Global Discovery Vacationsscammed

S Review updated:

All I can say is I'm both sorry and elated to find individuals like myself that were scammed for travel services by Global Discovery Vacations. This company is a total consumer ripoff. How dare anyone of this company, at whatever satellite office they have moved into this month, even try to defend what this company is selling. All of your stories on-line sound so familiar to what has happened to my husband and I. This company couldn't be more of a joke.

They start by calling you on the phone stating you have a free trip (usually 2 nights, 3days) with a choice of 5 or 6 places to go for attending a 90 min presentation for travel services. After you agree to the 90 min presentation you drive to whatever office they have set up for that time period. I have noticed that all of them have short life spans. After you hear what great discounts they have (and I'm the first to admit how embarrassed I am for buying in) they negotiate a lifetime able to be passed on for generations "vacation club." The membership fees all started out in the $15K range in my presentation.

Here's the scam. They have a couple of people working out of a real office somewhere. Then for as long as it takes to sign up all the suckers like me they have several "temp" sales offices. These are where they give sales presentations. Once the consumer buys in they have 3 days to break the contract. The travel services department (if you want to call it that) is only open Mon-Fri. The presentations are given on a Friday or Saturday by the time you call on Monday and by the time you get a response you can no longer void the contract. Once your stuck they rely on your frustration to take over. Most people only get two-three weeks of vacation a year with a couple of long weekends. This equates to only being able to go on 4-5 trips or so a year, if your lucky.

You can't see where you "might" be able to travel, you have to submit more money to this joke of a company for the chance at a vacation resort. GDV needs an attorney with some time to put them out of business once and for all. I was lied to about all inclusive vacations being a part of my membership, which is not so (regardless of the 4 stars I won't use this year). I can get "discounted" trips thru an affiliated travel agent, which it didn't take me long to figure out that the discounts they give aren't really discounts at all. It's just a few people looking up what you can do yourself in about 5 minutes on the web (minus the comission rate for providing this "exceptional" service to you, you will find the web prices about 20% cheaper). This goes against everything they told me in the presentation of buying airline tickets in bulk and buying blocks of rooms each year for members. YADA YADA

These employees have to know what GDV is doing. Anytime I have called trying to get information about the company I am either forwarded to voice mail or given to 'Tamara' if that's her real name the supervisor on duty and the highest power of lack of caring the company can offer.

I would be more than happy to be a part of a class action lawsuit against GDV (GLOBAL DISCOVERY VACATIONS) if anybody is interested. I will be keeping a close eye out on new reports. This is not an isolated incident. There are many other travel companies scamming people out of their hard earned cash.

• Ki
    Kim Wallech-White Feb 23, 2010

My name is kimwallech - white, and yes this is my real name. As i sit here looking up where to go on my next vacation i came across this complaint. I have to tell you, i have never been more offended in my life, as if this were my company, which it is not, nor do i work for them. My husband and i bought into global connections (Gdv) about 6 years ago and have never!!! Had one complaint. We have been always given the utmost professional attention and respect. We were told we had a 97 percent chance to go when and where we wanted to go and we have received 100 percent. I really think it a shame for people to make complaints about a product they probably dont understand or didnt fully follow along with. For example, the company gives you 10 days to cancel, not 3. Also, the (Free) 3 day trip she was given to view the travel club is bought by global from another company as not to give all the members weeks to every tom dick and harry, thank you global!!! This way the members get what they ask for. Now to address the fees im sure she is talking about when they give you this free 3 day trip, you have to send a 50$ deposit and several different places t0 go as which i also did, but having bought the club i cancelled my free 3 day trip as got my money back. And you always get a 24hr hold to research resort!!! So look it up they give you the website. I would love to hear from this woman, so please respond. Honestly i do not work for global but we have been on 24 wonderful vacations and almost feel like you and others are not treating global fairly and giving consumers the wrong impression. Having said this, there will always be employees at any companywho may say something that they may beleive to be true, but unintensionally say the wrong thing. My hubby and i have been to hawaii 4 time s, been on cruises, compass cove in myrtle beach twice, ocean ctity, cancun, etc. Etc. All i have to say is however reads this im a real person who does not have any regrets !!! What so ever and do not let people who dont know what their talking about deter you from a lifetime of verrrrrry resonable vacations in awesome locations all around the world. Id be more than happy to explain how global works! Why you ask? Because its changed my life

• Ck
    cklenh2o Mar 15, 2010

We have also been members for several years. My son and daughter-in-law used a trip to Tenneessee for their honeymoon and loved it. My father has used several trips to Florida. One year as we were ready to leave for Florida, they called and told us there was a problem with the carpet in our condo. They put us up in an upgraded condo in the same area for no additional fee.

