Global Discovery Vacationsscammed

S Review updated:

All I can say is I'm both sorry and elated to find individuals like myself that were scammed for travel services by Global Discovery Vacations. This company is a total consumer ripoff. How dare anyone of this company, at whatever satellite office they have moved into this month, even try to defend what this company is selling. All of your stories on-line sound so familiar to what has happened to my husband and I. This company couldn't be more of a joke.

They start by calling you on the phone stating you have a free trip (usually 2 nights, 3days) with a choice of 5 or 6 places to go for attending a 90 min presentation for travel services. After you agree to the 90 min presentation you drive to whatever office they have set up for that time period. I have noticed that all of them have short life spans. After you hear what great discounts they have (and I'm the first to admit how embarrassed I am for buying in) they negotiate a lifetime able to be passed on for generations "vacation club." The membership fees all started out in the $15K range in my presentation.

Here's the scam. They have a couple of people working out of a real office somewhere. Then for as long as it takes to sign up all the suckers like me they have several "temp" sales offices. These are where they give sales presentations. Once the consumer buys in they have 3 days to break the contract. The travel services department (if you want to call it that) is only open Mon-Fri. The presentations are given on a Friday or Saturday by the time you call on Monday and by the time you get a response you can no longer void the contract. Once your stuck they rely on your frustration to take over. Most people only get two-three weeks of vacation a year with a couple of long weekends. This equates to only being able to go on 4-5 trips or so a year, if your lucky.

You can't see where you "might" be able to travel, you have to submit more money to this joke of a company for the chance at a vacation resort. GDV needs an attorney with some time to put them out of business once and for all. I was lied to about all inclusive vacations being a part of my membership, which is not so (regardless of the 4 stars I won't use this year). I can get "discounted" trips thru an affiliated travel agent, which it didn't take me long to figure out that the discounts they give aren't really discounts at all. It's just a few people looking up what you can do yourself in about 5 minutes on the web (minus the comission rate for providing this "exceptional" service to you, you will find the web prices about 20% cheaper). This goes against everything they told me in the presentation of buying airline tickets in bulk and buying blocks of rooms each year for members. YADA YADA

These employees have to know what GDV is doing. Anytime I have called trying to get information about the company I am either forwarded to voice mail or given to 'Tamara' if that's her real name the supervisor on duty and the highest power of lack of caring the company can offer.

I would be more than happy to be a part of a class action lawsuit against GDV (GLOBAL DISCOVERY VACATIONS) if anybody is interested. I will be keeping a close eye out on new reports. This is not an isolated incident. There are many other travel companies scamming people out of their hard earned cash.

• Sd
    sdl429 Jan 25, 2021

My wife and I have been members for 6 years. We have taken a number of trips through global and have never been disappointed. Most of the members we have met are very happy with the program, most of the complaints we have heard from people are over trivial issues that could happen on vacation regardless of how or whom they would have booked with. Vacation planning is probably the happiest part of the year for our family. Being able to look at a map and see the many options that are available to us is exciting and something we look forward to. Those people who claim this program is a scam either don't know how to plan properly or didn't pay attention during the presentation and failed to have their questions answered. It is probably relevant that we initiated the contact with GDV, we were actually looking to purchase a time share and came across GDV online and thought it might be a better option. After attending the presentation and sitting with one of the sales members we were very comfortable with signing up. Any questions we have ever needed answered have been addressed quickly and professionally. It is a shame that many of you have experienced stress and disappointment regarding vacationing - something that exists to provide us an escape from stress. I wish all of you the best.

