Great Expressions Dental Carestay away from these con-artists

B

In December 2009 I started seeing the Fantastic Expressions orthodontic center becuase I needed braces desperatly. They are the only orthodontic center within 300 miles of my house covered by United Concodordia (hmmm…I wonder why) so I had to go there. On my first visit they were very nice and acted like they knew all about orthodontics (they are all con artists, don't believe them about anything). On my second visit, wich was "records day" i had to get molds and such. They have made 14 mistakes since then (currently its July '10). Here is the list of all the mistakes they have made: 1. they used a mold that was too huge for my mouth so rather then the typical 15 seconds for the goo to dry it took 2 minutes, or peer gaging. 2. I had the slightest cross bite and it didn't bother me at all, and you couldnt tell at all because it was on my molars really far back. I got an expander and they accidently said 28 cranks instead of the 8 extra ones so I finished up having a huge overbite on both sides of my mouth, and on the right side of my mouth my molars dont touch the top molars are sooo far over. 3. while putting in my expander she meant to be putting a sealer on my teeth, but on "accident" the fresh out of dental school orthodontist smothered adhesive all over 3 of my teeth before she realized it wasn't sealer. 4. while putting on my braces she place one of the brackets on incorrect (because they constantly sing to the radio while working on your teeth) place one of the brackets on incorrect and had to pull it off and place it back on, then 5 months later the bracket came off and now she's calling it "breakage" and charging me for it. 5. when putting colors on my braces, she forgot the bottom right side of my mouth so i had no colors on 5 teeth so the wire wouldnt stay in and it kept comming out. i had my mom call in shortly after to say that and the manager (Rose) said that it was "no biggie" and "would probably be fixed next appointment if they had time". 6. They sent in the incorrect design for the expander so they had to sightly numb my mouth and cut two arms of metal off my expander while it was still in my mouth. 4 months later and im still in pain with cuts on my pallete from then cutting. I could easily go on with this list forever. My advice is to STAY AWAY FROM THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE CON ARTISTS AND TRICK YOUR PARENTS INTO THINKING THAT THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! THEY DON'T!! THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO JUST GET YOUR CASH!! (AND THE MAJORITY OF THE EVIL CON STUFF THEY DO IS EXTREMLY PAINFUL). my dad will not let me sWITCH orthodontists so i have to live with their crappy JOB and con artist ways but if you have options NEVER EVEN RECKON ABOUT DIALING THEIR PHONE NUMBER!!! I looked on google images for a picturre of the expander I have, and it doesn't exsist any where else but the weird factory they get them from… STAY AWAY!!

• Ka
    kathiemarshall Oct 22, 2013

I don't know what this site is but I have to vent somewhere. I have had 4 kids in braces at Great Expressions due to having United Concordia and they herd all their clients to G.E. centers. The first dentist was a cocky idiot who did a poor job with my 2nd son and waited so long to put braces on my older son, he left for college with them on and had to fly home to get adjustments - said he might need jaw surgery which he did not, thus the late start. When the new dentist came in, we thought things would improve and we put 2 more kids in braces there. We were told my son had a slightly more difficult case but my daughter was an 'average" case and would take maybe 2 to 2 1/2 years. They work on a "non-compliance" system with United Concordia so they literally wait for you to screw up, act nice to your face, but mark EVERYTHING down in their stupid charts. THey sent us a letter saying we had 2 non-compliances for each of my 2 kids and would thus have to begin paying out of pocket. By the way, they charge $150 monthly even though they only schedule appts. every 6 weeks. They said my son had a strike for "hygiene" and they'd sent me a letter about it. This is too long to go into, but I grievance it with United Concordia and they gave me a 2nd chance. One full year later, the hygienist asked my daughter if she'd been wearing rubber bands full time and my daughter said not exactly so along came a letter saying we had to start paying. Now, I was not approached, I was not brought into the discussion - this was between my 14 y.o. daughter and the assistant (btw, when my daughter said, 'no' she didn't mean 'hardly ever' she only meant there were a few times she forgot over night or the bands broke and she couldn't put them on till she arrived back home)... anyway, after 3+ years, we had to start paying their monthly charge - fast forward one more year, and my daughter who is now totally VIGILANT with her elastics is STILL in braces. FInally, as we were hoping to complain to someone about the length of service and see if they would agree to only charge for a few more months or only charge partial (they have been telling us for 2 years that she's "almost done"). Finally, I said we need to deband because I can't afford this anymore, we had had to drop United Concordia to get some good insurance (Blue Cross) for other kids and they said we can't schedule debanding until you pay up. I asked if they would bill Blue Cross for me. They took one month and came back and said "no" but of course I was stupid and gave them my insurance information. So, I paid them the $1090 balance in full. As soon as they cashed that, they hurried up and billed Blue Cross, Blue Cross paid up 60% and sent them a check for $720 and they will not give it to us. It is our money for services already rendered and they are saying that it is customary to "hold onto it while she is still in treatment incase of a shortage" (read: in case we piss you off so bad you don't want to pay us one more dime, we have your money already. They have already deducted another $160 from it so are saying that we now only have a surplus of $560. They are liars, scammers and thieves. After I paid in full, they had no right to run to MY insurance company, after telling me they would not bill, and before I had a chance to submit a claim and then collect our money. They ran to them and took the check that was rightfully ours and Blue Cross, sadly, is telling me this is between us and them. I don't get it. I will continue to go up higher at both Blue Cross and also at Great Expressions. Don't go near them with a 100 ft. pole!!! By the way, this office is in Canton, MI. YUCK!

• Jj
    JJC and Co Feb 26, 2013

I'm a dad and I kinda suspected something fishy about this organization. I called up for an appointment and they only work from 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM the latest. Guess, what I take my kid out of school and leave my work to pay them for ### potty mouthed service. No way. Would ike to see a class action lawsuit against them. Put themout of business for hiring dentists who graduate in bottom 5 % of their class. Also, they hire imbeciles to work for cheap and scam insurance money. Tehy should be put out of busienss.