[Resolved] Getaroombooking a hotel room

was only trying to find a special place for a gift to my family and I somehow reached this terrible site...I was on a time crunch due to most places in the Transverse City area saying they were already full for the dates needed. So when the Great Wolf Lodge came up as having that date open, I jumped on it. When filling out the form for adults and children, I filled in 2 and 2. I had to refill out the personal info at least 3 times not realizing it was changing the adult/children back to 2 /0. When I finally received the reservation info from Getaroom, it showed 2 Adults only. I called GetaRoom and had a RUDE woman to talk to and she explained I would HAVE to CANCEL AND REDO my reservation AND would be charged ONE NIGHT for canceling!!! I tried to explain I DIDNT WANT TO CANCEL, ONLY ADD 2 CHILDREN.. I finally told her NEVER MIND. I would call Great Wolf Lodge...she said that wouldn't change anything because THEY would have to contact GETAROOM anyway. I called Traverse city and had a WONDERFUL Customer service man treat me with great kindness and respect which GetaRoom DID NOT and I was able to work out my problem...BUT I discovered I WAS OVERCHARGED $130.44 By going through GETAROOM!!! HE TOLD ME TO NEVER GO THROUGH PLACES LIKE THEM...YOU WONT SAVE!!! Learned a lesson and I LOST $130.44 which could have been used for my kids and grandkids VACATION!

• Resolution Statement

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response · Oct 21, 2017

Dear Janice Taylor,

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com customer care. Please accept our sincere apologies for the less-than-satisfactory experience. We would also like to assure that we take your feedback very seriously and that we will take the necessary actions to minimize or prevent similar situations from occurring in the future.

Please be advised that per our terms of use, which are disclosed and agreed to prior to booking, our reservations are not modifiable in any way. If you wish to change the occupancy information for your stay then the only way to accomplish this is to cancel the original reservation and book a new one for the correct number of occupants. It is for this reason that we ask that you verify all of the information on the booking, including the occupancy, dates, room type, cancellation policy, etc. While we are sympathetic to the situation, we were unable to supersede our policy in this case due to the fact that no error occurred on during the booking and the reservation details were confirmed and agreed to in full by yourself.

Additionally, the full cost of the booking including all applicable taxes and fees was agreed to during the booking process. We try to offer the lowest available rates and will continue to strive to do the same in the future. We apologize if you are unhappy with the price of the booking in this case. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at [protected] or at [protected] for callers outside the U.S. You can also reach us again via email at [protected]@getaroom.com. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Kind regards,