Green Mountain Energy Companyletter of credit

B

I concluded my 12-month residential electricity contract with Green Mountain Energy Company on June 22, 2017. I needed a “Letter of Credit” from Green Mountain to avoid paying a deposit to my new provider. I called Green Mountain and requested the letter. I received the letter on June 23, 2017, and it stated that I had two late payments in the previous twelve months. This came as a surprise to me considering I was on "Auto-Pay" with Green Mountain and my monthly bills were submitted to my Chase Visa routinely without incident. I spoke with a representative from Green Mountain on June 27, 2017, to resolve this issue. The Green Mountain representative informed me that my July bill was due on August 11th and Chase paid it on August 12th, and my September bill was due on October 11th and Chase paid it on October 12th. Thus, my Letter of Credit stated I had two late payments. The Green Mountain representative suggested I contact Chase about this apparent discrepancy and she refused to remove the two late payments from my letter. Later that day, I spoke with a representative from Chase Visa and was told that they only have a record of the process dates (8/12/16 and 10/12/16) and no errors were recorded. As a consumer, I feel I am at a distinct disadvantage because I cannot prove when these requests for payment were actually made by Green Mountain. This seems like a simple matter that could be resolved with little effort. Both bills were paid, and I had no control over when Green Mountain submitted them.

RESOLVED

Green Mountain removed the two late payments from my Letter of Credit. They discovered the problem was on their end after all.