Resolved Giftcard MallFailed to deliver gift

C

I paid GiftCardmall.com $50.00 to deliver an I-Tunes electronic gift card on Valentine's day and they charged my account, but never sent my gift. I called them 3 times. They gave me no help at all. I have written them multiple times. Nobody has called me yet. I was told that somebody would call me within 2 days. I've been searching the internet for complaints and it seems to be happening to a lot of other people too. I read one review by a man who said that he ordered $4600 worth of gifts from them and 5 days after the holidays he still didn't have them, but of course they still managed to charged his card for $4600. I will never buy another gift card from GiftCardMall.com again and neither should you!

• Ev
    everybuyer Apr 14, 2010

DO NOT BUY any gift card from GIFTCARDMALL.
    I bought giftcard, then used it for purchase.
    Then learned purchase will no go through without an address, so i registered with an address, but GIFTCARDMALL after calling 6 times and 12 peoiple and 60 minutes of time, will NOT release the funds.
    They want to use these funds for 8 days until the are released...huh...i bought this card to use now, not have them wait 8 days...Their telephone line is a hassle and people there do not help.
    GIFTCARDMALL will no release the purchaseI will never buy another gift card from GiftCardMall.com again and neither should you!

• St
    Stephen_Lynch Apr 14, 2010

As a public relations representative for Blackhawk Network (Gift Card Mall™) I wanted to inform you that the company is researching this issue. If you need any assistance please feel free to contact my coworker at [email protected]

• Da
    DAWNELLE00 May 14, 2010

I PURCHASED A VISA GIFT CARD FROM THEM AND NOW IT'S BEEN 11 DAYS AND I'VE CALLED 3 TIMES. THEY TRIED TELLING ME IT TAKES 15 DAYS TO RECIEVE IT. WELL, I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN! I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO PURCHASE FROM THEM EITHER!!!

• Lm
    lmitchell May 19, 2010

I had purchased a gift card from gift card mall and the recipient never recieved it. I had called and the said they sent out a new one- never recieved it. It is now a month later and I called again they said they're gonna send out ANOTHER one, but who knows if it will ever get there. After reading other reviews from customers, all I'm seeing is complaints. I will NEVER purchase ANYTHING from this company again.

Jorris_20 May 27, 2010

Their customer service is so rude. They located in Vietnam and they suspended my account and said it was suspended and there was no reason for it. I have faxed a complaint letter to the fax number in Florida and they never responded. So I have filed BBB with them. My card has been suspended for two months and they refuse to unsuspend it. Do not do business with them they have an F-. They also use your information in fraudulent ways so DO NOT GIVE YOUR ADDRESS TO THEM!!! This company will not change until they get slapped with a major lawsuit. I hope the government seeks so actions against them. They deserve it in every way.

• Le
    leorulez Oct 20, 2010

Totally agree with all the complaints. I wish I had read these complaints before

• Co
    Cowen Dec 11, 2010

I with I had read these complaints before contacting this company!!! THIS IS THE MOST HORRID COMPANY, OTHER THAN LIVING SOCIAL, THAT I HAVE EVER TRIED TO WORK WITH. I placed an order on line for Christmas gift cards for some of our employees (71 $50.00 cards) and paid the overnight shipping charge. The website indicates that orders ship withing 2-3 business days. I had received no shipping information by the thirds business day and contacted them. I was told that the could would ship that day. They did not. I called the next day and was told there was a "glitch" and was assured the cards would be shipping that day, the order was being "escalated". When the didn't ship that day, I cancelled the order and ordered cards from AmEx. Imagine my surprise when I received an email the next moring with a shipping number where the cards were shipped AFTER I cancelled the order. I contacted the customer service (service should not be in that job title) and was told that it takes 2-3 business days to cancel and order. No one could explain to me why I wasn't told that when I placed the cancellation or why it took them so long to cancel an order, when they charged my credit card immediately upon my placing the order. Ultimately, I had our receiving department refuse the UPS shipment and have contacted by credit card company to dispute the charge.

