GoldCar Rentaldeduction of 200 euros for damage not caused by my rental.

Bkg ES571989790 (client [protected]) 7th to 10 June 2019. Car had many scratches/scuffs on pick up and I photographed each panel and complained to office, who assured me that my pictures would be sufficient evidence.
On returning car, no further damage had occured and again I photographed each panel. On 14 June Goldcar charged 200 Euros to my account and on questioning sent a photo of a scratched door. I replied with photo showing that the damage was exactly the same when I received the car at 10.41pm on the 7th June. They have repeatedly refused to respond to my emails/requests for repayment.
Geoff Furneaux (UK) [protected]@yahoo.co.uk

GoldCar Rental

Ge
Jul 24, 2019

Comments

• Ia
      Aug 01, 2019

We had exactly the same experience in June this year in Italy. There was actually a placard in their office showing damage that was acceptable as wear and tear. We saw scratches on the car that were of this nature so didn't report them. We added none yet at the return desk the operative was able to identify one small scratch on the rear bumper as new. It wasn't and I signed to say just this. I was assured by the office staff, however, that there would be no charge. They lied. We were hit with a EUR 240 charge. I wrote immediately to tell them to remove this bogus charge. They have yet to respond. We have put this in the hands of our credit card provider. I will never, ever use this disgraceful company again and would urge others to avoid.