Having problems with Gexa Energy?

1866 961 9399 (Customer Service)
20455 State Highway 249, Suite 200
Sat8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Gexa EnergyOver charging/cancel agreements

GEXA ENERGY is a very poor company and the customer service staff are robots trained to repeat the same information. Unfortunately the main goal of Gexa is to bilch you out of as much as possible. After making an agreement for a payment plan a representative called to tell me it was all off and the plan should not have been made. What poor business practices. If you make a mistake you eat it. The first customer service rep. I talked too was not knowledgeable and left me on the line for an infinite number of minutes while I was waiting for a supervisor who never got on the line. I hung up. Called back got another rep. male this time nicer but still a robot.

Gexa was at fault but one can tell these drones sit in a booth with a computer screen repeating what they are programmed to say regardless of the situation. NO PERSONAL SERVICE AVAILABLE HERE!

Gexa comes on with an offer of low kilowatt hours but goes up immediately. BEWARE!

After being with Gexa 4 years I am actively seeking another company who at least has some real human beings on the other side of the phone. I do plan to report all details to the better Business Bureau as well as rhe Public Utilities Comission [protected].

I can't go into all the details of my dissatisfaction but GEXA IS A PUBLIC UTILITY NIGHTMARE! The business practices are so poor its incredible!

Gexa Corporate Office
20 Greenway Plaza, Suite 600
Houston, Texas 77046

I wonder if corporate really understands what their customers experience. I doubt it and I will see if they really care. I doubt it. Just another GREEDY CORPORATION like the MADoff's of the world.

Don't bother to call customer service. You'll see if you call they all repeat the same script.

It's a shame all these power companies and customers still are victims of a system that fails to monitor these utility crooks!

STAY AWAY FROM GEXA! You've been warned they are deathly!

• Ri
      Rich Jan 13, 2009

I got gouged by them as well - over $0.21 per KWH last month when natural gas was at a 5 year low! I had a month to month plan expecting gas prices to drop (which they did big time) and electricity to follow. Gas did, Gexa Energy did not! There resoning - "You should have signed up for a fixed rate term contract". let's see... why would they be pushing me toward a fixed contract at a time when prices are freefalling? I'll bet it has something to do with future profits. Do you think? Last December my bill was $493. This year $1005 and last year I used MORE electricity!

They are perfectly willing to setup and exploit their customers. After many calls I've decided the only way to combat a predatory retail organization is through consumer activisim. I've documented my position at www.gexa-gouges.com

• Al
      alan thomas Feb 12, 2009

So I'm not alone in being part of the Gexa "Robbery with Silence" marketing program courtesy of the offices of the Gexa Gougers
      I would like to join Rich in his attempts at Consumer Activism, but the 'e'mail address on www.gexa-gouges.com doesn't seem to function.
      One thing his site taught me was that Gexas had changed the
      "Offering" code seven (7) times on my bills!! I have never received any offers other than the original in July 2006. This may not amount to fraud, but it certainly sounds very deceptive.
      I am also curious if they can justify their vast price discrimination, an area worth pursuing.
      Sassenach

gexacase Feb 19, 2009

I am an affected customer, and an attorney, and am speaking with law firms who handle class actions. I have reason to believe their price increases were unlawful. Please let me know if you're interested in getting involved. [protected]@yahoo.com

• Li
      Lizzie S Jul 31, 2019

I am I have been scammed these are the highest electricity bills I have ever had to pay

• Li
      Lizzie S Jul 31, 2019

Dear all; how can I get out of my contract with GEXA I have been scammed and have had enough... I signed up for one year just to find out they sign me up for 3 and my bill is to the roof there is no breakdown to help explain the charges. Please advise what options do I have ? you cannot trust these thieves

Gexa EnergyBait & Switch Rates

Signed up with Gexa because they had a very low energy/electricity rate. After a few months of service the rate continued to soar for no reason. Natural Gas and oil prices (major factor in electricity pricing) are way down yet my energy price continues to rise. I am now at 21 cents a kilowatt hour a full 10 cents above a normal rate. I call and they say it is due to the hurrican???? What I can change to any other company and pay almost half - so I did. Gexa is a rip off stay away from this company. Not only do they steal your money it takes FOREVER to get ahold of anyone at the company.

