Having problems with Green Dot?

3465 E Foothill Blvd.
Pasadena, California
United States - 91107-6071
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 5100, Pasadena, CA 91117

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Green Dot.

Complaints & Reviews

Green Dotdispute of problem.

My name is Tony Bobet. I resided at 1710 Seward Avenue, Bronx, New York City, 10473, Apartment# 5-G. i call the company to file an dispute that i didn't charge. i never charge of anything from other places. In the below of this page i will put down the location and the charge at my account. I am not will put my credit card information. i will put the date and location of the charges.

Here is the charges:

1. Sally Beauty #23 - $17.31 - April 25, 2019
2. Universal Discount Package - $26.58 - April 25, 2019
3. Dairy Queen #14849 - $2.75. April 25, 2019

These are the charge i am dispute of my card. I call them today, April 25, 2019. And, they the solution and they're going to send me a new card.

Next i will have to be careful with my new card.

P.s. They tell me I have to wait for May 8, 2019. That will be on Monday.

Green Dotprepaid card

Intuit signed me up for a GreenDot card, without my permission. It took 4 days to figure out that who was responsible - Green Dot or Intuit. Both claimed I didn't have an account. Green Dot finally admitted that someone had set up an account in my name, and my refund was there. They then refused me access, saying I would need to pay for a new card, and then re-set up an account, all the while, my social and date of birth failed to bring up an account in their automated system. The first rep 'blocked' the account, and then hung up on me. The second refused to do anything until I sent her my driver's license, Social, and utility bill to an unsecured email. Given that they'd pretty much admitted to allowing somoene to steal my identity, I was not willing to do so. She then said she could try to have someone call me back, but it could take up to a month for anything to get fixed.

I know it's pennies on the dollars. But it's not even the tax refund now - my identiy is possibly been stolen and their response was to make it worse. Not better.

Green Dot2 500 dollar reloadable debit cards I bought and can't find

I am worried and upset and i'm not understanding what to do
      But here is what he said to do today.. And here is my daughter's school id.. I had to..
      Nevaeh wells ss #[protected]. This is name on one of cards and here is her school id.. I made the complaint as soon as I noticed they were gone.. I went up to store and fbsy said they did not have them.. One of the workers helped me load them and I haven't seen them since.. I thought maybe I hid them or threw them away with all the paper work but when I called you he said there had been activity.. So they are stolen and I would like to press charges because I needed those for pir easter trip and now i'm home myself

• Ro
          Robin Missildine Apr 22, 2019

You might want to delete this quickly before the wrong eyes see it. It's very public and anyone on the internet can see your daughters SSN. I'm not sure if you were trying to send a message or not but it's a public comment.

Greendoti'm turbo card was stolen from my mailbox so I never received my income tax

Samantha s.williams
        1708 3rd Brownwood tx, 76803 apt.7
        [protected]
        S.S.# [protected]- Birthday-01-22-1975
        [protected]@gmail.com
        My turbo card was stolen out of my mailbox I was getting 1115 back I filed single I don't know the last four numbers on the card because I was never received it I've been trying to get it back since March 20th when I found out that it was mailed out and somebody had taken it please help me try to get my refund back or find out whoever stole it my house was broken into two weeks prior to this is the only thing I could think of how they could have got my information I asked this time if maybe it could be deposited into my account instead of put on into a card it should have been deposited into my account anyway with some reason it was sent a card please help me resolve this matter and trying to get my money back thank you sincerely Samantha s Williams

• Ha
            hai vuong chi Apr 13, 2019

You shouldn't upload your card.

• Ha
            hai vuong chi Apr 13, 2019

You should file with identity theft or check your credit report and file identity theft right there.

• Ro
            Robin Missildine Apr 22, 2019

Your personal information is posted for anyone in the world to see. Might want to delete this comment!!

Green Dotcharged monthly fee

Greendot charged me a monthly fee when I havnt had the service for a month yet. I didn't want to pay the fee with the very little money I had on there. I wanted to pay on the 1st when I got paid and I had actuly used them for a month. If this cannot be resolved then I will cancel my business with greendot and I will instruct all people in my organization to do so as well

Greendot Moneypakmoneypak reload

On March the 11th I tried loading a 500.00 dollar money pal to my card when I got to the upload I'd I did it said accepted then it sends me a email saying it didn't to go back and do a refund so I did it said I would get it in 1 to 2 weeks it's been a month and I have not heard anything from them please help me I need this money I have tried to call numbers on the internet and have not been able to get anyone to talk to I am very disappointed with how this has turned out so far please help resolve this I very much need this money

Sandy Baines May 02, 2019

Hi...as of 5 minutes ago...on May 2, 2019 at 11:54 ….I have a link that can get you your money
                on a laptop or your phone use this...https/:www.GREENDOT.com/uploaddocument……..and you will move along
                baby!!!...ive been searching now for six weeks...this is my 6th week please try this on your phone or a laptop and you will get closer to your money.

Green Dotprepaid debit card

Greendot never sent me a card in the mail as promised. They canceled my in-store card. I can't call without an active card, got another greendot card just to call and they hang up on me, . I just want the money I worked hard for and I have no access to it at all. Please help me.. I had direct deposit set to my account for my job. I got paid $640.80 and it still sits there "as pictures show", they took their new card replacement fees and monthly $8 fee already so it's a little less then stated, . No one is seeming to be able to help and I work all the time so I don't have much time to really build up anything or research what I need to do, I really need my money with everything that is going on in life it would help out so damn much. Please if you can do anything or can lead me on the right path I would really appreciate it, have a goodnight.

prepaid debit card
              prepaid debit card

Green Dotcustomer service

As an employer, I tried to contact Green Dot Bank to inquire about an employee's direct deposit that was not reflected on his account. After spending 30 minutes navigating through the menus and waiting on hold, someone finally picked up. However before even inquiring as to what I was calling about, was told they would transfer me to the appropriate customer service agent to help me. Really? They couldn't possibly know, as they never asked what the issue was. When the "appropriate" customer service agent eventually came on the line, before I could identify myself and state that my employee's account isn't reflecting his direct deposit; I was transferred to a recorded message about filing a dispute (which also stated it would take up to 5-10 business days). This is unacceptable customer service. This is someone's paycheck. It warrants at the very least looking up the account and minimal investigation. They did NOTHING to look into why it wasn't showing on his account. They did not even give me the respect to listen to what the problem was before transferring my call to a pre-recorded message. I would imagine this is probably a violation of banking laws, but it is without question the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Going forward, I will strongly suggest to my employees they should use a different bank.

• Ve
                    Velesia King May 06, 2019

Please post my direct deposit

Green Dotunauthorized charges!

I purchased a walmart mastercard and had over 300.00 unauthorized charges. I disputed it and they denied it. I have lived in one city and county all of my life. These charges on my card are from cross the boarder fees and crazy transactions I have never heard of. I did not make these purchases and no one has possession of my card but me!! I want my money back, its not fair!!! The charges were all on march 18th 2019.. Two of them were 153.69 each from a skladzio. Ru.. Jesus, I cant even pronounce. The agent from walmartcard phone was irritated she had to dispute.. Please help!!! I want a refund!! My dispute reference is [protected],!!!

Green Dotturbotax card

I have been calling and emailing customer service for the Turbotax card since February because I never received a card. I can't do anything because I never got a card to activate account..They also have my address wrong. I have sent to form of proof of address along with my state ID card and still nothing.I have been put on hold, hung up on, laughed at and they are committing fraud.They have given me over four case number and given every excuse to why my account hasn't been update.It is almost April and I still don't have a card or answers...

Green Dotprepaid card visa

Writing about a prepaid card expires they refused to send me another one but yet they keep charging me monthly fees and I try to get a new one they keeps telling me I need to know an old phone number I ate old phone 8 years old that I don't know They tell me to go online and try to retrieve fone number.but you need to know old phone number to activate the account . They tell me they can't helpme I need an old phone number but keep refusing to help me so I'm writing to you today .

Greendot Corporation/Walmart MoneyCardwalmart prepaid visa card

I opened an account with Greendot Corporation (a.k.a - Walmart MoneyCard) online in September 2018. That day, I was provided with information such as my account & routing numbers so that I could immediately deposit funds in addition to being able to use my card immediately (online only) while I awaited for my personalized permanent card that I was advised I'd receive in 7-10 business days. I had a deposit set up (I believe) either the following day or possibly 2 days after opening my account and subsequently saw that the deposit was successfully transferred after setting up my online profile the day of the transfer. After I received my permanent card approximately 5 days later, I followed the instructions that accompanied the card on how to activate it. However, after following said instructions, the companies automated system informed me that the activation process did not complete & I was instructed to contact customer service. When I immediately called the number provided, I was informed by a representative (after struggling tremendously to understand what they were saying as their customer service department appears to be outsourced to what sounds like a middle eastern country and the disconnect between our languages is substantial to say the least). Nonetheless, I was informed that my account had been "blocked" due to what they referred to as "suspicious activity on my account." I found this to be confusing considering that I had not only not been able to use this account as of then, I was merely activating the permanent card I had just received to be able to physically use the funds I had deposited the previous week. I was instructed to "email" a copy of my valid state issued identification to "[protected]@greendot.com" and to put the reference number the representative gave me in the 'subject' line of the email. Furthermore, I was informed that once they'd received the requested document, it would be reviewed & my account would have the "block" removed (barring no issues with my id of course) within 2-3 business days. I emailed the requested documentation that same night and waited seven business days before contacting customer service once again via their "contact us" link on their money card app (I thought not having the frustration of needing to decipher what I was being told because of the language barrier would be better & why I chose email contact). I received a response email the next day once again apologizing for my inconvenience and requesting again that I send a copy of my id, only this time I was provided a link to where I was supposed to be able to simply upload my documents directly to the companies customer service site (I later came to find out that the company provided this "upload" link because apparently this "blocking" of their customers accounts is something that happens very frequently & the same info is always requested to rectify the issue). Unfortunately, when I attempted to upload my id, I couldn't get past the step where I was asked to "enter my money card account number" in the system so that my documents could be directly linked to my account because I was never even able to activate my permanent card in the first place, therefore I kept receiving an error message stating that the "account could not be found." I got sidetracked and a few weeks past before I checked the account again, and was even further disappointed to now see that not only was I still unable to access my own hard earned money but the company had slapped me with their normal "monthly service charge" of $5. While I don't deny that I was informed of said monthly charge, considering the circumstances, I was appalled that I was being held to such a deduction. I sent another message via the companies app once again expressing my frustration about not being able to access my money but now the dissatisfaction I had with the monthly charge. Once again, I received yet another generic apologetic response for my inconvenience, was instructed once again to send in a copy of my id, yet this time was told to email it to the original email address provided since I expressed that I was unable to use the "upload my docs" link last provided, and lastly I was advised that "although it was expressed in the terms of agreement that I had to acknowledge when i'd opened my card that their would be monthly $5 service charge, due to the extenuating circumstances with my account, I could expect to see a 'one-time' reversal of said fee for that month within the next 2-3 business days." once again, I emailed my id with the reference number that I was given attached to the message... This was five months ago!! I have not only not seen any reversal of that monthly service charge, I have incurred an additional 5 months of monthly service charges while I continue to not have access to my money!! I cannot even begin to express the magnitude of my frustration & how this has been a tremendous inconvenience to me and my financial well-being. As if what I have explained to you is not bad enough, in these months that I have been more than patient with greendot waiting for access to my money, I have lost my job, had a death in the family of which I was financially responsible for handling final affairs and the biggest slap in the face from this horrible company that i've received up to this point is that they stopped responding to my numerous requests, or better named "pleads begging for help" on how to just get what belongs to me; my money. I wished I had taken the time to do a little further research about the company prior to trusting them with allowing my money to be transferred into their possession. However, who in their wildest dreams would've believed that there would ever be even a fraction of the issues i've had thus far with simply accessing an individual's own money put on a pre-paid credit card!! After the 1st few correspondences I had with the company, I did a simple "google" search for reviews on the "walmart moneycard," and much to my dismay, I read countless of complaints written about the company by individuals having horrible experiences pretty close to exactly the same horrible experience that I have been encountering. Most complaints have verbiage stating things like "the company is holding my money hostage and I cannot get a physical person to tell me why," "a block was put on my account for suspicious activity but all I did was had my taxes direct deposited to my card," "I have sent a copy of my id as requested several times now and my account is still blocked after 6 weeks, I am being evicted and need my money..." you could do a search for yourself and you'd see a ridiculous amount of similar complaints written in the month of march alone... Up to this very day. My next step will be to attempt to find an attorney, hopefully one that may take on my case pro bono for obvious reasons.in the interim, I sincerely hope that filing a complaint with your organization might help & pray that the untasteful attention that may shine on the greendot corporation will force them to do the right thing by the thousands they've been wronging for so long. Thank you very much in advance for any/all assistance you can provide me with the disgusting experience i've been having with this untrustworthy & unethical company! I hope that my complaint may eventually end up helping numerous individuals who've also been treated with such disregard for human decency!!

