ADVERTISIMENT

Guest Reservationsoutrageous hotel reservation tax recovery charges and service fees

H Jan 23, 2020

January 20, 2020, I went online to book a room at the Hampton Inn Suites, South Park, Charlotte, NC. I THOUGHT I was on the official hotel site, but I ended up on the Guest Reservations site by mistake. They booked a room for 2 nights for $127/per night and then added a $104.64 charge (see below) which is completely outrageous!!

Subtotal US$253.30
Tax Recovery Charges & Service Fees
(See Details Below)
US$104.64
Total US$357.94

I called to cancel the reservation, they (obviously English was their second language) told me it was non-refundable. Unacceptable. The agent said if I got approval from the hotel, I could get a refund. I called the Hampton Inn and talked to the manager, Teresa. She advised me to call the company back and insist on talking to a supervisor because the Hampton cancellation policy is full refund within 48 hrs, the reservation was 2 weeks away so I was well within their policy acceptance. After 4 phone calls and screaming matches with 2 of their agents (which were recorded so I have documentation), their agent called the Hampton manager which gave the approval and finally Guest Reservations gave me the confirmation for me to receive a full refund. Guest Reservations bill your card immediately under the name "cci*Hotel Res". Please make this complaint public. The Hampton manager was aware of these thieves and admitted it isn't right and possibly illegal. Somehow these crooks have managed to have their web site pop up first on the Hampton Hotel Reservations. They need to be SHUT DOWN!

Comment Guidelines