Gexa Energy — Customer Service

After paying my electric bill online, apparently Gexa didn't receive my payment. However, instead of...

Gexa EnergyBait and Switch

Gexa Energy seems to lure customers in with substantially reduced rates but once the contract expires the rates jump substantially. Our area was devastated by Hurricane Ike and when our rates went up we assumed it was a one time adjustment because meter readers were unavailable for the month and so energy companies estimated usage from prior months. When it stayed high we finally took a closer look at the bill. Gexa jumped us up from paying around 14-17 cents per kilowatt hour to 21.03 cents. The fault was ours for not paying close enough attention but their ability to jump charges that high without informing customers is a shame.

Our advice: Watch your bills like a hawk and don’t be afraid to jump ship as soon as those rates start climbing higher than the competition.

One more complaint is with their service department – don’t expect to get a service representative that is knowledgeable or pleasant. Gexa does allow you to call in each month to negotiate a lower amount but of course, they don’t publicize that. If you use them on a fixed rate contract switch as soon as your contract has expired. Maybe the company will get the message and stop their bait and switch activities.

Gexa EnergyUnethical Billing Practices

GEXA ENERGY ENGAGES IN UNETHICAL BILLING PRACTICES. They have increased my rates SIXTY TWO PERCENT in 3 months, right after promising me the lowest rate in the market! In addition, I have been charged unwarranted late fees repeately on my bills, all while my bills were paid timely.

The details: First, they promised a 13 cent per Kwh rate when I signed up. Their ads they give you the impression that they are the cheapest provider in the market. Of course I signed up in response to the ads. Once I did they proceded to increase my rate more than 62% in 3 quick months! My electric bill at my condo had never been higher than $300, ever... even earlier this year with another provider. Once I went with Gexa, I saw my rate increase to MORE THAN $8OO PER MONTH!! For a condo!!! That's absolutely ABSURD.

Meanwhile, they set up their billing so that it's nearly impossible to pay on time if you pay by check. I never use auto pay services with any vendors because to do so is giving others the keys to your checking account or credit card. However, I pay all of my bills on time with a check. Most vendors give you 30 days from their billing date to pay and be considered timely. This is common business practice and is logical. Gexa's trick is that they only give you 17 DAYS from their statement date TO PAY! You don't have time to get them your check on time.

The key here is that it's from their STATEMENT DATE. The meter is running before the bill ever leaves their office, and they give you an unprecedently short period of time thereafter to pay. By the time they mail you your statement, you receive it at your mailbox, then you write a check to them, and then they finally receive it in the mail, there's a good chance that it's been slightly more than 17 days. Certainly it's been less than 30 days, so you're on time, paying before the next billing cycle closes. However, it's likely been a few more than 17 days so according to Gexa, you're late! You've paid 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE NEXT MONTH'S BILL is sent out, yet they hit you with a $35+ late fee, PLUS INTEREST.

This billing trick is especially effective if you have the audacity to go out of town on a business or pleasure trip for a few days and don't happen to get the Gexa bill the day it arrives in the mail.

TOTAL SCAM!!

I called about my SIXTY TWO PERCENT RATE INCREASE and my UNETHICAL LATE CHARGES. Gexa staff said they would change me to a fixed rate plan (for a FEE), and they also said they would reverse only one late fee as, get this, ... "a courtesy"... but they wouldn't adjust the two others they put on my account.

I have switched providers. In the end, this company loses out because I was with my former provider for more than 11 years. GEXA RIPPED ME OFF FOR FOUR MONTHS, BUT THAT'S ALL THEY'RE GOING TO GET FROM ME.

I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE. THERE ARE OTHER PROVIDERS TO CHOOSE FROM!!!