Years ago when we joined it was explained we needed to apply 90 days ahead, but because of the growth, it has been lengthened to 120 days. That hasn't been a problem for us. Europe will probably be our next adventure now that we are retired and have more time. Please be sure to read all of the material. And now that a few people have wrecked condos, there is a deposit required. But that is the fault of consumers, not the company. These condos are mostly privately owned, and sometimes the owners decide to use them some years and they are not available for rent.

Please think before you sign up for anything as to whether it is a good buy for you.

• Kr
    kristin45692 Apr 12, 2010

I have been a member for a little over 2 yrs, our first trip was for our honey moon in orlando fl and we have a second trip planned in sept of 2010. Our condo in orlando was BEAUTIFUL. You pick your dates, destination and then the website gives you a list of hotels/resorts available. Pay your fee and within minutes recieved a consevation email. My husband was more than skeptical we bought the smallest package available two stars for just under $3, 000. This year we paid a $389 "maintence" type fee and $96 booking fee for 8 days 7 nights in myrtle beach, sc. We still have 1 star left meaning the next trip we take will only cost us $96 for a week long one bed room condo, if booked with in the year of our puchase date anniversary. That will be 2 week long vacations for under $600

• Mi
    Michael Pettingill Apr 20, 2010

My wife and I agree with KimWallech-White and her post. We've been owners now for two years, and have gone on some AMAZING vacations. One of our favorites was to Las Vegas last year, and even though the hotel was owned by Worldmark, Global traded with them to get us a room there. It was a beautiful resort, the staff was very accommodating and professional. Three months ago, we took our mothers to the Mayan Riviera Resort in Cancun. That was a vacation they will never forget!!

I definitely agree that you people who cry 'SCAM' about GDV, either didn't pay attention, or had unrealistic expectations thinking that everyone you came across at the resort or wherever, was going to be all sunshine and rainbows. PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE...YOU WILL COME ACROSS RUDE PEOPLE...IT HAPPENS. I'll bet there's more than a few people that have crossed your path have a negative thing or two to say about how you treated them. 'But that's not what I meant'...'I was having a bad day'...I'm sure you've told yourself all those excuses to make it okay. Get over yourself and quit trying to ruin it for others who would like to enjoy themselves on a real vacation!

• Em
    EmWim Jun 09, 2010

My husband and I have also been members for 5 years. We have, or family members have used all our stars every year. We have MORE than paid for our membership and have loved every minute of it! I get so frustrated when I read complaints about GDV. I think most of the time people sign up and don't want to do any of the work. They tell you in the presentation that you have to book early, they also tell you there may be some condo's that require a deposit, they also give you a "free gift" which, like every other timeshare company...its a pain to use. I never used mine, but I am still a satisfied customer. I believe any class action lawsuit against Global would be met by many many supporters of the company as well. I would be the first to support them!

DoubleA Jun 18, 2010

Wow, talk about all the troll accounts, considering they only have one post in their lifetime. This company is a scam and you all know it. I know someone who just got scammed, luckily I have connections with the FBI, so she's in luck. This is the real face of Global Discovery Travel. Enjoy you trolls.

• Il
    iloveglobal Jan 10, 2018

@DoubleA how is this company a scam? that makes no sense...maybe it does not work for you but I went to Hawaii last year for $378 for the week... I used one star for the week and paid for an extra bedroom instead of using a second star. I got a two bedroom and that means it is a 2 star trip and it would be $189 bucks. In your contract its states you can keep stars and pay for the extra bedroom and that is what I did! I am so confused reading all of this. It saves me so much money! I suggest you ask someone from global to help you.

Doktor Jun 18, 2010

Morayllis has a point. This board is full of trolls and this company is a scam. Go crawl back under the bridges you spawned from. I now present to you unlimited troll works.

• Il
    iloveglobal Jan 10, 2018

@Doktor how is this company a scam? that makes no sense...maybe it does not work for you but I went to Hawaii last year for $378 for the week... I used one star for the week and paid for an extra bedroom instead of using a second star. I got a two bedroom and that means it is a 2 star trip and it would be $189 bucks. In your contract its states you can keep stars and pay for the extra bedroom and that is what I did! I am so confused reading all of this. It saves me so much money! I suggest you ask someone from global to help you

• Da
    Darrell White (Tom White) Apr 26, 2018

@Doktor You should sell me your membership. My parents have one and they love it.

