Menu
Great Fun
reviews & complaints

Great Fun
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

393 complaints
211 resolved 182 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Great Fun. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
S
2:22 pm

Great Fun - not following through with promises given over phone`

On June 16, 2015, I was making a purchase at www.tigerdirect.com. There was a link on their website offering a rebate of $30 for making the purchase I was making. I clicked on the link and was redirected to a page with a phone number to call. I called the number, and spoke to a lady who called herself Shar Hathaway. She gave me a sales pitch, indicating that the rebate would be in the form of a prepaid debit card, which I would receive in the mail. During the phone call, I gave my debit card information for a monthly fee to be in their "savings plan". I received an email from them about the 25th of June, but nothing else, other than the monthly fees of around $40 for each of the two "savings plans" that I had agreed to. I forgot about the cancellation until I was looking over my bank account and then when I tried to call them, their servers were "down" and was asked to call back in a couple of hours. That was today, Aug 25th. This company is a fraudulent company, as they didn't mail me any information or the promised prepaid card. All they have done is withdraw money from my account for the past 2 months.

View 0 more photos
J
10:12 am

Great Fun - lies

I was reffered to this company by someone else for a rebate. I figured sure, why not, but it's a terrible mistake. They said they would send me the rebate in an email after they charged me $1, and they did say there was a reoccurring fee every month for X amount of $ if I didn't cancel before. Sure that's fine, so I went ahead with it. They said I would receive an email with my rebates and more information on the other deals on the site as soon as the payment went through. Then suddenly, she's asking me again for consent to charge my card. I question why, since I just went through this, they were basically trying to sign me up for something real slick and sneaky. Of course I said no, and that was that. So a few days later, I'm charged by TLG*GREATFN88500548JUL ###-####### CT ################ RECURRING but still nothing in the mail or email. I call them, they apologize and say they'll send me a $100 rebate in the mail, and that the email will be sent right away. I expressed my dissatisfaction and tried to unsubscribe, but the lady on the phone ignored this, and recited some line I"m sure she's been trained to say. Another week passes and nothing. I called back, once again to ask why hasn't my rebate come through, and I got a gentleman representative this time. He said that the email was sent out two days ago, but i'll probably receive it within the next few days. RED FLAG. Most emails only take a few seconds to send. If it takes days, chances are because it's been marked as spam too many times, and there are delay channels it has to go through. Anyway, so at this point i don't care about my rebate and just want to get off this stupid subscription list. And though it seems very petty, but I want my dollar back too. Nothing they said would happen happened, and now I'm out a candy bar, or an arizona tea, or something more worthwhile than spam. The guy started to say the exact same thing the other girl said last time I tried to get off the list, but this time I interrupted him to say they no longer have my consent to charge my card, so he gave me a confirmation code for cancellation but oddly can't email it to me because "customer service doesn't email." Ridiculous. I don't know what all this is about, but I noticed in a lot of these reviews, no one knows where this is coming from or how to cancel. The number I call is 1(877)488-9480. Revolt. Get your money back.

K
Oct 23, 2015 9:52 am

I was told 1 for the 1st month then 16.99 after that but i can cancel after 30 days so i don't get charged 16.99. Sounds like you have to really push back to get them to cancel your "membership" I saw this cz i order alot of concert tickets and they said they could give me a 30 dollar rebate thanks for your info tho sounds like its not worth i don't need a headache.

K
11:39 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I believe this "company" (billing as tlg*shopper82153978jul /800-5264848 ct us and tlg*greatfn82153969jul 800-2908603 ct us) acquired my credit card information subsequent to an online purchase with tiger direct. was supposed to link to a rebate on my purchase. instead i've been billed for products and services while receiving neither. had to cancel my credit card to prevent additional charges.

A

Great Fun - scam? they said they obtained info through affiliates

Agent offered $100 gift card. Asked where they got my info from and he said they partner with companies such as Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Starbucks from a purchase 6 months ago. In my case I narrowed it down to Home Depot so I'll see what they have to say. From the other comments on here it just seems like a scam website.

J
Jun 20, 2016 8:42 am

I used great fun with a purchase on Allegiat Air. I did get the $50 refund check in about 2 weeks and did not have to wait the stated 6-8 weeks. I cancelled no problem before the 30 days was up and still got the $50 check. I would say they are legitimate.

B
4:00 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We noticed on our bank statement 2 charges for $16.99 also saying athorized on 3/2 which was unknown to us. Looking furthe back these charges have taken place every month for the better part of 2 years. Each authorized on earlier dates. I looked the company up online and realized the my husband had signed up for something to receive a gift card for $50 (we...

E
11:15 pm

Great Fun - unauthorized payments

TGL shopper has been taking money from my bank account for quite some time. I just discovered it the other day and have not as yet looked to see how far back it goes. They take $19.99 a month. I have never heard of this outfit before and have never done business with them.

T
12:42 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I signed up for this $50 rebate when i bought my wife a ticket to a concert. Forgot to cancel b4 the 30 trial was up and was charged $16. 99. Was told a date that my account was good to so i decided to keep it till then but would call b4 that date to cancel. Over 2 weeks b4 that date my account was charged i canceled my account and got my refund in 7 - 10...

3:02 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had authorized Great Fun for a month for $ 1.00, and I emailed them to cancel my subscription on Oct.16, 2014 but I had noticed today that ... since Nov.2014 thru Jan. 2015 my bank account has been debited for $ 16.99. I spoke to Shane today and she informed me even though I sent a email, I had to speak to a representative...I believe that"s a whole lot...

B
12:50 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have know ideal how I got into this. Noticed a 1.00 charge small enough 46518156Nov800 I live on my S.S very limited income so please no more charges I can not afford this. I explained to the person that was suppose to be helping with a gift rebate certificates claim that I could not understand him ask for someone that spoke better english (I have hearing...

H
7:52 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was charged $1.00 for tlg fun and the only company I called with my card was Back in the Saddle, who tried to sell me something like VIP, tlg shopper, with supposedly 10% off, which the sales representative would not acknowledge. Never got anything in the mail about them and no way to cancel future charges. Bad business, Back in the Saddle, who won't even...

11:12 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered a cover for a smart phone on line from this company on July 23, 2013. There was an additional charge of $1.00. After, I read that there would be a monthly fee of $16.99 on my credit card. I called a phone number listed with that statement and told the representative that I did not want to be a member of TLG SHOPPER. She said I had 1 month that wa...

N
11:34 am

Great Fun - membership

Horrible Customer Service! They promised my email and $50 vouchers for Spirit Airlines within 7-10 business days. Nothing and it's been over 10 days. They promised to email me something...nothing received! I called them after 12 days of not receiving anything and I was told they can't email anything out. They don't have that capability. It's electronically generated. Not even the supervisor who I spoke with can email me anything. It's ridiculous!

Bottom line: DO NOT SIGN UP FOR GREATFUNSITE.COM! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

3 comments
H
Apr 26, 2011 11:54 am

I was under the impression that I would be notified if any charges would be charged to my credit card. So as of this moment I would like to cancel any further subscription to greatfun and would like a refund of monies charged to my card.

D
Aug 15, 2008 4:03 pm

I FIND THAT I HAVE 'been signed up' FOR A RESTAURANT, BAR, ETC. DISCOUNT SERVICE THAT COSTS ME $11.99 A MONTH. I DID NOT, REPEAT, NOT--SIGN UP FOR SUCH A SERVICE AND WILL NOT PAY THOSE CLOWNS ONE RED CENT!

Same thing happened me. I did write a number down to cancel it's [protected]. I got nothing, they spelled my name wrong in the paper correspondence which is good. I am going to cancel. Good luck!

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received a charge on my card from TLG company which I never authozie, they said I was signed up when I purchased airline tickets from Allegiant, I authorize Allegiant to charge my card to pay for my airfare not to subscribe me to other companies I dont know. I called this company and they didnt want to return my money is only $16.99 but if this is charge...

E
5:47 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, my name is Eugene Agafonov. My credit card is being charged every month: 8/30/2013 Ext Credit Card Debit TLG*GREATFN73509048AUG 800-2908603 CT US -$16.99 8/30/2013 Ext Credit Card Debit TLG*SHOPPER73509049AUG 800-5264848 CT US -$16.99 Looks like I've subscribed to the membership to get some refund. I'm not sure when exactly and which company offered...

L
1:39 am

Great Fun - unauthorised charges

This company has been taking money out of my account for some time now. I DO NOT know who they are or what they sell. they with drew money every month in some cases 2 a month. I have not authorised this and would appreciate all money be refunded as soon as possible. Reguards Lisa

2 comments
R
Feb 11, 2014 10:15 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

they have been taking money out of my account after i cancelled it also

P
Aug 22, 2013 5:16 pm

This company or individual has been deducting money from my bank account unauthorized... the only way I can make them stop is to spend more momney and have the bank place a non-payment notice on the account. I am hi9ghly peterbed at this company or individual. I am just about to hire a legal professional to find out who and recoup somke of my funds taken without authorization. BEWARE... Dave

10:34 am

Great Fun - unauthorized cc charges since 2009

I checked out a charge $14. 99 on my cc account recently and called to find out this company was taking out the mentioned amount since 2009. I really never check small charges on my credit card so this was going on since july 2009. I never received any email from this company and if so it was under junk mail or deleted due to an unfamiliar site. I called and they cancelled the enrollment and gave me a credit for 4 months. The supervisor jim axpell asked me to send a fax to their member support and i did on 2 / 26 / 13. To date i have not gotten a reply. I called cs several times but they tell me i should receive a letter within 10 days. No letter received. This company owes me a total of 42 months of $14. 99 enrollment that i never authorized ofr knew of this company. I appreiciate your help in this matter.

Nov 24, 2013 1:44 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I requested cancelation of this over 1 month ago and never requested the service in the first place. I received another charge this month and want it stopped and my money returned

R
8:00 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Our membership # is 66758298. Claim description is : fp - gfn $10 gas. We received one check #0000534465, 9 / 5 / 2012. We sent in another $10 gas receipt the first week of october; however we never received the 2nd of our four checks. We still have two remaining. We sent a letter informing of the aforementioned to no avail or response! One of the reason...

T
3:19 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been charged by the company which goes by TLG*TRVLADV94787084 800-3182709 US on my credit card statement. I have no idea what this company does and what I am paying for. I was charged by this company for five months and the sixth is coming in December, 2012. I disputed all these charges, asked my credit company to report this company as fraudulent to...

S
9:49 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have never put any attention to this till now, but I saw that some charges were done on my account for the past two years. I dont know how I could get my money back but if someone could please help me, I would really appreciate it.

L

Great Fun - charged my credit card without permission

This company charged my card a couple of days ago, even though I cancelled the subscription . Hopefully everyone will take heed to this gimmick. They offered a free $40 Target gift which I haven't received yet. Please do not fall for this scam. When I called to request my money back, they stated it would take 7 days business days to return the funds. It did not take them 7 business days to withdraw the funds from my account. Please be aware of the scams from Great Fun TLG.

Great Fun contacts