Gexa EnergyUnwarranted Rate Increases

GEXA raised my rate from .158 to .1904 in the usage month of October, 2008. I could find no other electric provider in Texas that raised their rates during this period, especially by over .03hr. When I called them and asked why, they said it was due to their wholesale cost. When I argued with them that no other company in Texas raised variable rates and in fact most lowered them, they said there was nothing they could do and under no circumstances would they adjust my bill. I also reminded them that Reliant's rate (which GEXA claims is the rate they try to beat) is currently at .116, but that made no difference to the supervisor I talked with. I have since switched my service, but still find this to be unfair and usurous treatment. What do we have other than the company's word that their wholesale cost went up enough during this period to warrant such an increase? I also noticed they dropped their variable rate plans in my area coincidentally with this unwarranted increase. My suspicion is this increase was their way of getting me to commit to a fixed rate. Why not just ask me to switch instead of using such underhanded tactics?

Likewise, not only would I not recommend GEXA, I will make it known anywhere I can that this is not a company to do business with.

• Sc
              Scott Dec 04, 2008

I spoke with 3 unprofessional representatives this evening shortly before I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau & the Public Utility Commission of Texas.

I couldn't believe my billing in November. I had been a customer for nearly 2 years, & as long as gas prices were increasing, we didn't hesistate to pay the utility bills. In November, price at the pumps had dropped very significantly. GEXA actually raised my electric rates 7%! Competition had lowered rates ~ 40%. GEXA is holding up our utility switch ... & planning to bill at 2 times the rate. We never had a late bill, & there is no explanation other than ENRON-like greed.

The first representative I spoke with indicated they (GEXA) were trying to convert customers to long-term contracts. It was definitely the wrong approach to take with me. The 2nd representative placed my billing in dispute so electric would not be disconnected. I was to hear back on a rate edit for my billing cycle. Both representatives gave me firm feedback that their phones were ringing off the hook with dissatisfied customers. Without any further contact, I received a disconnect notice a week later. The 3 representatives I spoke with tonight threatened disconnect & credit problems. They informed me there was no dispute system. Outrageous. Houston does not need another ENRON. Billing at twice the going rate (3 times the going rate if you compare to a coal burning utility) is simply unethical. I believe the Public Utility Commission needs to step in. Do what you can to spread the word & make your voice heard. GEXA is no longer advertising contracts for other than 6 & 12 month terms in my area.

Josh Jan 29, 2009

Like both you Mike and Scott, I got screwed completely out of the blue. In my case it's particularly bad because my house is not very well insulated and tends to do pretty bad in the winter months since it's 100% electric. Therefore, I'm actually quite used to paying $400 a month for December and January. I'm trying to save up to have the necessary insulating and window replacement done, but that's all very costly. In any case, I was not prepared for the $800 bill that arrived in Jan. I've had there Gexa Green 100% renewable plan for the past two or more years, which according to my past bills has always carried a 14 cent per Kwh cost. There was never a change in that cost at all, not until starting in October, when the price started climbing a penny or so a month. Then in December, the cost went straight to 20 cents!!! Well, that combined with my crappy insulation really screwed me. I'm just amazed that a company can do ### like this. I'm seriously tempted to not pay them, credit be damned.

As for their claim of converting people to a "Fixed Plan", that's complete and utter stupidity. Back when I signed up there was no such thing... and if there were, sure... I as well as any SANE person would have gone with a fixed plan because they are usually cheaper and half the reason most of us went with Gexa is because they were supposed to be cheap! So why on earth would they think they can bring in this "fixed" plan and not promote it, not tell anyone about it and then just bombshell all there customers with high rates because suddenly everyone is on a "variable" plan that they never agreed to be on in the first place.

In any case, I wish there was a way to coordinate everyone who is dealing with this because then maybe we could chip in and get a class action lawsuit against them for deceptive practices. At the very least, it'd be great to collectively agree to not pay... can you imagine... half or more of their customers just not paying for a month. That'd really put them in a pinch. As is, it's likely that they screwed nearly all there customers with this rate crap they are pulling so I'd venture that they won't be around as a company much longer. In my case I actually noticed the upward price trend a couple months back so I started a switch to Reliant in mid-December, but that wasn't fast enough to stop myself from getting screwed in a final blow from Gexa.