• Da
    Darrell White (Tom White) Apr 26, 2018

@Doktor Would you like to sell me your membership? My parents have one and they love it, of course I can go on theirs but this would give us more weeks.

• Ri
    Richjm Jul 08, 2018

@Darrell White (Tom White) I am a member with 3 stars and looking to sell. We purchased a more expensive club membership elsewhere and do not have a need for it. Let me know if you are interested.

• Aa
    Aadrianna Usilton Nov 18, 2018

@Richjm Me and my husband are interested

SherylW Mar 21, 2019

@Richjm @Darrell White (Tom White) I have 1 star I would like to sell. They sold me 1 star - but as it turns out you can't do much with just 1 star... but it would benefit someone who already has stars.

SherylW Mar 21, 2019

@Darrell White (Tom White) I have 1 star, I would like to sell. They sold me 1 star - but as it turns out you can't do much with just 1 star... but it would benefit someone who already has stars.

SherylW Mar 21, 2019

@Aadrianna Usilton I have 1 Star, I would like to sell. They sold me 1 star - but as it turns out you can't do much with just 1 star... but it would benefit someone who already has stars or wanted to purchase more stars. ( I don't want to purchase more stars)

• Mr
    MrSbfan2000 Jun 04, 2019

@Darrell White (Tom White) I will sell you my membership today...RIGHT NOW. I'll sell ANYONE my membership. $4000. Contact me on Facebook. Glenn Griffith.

• Le
    Lesa Konecsni Sep 06, 2019

@SherylW Do they allow members to purchase stars from other members? I might consider it if the price is right.

• Tr
    Tricia612 Sep 25, 2019

@Darrell White (Tom White) We have been members for 5 years and have been to some nice places. Now The availability is more and more limited. They used to take more stars for cruises then stopped now you can use one star on an over inflated priced cruise. If you know of someone I’d would be glad to sell mine. We have 5 stars and probably won’t use them

• Cr
    CrystalHardy Oct 08, 2019

@Darrell White (Tom White) I will sell you mine in a heart beat!

• Di
    Dimedt Oct 14, 2019

If anyone wants to buy my membership, let me know!!! Willing to sell ASAP!

SHDONNA Jul 10, 2010

i put my notice in 120 and was told i should have put it in sooner to go to myrtle beach how can you send family and friends somewhere when we cant get a room for ourselves, the people with the 3, 4 paragraphs must work for GDV this company is a joke.wrote bbb and the company responded they was working with me with my flexability when they only called for my member number and ended the call, there a real piece of work, trying to get whistle blower to expose them for the crooks they are and give us our money back.SHADONNA

• Es
    EStout Oct 07, 2010

Shhje and SHDONNA

My name is Eric Stout. I am the Operations Manager for Global Connections. I would be more than happy to review your membership benefits and how to best take advantage of them. You can call me directly at (913) 660-7780. I look forward to assisting you with your membership.

Eric Stout
    Operations Manager
    Global Connections, Inc.

Jeanne Robinson Aug 19, 2019

@EStout Eric, when I tried to arrange a cruise, I was told how much it would be and it was more than I could arrange on my own. I am totally dissatiisfied with the money I paid your company to provide negative service.

• Am
    americajrdetroit Oct 30, 2010

Hi,

My name is Jason Rzucidlo and I am the Owner & Web Designer of AmericaJR.com. I received lots of complaints about the Global Vacation Network so I decided to do some investigating. I encourage you read and comment on these articles before attending a GVN sales presentation:

http://americajr.com/news/globalvacationnetwork0314.html (You can also view all of the documents you will be required to sign in a PDF file)

Many of the GVN offices will show you a phony BBB rating that is not their true rating. Always check BBB ratings at www.bbb.org.

Secondly, GVN is offering huge prizes like Lincoln Navigators that are impossible to win. They are only giving away 1 and your chances to win it are 1 in a million. So if they told you that you won one, you probably didn't.

Good luck in your travels.