• Ow
    Owen's Wife Dec 28, 2010

My mother-in-law ordered some visa gift cards from them for Christmas this year. We did get the cards, but couldn't get them activated. She started trying to get the cards activated on December 13th and I started trying on Christmas Eve. I couldn't get any help from anyone affiliated with giftcardmall.com until i searched around and found a website for the corporate office www.blackhawknetwork.com there i found an address of 5918 Stone Ridge Mall Road Pleasanton, CA 94588 and a phone number of 925-226-9990. I called that number and immediately spoke with Vanessa. I told her my problem and she said she would call me back in 10 minutes and to my surprise she did. She got my cards activated. Her direct line is /removed/. She was alot more help than the idiots that call themselves customer service. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE.

• So
    Soo Dissapointed Jan 13, 2011

We received visa gift cards as well for Christmas and could not activate them. The purchaser who was sent the activation codes have yet to receive them.. So here we are with plastic cards that are NO GOOD to us. With thier schedules and ours it is difficult to call giftcardmall.. Since the purchaser can only call to get new activation codes.. This is a nightmare, its not even worth the $$$. I refuse to let them keep my families money in vain, so we will get them activated and used!!! I WILL NEVER EVER buy from Giftcardmall!! Every review I have read says the same thing, they SUCK!!

• Sm
    smash4reason Feb 08, 2011

we received a giftcardmall gift card for christmas from our aunt. we went on giftcardmall.com/activate to activate our card and choose a retail store to use the card at. (this was a new process for us in general...usually you get a Visa gift card and you are able to use it wherever...whenever...without having to choose before hand where you want to use it) the website said that the card # was located on the back of the card...which it was not...it was imprinted on the front...and then it asked for the activation code which was to be found on the sleeve it was sent in...unfortunately we do not have that...our aunt must have...so at this point I decided to call the # on the back of the card. Twice I called and I entered my card number and it was not found, and twice when I was connected to a customer service rep. it was a recording of a live person asking for my number. I would speak into my phone...and nothing...and then the same recording that I just heard would speak again...I would speak my card # to her...and then...yet again...the same "fake" recording would come on...I don't know what they are trying to pull...but I am pretty disgusted...and I will follow up with this after reaching out to my aunt...so that we can get her $$$ back...WHAT A SCAM!!!DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$$$!!!

• Pa
    PayPower Feb 08, 2011

Hello,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Please send the specifics of your card along with your contact information to [email protected] so that we may investigate the issue.

Public Relations for Gift Card Mall

• Je
    Jeff31 Feb 09, 2011

I am having similar problems getting an activation code with giftcardmall.com. I am waiting on the third attempt. Today I have emailed as many people as possible in hopes that I will receive the code. How anyone can think its acceptable to go for a month without a code is baffling to me. If anyone from giftcardmall wants to return my emails (which they havent for a month). Or blackhawknetwork wants to contact me my email is [email protected]

• Pa
    PayPower Feb 09, 2011

Hello,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Please send your contact information to [email protected] so that we may assist you.

Public Relations for Gift Card Mall

• Je
    Jeff31 Feb 12, 2011

Interesting, I did send my contact information, and received one email from you, and thats the last I heard from you in the past two days, but thanks for the sincere apology. I hope the people at giftcardmall can activate my card.

• Ct
    CT Media Powerhouse Aug 20, 2011

I purchased a card from Gift Card Mall and went to use it multiple times and it kept getting declined. I called and called and finally got someone from overseas on the phone who told me that there was a hold on my account from the gas station I tried using it at. This same gas station did not put a hold of any funds for the last card I used with another company the DAY BEFORE. .

This is a fraudulent company, do not purchase any of their cards. I am in the media here in CT with a great relationship with those who matter in state government, I will work to prevent them from selling these fraudulent cards in my state.

GiftCardMall Aug 22, 2011

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and we would like to help you resolve this issue. Please send us your card and contact information to [email protected] so that we may assist you.

PR for Gift Card Mall

• Jm
    jmbarham Dec 27, 2011

It seems their website to register these cards are extremely slow. I was registering my card and finally got to the area to input your information, after doing so it took me no where except back to the login/registration screen. It seems to me their website is faulty along with their customer service help. I used to not have any problem registering or using their gift cards, until now. I have a 50.00 gift card that I purchased today that I have been trying to get activated for almost an hour. This is quite sickening, if they wish to treat their customers like this, and not help them. Well then, I will be contacting my lawyer. Among that, I will be petitioning people whom have problems with their gift cards. I will be preparing to file a class action lawsuit against this company, and I will be suing them for I hope enough money to help people out who have been ripped off by this company. Simply this is bad business ethics, and these people should be sued, and locked away in jail for robbing millions of people, and I will be pushing for, and seeing through that is done.

GiftCardMall Dec 27, 2011

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with your Visa Gift Card. Please email us your card number and the initial load amount to [email protected] so we can attempt to activate the card for you.

• Ar
    Arkole Nov 12, 2012

We are a company and we purchased a gift card for an employee who would be traveling internationally. We did not want to cancel the gift card, simply transfer it over to a card which would work internationally. Lots of help they were. I explained to the woman we would never use their services again and that I would tell 20 friends not to use their services. I surely hope this reaches more than 20 people. Find another gift card site to purchase from. These people are awful!!!

GiftCardMall Nov 12, 2012

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with Gift Card Mall. Please email [email protected] so we can assist you.

• Mu
    Mushuveggie Aug 01, 2013

I recently purchased a gift card from Gift Card Mall for $50 and was declined twice. The first time, when I inquired as to why my order had been cancelled, they told me my phone number did not match the one on my bank account. Thinking I may have perhaps used my office number, I re-ordered the same gift card, this time making sure I used the same number that's on my bank account. Again, I was declined. I double-checked with my bank, and there's only ONE number on file--the same one I used for my gift card order. They seem to pride themselves on their astute security measures, but it's just a silly, absurd hassle, so I took my business elsewhere. (I wish I'd read these reviews before I wasted my time.) No more Gift Card Mall for me!

Mariusz1984 Aug 25, 2015

Terrible website to use, they make a hassle for everything. I ordered a giftcard and then it was cancelled when I called to ask what happen they would not give me a reason except said that my activity was fraudulent and their risk management team came that conclusion. When I ask what were the actually reasons the CSR said She can not say any more then that. So I get absolutely no reason why my order was cancelled or what happened and why they are locking my account which I just created to make a purchase. Not only that I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY MONEY BACK and now proceeded to file a complaint with my credit card company. Why the hell do I need to go thru all of this to make a purchase? are you kidding me? absolutely the worst site ever!!! DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!

• Mz
    MzJeepMI Dec 09, 2015

Terrible experience, the worst customer service I have experienced. Do not shop with these folks. You have several great alternatives to fill your needs for this product.

• Re
    Reviewer43301 Jan 31, 2016

The company kept cancelling my order, saying it was my credit card company. Two cc companies said the orders went through. Giftcardmall said there's nothing they can do. When I tried to discuss other possibilities, they hung up on me.

I finally got an order through. They cancelled the order and told me I can never order from their site EVER.

• Kk
    K Kirby Aug 01, 2016

GiftCardMall are bottomfeeders. I registered my cards via phone using their automated robotic system. Gave all requested information correctly. When I went into my registered account I noticed that the expiration dates were incorrect. Instead of 10/24 it was 09/24. Giftcardmall makes it almost imossible to talk to a human being. The number on the gift card only connects you to a automated system with no options for contacting a human. After a few hours of sleuthing I managed to find a number and contact a employee of the company. I was told I had to press 0 # at beginning of recording several times until it transferred to customer support. Can we discourage customer service any better than a secret code.
    When I explained the wrong date issue to a cust service rep and requested that it be corrected I was informed that it wasn't a issue and companies didn't look at that when verifying card authenticity. I am highly trained in credit card transactions from working in the retail industry for many years. I insisted it be changed and the represenative refused. Did she inform me that there was a massive IT failure resulting in wrong expiration dates on customers cards. No, she didn't. I found that out a week later after many attempts to use the cards and the transactions being declined. Today I insisted that I get my money back. Their only solution is to issue a new card and I have to wait about 2 weeks to get it. I asked for a confirmation email that a new card was owed to me and they refused to even send me a short email. So the Federal Trade Commission will be informed of their disreputable/illegal buisness practices. Along with the federal banking administration.