• Ri
              Rich Feb 11, 2009

I read your complaint and I too have been gouged by Gexa Energy. Outrageous! My December bill was over $1000. Last year, Gexa charged just over $400 for more killowatts!

Anyway, I'm fighting back. I cannot sit by while they ripe off others. See my answer to these jerks:

www.gexa-gouges.com

If you want to include your story, send me an email. I am collecting stories of people ripped off.

Gexa EnergyRate increase of 100% in 6 months

I signed up with Gexa in January 2008 at a rate of 9.2cents/kWh (variable) . In the last few months it has reached 21.3cents/kWh more than a 100% increase, that is ridiculous. In summer when the rates went up it was understandable . but from mid-august the rates have been coming down (eg : - http://www.electricitybid.com/electricity/index.php/2008/11/03/texas-electricity-price-trend-november-2008/ ), and other provider have come down from approximately 20c/kWh to normal approx 13cents/kWh, but with Gexa even the October bill is at 21.3cents/kWh . Isn't it long enough time for the energy commodity prices to be reflected on the users ? When I raised a complaint with Gexa all they said that only thing they can do is record "unhappy" against my customer id.

I stay in a 1 bedroom apartment, do not switch on A/C or Heater. The only electric appliance used in my house is the electric stove for cooking (not even oven is used), refridgerator and washer/dryer (once a week) and with this frugal usage I end up paying about 100$ a month while competitive providers (Startex Power, Champion etc) costs less than half the amount.

Please do not use Gexa even if their current rate shows up low on a variable rate. It just keeps going up without reflecting anything of the market. And worst part is now at this high end I have one more billing cycle to complete before I can switch providers. So I essentially end up paying about 200$ extra for Gexa and again installation and all intial charges for the new provider. If your usage of electricity is more (I don't think it is possible to live with any lesser usage than what I currently do) the difference in your case would be much larger.

Gexa sucks . Be warned. I would say go through the different plans of various providers and compare them and see trends over a period before making a decision about your provider. This site is useful - http://www.electricitybid.com/counties/harris.html (for houston)

• Mi
                Mike Nov 26, 2008

• Cn
                cnewton Dec 06, 2008

It is time to stop energy companies from ripping off consumers. I would like to initiate a class action lawsuit. [protected]

• Rt
                rta1000 Feb 09, 2009

I had the same experience with GEXA, calling them was of no use.Probably will have to switch to some other provider

• Se
                Sean Feb 17, 2009

Had a similar experience with Gexa, raising rates from 12.3 to 21 /kwh between June and November '08. Customer services basically said 'live with it - that I should have signed a contract rate back in early summer', but the best offer at the time was in the 17 c/kwh range with a year commitment. So I stayed variable, and watched as they jacked up the rates while oil prices plummeted.

I switched over to another provider at 11.9c/kwh in October, but had to wait until December for the change, and one more rip-off billing cycle. So I filed a formal complaint with the PUC, stating that Gexa was using unethical marketing practices to convince customers to sign long-term contracts at above market rates. I'm currently awaiting their decision in this matter.

The more complaints that the PUC receives, the better is is for us all - the procedure for complaining is detailed in the PowertoChoose.org website. Please help bring down these thieves!99

Matt Feb 25, 2009

KEEP WRITING TO THE PUC AND ANYONE ELSE THAT CAN TAKE THIS COMPANY DOWN. WHY IS THIS COMPANY STILL AROUND? THEY ARE SO WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS. KEEP COMPLAINING PEOPLE DON'T GIVE UP. DON'T TOLERATE THE INJUSTICE ABUSE OF THIS CORPORATION. PLEASE INFORM ANYONE YOU KNOW.