• Je
    Jerry S. H. Apr 02, 2020

So sick of people saying how they got scammed into coming in to a presentation for our company, you didnt get scammed you were bribed with low cost gifts so that we would have a chance to show you our product! at which point you loved it when we showed you how to use it, but as soon as you try for the first time and already had buyers remorse, then you automatically just start saying we scammed you! thays not right and you know it! if you would just go to our website and get with the new members team to help you maximize your membership or better yet walk back into the office you purchased at and just ask someone to sit amd walk you through the process until you feel comfortable at which point yoh can actually use the product yoh paid money for!! I have been with this company for 23 years and have seen my share of lazy new members and everytime they take the time to learn how to use it they are thrilled with what they purchased! so do me a favor and stop slamming a good company and read and study how to use yiur membership for the best results! and then apologize to all the people that work for global discovery vacations, because I know damn well I aint no crook or scam artist and every customer that I have ever ran across outside thw office loves us. and the few that are unhappy after purchase, just needed to learn how to make it work for them! thanks

• Gs
    G-Sauce Nov 24, 2019

We have been GDV owners for 10 years and have never had any problems. We don’t use it every year (especially now that we RV more), but that’s okay because, unlike a timeshare where you are on the hook for the yearly maintenance fee whether you use it or not, if you don’t use your GDV membership in any given year, you don’t have to pay.
    We have especially benefitted from the Special Buys. We got two 1 bedroom condos, adjoining, in Anaheim for $150 a piece (week) for a Disneyland trip, a 2 bedroom condo in Cancun for $99 for the week, 2 bedroom condos in Lake Tahoe on multiple occasions for $199 (week), and 1 bedroom on Coronado island (San Diego) for $250. We paid $8000 for our membership and have already received at least $12, 000 in travel benefit (if the rack rate had been only $100 a night, which is highly unlikely- probably more like $300-$600 a night based on the quality of the resorts) and we aren’t even retired yet so our travel time is limited. I just booked a 2 bedroom condo for my dad (no gift fee for parents and children) in Tahoe during prime ski season, overlooking the ski lift for $300 for the week - that’s less than $50 a night for a 2 bedroom condo at a resort that has an indoor heated swimming pool, free shuttle to all resort facilities AND to South Lake casinos. We have attended several timeshare talks when we’ve visited resorts and as soon as we say we are owners in Global, they just hand us our free gifts and let us leave because they know they can’t come close to beating this company’s deals. When we have more time to travel, we are gonna use the heck out of this program and travel all over this country and through Europe. Anyone who is on here complaining either 1) Didn’t buy the same program we did, 2) Doesn’t understand how it works or doesn’t know how to use it effectively, or 3) doesn’t have the true scams - the timeshares - to compare it to and therefore doesn’t know how much better this program is.
    I just looked for flights to Hawaii through Global and they were hundreds - literally hundreds - of dollars cheaper than anything that I could find online.

• Mc
    M Castillo NY Oct 09, 2019

The folks who are writing nasty reviews either didn't listen, refuse to pay attention, or simply don't understand how Global works. My husband and I joined last month. If you need to book your vacation, and have specific dates in which you would like to go on vacation you need to allow at least 6 months to do so. It's called priority booking. It's October 9th. If I wanted to do Disney for Halloween there is no way I could do so because of how short noticed it is. I can try to book an expressway, but I listened during the presentation and knew it would be unlikely to book. However, if I wanted to book it for next Halloween (2020) I can call the concierge and that gives them plenty of time to help me. If you would like to travel before 6 months just be bit more flexible with your dates. But it seems the folks who cry scam want everything and everything and simply won't listen. It's a real shame because this works for middle class working people who want to vacation but don't want to continue to give their money to retail travel websites, who have worse reviews than Global by the way. My travel consultant was a darling and she explained the reviews to myself and husband, and I'm seeing the same issues she went over here.

With cruises I noticed that the best way to save is to do a one star credit cruise, where it's one star for the cabin and $349 per person for the entire 7 days. Whole sale cruises will save you 25%, which is still a savings to me.

Some of you aren't even members and just didn't like the fact that you had to join the day of to get a discount, and therefor ventured here to complain. If you are members, call the concierge team and voice your complaints. They will work with you the same way they worked with me. My travel consultant and I text sometimes if I need more help. She still helped me even after I bought from her. She didn't have to, but she goes above and beyond even after she got a sale.

CharH Aug 16, 2019

I have been trying since July 30th to get pricing information on two upcoming trips in 2020. The travel agents I have worked with are rude, unprofessional and inefficient. Here it is mid-August and I still do not have any of the information that I need. Thank God we only purchased a "trial" 18 month membership. We will never purchase the full membership. I recently booked a hotel room through my membership and literally saved $2.11. When I compare prices on hotel rooms and now on cruises, I am not seeing discount at all. We were told the largest savings we would see was when we book a cruise. Absolutely not true. RUN AWAY

• Mr
    MrSbfan2000 Jun 04, 2019

1000% scam. They lie to get you in. My wife and I joined on our honeymoon and specifically asked if they allowed pets. We bought in after being assured they did. SURPRISE...6 months later and "We have no properties that allow pets" When we called and complained, wanting a refund because we never even used it, Global told us "Hang on to your membership, it doesn't expire and you will be able to use it when your dog dies" NO FREAKING JOKE. THEY SAID THIS. We are preparing to sue as I type this...have secured a lawyer. Scamming Newlyweds...may everyone involved with this company burn in hell.

Ang57 Apr 17, 2019

My husband and l bought into this scam. Not only did we do a mthly payment, we were not told they would be charging compounding interest. We were told it was fixed. There is nothing on their forms that say it is compounding. We bought the basic package, and were offered a holiday in a place we were not interested in. We waited for another offer which never happened. We paid off our deal in full, because we didn't want the interest charges. Unfortunately, having signed in to our account, we now see they want a chunk of money from us to renew our membership. What a scam. This company should be shut down and investigated. They are a bunch of thieves. Avoid GDV like the plague.

• Ki
    Kimm Hudson Oct 17, 2018

Interested in selling mine and or join in a lawsuit. I have had this membership for 3 years and have never once found it to be cheaper than how I was traveling. And when does this contract end? I was told in 3 yrs I would be done paying, i got the cheapest package offered, now the contract has not end in site. Plus, they have managed to Duke me out of my registration fee not once but twice both being cashed and i have yet to go on any trip

Peggy Collins Oct 13, 2018

I can say that I have been a member of Global Discovery Vacations for over 15 years and yes maybe there are some guidelines you need to follow and maybe every resort is not a 5 star location but I have saved so much money it is crazy. I spent 2 weeks in Hawaii for only $620.00. My last trip was just last week. One week, 2 condos (one 1 bedroom and one 2 bedroom/2 bathroom) right on the beach. And for both I only spent $610.00. I check the price to see what someone else would have to pay for the 2 bed 2 bath was $189.00 per night, which for the week would be $1, 323. The 1 bed 1 bath was $199.00 a night because if faced the ocean, for a total of $1, 393. So together it would have cost me $2, 716. Therefor basically I saved $2, 106 just on this one trip alone. Plus I gave me niece a great honeymoon trip for her wedding present that only cost me $109.00. She was so happy because otherwise they would not have been able to take a honeymoon trip. I love Global Discovery Vacations.

• Su
    SusanBubbles Oct 11, 2018

My husband and I have been members for six years. Recently upgraded and bought a second membership. This has been a great investment for our family. We have gone on numerous vacations to - Orlando (FL), Tampa (FL), Myrtle Beach (SC), Williamsburg (VA), Stowe (VT), Lee (MA), St. Kitts & Nevis, California, etc. We love it. It works for us. It's great for planning trips during off season travel which is perfect for alot of people.

Peggy Collins Oct 13, 2018

@SusanBubbles I agree . I am now at 8 stars the most they will let me buy and it has really paid for itself.

• Li
    Linda Crespo Sep 30, 2018

people you are paying for all the trips not everybody travels a lot they cant they only have one time in a year vacations so you all that had travel a lot obviously can, but this is exacly the reason why they want a person with 50 thousand dollars as minimum wage cause they need their money PLEASE NOTE IT THAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR ALL TRIPS DONT TELL ME YOU DONT PAY CAUSE YOU DO IS LIKE IF YOU SAFE MONEY AND LET ME TELL YOU THERE IS SPECIAL FOR PLACES IF YOU LOOK ON TIME SO AT THE END IS NOT FOR ALL, AND IF IS A SCAM WELL MARKETING IS ALWAYS A SCAM THEY DONT TELL YOU EVERYHING IN A 90 MINUTES TALKING THAAT IS A FACT. SO NOTHING IS FREE YOU JUST PAY IN ADVANCE THATS ALL WITH A "SPECIAL RATE" BUT IF I MAKE A GROUP FOR EXAMPLE AND CALL A HOTEL AN RESERVE FOR A GROUP YOU WONT PAY WHAT YOU PAY ALONE SO IS THEIR WAY THEY HAVE DISCOUNT THEY GET MONEY IN ADVANCE FROM YOU THE GET A PERCENT THE MAXIMUM AND YOU THINK YOUR saving nah...example CALL A RESORT TELL THEM THAT YOU WANT TO RESERVE ALL YEAR 5 TIMES OR 10 YOU WILL GET A PRICE "SPECIAL" SO WE ALL CAN BE GLOBAL DISCOVERY VACATIONS AND IF YOU GET AN IATA NUMBER FOR RESERVATION YOU REALLY SAFE MONEY THOUGH YOU CAN BE YOUR OWN TRAVEL AGENT AND HAVE REAL DISCOUNT OR COMPANIES ONLINE THAT YOU PURCHASE PACKAGES BUT YOU CAN ALSO SALE IT GET PAY FOR NOT ONLY HAVE DISCOUNTS OR SPECIAL RATES BUT GET MONEY BACK THATS MORE CONVIENIENT. THATS WHAT I DO. JUST WANTED SHARE. BY THE WAY PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO GO FOR ONLY THE 3NIGHTS COMPLIMENTARY OR IS NOT WHY THE MARKETING TOOLS IS THIS EXACLY TO ATRAC PEOPLE EVERYBODY STARTED THAT WAY BECAUSE OF FREE BENEFIT VOUCHER, SOMEBODY CRITICIZED THE PERSON THAT ANOUNCE SCAM WELL THERE IS PEOPLE THAT EXPERIENCE DIFFERENT CAUSE NOT EVERYBODY HAVE SAME NEED SOME PEOPLE AGAIN CANT ONLY TRAVEL ONE TIME YOU WILL GO FOR FREE OR SPECIAL RIGHT ? EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE MONEY TO BUY THIESE PACKAGES YOU WHO CRITICIZED THE COMPLAIN ENTER FOR SPECIAL HAH? THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT THERE IS PEOPLE THAT DONT KNOW AND INVEST WITH A BENEFIT THAT WILL NEVER EXIST. NOTHING IS FOR FREE AND SPECIAL ARE NOT REALLY SPECIALS YOU CAN STAY IN A RESORT TODAY THAT IN ONE WEEK WILL CHANGE PRICE AND YOU ENDED PAYING MORE OR LESS IS A CHANCE. THE WRONG ACTION IS TO TAKE MONEY IN ADVANCE CAUSE IS A WAY TO TRACK THAT PERSON WEATHER THEY PAY OR NOT CAUSE YOU WILL BE CHARGE FROM ANY OTHER AGENCY THEY WONT LOOSE I CALLED THE PERSON THE MANAGER BEFORE I ATTENDED THE 90 MEETING, LEFT MESSAGE NOBODY ANSWERED THAT TELLS ME SOMETHING IS WRONG. IM NOT WASTING GASOLINE IN A 50 MINUTES MEETING SO WHEN I GOT THERE THEY TELL ME THAT THE FREE NIGHTS NEED TO BE PAID IN ADVANCE YES CAUSES THATS THIER SPECIAL NOT OURS. WHEN YOU PAY TAXES IS NOT ALWAYS THE SAME NOT ALL RESORTS ARE CHARGING THE SAME SO THEY HAVE A FLAT RATE THATS THE RIPOFF THERE CAUSE YOU PROBABLY GO ONLINE AND HAD BETTER RATE. FOR THOSE THAT HAVE MONEY TO SPEN AND TIME TO USE WELL YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY YOU CAN WAITE YOUR MONEY BUT A PERSON THAT CANT TRAVEL A LOT? THEY JUST WANTED A FREE 2 NIGTS AND BE ABLE TO SEPARATE A VACATION ONE TIME WITHOUT SPENDIND WHAT THEY DONT HAVE DONT EVEN LOOK CAUSE THEY WILL KNOW YOU CANT EFFORT BUT THEY WONT CARE...THEY CARE TO MAKE MONEY LIKE ALL BUSINESS AT THE END.

• Mk
    mklr Jul 16, 2018

my husband and I went to a presentation yesterday in St. Augustine FL. They were very nice to us and the presentation was interesting. Then came the price, $17, 000. Well we just don't have that kind of money laying around and when we said we could not join their whole attitude towards us changed. We were told Absolutely NO obligation to purchase anything and No pressure. They wouldn't let up on us and it almost got nasty.

iloveglobal Jan 10, 2018

And for those who go "look this account is fake"
    Nobody actually has an account for this bs because they do not waste their time on websites complaining about things. to post a comment you have to register and create one.
    Again, the negative comments on this still look stupid.

iloveglobal Jan 10, 2018

Lol you all are soooooooooooo pathetic. this program works the way it was designed to. if it doesn't work for you than maybe you are the problem!!! has anyone actually thought that yet??? if the program did everything everyone wanted, it would be soooo magical wouldn't it? you all sound so ignorant. you all are spoiled. this program offers you to choose a week out of the green dots and the week is freaking less than 200 for the whole week!!! if it requires a few stars and you don't have it well its not globals fault you guys couldn't afford the 6 star package. a sales representative let you in buying less stars so obviously the program is going to cost more if you need a 2 bedroom during peak season somewhere? I bet each and every one of you own a membership less than 6 stars. I promise that. work a little harder so you can afford the 6 star program and use you stars to do a trip for $189 for the week. or you can go pay up the ying yang somewhere else because you want what you want. this program is not a scam so anyone who used that reference should look the word up. if we were a scam we would have taken your money and would have ran with it? global has an office in a few places that anyone could just walk right in and complain so go ahead. if the program does not work for you than the program is not for you plain and simple. global has over 550, 000 members. its obviously working for some people. stop being picky and take a [censor] vacation for 189

Peggy Collins Oct 13, 2018

@iloveglobal I agree it works great for me!

• 1m
    [email protected] Aug 10, 2017

Shhje, I agree with you. this company is a complete scam. after reviewing some of the comments, I can only come to the conclusion that in addition to this company being a scam, I realize that this company may also be guilty of discrimination.

• Di
    Diane13 Jul 29, 2017

We have been members for three years and have always received the place we wanted to $279 for 8 dys/7nights. we love it!!! we've been to costa rico, hawaii, new hamphshire, all trips and accommodations were fantastic! I highly recommend gdv!

Diane

sarah poore Jul 25, 2017

I agree that this is a scam. a lot of verbal promises and no real savings

iloveglobal Jan 10, 2018

@sarah poore how is there no real savings? I went to Hawaii last year for $378 for the week... I used one star for the week and paid for an extra bedroom instead of using a second star. I got a two bedroom and that means it is a 2 star trip and it would be $189 bucks. In your contract its states you can keep stars and pay for the extra bedroom and that is what I did! I am so confused reading all of this. It saves me so much money! I suggest you ask someone from global to help you.

Peggy Collins Oct 13, 2018

@iloveglobal I agree! People don't really get it do they.

• Mr
    MrSbfan2000 Jul 11, 2019

@iloveglobal Funny how this is the exact same response posted on this site back in 2010. You’re a lying troll.

• Lu
    Lurella Jul 03, 2017

PLZ add me to the class action lawsuit...I do not have anything else to say!!! besides SCAM SCAM SCAM...I can be reached at [email protected]

• Dm
    D Madrid Jun 17, 2017

We were promised discount travel anywhere in the world. We asked if that includes El Salvador, we were told YES, so we signed up. We tried to book a reservation for El Salvador, we were told it would cost an extra $10, 000 using our membership. That was totally overpriced. I checked with an online travel company for the same location & it was $3, 000. I called Global Travel Network back to complaint & cancel my member ship (asking for a refund) I was told NO. I was contacted 3 months later for a members meeting in Roseville, CA (about 2.5 hrs away) I told them the same thing, was told someone will call me back. Two days later Brad McElwain from customer service called & said he could not find any record of my call & he could not refund my membership even thou I was given wrong information. He also gave me a phone number for William Brooks “Corporate Office Customer Service” to resolve this issue. William called back a couple days later, pretty much said the same thing & that he would “look into the problem” & will call me back as soon as he can. I waited a week, no call, I called him back a few time, still no reply. A year later I received a call saying someone from “corporate” will meet with me & other members to go over the problems we are having. Again I drove 2 hours to Sacramento, CA to meet, I spoke with Kevin, told him the problem, his response was it cost that much because it is hard to get reservations in El Salvador. I asked him if he was from the corporate office, he said No he is a third party rep & that is the way it is. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!

• La
    Lana Meyers Jan 20, 2021

@D Madrid You mentioned in your statement that the name of the company is Global Travel Network. The name of the company IS Global Discovery Vacations. These are two different companies! Which one are you REALLY referring to??

FYI
    They have at least 3 Lawsuits against them too! https://www.bbb.org/kansas-city/business-reviews/travel-clubs/global-connections-inc-in-overland-park-ks-97030227

JohnV777 Jun 08, 2017

This company has been terrible, unless you are staying at one of their remote locations that no one wants to go to(unless you live in the region) They always come up with excuses, no room. Only available on certain days. This would be understandable if it didn't happen so much. This is by far the worst company out there. Customer service is very bad, they do not go out of your way to work something out at all. I definitely would not recommend them. Based on the stories above, it doesn't sound like they went to any prime locations so they wouldn't know the bad side of the company . This company needs to be fined, or at the very least a lawsuit against misrepresentation to customers. It was a total waste of money. Should have stuck with Hilton or Marriott instead.

• Jt
    JTLopez Apr 15, 2017

I am curious was/has there been a class action filed against Global.

JohnV777 Jun 08, 2017

@JTLopez https://www.bbb.org/kansas-city/business-reviews/travel-clubs/global-connections-inc-in-overland-park-ks-97030227

CharH Aug 16, 2019

@JTLopez We would be happy to join any class action lawsuit filed.

• Hu
    Hurtis Sep 27, 2016

My husband and I purchased the program with GD and feel the way many others do. Everywhere we request to go they have nothing available . We did book a vacation at the beach in Florida requesting gulf front... When we arrived it definitely was gulf front if we stayed outside on the front entrance, this was not a balcony. Their 4 or 5 star rating is not the rating we have experienced in our places we've stayed more of a 3 star. When we called our sales person guess what her number had been disconnected and they are no longer in the building. We recently traveled out west and I did a comparison price with what they offered verses other businesses, most were cheaper and one was 10.00 higher at the same resort with same number of bedrooms. We will not be renewing.

Christina Kovach Sep 11, 2016

Just got back from St. Maarten yesterday (9/10/16). Already looking for our next trip! And a mini-trip. We have gone to Puerto Vallarta twice. Costa Rica. Only issue we had was with a cancun issue. Not a scam. Worth every penny! We take other couples with us. As a matter of fact, we bought more stars. If you understand the web site, then you can get just about everything you want. I feel this complaint is wrong.

Rebecca Ann Dixon Mba Aug 06, 2016

Yeah, whatever you do don't go to any presentation from this company... it is a scam and the sales reps are not professional. They lock you in to a contract and you never get your vacation. I have already reported this to the credit bureau that I was suppose to get everything my contract stated and if they keep calling it's harrassment.

Rebecca Ann Dixon Mba Aug 06, 2016

Yeah, whatever you do don't go to any presentation from this company... it is a scam and the sales reps ate not professional. They lock you in to a contract and you never get your vacation. I have already reported this to the credit bureau that I was suppose to get everything my contract stated and if they keep calling it's harrassment.

Rebecca Ann Dixon Mba Aug 06, 2016

Yes, they gave me the same spill too and now they turned this over to a third party collection agency. They promise you a vacation and state it's free but get you to sign a contract. OK, where the he'll is my vacation that I was promised. I do believe this company needs a class action lawsuit because they need to stop selling people into a vacation and then no vacation allowed.

