshan ho geya ho bas mera plan end hote he mai ise utar ke fake dunga ...apki hathway net bilkul zzzzero hai mera contact number 9818877709 HAI app mujhe ager kisi or tml ka number de sake to plzzz ye meri requst haiiiiiii...

refund and redressal

I had hired internet services of M/s Hathway Broadband Internet on Jan 16, 2007. The package was for six months with 3GB download capacity. During these six months the service was never reliable. It had lot of interruptions and the service practically came to halt in the month of April 2007. Due to these problems we were unable to utilize even 50% of the download capacity offered by the package, apart from the agony
caused by the inturrupted services.

Despite being aware of the problems faced by us, Hathway sent a
reminder for renewal of the package, for the service that was
practically non-functional since April 2007.

After prolonged communication, Hathway confessed that they are unable to provide these services in our locality. They even agreed to refund all the money that was paid by us for this package.

As I was out of India, I had told Hathway not to take away their equipment (Modem) till I return to Mumbai. Based on my experience with them, I had told them to take the Modem only after sending the refund cheque. However, their technicians visited our house in my absence and took away the modem by misleading my 80 year old mother. After taking the situation in their control Hathway is ignoring my requests for the refund as agreed earlier.

So far, I have written 40 emails to Hathway on this issue which should have been resolved long ago.

Sanjay Paradkar Jan 04, 2008

After the delay of more than six months and prolonged commnication with Hathway, I have finally received the refund cheque Jan 04, 2008.

In this case I would say that "Justice was delayed but not denied".

• Rs
    R.S.Chhokra Oct 07, 2008

I have my own experience. I had to take the Hathway connection because MTNL line was faulty and in my complex Hathway has a monopolistic tie-up with the builder. In the beginning, the connection was OKay but it started giving problems after sometime. Because I had no option, I continued with the service and even renewed my subscription for an another year. There were more problems.
    In the last week of August 2008, I receieved a pamphlet informing that another faster and more service was available.
    On inquiry, I was informed thatthe new service was indeed so and that if I took the new service, I may get refund for the old service and that the new service will be available within 24 Hours.
    I fell for the offer and issues a cheque for Rs.1124.
    No body turned for providing the connection. When I tried contcating the sales executive, he sounded ignorant of the problem and assured to do something but nothing happened.

I waited for a week but still no contact was made. When I tried calling the helpline, it was an arduous task to get through. I would always end in a loop and the only way to come out would be to hang up in frustration. I persisted and a number of trials and wasted calls, I was able to talk to someone, who very rudely asked me to contact the concerned sales office.

It was the same story. Finally my wife was able to talk to someone and it was agreed that the order would be cancelled and we would given a refund cheque in two weeks. But that cheque is still elusive.

I do not know what to do.

unbelievable experience with hathway internet!

Me and my family have been subjected to a horrendous experience by hathway personnel after applying for...

hathaway set top box is horrible!!!

I have not seen anything worse than this "Set Top Box of Hathway". Hathway is the most stupid Cable operator service in the world.
Hathway's Customer service reps are all bloody cheaters and Hathway is the biggest fraud company in the world.

They cheated me by promising that their cable clarity is better then TATA Sky or DISH TV. It has been nearly a month since I have put Hathway, out of 30 days it might have functioned properly for hardly 2 days. Hathway is the biggest hoax Cable operator service..... My humble request to all the readers of this forum, please never ever do this grave mistake of taking Hathway Cable or Internet connection.

All the Hathway Reps should be put behind the bars for cheating Customers.

• Re
    Revathi R Jun 27, 2009

Do we have an option to opt for an alternate cable service provider in case the current service provider's services are horrible? I dont think we have a choice and there is no regulatory body which governs these guys. Thats the reason their atrocity never stops.

• Ia
    iamurphantom Mar 19, 2010

Kind attention Mr.K. Jayaraman
    Managing Director & Chief Executive Office

Sir, I have requested your hatchway person Mr.Suresh APHB, Moula ali, Hyderabad to install hathway STB(HUMAX). But he sold me cisco co.STB for Rs.1500/- + Rs.100/- for installation charges on 16.10.2009 stating that cisco STB is better than Humax. But from next day onwards it is not functioning properly.I have complained so many times but he is not responding whenever I call him he is switching off his mobile. He fooled as well as me and you by behaving such a manner being working in an established company.
    I request you to kindly intervene and do justice by advising your person to replace the STB with Humax STB wich is authorised STB of Hathway Company.
    S.Mohd.Sharief,

poor customer service

Hi,

I am amit gupta resident of kandivali east.