• Ha
                HateGexa Apr 05, 2011

I wanted to completely agree just how much Gexa energy is horrible

I had set up the Auto bill pay on my account, and one month I had reported my card as lost, got a new card, but forgot to update my Gexa account. I paid that plus a late fee and re-instated Auto bill pay with the new card. Unfortunately the service representative set up my auto pay to be 2 weeks after my account would be shut off. I never could get the auto bill pay to work and from then on they would charge me late fees every month and they continued telling me that auto pay would now work, or after it had failed yet again they would say they could take the payment over the phone, but they wouldn't do that correctly either. I got huge bills even though this was for an apartment that had no residents. I spent about 10 hours on the phone with the company in a 3 months time period and I still am getting mail about some outstanding charge.

I hope nobody chooses to use Gexa because there are so many better energy providers out there.

Gexa Energy!!!Ridiculously high bills!

I have had Gexa for the past 2 years. My bills have always bounced between $135 and $190 every month. Not bad. For whatever reason, the last 2 months have been over $330!! ! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? We haven't needed to use the AC since before the hurricane! When I called, I got no answers... oh, and were you aware that they don't have supervisors? yeah, thats what I was told before I was abruptly hung up on! I am paying almost $0.20 per kWh...

Can't wait to change my service provider! Anyone have any suggestions?

Gexa EnergyOvercharged

I think GEXA is robbing its customers. On May 15, 2008, GEXA rate applied for my account was 12.11 cents/kWk (for 240 kWh). Now Sept 18, 2008 this month, 4 months later, GEXA raised my rate up to 19.01/kWh (for 410 kWh). An increase of 80 % charge!!

GEXA is a highway robber!!

• Cn
                    cnewton Dec 06, 2008

The same thing happened to me the month of October. It is time to stop energy companies from ripping off consumers.

I would like to initiate a class action lawsuit. if you are interested in joining me please call [protected]

Gexa EnergyScam/High Prices

Gexa is the worst utility company, ever, a total scam. You cannot access their website to monitor your account or see how many kilowatt hours you have used from month to month. You can only find out the amount you owe, and they make it easy to pay of course. Their rate increases are crazy; I live in 900 sq ft. apt. in three month they rose from $85 (peak mid summer)one month, to $187 next, to $255 the third month(June, July, Aug. ) DO NOT AUTO PAY! I was raised in a home where my dad worked for an electric company, I know how to turn down the thermostat. I live alone, in an apartment that is surrounded by apartments that give it insulation, I turn it up to 83 when at work and 78 when at home and I am not home that much as I travel a lot... No matte how hard you try, you can not reach Gexa by phone. BUYER BEWARE! TEXAS NEEDS TO RE REGULATE ELECTRIC UTILITY COMPANIES!!!

• Mi
                      Michael Jones Dec 01, 2008

Gexa raised my energy costs from 12.8 to 20.8 in 4 months time and oil has been less than 70/$ a barrel for months! DO NOT use this company. They're a complete scam.

Gexa Energy — Billing, Customer Service

First, please, please, please do not switch to Gexa Energy!! Yes, they may appear to have some of the lowest...

Gexa EnergyDon't use them

I was on hold (Monday 2:00 pm) for 41:07 min wait time for Cust Serv just to be told «I can't help you- goodbye!" Lousy company - high prices - no customer service - GEXA wants you to pay for services they do NOT provide. Call them and all you get is voice mail jail - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE - customer care representative equals "kiss off stupid"

This company is unwilling to respond to any customer issues other than them collecting money. They will not speak to customer and have a voice mail system that routes you to one dead end after another.

Bad company - make another choice - any company is better than GEXA.

• Mh
                        M-H May 02, 2015

Gexa Energy - Past due bill
                        They waited seven months to let me know that I had a past due bill from my last apartment. Why did it tale them more than half a year? Where is their accounting/audit department?

Gexa EnergyPoor service!