• By
    Byron Maynard Jul 07, 2016

I have been a member of gdv for about 8 years. I have been so satisfied with my membership that upgraded last year. I pay $389 to activate my membership each year and if I don't expect to use it that year I don't have to pay the yearly activation fee. for about an additional $189 (each week) I can get two red weak each year in a very nice condo and a desirable location that is guaranteed to sleep at least 4 people. plus you can purchase additional express weeks (I can get up to 6 more weeks) for less than $400 for each week. plus there are special buy offers from time to time and you can get additional weeks for less than $200 per week and sometimes even less than $100 a week for a special buy week. I only paid around $5, 000 for all the benefits. I have really enjoyed my gdv membership and have been extremely satisfied with my accommodations and the variety of locations available to me. a very satisified customer/member

Chipinurphone Jul 06, 2016

Chipinurphone3 mins ago
    Absolutely took me almost 2 years to see/hear about this post with my name in it and quite surprised as you might be a droneinthesky but I do believe I have known every step/move you've made since October 2011 so it's easy for me to call myself chipinurphone as I know I see every move you make from #seeking arrangements to what I call real genius btw #luxyapp and many others so please in the future keep your fued with Michael Cantrell between the two of you and leave me out of it please. Is that to much to ask from someone that is just a chipinurphone and I don't want to waste my time writing messages like this

Thanks and take care of yourself

• Ye
    Yerina Christian Jun 22, 2016

We are the Christian's. We just purchased last weekend in Daytona. I am very happy with the product so far. I am a planner by nature and have already booked and confirm our June 2017 vacation in Tennessee for a week to visit our son during his college graduation in Flint. I tried to book something in Michigan but there was nothing close to the school. We are ok with that and opted to head to the mountains with the other kids before going to the graduation. We could only afford to get the smaller 2 star package but I plan to take full advantage of the program. I am super excited to see the special buys. We live in Florida and even though neither one of us is retired we travel at least twice a year. There are some great deals in Florida within driving distance for us and it is just cool to get away even if for a long weekend. You cant beat it at $99. I just rented a 2 day stay with hotels.com cause of time frame in the beach and it cost me $400 for two night. I cant speak for anyone else but once I finish paying for the initial investment this is going to be wonderful. We are going to Jerusalem in September (this was not purchased with GDV) but I could have saved $500 on flight if I would have booked with them. I think people need to plan ahead and consider other options to be able to get the deal.

• Hp
    hphlee Oct 19, 2017

@Yerina Christian Hi Yerina,
    We live in FLorida as well and went to a presentation in Daytona the other day. Just wondering how things have worked out for you since your post last year.
    Thanks!

• Ph
    Phyllis Yates Jun 05, 2016

We joined in 2005 and have been very satisfied with our trips. We have stayed with Wyndham in Pompano, Diamond in Palm Springs and Scottsdale and RCI in Palm Springs. We have stayed on the Mountain in Gatlinburg and downtown in Pigeon Forge (spring break). Two blocks from the beach in Clearwater beach was beautiful, quiet and near everything. We stayed in Ft. Lauderdale on the Beach Fourth of July week and kids stayed at Marco Island same week and July of 2014 in a wonderful resort on Marco Island. We have given a honeymoon to a family member and look forward to staying at Beyond the Blue in Breckenridge next week. I always know where and when we are staying because we use the Expressway weeks and love them due to the short time frame for registering. We joined with the smallest two stars, but have added to ours last year and now own six stars, three of which we are using right now in three different locations with different grandkids. I can't even remember all the places we have stayed over the years, there have been so many. I look forward to staying in Hawaii and other places we can only get to by flying such as Italy, Spain, maybe even Australia. Next year we plan to go to Canada. I can only believe the people complaining are talking about a company with a similar name. Global Discovery Vacations truly paid for my membership in vacations in three years. We had to stop vacationing for two years after my husband had his heart attack but are now back traveling happily when and where we desire. The best part was that unlike time share we paid no membership dues when we did not travel and when we were ready, I called them, paid that years dues on the phone and booked our next trip. I LOVE Global Discovery Vacations obviously and recommend it to anyone who likes to travel for less, especially on short notice. By the way, I have never had to talk to anyone to reserve our condos, never had a problem with staff at a resort, and only have a fee held on my card until we check out. No I don't work for Global but would be happy to.

• Li
    Lisa Plumb Apr 07, 2016

We were also scammed!!! We have been with RCI since 2004 and we aren't thrilled with our trade ability and the fees, but at least they provide some level of service and have some decent properties. Global ensured us that they had access to all the same properties that RCI and how we would be so much happier with them than we are with RCI. They also tried to get us to "trade" our time share in Cabo San Lucas in the deal. I am so glad we said NO to that proposition, but they were very persistent. We ended up joining and made an initial deposit. We were ensured that we had 3 days to change our minds. When we got home we looked on their website and they had almost NOTHING listed and what they did claim to have was not available ever!! We continued to try to book a vacation and absolutely nothing was available when we wanted to travel or in any destinations that we wanted to go, and we weren't even asking for anything exotic. We decided we didn't want the membership on the second day. We attempted to contact them by phone, but nobody answered the number they gave us. We left messages that we changed our mind and didn't want the membership and we wanted our initial payment returned, but nobody called back. By the time we were finally able to reach someone to confirm, they told us that it was too late. From that point on there was no customer service whatsoever. They never provided anything they sold us...NOT ONE THING!!! We never made a payment after that, but we lost our initial deposit and they have reported us to the credit bureaus. Now we have that mess to clear up. The only time they ever called us back was to harrass us for money. They even harassed me at work!!! These people are ###, fraudulent predators and I think that a Class Action Lawsuit would be a very appropriate action to take.

• Dz
    dzezlel Mar 24, 2016

We love Global, we have three memberships and enjoy every minute of it. Everyone is amazing when you call and we could have never gone on the vacations we do without Global. Love, Love, Love IT!!

• Ti
    Tina A. Martin Mar 06, 2016

My name is Tina. This company is a scam. Please include me in a class action lawsuit also.
    How do we get out of it? I've been paying for over 2.5 yrs and have never been able to use any vacations. Unhappy in Indiana

• Ba
    Barbgid Feb 09, 2016

This person apparently is not in the same global discovery vacation plan i'm in or they have never used it. I have been with them for 12 years and have taken over 36 vacations, paying $199. per bedroom a week period. never have I had an issue with them. I would talk my own children into buying it except they get to use mine. what a great plan... I hate seeing bad comments about this company when I have enjoyed them for years and saved thousands of dollars. I have a feeling the negative people that are complaining on here most likely bought in on it in impulse and just couldn't afford it in the first place. i've recommended it to several friends an they love it also...

• Le
    les123 Feb 06, 2016

I bought this club membership from global and feel ripped off.

ChristinaandTim W Jan 15, 2016

Taken advantage of. Global Connections is a scam. I have been calling and trying to get my account taken care of since I opened it years ago. You people who say you had a beautiful experience must be getting paid. You guys even hit the news and would comment on camera regarding this scam. You guys have taken money over and over for something I never used because I was lied to. What's to review? Quite taking advantage that's how you fix this. Losers!

• Sk
    skyqueen1 Jan 09, 2016

My name is maria live in clermont fl purchase the vacation about 2 years ago and it was under pressure, we were sold a dream.
    Every time I try to book either nothing available or they don't have any hotels in the area. we have tried to go to texas, atl and nothing but when we purchased it we were told they did go to those areas. I have paid over $3000 already and have not used it not even once due to the availability.
    If anyone is going to start a civil suit please contact me at [email protected]

• Su
    Susan1953 Dec 17, 2015

I agree with all the complaints on this web site. My wife and I were conned too. We were told that if we joined their travel plan their travel office could get International flights for 50% off the price of any other travel office. Please includes us in any legal lawsuit if one should start.

• Br
    B .Richter Dec 07, 2015

I disagree we love our global vacations and never have had a bad experience. when ever we book we have always had 1st class places we have stayed at. and of course you have to give them enough time to get the place if you wanted to go the next week on vacation that is not the companies fault
    if you would have listen to them you would of known that you can't just go the next day that is ridiculous. I just want to say we have had global for 8 years and have never been unhappy not once as a matter of fact I feel they go above and beyond with their costumers to make them happy! so let me give a big thank you to global for always making our family vacations the best... :)