GoldCar Rentalscam, fraud and bad business alert. avoid at all costs.

P Oct 28, 2018

I booked a car rental online, through Goldcar's website (https://www.goldcar.es), on December 18th 2017 (booking/reservation number [protected]), for Cluj-Napoca. The pick-up and drop off dates were May 15th 2018 to May 18th 2018. The cost for the rental was 158.09 RON. I picked up the vehicle, declining the additional coverage option (Super Relax Cover), on the agreed date and time. I was charged on my VISA credit card (ending 3024) on May 19th 2018 for $40.22. The car I was assigned was an Opel Corsa (CJ-18-RDX). On May 16th 2018 at 4:15 PM I was involved in a car crash with another moving vehicle in Targu-Mures, Jud Mures. The accident wasn't my fault. The incident was without victims, both myself and the other driver being able to communicate and drive the cars together to the Targu-Mures Road Police Station.

I called Goldcar Cluj Airport office and spoke with a representative, which advised me to go with the other driver to the Road Police Station and obtain a police report and repair authorization. The accident was reported at the Targu-Mures Road Police Station, following the rules and regulations of Romania. Both, myself and the other driver, interviewed with police officers, took breathalyzer tests, a police report and repair authorizations being issued after a few hours of police investigations. The other driver was declared at fault, having their driver's license suspended for 90 days and fined a ticket.

I dropped the car on May 18th 2018 along with all the accompanying paperwork: police report and repair authorization, photo copies of the other driver's insurance policy details and insurer information; to Goldcar Cluj Airport office representative. I was assured that all the documents are in order and that I shouldn't worry about anything.

On May 24th 2018 I was charged $1364.39 (5393 RON) on the same VISA credit card (ending 3024) by Goldcar DEP. I have repeatedly contacted the Goldcar Cluj Airport office representative, on July 27th 2018, on August 2nd 2018, and on August 6th 2018, I also filed in a claim (Incidencias number 1705109) with Goldcar Customer Service Department about refunding the $1364.39 (5393 RON) amount. I have been in touch briefly with agent Tania, which refused to assist with my claim. I do not understand why I am still being charged for a cost of repairs that has been covered through the other party's at fault insurance policy and why Goldcar Cluj Airport is illegally withholding $1364.39 (5393 RON) of my card.

The work complaintsboard.com is doing is admirable and I am hoping that your team will be interested in knowing about such a happening, too. I would like to officially report Goldcar Cluj Airport for fraud, scam and bad business. Upon a more attentive look at Goldcar service reviews, consumer complaints and severe warnings, I think complaintsboard.com should check into this organization's operation. This is being a really poor experience personally which I am hoping that through your efforts may also help other past, present and future people. I will not let this aspect go and will continue in fighting to recover my money and also let the authorities of Romania know about the shady business these individuals are doing.