[Resolved] GoldCar Rental — unjustified extra costs
I rented a car from Palma in Sept, paid in full in the UK. I was offered a "...free upgrade... " on pick up which I accepted. I returned the car with a full tank for which I have photo evidence.
Upon returning home, I find I have been charged an extra £160. Not details or info supplied on why? I find out via my credit card that it's because I rented a diesel car (part of the free upgrade) and am still unclear where the the £160 came from.
I repeatedly emailed and tried to contact Goldcar with no success. No details of where the £160 came from, no details of the complaints policy, they refuse to accept that this is incorrect. Their policy seems to be ignore the customer.
This is a scam and I intend taking them to the European claims court to recoup my costs. Need-less-to-say, after being a repeat customer with Goldcar, I will no longer rent from them
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response · Nov 29, 2017
Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very important for us to keep improving and providing our costumers the best service possible.
Please take into consideration that if you need further assistance you can contact with us directly through our Customer Service system for a more personalised assistance on the following link by sending us a query on the bottom right of our website: https://www.goldcar.es/en/atencionCliente/
More GoldCar Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Goldcar Car Hire Spain - scam 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - fraudulently forced into paying for 'super relax' cover 
- Goldcar - shocking behaviour of staff 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - deposit refund
- [Resolved] Goldcar - cleaning charges
- GoldCar Rental - car rental
- Goldcar - unethical behaviour 
- [Resolved] Gold Car - assistant at check in desk-further comment
- Goldcar - car hire
- GoldCar Rental - charges for damage that were not my damages and I have the proof!