Gexa Energy is a horrible electric company. I have been with them for over a year and I have had to argue with them constantly about my bills the entire time. It started with switching my service from one apartment to another. I received a bill at my new apartment 4 months after moving out of my old apartment stating that I owed $150 from my last apartment. I called their customer service and spoke with a representative who told me that my last bill was paid in full and I did have anything that was past due. 2 months later I get another bill stating that my electricity service would be disconnected for past due payments. I spent 2 hours on the phone with a representative that was rude, condescending and unwilling to research my conversation with the representative that told me I had paid my last apartment in full. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told that one was not available. I advised the representative that I would wait. That person put me on hold for about 10 minutes and said that there were no supervisors there and all he could do was forward me to an escalation que. I was told that a supervisor would call me back in 24 to 48 hours. I argued that there had to be someone there to talk to me right now and was told "Yeah, but they won't talk to you, you just have to wait". I finally received a call from a supervisor the next day and had to recount my whole situation because the previous representative hadn't bothered to enter any notes into the system. I advised the supervisor that I was told that I didn't owe anything on my past bill per one of their representatives. Apparently that rep didn't enter any notes either of her advising me that I didn't owe anything. After spending another hour on the phone with the supervisor she finally agreed to go back and listen to the taped conversation of the calls. 2 days later I get a call back from her advising that I was told by their representative that I didn't owe anything and all that the supervisor offered to me was a payment deferment plan. I was told when they deferment payments were due. I paid each one on time except for the last which I made up the next month. 3 months later I am now being told that I never paid my deferments on time and they don't have the notes showing what I had been told by the supervisor. The representative that I talked to today just said "oh, it looks like they just didn't bill you for it" After arguing with her for an hour, I got no resolution. She kept repeating when my bills were due and never directly answered my questions.
                      Their billing practices are so confusing and shady, they are criminal. They are so ridiculously confusing that everytime I call in, it takes a representative at least 20 - 30 minutes to decipher them..and they work there!!! How are they allowed to just randomly add charges to a bill that they say I owe from 6 months prior and then not be able to explain to me why. Every representative I speak to tells me something different and there is no accountability for the things that they tell their customers. How is this company allowed to do business this way. There should be some kind of class action lawsuit against this company for their shady and illegal billing practices.

I will tell everyone I know to stay away from Gexa Energy because if their own employees can't figure out their billing, how is a regular customer supposed to decipher them?

• Er
                          Erin Ralston Oct 10, 2007

Do NOT use this company as your electric provider, the customer service representatives are untrained and give out false information, each person you talk to says something different and they treat their customers like they are idiots! My service was disconnected because of a charge that I had already been told many times before was a mistake on their part, and they did nothing about it! My 9 month old son and I were out of our house, with no where to go for almost a week before we could pay the so called owed balance! Ridiculous, all they could say was "Sorry for the inconvenience!" What a crook!

• Vi
                          Vishnu Gupta Aug 18, 2008

They are crooks, no doubt in my mind.

Gexa EnergyGexa fraud!

I lived at an apartment for a short period of time where Gexa was the electrical service provider. When I moved, I called well in advance to set a date to terminate my service. The rep told me the service would be disconnected on the date I had requested. About 2 months later, a Gexa bill was forwarded to my new address for charges after I had moved out. I contacted their customer service dept. and was told a supervisor would call me back. There was no call back and after I made several more unanswered requests, I filed a complaint with the BBB of Metro Houston. Two years later (yes, two years) a rep called me and told me they had no record of my call and that I would be responsible for the service. They then falsely reported the matter as settled to the BBB. I reaffirmed my complaint with the BBB where it remains unresolved to this day. GEXA has made no honest effort to resolve the situation and they have repeatedly furnished false and/or incomplete information to the BBB. The sad fact is that they will bill you incorrectly and refuse to discuss the matter or even return a phone call about the problem. If you check their record with the Better Business Bureau, you'll see that they have left a wide wake of theft and deceit.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GEXA ENERGY.

THEY ARE A DISHONEST COMPANY WITH A LONG AND ESTABLISHED RECORD OF DEFRAUDING THEIR CUSTOMERS.

GEXAFraud and cheating!

I requested a change of electric provider on line. I read where there might be a $400 deposit so I called GEXA and asked if GEXA would inform me if there was a deposit required - the answer was, "Of course!".

I did not expect to pay a deposit - I have an excellent credit rating. Nothing was mentioned in the contract that I received with my new account number, but when my first bill came, it included a $400 deposit!

I have called the company and have spoken with 6 customer reps. Nothing has been resolved and they say they will not check my credit rating because I was a previous customer. When I was with GEXA previously, they received my payment "late" twice. Once it was 1 day late and another time it was 2 days late. I paid early 8 times, paid exactly on the due date twice. THAT payment history deserves a $400 deposit?!!!

I just switched back to Spark Energy and I am filing a complaint with the PUC.

• De
                              deborah perez Mar 11, 2008

I cancel service because I was moving and after two week I call to make sure the last bill was paid with my deposit that went they told me I had a contract with them and had to pay 150 early termination fee. I did not pick the 12 month contract I told them month to month. They are also very expensive and rude.

gexacase Feb 15, 2009

Last spring, I signed up with Gexa, which had a great introductory rate for a variable rate plan, with the thought that the price of energy would certainly go down (and it did), and my prices would not increase. But yeah, Gexa jacked them up statewide while energy prices were declining, and we didn't really see it until our energy usage increases in the winter--and it cost us each hundreds of dollars.

But the contract says they can, right? So we were suckers, right, nothing we can do, right?

No. I figured something out. They messed up--got a bit too greedy.

I'm not only an affected customer. I'm also a lawyer. They might be liable in a statewide class action. Please contact me if you have any interest in getting involved. [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ah
                              ah welton Mar 05, 2009

No question Gexa is guilty of both bait and switch and price gouging. Even watching my bills and kwh rate, it took me three months to escape my monthly spot rates of over 20cents/kwh. When I complained in the late fall about the rate, and the fact they were now selling a term plan for 12 cents/kwh, they only said that they do not offer the month to month plan anymore. How sweet that they have been able to put their cheapest purchased power in a new term program and screw their month to month customers with the highest cost power until the customer catches the gouging. Hanging all their directors, senior managers, and Texas politicians in bed with the power companies and financial scam artists is too good for them! Where are the class action lawyers when you need them?

Gexa Energy — No customer service

Gexa is a scam company. I have had them for 3 months and canceling service promptly. The airline miles are...

Gexa EnergyDo not do business with them, they are crooks!

I used Gexa as my electricity service provider for over a year and suddenly they started claiming that my payments were late and charging me late fees. All of my payments were mailed 10 days prior to the due date (via an online bill payment service). I called their customer service line and explained that the payments had been sent 10 days prior to the due date via an online bill payment service and they still refused to refund the late fees, blaming the US Postal Service but still charging me the late fees. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, THEY ARE CROOKS. I have switched to another electric service provider and sued them in small claims court.

• Br
                                Brandy Bryant Apr 10, 2007

Sub: Late fees

GEXA Energy customer service is horrible! Customer service reps on no less than four separate occasions could not answer the following questions:

What is the duration of the billing period based on? No two bills had the same number of days between billing dates, and no two billing dates fell on the same day of the month. It's as if they just sent out bills anytime they needed the money!

Also, they could not tell me why bills were post marked as much as 5 days later than the statement billing date??? My bills would arrive within four days of the due date, leaving me no time to mail in my payment, which then forced me to use their telephone payment system (at the rate of $4.95 a month) or get tagged with a $16.00 late fee.

They refused to credit me for over $20 in fees for the phone payments even though I could prove they dragged their feet mailing my statements to me.

After the last infuriating conversation with one of their customer non-service reps, I immediately cancelled my service. I paid my last bill via on-line bill pay (my bank got it there the day before the due date) and today received a disconn notice that was mailed out, surprisingly enough, on the same day that it was printed. So as I suspected, they are able to mail something the same day they print it!

Since my service officially changed hands a few days ago, I say to them -- good luck getting another penny from me! It will be a cold day in hell!