[Resolved] GoldCar Rentalunjustified extra costs

J Nov 20, 2017

I rented a car from Palma in Sept, paid in full in the UK. I was offered a "...free upgrade... " on pick up which I accepted. I returned the car with a full tank for which I have photo evidence.

Upon returning home, I find I have been charged an extra £160. Not details or info supplied on why? I find out via my credit card that it's because I rented a diesel car (part of the free upgrade) and am still unclear where the the £160 came from.

I repeatedly emailed and tried to contact Goldcar with no success. No details of where the £160 came from, no details of the complaints policy, they refuse to accept that this is incorrect. Their policy seems to be ignore the customer.

This is a scam and I intend taking them to the European claims court to recoup my costs. Need-less-to-say, after being a repeat customer with Goldcar, I will no longer rent from them

• Resolution Statement

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response · Nov 29, 2017

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very important for us to keep improving and providing our costumers the best service possible.

Please take into consideration that if you need further assistance you can contact with us directly through our Customer Service system for a more personalised assistance on the following link by sending us a query on the bottom right of our website: https://www.goldcar.es/en/atencionCliente/

Kind regards,