Green Dotlinda spaulding

I recieved a check from linda spaulding in the amount of $4869.00 and it said to cash or deposit it and to send her 10% using the green dot money pak. It actually looked pretty good. So I took it to cash it but they said that they don't cash official checks. So I decided to come home and do a little research and it's a good thing I did. Turns out it is most likely fake. Thanks to all who posted complaints. I also contacted the bank that was on thfront of the check to let them know what she was doing. We will see what they say...

• Tr
    tracy Apr 06, 2009

i put $250.00 on my account now debit card on sat the 4th i use $19.66 for netflick. and $54.45 for john beck free and clear and $37.73 for ban1006 minnow i want to know where the rest of my money went

• Qe
    qeutiepei Jun 08, 2009

these ppl need to be reported. Write the Better Business Bureau in Georgia. Or file a proper complaint with the Ghost Company in California. Someone asked how to reach a real person on this card. when they come on and ask english or spanish do not press anything. When it asks the nature of your account press 1, then press 2, enter card # then enter zip code. listen to automation and press 3. This company will not cooperate with you to return your money in an orderly fashion. They are not an american company tho the main office is out of California. There is no one in California to talk to. I have had several supervisors hang up on me. To file a proper complaint, write Green Dot Visa, PO Box 1187, Monrovia, Ca, 91017.
    Comments United States Your complaint has been received and routed to the following BBB: BBB of W. Georgia-E. Alabama & S.W. Georgia (Columbus, GA)
    500 12th Street
    Columbus, GA 31901
    Phone: [protected]
    Fax: [protected]
    Email: [protected]@columbus-ga.bbb.org
    Web: www.columbus-ga.bbb.org
    Please contact the BBB directly if you have questions about your complaint.

• Ri
    RIPPEDOFFBYDOT Oct 05, 2009

Green Dot Visa, I wanted to purchase a prepaid card for my use to apply cash to so that I don't have let my wife know what's in the wallet, so that it doesn't walk off (husbands you know what I am talking about). I purchased the card from a large chain store and went through the process of activation, with my SSN (didn't like that, should have know), then they tell me this a temporary card, WHAT? No store wanted to touch it, don't use it on-line, it took a few days to get the store to verify the card and it never did. So I canceled the order and was told if the VERY LARGE company faxed them something they would not accept it. And even if the money came back to the account (MY CASH) they could not release the funds for 11 DAYS. So now I don't have the equipment I need and I don't have access to my three hundred dollars as well. They said they will send me a check with a full refund once the eleven days has pasted and I call back to cancel the card. This is not a BANK card, this is a way of holding money so people forget about it so that they can charge there 6 dollars a month. Give a friend cash and order that way or just apply at a bank. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. I felt this other company I ordered products from was messing around, not the case, IT WAS THE GREEN DOT CARD THROWING UP RED FLAGS. I am contacting the major stores that carry this product and letting them know of the troubles I am having, I doubt anything will come of it, but at least you know, DON'T DO IT, TAKE IT BACK.

• Sr
    Srnbob1 Oct 05, 2009

An expensive and time consuming problem you're dealing with because you mistrust and need to deceive your wife. (Wives... you know what I'm talking about.)

• Ka
    KaiserVadin Mar 06, 2010

I don't remember needing my SSN to sign up for one .

• Ka
    KaiserVadin Mar 06, 2010

there is a monthly fee but I am not sure what happen to the rest the transactions should show it, you need to call them up and explain before filing a complaint !

• Pa
    PAMELA JEAN SONNEBORN Oct 04, 2010

LOOK I;M NOT [censor]TING AROUND I WENT ON LINE SATURDAY THAN WENT TOO BUY SOMETHING USEING MY CARD AND THERE WAS NOTHING ON THERE I;M UP IN ARMS ABOUT THE DISAPPEARING OF MY 90.00 DOLLARS THAN I GET MESSAGE ON TEXT THIS MORNING THAT I HAVE ALMOST 20.00 NOW YOU KNOW WHERE MY MONEY WENT AND I WANT TOO KNOW NOW BUT FAST I;M PRAYING I WASN;T RIPPED OFF .THIIS WHY I JOINED THE GREEN DOT I THOUGHT I WOULD BE OPROTECTED FROM SCAMS I;M VERY VERY UPSET FIRST I HAD OVER 250.00 AND WENT SHOPPING AND ENDED UP WITH 90.00 DOLLARS NOW I ONLY HAVE 19.00 WHAT THE HELL I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GO ON LINE BUT NOT TOOKEN ADVANTAGE OF AND WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET TO MY ACCOUNT ON LINE INSTEAD OF USING CELL PHONE MINUTES WHICH I HAVE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH MY ACCOUNT I PAMELA JEAN SONNEBORN WOULD LIKE FOR SOMEONE TO RESPOND TO MY CONCERN A.S.A.P.I'LL BE ON COMPUTOR TOMMORROW AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR HOW TO LEARN MY TRANSACTIONS I HAVE BEEN DOING THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU DO RESPOND FAST AS I DO NOT HAVE MY OWN COMPUTOR AND MUST RELY ON LIBRARY;S SINCERLY PAMELA JEAN SONNEBORN [protected]@ROCKETMAIL.COM TVERY MUCH

• Si
    sierra8302 Dec 01, 2012

I bought a Green Dot prepaid card this morning on my way to work and loaded 470.00 so I could call and make my car payment as I wouldn't be able to go physically because I work 16 hour shifts. I called to activate it and I was told they couldn't activate the card and corporate office was closed until Monday. After speaking to someone for 40 minutes I was told to call back in 2 hours and get a confirmation number of the funds loaded and that if it couldn't be done they would expedite my funds to me and I would have a check in 3-5 business days. So when I called back the woman was VERY rude and told me something completely different than the first lady and that it would take 9-12 business days and then she HUNG UP on me. I called back and was then told that they would issue me a refund and I would receive it in 3-5 business days. Thanks Green dot...I now have to hide my car until I receive my money and can make my car payment!