I am having hathway broadband connection. I lodged a complaint for no internet connectivity on 30th sep 2007 at 8:15 am. After that I called up number of times to them but they are not able to rectify it. Every time they give me an excuse that in 1/2 hour we will call back you but they never. Till the time (3rd oct 2007 11:15am) there is no response from their end.

Their customer service is such a bad and also technical support.

• Na
    Navin Nov 11, 2008

Same here... I have their internet connection too...Their Customer service is worst i have ever seen... The numbers that were given to me during installation to contact if any issues arises are not at all working...The Numbers are dead and the remaining numbers go on voice recording...

Pathetic Service...Do not take Hathway connection..You will be conned...

Navin D

shame to the group

I have been the customer for Hathway internet in India for the last five years. My customer account number is 84729. Off late the broad band internet connect goes off very often (at least once in a day). The call center is the backbone for any service provider, surprisingly the call center number of great hathway internet is engaged for days together some times. I have a doubt that they must be working with very few lines for call center, I don't understand how they want to survive with such a mean management to increase the lines. Initially while taking the order they say that this company belongs to Hinduja group. It is really a shame for the group with this kind of a service and service infrastructure.

Ananth Sarella Aug 09, 2007

Hey Guys! I am having terrible time dealing with HATHWAY BROADBAND BANGALORE people. I had opted for 512k blast in the month of May 2007. By end of the month i wanted to upgrade to 'Freeway' - 256kbps, unlimited download. I had paid them 1120/- (Inclusive of taxes). I though that they had changed the plan to Freeway, but due to internet connection being so slow i phone called them. Thats why i got to know that they had changed my plan to 64kbps Thruway connection. Since then till now they haven't changed my connection.

And you know what? They have sent me a bill today, even after i canceled my account with them.

I am planning file a suit against them at the consumer court to fight against such MONEY SUCKERS. How many of you would like to join me?

Ananth Sarella.

• Ar
    Arul Aug 09, 2007

I would like to join you too.I am planning to file a suit against t hem in the consumer court. They have appointed staff for less salary calling them "technical"... The guys at the call center are taught like parrots to speak to the customers. Absolutely hopeless service. My connection was having frequent disconnection and i chased them like anything to get it rectified at the end of the day they call me up and ask me to renew the connection whereas i have not used the same for the past one month. I asked them for an extension of validity and their reply is that i should renew first. This the the way they do business and cheat and hold their customers. The speed promised to me was 256 kbps but when i check it in online speedometer it shows 128 to 138 kbps... Totally a fraud company minting money from customers like us. Lets teach them a lesson. The employees cannot be blamed.We got to hit the head!

• Wa
    WalaNorGakh May 23, 2008

I wish I had searched on the internet for "hathway sucks" before buying a prepaid. I paid 618/- on 6th April but till date haven't received the connection. I must have made calls worth more than 618/- calling them from pillar to post but of no use.

Rajan Raheja Group has diversified into a wrong field I guess.

worst broadband service

I am staying in vij'ngr b'lore... We had taken hathway broadband service with a tariff plan of 512 kbps... 3gb download... 3 months validity... For rs 1500 /-...

From past 40 days we are using it... But for only 15 days we got the service and remaining 25 days there was no service at all.

We called the customer care so many times... They told that there was some problem in our area and within short time they will fix it... But still it is not... We are fed off with this service...

Finally we have decided to deactivate the service and go for other service providers.

• In
    Indranil Basu Aug 14, 2008

Hathway broadband service is the worst broadband one can ever imagine. I took a 2 month 2 GB free connection, it was prepaid. I dont get any network even 10% of the day. Since last 15 days I've been calling the helpdesk people at least thrice a day, everyday they utter the same thing - it will be fixed within next 12 hours. These 12 hours are never coming. I'VE PAID MONEY AND I'M NOT GETTING ANY NETWORK. Forget about the speed.

Even the manager was so scoundrel that when I sent an email to him describing the situation, he promised that he'll fix this within one day. He never did that. If I would have enough time, I would sue them under consumer protection act. I've removed my network and going for Airtel from the next month.

getting no signal from last 2 month!

I am digital TV subscriber and using Hathway Set top box which was purchased in my mother name Ms. Ratna Zutshi. (Ward No. 2, Mehrauli). We purchased set top box from our cable operator in March and since then the box is not working properly. But from last 2month we are getting NO SIGNAL caption on our TV screen. We have complained to our local cable operator (Exotic cables) and Hathway customer care center, in fact have called them several times but no body has till date responded to our problem.

