Halloween ExpressReturn Policy

I bought a package of "witch leg warmers", in a sealed bag, with a description of "one size fits all". They were $17.99 plus tax. When I got home I took them out to find out they were actually fingerless gloves. I took them back to the store with the now opened packaging, the store manager told me he could not give me a refund or even store credit on anything for the legs which had been opened. These were gloves, very obviously way too skinny for legs and did not stretch, but since the packaging said leg warmers, he refused to take them back. The receipt said "all sales final" and despite the fact that this is a labeling error on their part, they firmly stick to that.

• Hu
    Hubert Dec 10, 2008

The Halloween Express In North Little Rock is a complete rip off. They have a 'No refund, No Exchange' policy. This is all good because you would think that the reason why they have this policy is so that people can not wear costumes and bring them back. However, I believe that the reason why they have this policy is because they know that when customers realize that they can find several of the exact same costumes at Walmart for cheaper they will want to return their costume they bought from them. I bought my daughter a cinderella costume and it cost 40.00 for just the dress. I then had to purchase the crown which was 6.99 and the gloves which were 6.99. I was outraged when I went to Walmart and found the dress and crown being sold together for 19.99. And the exact same gloves were 1.00. What happened? Did Halloween Express remove the crown from the dress and sell them separately to make a bigger profit? Many other costumes that I seen at that store are also in Walmart for about 20 or 30 dollars cheaper. I feel they did me a dis service by selling me something that they knew was not worth that price. I will never shop there again.

• Sn
    snohomy Apr 19, 2010

When there is a sign at the register indicating that "All Sales Are Final", ask the clerk if you can open and inspect the product right then and there.

• Sn
    snohomy Apr 19, 2010

Halloween Express and other Halloween specialty stores commonly charge more than the retail price you will find at drug stores, super stores, and retailers such as Walmart. Expect to pay at least 20% more at these Halloween stores. They also specialize in small props such as accessories, so they may not be included with the costume. Shop around first before going to a Halloween store.