[Resolved] Getaroomgetaroom.com / guestreservations.com

L Aug 25, 2018 Review updated:

I searched "hampton inn hotel gulfport guest reservations" and clicked what I thought was the hotels reservation page. Unfortunately it was this scam website guestreservations.com which is connected to getaroom.com. The email confirmation was from getaroom.com. Thats when I realised I was not at the hotel website and soon learned I overpaid by $30. I essentially paid this site $30 to book my room. If it wasnt for getaroom.com and guestreservation.com's DECEPTIVE advertising I would have landed on the hotels site and booked the hotel directly without having to give them $30.

• Getaroom's response · Aug 27, 2018

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com and bringing your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen that prevent us from achieving this objective. If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate your letting us know, so we can continue to improve our services.
    We understand from the complaint, you researched and found what you thought was a direct contact number for the "Hampton Inn hotel Gulfport reservations department. While we understand that internet search results can sometimes be confusing, rest assured, we are authorized to provide our discounted rates through various sources, suppliers and affiliate partners. The hotel does provide their direct number and website on various internet search browsers as well. Please accept our sincere apologies that you felt misled.
    All prepaid reservations that are posted on our website are fully visible along with the subtotal, tax recovery charges and service fees. In addition, the cancellation policy was fully disclosed at the time of booking and was agreed to by you at the time of purchase. We are happy to speak to you in reference to the rate amount. Please call us 1-800-468-3578.
    We regret any inconvenience or frustration that this experience has caused you and hope the information we provided above has adequately addressed your questions or concerns.

• Getaroom's response · Feb 15, 2019

Thank you for making us aware of this serious problem, and I’m very sorry that your experience with our staff was unsatisfactory. At Getaroom, we strive for exceptional customer service with friendly and knowledgeable agents ready to assist in any way they can. We take any lapse in our standards very seriously and will address this as soon as possible.
    A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will be happy to assist you, please provide your confirmation number starting with an R# to [email protected]

kind regards,
    Consumer Relations

• Resolution Statement

• Ka
    Kack Alacka Jan 25, 2019

www.guestreservations.com is a sham. Not until hitting the confirm button do you get to see the charges and by then it’s too late. We weren’t even ready to make the reservation until we could see the charges, and aren’t sure we’re even going on the trip to begin with. Plus they charged an extra $30 in fees and the reservation is non-refundable. Called customer service, they were hard to understand but made it clear that we were out of luck. Unacceptable.

Antonio Cannonball Aug 14, 2019

This company is definitely a scam. Why? Because it uses bait advertising, price gouging, deceptive practices and hides behind a proxy server. The enablers of these scum are Google and the Credit Card agencies. Until the troughers in Government start getting serious about calling the enablers to account as well as the domain name hosters the scammers will continue unchecked.