• Sh
    shreyash pagdhare Jul 08, 2007

I am digital TV subscriber and using Hathway Set top box. We purchased set top box from our cable operator in June 2007 and since then the box is not working properly. But from last 2week we are not getting SIGNAL properly. We have complained to our local cable operator (OM SHAKTI CABLE VISION) in fact have called them several times but no body has till date responded to our problem.

sampath redy Aug 27, 2013

am digital TV subscriber and using Hathway Set top box. We purchased set top box from our cable operator in april-2013 and since then the box is not working properly. But from last 2week we are not getting SIGNAL p. We have complained to our local cable operator (mahesh cable operator) in fact have called them several times but no body has till date responded to our problem.

no connection / refund not given

I had booked for a Hathway Broadband connection by paying Rs.1686/- vide receipt No.5276 dated 9/6/07. The amount was collected by their representative Ravi (Mobile No.-[protected]) at Girinagar, Bangalore. He said that the connection would be operational within 4 days. However, 17 days later, despite innumerable phone calls and SMSs to Ravi, His Supervisor- VenkatGiri([protected])and to Call center 080-[protected]; neither the connection been given nor the money been refunded. The behavior of Hathway and its representatives has been totally callous and irresponsible. They do not even have the decency to call and update the status in fact they do not even answer calls. At call center they promise a call back in an hour which has never happened. I wonder if in the name of new connections - Hathway.
is making money.

Regards
Vijay Rao

no money refund

I had taken a broadband internet connection in bangalore in december 2006 for a month. On the termination...

hathway internet service - aka cheating!

I got a hathway broadband connection almost a month back and my connection is up very rarely. What prompted me to write this complaint here is that, as I write this email, it is going to be 72 hours since my internet connection is down and I have made nothing less than 20 calls to their so-called "customer care".

Every time they pacify me with things like "sending someone", "look into it" and so on. Interestingly, there aren't any responsible or sincere souls working in this division. I feel cheated after paying the money for this prepaid account and getting nothing in return. Totally undependable service. Even when I called the senior engineers in hathway, they gave me the same stories like a recorded message.

In fact, the customer care only needs either a recorded message repeater or even better, a parrot to repeat the same things over and over again.

• Si
    Siraj Sherriff May 18, 2007

This atrocity is going on in the HSR layout area in Bangalore. Also, I know atleast 3 others in the same area who are going through the same agony and pain.

• Vi
    Vishal Jun 07, 2007

Totally Agree...

Its more like a Deja-Vu... I apparently got the same kinda freaking situation at my home... I really don't no what they charge for... visit my blog http://vishaladsool.blogspot.com for reading the letter written to the hathway officials which they discourteously did not feel worth enough to respond to.

• Ka
    Kashif Akhtar Aug 22, 2007

I have exactly the same problem and I want to switch. I am wondering which ISP is better service than hathway.

• Wa
    WalaNorGakh May 23, 2008

Atleast you got the connection, it is almost two months now, I took a prepaid connection of Rs.618/- but have made calls worth more than that amount to get the connection. Hathway by Rajan Raheja Group sucks big time.

• Bh
    Bhavesh Chauhan Sep 02, 2008

I would like to add few words over here...

If you have any animy you can suggest him to take Hathway Internet.

I had broadband connection which didn't work... down time was like 90% now I am having fiber connection in Mumbai... It is even not working as I had my dialup connection... and I was promissed to have uptime of 97%... Great Joke...

No customer service... No one will pick your phone up...

Worst Internet Service I have every found...

Never choose Hathway... It is actually Hardway...

Please think 20 times before you decide to go for hathway.

• Ak
    aks020 Oct 20, 2008

Complain against Hathway (Cable Tv) Can anyone reply

Hathway has stopped sahara one and sahara filmy channel

It is more than 1 week and they are not starting it

what to do
    are they allowed to stop any channel and take same monthly rent from all customers

IF u cant help then please forward to the deparment or person who can help
    thanks very much

please do reply back

• Ra
    Ravichandra Oct 21, 2008

I have exactly the same problem and still facing issue.Nobody got resolved it.it's almost 20 days they got installed on Note book and told to contact customer care to get activite the connection.I have made nothing less than 40 calls.Every time they pick up and tell that they send a technical person but it hasn't at all done.

• As
    ashishkumar Jul 27, 2013

very true it is the worst ever internet connection and that to the customercares

broadband connectivity problems!

I stay in HSR Layout Sector 1. I have been using Hathway Internet connection for a few months now. Recently...

no money refund from hathway internet!

Hathway Internet took 2117/- rs on 8th Nov 2006 for new connection and promise to give new connection in...

shaddy services provided for internet broadband connection!

I recently took a new internet broadband connection from Hathway Internet. The connection has been down since...

net is not working properly

I am amit mahajan staying in kothrud pune. We have an hathway broadband internet copnncetion. But the service...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices