[Resolved] Getaroomhotel reservation

B Mar 08, 2018

Do not use getaroom.com!! I used them to make a hotel reservation which I ended up having to cancel less than an hour later. They gave me the run-around but told me they would refund me if the hotel agreed to it. When I got the hotel to agree to refund me, getaroom.com changed their story and kept my entire fare! I am disputing the charge with visa, but long story short, don't use getaroom.com!!!

• Resolution Statement

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response · Mar 21, 2018

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com and bringing your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen that prevent us from achieving this objective. If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate your letting us know, so we can continue to improve our services.
    We understand from the nature of your complaint, you requested to cancel the booking due to a family emergency.
    All prepaid reservations that are posted on our website fully disclose the cancellation police, terms and conditions of booking, along with all the subtotal, tax recovery charges and service fees. The cancellation policy was fully disclosed at the time of booking and was agreed to at the time of purchase. As a courtesy, we reached out to our hotel partner to request a penalty waiver. We issued a credit on Jan 29th. However, Because you disputed the charge for the pre-paid reservation with your financial institution, Getaroom.com is unable to proceed with the request of a refund at this time. Once you proceeded to dispute this charge with your financial institution, our customer service department no longer has the ability to credit, modify or adjust this reservation until the issuing bank renders a decision on your complaint. We regret any inconvenience or frustration that this experience has caused you and hope the information we provided above has adequately addressed your questions or concerns.