Jason

• Ne
    nee cee gee Oct 31, 2010

If anyone wants to participate in a class action lawsuit against global i am all for it they scammed me and myhusband too they told us that they would not charge us if we did not use it and it can easily be reactivated if and when we would use the vaction from our family and we can pass the benefits down to our kids well we did not use it and they got bill collectors to call us as though we did something wrong they are first class liers they put a bad mark on our credit we paid money monthy and did not receive the service and they still want money if anyone want yo sue global contact us so that they can stop this [email protected]

• Ki
    kishoyian Nov 02, 2010

I feel cheated, used and dumped. Please include me in the class action
    suit against these guys. They tell me that i cannot cancel my
    membership and yet they cannot offer me any discounted places like
    they claimed in the presentation. This is a total rip off.

• Ca
    CAGC Dec 11, 2010

Yes if they open a law suit I want in. I am still paying our monthly payment so our credit will stay in order but this place is a scam. We gave them 90 days to celebrate our 10th anniversary and they screwed us over saying they didn't have anything. The places they offer you to stay at like Ireland and Italy are soooooooo far away from all attractions that it is useless. It is a unprofessional company training people to scam poor people. I pray to God that something is done to stop them and get people like myself and others our money back. I think even if I gave them 290 days notice they still wouldn't have anything available~ Maybe I should just file Chapter 7 and they can eat the rest of what I owe! Fed up!

• Mi
    Mischelle H Jan 05, 2011

And I totally agree with KimWallech-White and all she has to say!!! My husband and I have been Global members since 2003 - 7 yrs. This has been the best investment. With are plan we get 5 stars a year to use for expressways, value weeks, & yes cruises .We are taking a cruise to Alaska this summer.. And yes Global has destinations ALL OVER THE WORLD.!! Have stayed in Sedona AZ, Park City UT, Costa Rica, Tahoe CA, Whitefish MO, Banuff Canada. We just love Global and there resorts and have booked a least 2 times a year. Travel must be booked 60 - 120 days in advance for peak season vacations. Cruises 120 days and expressways no notice but limited to locations. The staff is friendly and so helpful with your vacation plans. This is upsetting for me to see complaints like the above made about Global. The company is GREAT!! Mischelle

NList641 Jan 17, 2011

My Wife and I Joined about 2 months ago. I purchased in the hi pressure situation then came home to see these kind of comments. I was/am concerned, so we have put in our first request. Two 3 bedroom condo's in Myrtle beach, SC in July. I have spoken to Marsha several times. She says she is waiting for a second condo to open up. She says there is currently one available in a facility called water pointe I. When I spoke to her I asked what she thought the chances of getting the second condo were. She said she was confident. I told her that if we have to we will book one with GDV and another on our own as I have seen that there are condo's open on our week. However this will cost us about $400 more. I will post again as this progresses. I just wanted to post something for those out there that were in the same situation as me.

They pulled me in with the free offer but once we heard the product we thought it would be good for our family of 5. So I am not that concerned about the free stuff being crap. But I really want the program to work the way they say it does. If not I will be in on the class action suit. I will keep you updated.

• Tr
    Troy1970 Jan 23, 2011

I agree its a scam, the free vacation had such restrictions and fees that it was the same as just paying for a vacation. We are paying off the credit card this month and I honestly dont think we will ever use the service. I have looked at the condos that are offered they sure dont look like the ones that where shown during the sales pitch. If there is a class action suit let me know, I'm in on it. [email protected]
    Troy

• To
    ToProtectTheInnocent Jan 25, 2011

My wife and I joined global connections in 2005 and and it's been the best investment we've ever made. example #1: we were able to get 2 two-bedroom condos at the mayan palace north of playa del carmen. the retail rate for each condo was $350.00/night or $2, 450/wk. we paid $89.00 for each condo ($178.00 total) for the week! that's $2, 900.00 worth of accommodations for $178.00!!! example #2: we requested a 2 bedroom condo in ixtapa/zihuatinejo. unfortunately, they weren't able to get us a 2 bedroom so... they gave us two 1 bedroom condos, but only charged us one reservation fee of $89.00! i'm not sure what the retail rate was per night, but the resort was located on a cliff overlooking ixtapa and it had a condola to take us down to the beach. awesome! we only paid $3, 600.00 for our lifetime membership so we've already recouped our investment. and to know we will only pay the $389.00 activity fee in the years we travel is a huge relief.

On one hand, I hope the people complaining are members and not people who went for the free gift only. as someone said, the travel gifts are purchased from a third party vendor and if anyone thinks they can listen to a 90 min. presentation and get an unrestricted travel gift, shame on them. on the other hand, if members are complaining, I feel sorry for them because they're missing a great opportunity.in my opinion, they are either "glass half-empty" kind of people who look for things to complain about or they, unfortunately, had a bad experience. let it go! read your paperwork or, better yet, go back into a local office for a refresher course on how to book a vacation.

If you're going to travel, how are you going to travel? option #1: hotel?? really?? $200-300 per night and you get a receipt at the end of the week? option #2: timeshare? really, really?? you're complaining about your investment in global connections, but you'll pay $20, 000-75, 000 for a timeshare? option #3: always visit family so you can stay for free? quit being a mooch. option #4: global connections? always stay in condos for $89.00/wk (you may pay more if you joined after 2005 when I joined). it was a no brainer for us!

• Es
    EStout Feb 23, 2011

nee cee gee, kishoyian, CAGC, Troy1070, NList641

Thank you for your recent posts. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about our travel membership. My phone number is (913) 660-7780. The promotions that a couple of you mention are provided by marketing companies. Unfortunately they are not fulfilled by GCI. If you have questions about the promotions, I would be happy to put you in touch with a representative that could answer these questions for you. Again, you are more than welcome to contact me directly so I can assist you.

Eric Stout
    Operations Manager
    Global Connections, Inc
    (913) 660-7780

• Mw
    M. Who Jan 05, 2020

@EStout Hi Eric, about three weeks ago i tried to book a room for Hawaii for August and was told it was too late that i needed to do this a year in advance!!! What happened tho GDV? I had booked years ago tho Hawaii and had no problems. So i changed my destination to Mexico and was told, they have nothing available! I remember when i could chose any month and there would be places to go. Now GDV had maybe one our two states. Also, everything has been turned into a PEAK so more stars need to be used, when before you can travel with one star. Now we have to go through a travel agent instead of doing our own planning and searching where we want to stay. I use to tell people about GDV but have stopped because now i feel like you are becoming like a timeshare "scam". Very disappointed. You are welcome to contact me.

• Ex
    exposed Mar 02, 2011

i agree

Maine Guy Mar 09, 2011

My wife and I have NEVER been able to use our membership for any travel. The response is always we want to travel too soon, there is nothing available where we want to go, or they don't have property in the places we like, even though they say they have exchange programs. We enjoy the All Inclusive traveling, but that is not available with them, either. One time we went thru the travel agency for airline tickets. Before I purchased the tickets at the member special price, I checked the airline's web sight and found the same flight for much less ! We would definitely be interested in participating in a Class Action Suit also.

sarah poore Jul 25, 2017

@Maine Guy I think I am interested in a class action suit as well. I feel the same as main guy! anytime I look there are no all inclusive packages, no savings on travel, hotels are mediocre, and never family vacation rentals for family of 6 anywhere I want to go!

Jeanne Robinson Jul 23, 2019

@sarah poore Me too, they convinced us to pay for the trial. We cannot find anything that we could not get a cheaper rate on and refuse to pay more in order to use what we paid for already. I think people who are satisfied had low expectations.

Jeanne Robinson Aug 19, 2019

@Jeanne Robinson We were convinced to pay for the trial as well, it seemed like a no brainer, we would save more than we paid for the trial. Absolutely untrue and now we are just out the money we paid. It turns out, now I feel like I actually checked my brain at the door. "If it seems to good to be true, it is."

• Wo
    WorkingMom2019 Nov 12, 2019

@Jeanne Robinson We were also scammed by this company in 2017. We tried to leave several times and they kept blocking us and spouting off more bullshit until we finally caved because we felt extremely pressured. They belittle and bully you into buying this program that isn't worth it. We still have 2 more years to pay on it because they won't let us out of the contract. We decided to use it and the destinations are places people don't want to go to! Or the prices is way up due to their "peak season". Most of the destinations are whole in the wall places in the middle of nowhere. We are so disappointed in ourselves for not standing up and demanding they let us leave. We don't have the thousands of dollars they suckered us into. Someone has to start a class action against them. I don't even care about the money I paid the last two years. I just want it to stop.

harrison cutie Mar 09, 2011

[censor] u all...i have won lincoln navigator frm global discovery

harrison cutie Mar 09, 2011

chicken beef burger also given to me as well...frm global discovery

harrison cutie Mar 09, 2011

they also drop home back with my whore as well...but told them to say a night with my whore only 50$...if u are interested in [censor]ing a whore contact me 508-282-3135

NList641 Mar 10, 2011

Well I can see it has been 52 days since my last post. I am still waiting for conformation on my Two 3 bedroom condo's in Myrtle beach. Marsha has never called back, I have left two messages. In thier defense someone not her called back about 3 days ago to say that she is thinking that some more inventory will open soon. I told her I need to know because I have 16 people trying to plan for vacation. I am not happy that they require 120 days for me to reserve but are not able to return the courtesy to me by saying yes or no to my request. We are very close to the 120 day window in order for us to decide if we want to try a different location??? I will continue to update as we go along. Getting nervous and starting to think about stopping the monthly payment. I am hoping this will turn out as just a difficult request since it was two 3 bedroom condos? NLIST641

DouginSC Mar 17, 2011

My wife and I bought into Global 6 years and I really having nothing bad to say about them. I listened during the presentation and totally understood the program before purchasing and we have now used our stars in both Orlando 2 times and just booked a trip in May of 2011, and also been to Myrtle Beach numerous times on Expressways. It benefits you best if you understand the program and h0w to utilize it. We have more than gotten our money's worth out of our purchase.

NList641 Mar 23, 2011

I saw eric stout's # and name on other boards for complaints. I gave it a call. he called me back the next day. he asked about our situation, I explained that we told the sales force we wanted to use this for the family vacation this year because we had a house booked but were called and told the managing company lost that house and we now had no reservation. we thought this would work. he explained that the club is not designed to travel 16 people. I said I understand at we wanted to use it like this for this one time. he said they are buying new properties in myrtle now but would have a hard time finding 2ea 3 bedroom or 3ea 2 bedrooms in the same ocean front property. he did say they could probably get us in one of the golf resorts off of the beach. he also made offers for openings in naples, fl www.greenlinksnaples.com we are beach folks so this would not work for us but it was an option. then he said he could probably get us all in a kissime, fl. my wife and I got into the club specifically to take the kids to disney. however we are not ready with the $ to pay and do it the way we want to this july. again it was a nice option. he let me take a day to discuss it with the family, said he would put the kissime places on hold because it is filling up fast. I called him back today to let him know that the options won't work for us. he said they are buying up more and that there was a 25% chance to get all 16 in in myrtle. he said give them one week. I said at the end of that week what happens, do we have to cancel the request and start over (cause we are now inside the 120 peak request time frame) he said no we can just cancel one of the request and you would have an 85% chance of getting a two bedroom ocean front for the dates we requested. so that is where we are at right now. I will say he was polite and seemed geniunely interested in fullfillng our needs. so in short it doesnt seem like it will work for the 16 person family vacation which sucks but they didn't really promise that in the presentation. but seems like I will be able to get my 5 person immediate family booked with no problems. I will update as it move further.

• Ts
    tslow Apr 02, 2011

I agree with all the complaints. We have been trying to get something booked for about 6-8 weeks now and can not get anyone to consistently return calls. We are trying to book a vacation for September which according to their own season guide is not peak virtually anywhere. We placed a request back in February, was told it was a no-go (after about 2-3 weeks of phone tag) then we submitted another request and have not heard back, we called the rep almost every day and then requested a supervisor after about 3-4 weeks. The supervisor finally called and said she would look into it and we have not heard back. I cannot think of anything more frustrating than people not calling you back and being so dependent on agents who are pretty obvious in their ambivalence towards you. I have no idea at this point if we will ever get something booked or if anyone will ever call us. My email is [email protected], I guarantee to anyone reading this I will start a lawsuit against this company. If you want to email me I am going to give it about 2 more weeks than I am going to start contacting attorneys as well as the state attorney general in every state they do business. I am not the type of person to let a company get away with something like this. At this point it is teetering on theft and fraud.

• Ts
    tslow Apr 10, 2011

I figured I would update to be fair to Global Travel. After I stumbled across this website, I came upon another website that listed the names of many in the management team of Global. I emailed the entire group and did receive a response within a couple of hours. It was a Saturday. We have now been able to book the trip we wanted. While we greatly appreciate the responsiveness of the mangement we wish the people who we have to deal with would be as helpful. I think Global would have a much better rep if they would just be more communicative. We were later told by upper mgmt that they were waiting to hear from the resort on if they had availability the week we wanted to go but they did have availability the next week. Why wouldn't someone just tell us that? Needless to say once we heard that we switched to the next week, paid the fee and now have a confirmed reservation.

• Pb
    pbsc Apr 10, 2011

What are the positives for this company? is anyone happy? the fact that eric stout was responsive to nlist 641's specific situation is impressive but I see that the squeaky wheel got the oil since nlist took the time to call stout. we just signed on with gci (gvn) yesterday and are trying to decide if we made a good decision. we will call and cancel if we don't get some positive feedback, so I was glad to see at least some positive comments on this blog. we are not really concerned with the incentive gift and how well it works, sounds like it is laden with particulars and extra fees we're not inclined to pay. we are interested in whether or not we'll be able to get the location and type of condo we need for our family of 5 with the 120 days notice they told us of yesterday. anyone have comments on whether you've been able to get what you're looking for when you do follow their guidelines?

NList641 Apr 19, 2011

Well I am back to update, We were offered 2ea two bedroom condo's in Hilton Head, SC about 3/4 mile walk from the beach. These are rated for 6 people each. We had 11 adults and 5 kids so we decided that these accomodations would not suit us. Prior to this Mr. Stout had said to me that the system is not meant to accomadate 16. When he said this I asked him if we turn down the prior offer and just decided to go with my immediate family of 5 would we have to start over (120 days out). He said no and that they would be able to place us. We agreed, removed our request for 2ea three bedroom facilities and asked for 1ea 2 bedroom facility, ocean front with a pool, anywhere in the Carolina's. That was about three weeks ago. Our dates were week of July 16th. I emailed Mr. Stout and his represntitive a week ago asking for a status update. I have not recieved a reply yet...I will continue to follow up and post results here.
    NLIST

NList641 Apr 20, 2011

Well do not know if it is coincidence or because of the earlier post. But got a call and an email today. They have a two bedroom condo in www.myrtle-beach-resort.com. It is in the Reniasance Tower. Ocean view. Looks good to us, we are going to confirm and have vacation planned. I will follow up after the vacation week of july 9th.
    Nlist

• Pb
    pbsc Apr 20, 2011

Nlist and tslow: thank you for your updates. We did keep our membership and turned in a request via fax as soon as we received our member number. We had a similar request, July 18 - 25th, 2011; 2 br for family of 5, condo, short walk to the beach in Hilton Head, SC. We did get a phone call about 48 hours later that our fax had been received. We've not heard anything back yet. Meanwhile we were able to easily book a 2 BR condo in Hilton Head, short walk from the beach for July 2-9th, 2011 through the Hilton Head Chamber of Commerce via online booking. We booked online Sunday, got an email confirmation and phone call to confirm on Monday. We jumped at the opportunity as we were not sure what Global would come back with 10 days down the road. We didn't want to lose the condo and the date. Its was so easy and fast, makes me wonder why we even signed up with Global. Their operations are too cumbersome. Sounds to me from previous posts, they just are not able to move quickly enough and be responsive to members in the manner that we expect and need in today's fast-moving world. How many of us really know 120 days to 6 months in advance whether we'll be able to take a vacation? Global, while the concept and buying power sound great, needs to re-train so their associates move faster or at least give the impression to members that they are. Perhaps more return phone calls to members updating them on their progress as Nlist describes above. pbsc

• Ga
    gand May 03, 2011

Has anyone had any success getting out of this program yet? We so definitely want OUT!

• Wo
    worldmom Oct 10, 2017

@gand This is my question too. Can't seem to find a way.

NList641 May 24, 2011

Pbsc... I must disagree with the fast past comment. I am not aware of too many folks who can just jump up and go on vacation at less than 120 days. for us our other family was able to get booked into the same facility we are booked for, they also have a two bedroom lay out. we will pay the $400 yearly fee plus $159 reservation fee = $559 our family members payed $1200 for the same condo. $1200-$559=$641 saved. member ship 4 stars 4 expressways (less than 60 days notice) $4500 / $641= 7 trips savings will have paid for the membership. that is probably conservative, we will be trying for disney soon. that might be higher savings. we are also interested in the carribean, that I know will be higer savings. so 7 trips or less we will have paid for our lifetime membership. with that here is the disclaimer. we have not gone yet. so as I said before, I will post again when I get back from this trip. hope this helps in whatever way you need it to.
    Nlist641

• Mc
    M Cat Jun 24, 2017

@NList641 We are 9 year members, and I never post to these types of things... but my daughter and I just returned last week from st. lucia... thank you global! it was an expressway for $185. 1 bedroom condo with kitchen. we have always been flexible on our destinations and have never been let down. I must admit that after we bought I had buyers remorse because of all of the bad press... but we are totally pleased.

• Su
    Sundogg Jun 12, 2011

We should have had our heads checked before we got sucked into this scam! If you are really looking for travel deals, you don't have to look far to beat what they are trying to sell you. Go to any legitimate travel agent or direct on the internet and you will get what you pay for. With GVN all you get is excuses and false promises. They just sent me a request for renewal, there is no way I will send then another dollar. I will just take my hit on the cash I laid out up front and drown my sorrows. If anyone has the balls to put together a class action suite... count me in! These people are the closest thing to laid off used car salesman! Even their promo gifts are a scam. We put in for a week in Myrtle Beach also over 6 months ago and we still haven't heard anything. We gave them 3 options and now we are within weeks of option 3 expiring and no news from GVN. This whole company is a bad joke perpetrated at the cost of the consumer. They walk the grey line between truth in advertising and scam. The bottom line is... all they want is your money, and all you get is heart burn, promises, and an empty wallet! Run, don't walk and get far away from these scoundrels. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true is usually is! Some of these posts that rave about their experiences are planted and designed to smooth you over. Don't fall for it! Before you spend a dollar, talk to someone who has dealt with them.
    Sundog - Trenton Mi.

NList641 Jul 18, 2011

Well here it is the sunday after are week at Myrtle beach resort using our global membership. This is the final installment for this saga. We had to call to confirm and the confirmation number that we had was globals not myrtle beach resorts. I emailed and left Heather (at global a message on thurs after hours) then I called the resort back since the confirmation from global had the room number on it. I asked if they had our reservation for that room number and they said yes. First thing Friday morning I had an email from Heather as well as a phone message with the correct confirmation number. When we arrived Saturday around 6pm we walked in got our keys and off we went. The resort was a great place and our room was well decorated and equiped. It was not a 5 star resort but I didn't expect it to be. We had everything we needed to cook every night. My family was able to book in the same resort so we all ended up going together like we wanted to. My inlaws had a room in a different building, two bedroom same as ours. They paid $1400 for the week. My Mother and Sister waited until the week before we left and found a private owner that negotiated with them. They paid $900 for the week. I must say my sister talked to another private owner and offered $900 and the owner said she was insulted and hung up. My wife and I agree that our room (RT1614) was the best of the three. We paid $400 Activation fee and $159 processing fee ($559) We used 3 of our 4 stars. So we can say we saved on the high side $841 and on the low end $341. After our first trip with Global we are happy with what we recieved. If the service level continues like this then we have made a good investment.
    NLIST641

• Gc
    gcar74 Sep 07, 2011

I am in the same boat! We owe this lying cheating company over $2, 000 and if I stop paying it will ruin my credit! What a bunch of crap! If you love to travel blindly (no idea where or what you will have to sleep in) or you love to drop $600-$800 at check in this is the company for you! In no way shape or form is this a good deal! I do not need anyone to explain how this package works...it simply does not!
    If you pursue a class action suit...I am in! In fact, I think I might just call an attorney myself!

• Gc
    gcar74 Sep 07, 2011

My husband and I are going to kick ourselves eternally for this poor poor decision! Try to travel with this company, I just dare you to! Its an absolute nightmare! Nothing is available and if it is it is no where anyone wants to go. Absolute and total rip off!
    If you want to sue these people...please count me in!

In fact, maybe we will just call a lawyer!

• Fl
    floridapt1 Sep 20, 2011

We just signed up with this company a few days ago, for the 1 star package ($1900 for 1 star and 4 expressways)... we are more interested in getting the discounts on cruises than staying in the condos... has anyone booked a cruise through GDV, or flown to Europe? I'm looking for some positive feedback so I don't kick myself later for joining...

• Th
    ThatWasNotNice Oct 26, 2011

Count us in! We all work so hard for our money and to have a company make false promises is just criminal. Because none of it was in writing and we were beyond our 3 day cancellation period, our credit card company can not assist us. I would love to sell it back to them for half the price and take the hit, would feel better than the constant reminder of how gullible we were. All of us hard working people (14 hour days during busy season here) do not have time to read the book and search the website in 3 days and trusted a professional salesman's lies (yes, very foolish). Value weeks, there are 12 of which 3 are holiday weeks for most areas. We were quite specific about our needs and were assured this was the club is the perfect fit for us. NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that works into our hectic work schedules. Thanks guys, we so appreciate being taken advantage of.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices