Goodyear Corporate — lug nut torque spec not being followed
Bought four new Assurance tires from Goodyear(Cupertino, CA) for my 2010 Chevrolet Malibu. Great tire, no issues. The problem occurs when I take the car in for a four tire rotation. First visit resulted with one wheel stud sheared off and the problem wasn't communicated to me. I found the problem when I removed the hub cap to notice the wheel stud sheared and the hub cap fastening nut plugged with black tape to prevent it from moving loosely around. Months of additional driving resulted in two more wheel studs sheared off. I took the vehicle to GM to find the issue. They found the wheel lugs on four wheels to be well over torqued and stressed beyond safety standards. Result, 20 wheel studs, 20 lug nuts and labor $997.00.
More Goodyear Corporate Complaints & Reviews
- Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Tire - road noise 
- Goodyear Tracker 2 Tires - defective tire produce 
- Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread - terrible tread wear 
- Goodyear Tripletread - drivability problems 
- Goodyear - goodyear credit card 
- Goodyear Credit card - apr on closed account 
- Goodyear - put wrong tires on my car
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company - shelbyville ky store
- Goodyear - credit card scam! 
- Good Year Credit Card - Beware of Promotions - what they don't tell you!