• Qa
                            Qam Yasharalah Sep 09, 2019

just a few days ago, i go to use my card and it kept telling me wrong pin? i never changed my pin, when called cust service... she said i need to go onto thier new app.. and reprogram a new pin, couldn't do it on their webpage, i asked why did this happen and i got an idk ? wtf is that... i'm tossing this card and stopping all deposits... not recommend your money wont be safe held on these type of cards... if they are clueless to why a pin would change w/o the owner of the card doing it... theres a big problem with security and lacks knowledgewith thier customer service

Green Dotwalmart money card

I've moved since i've gotten my card i've been trying to change my address so I can make a transaction that has to have correct mailing address it won't allow me to do so online like the people told me to do you say for security purposes you can't do it without me going to verify my docs yet it won't allow me to do so, i've verified all of the questions asked my social my birthday my address my number name everything this is ridiculous I need my address changed!

Green Dotgreendot

I have filed a report with the cfls team my card was blocked yesterday just 24 hours before my refund was scheduled to hit I have tried to reach someone for 2 days and I havent spoken to anyone regarding my card I emailed my upload of my license and greendot card to verifymydocs @ greendot and still cant get answers so im gonna assume that greendot has stolen my money my father is a cop and is helping me with the process of this card so we're gonna start with making complaints I have already issued a complaint with the cfls team im going to be making a complaint with the federal trade and commission as well as a police report I have screenshoted me emailing my id and card as well as all my social media attempts to contact someone

Green Dotcant get my money after I even sent all the paperwork they asked for

Got a load and go card at walgreens and it was 400 and its been 6 days and all kinds of stalling and I still cant use it. Even sent paer work card pic walgreen reciept still no money no fix no results. Talked to johnathon said it would be fixed in a couple hrs.5 hrs later after I posted a comment he calls and says the reciept I sent needs more info on it>??? Told he was recording our call I said good 3/4 in conversation I said oh yea I am recording this call he said you recording I said yes you are to he said cant talk hung up. This is a load and go card with no registration active on the reciept in!% min and still almost 7 days cant use it

Green Dotmoney pack reload

I loaded two green dots to my own money pack that loaded successful that did not go on my card i loaded [protected] $100 on February [protected] $25 on February 15 I call everyday they tell me one business day it has been several business days The case #[protected] $25
                                [protected] $100 can somebody please just refund my money or just load it to my account please it has been to long They see were it was loaded successful but not to my card

money pack reload

Feb 14, 2019

Green Dot — greendot website

I absolutely hate those photo displays which make you select objects to verify that you are a human...

Jan 30, 2019

Green Dot — my green dot card

I bought a green dot card a couple months ago set it all up and got my new card with my name on it mailed to...

Green Dotprimor master card

It's been over a week and I'm still not able to my card or access the cash my own money. The card started declining all transactions, I've even been sent a new still not working and calling customer service is horrible they read a script before looking at the account trying to blam anything weather froud after many many asking for a supervisor waist of time. I got one one the phone thatt looked at my account and seen right away something was wrong he escalated, now I'm waiting to hear back from them. This has been the worse credit card experience I've had. Not happy at all with Green Dot

Greendot Moneypakfunds loaded to an expired card

I have sent numerous emails about this and have had no results. I pondering contacting an attorney due to the financial distress this has put me in.

Loaded a MoneyPak and it was to go to my active card in the APP. Instead, it went to a closed acct I no longer have.

Card that was expired was from walmart ending in 7471. the CCV was 685.

I have sent the receipts of the moneypak purchase, the money pak # and it was to load $310.

I would like a refund or directed to who owes me my money.