Georgia Department of Laborpua issues, lack of assistance, and one last plea for assistance

J Nov 22, 2020

I've tried to get in touch with the integrity unit by phone and email for a few weeks now. My local career center has gotten back to me but they can't see what the problem is. I have to get in touch with the integrity unit.

My payments from PUA abruptly stopped without warning. I haven't received a payment since the week ending Sept. 5th.
I am missing week ending:
Sept 12th, 19th, 26th.
Oct 3rd 10th 17th 24th 31st
Nov 7th

I was asked to verify my identity finally Oct 15th though it took more than 24hrs to receive the code so I actually verified through ID. ME as well as sent docs in through email to this very same e-mail. I am emailing now. I wanted to reaffirm my identity.

During covid when the libraries in weren't open I had let a few folk use my computer for their unemployment. For some reason it seemed one of them tried to log into my account. I know because I got an error of when I tried to log in. Eventually I reset my pin. I wasn't sure what they were trying to do so I reported unauthorized use of my social.

I reset my pin again when asked to do by id verify.

I have tried for weeks to get a hold of someone to see what the issue is. I finally got ahold of UI customer service.

They explained that the integrity office should have contacted me about this issue. After thinking about what else it could be I remember reporting the oddness of my login that day.

I've tried contacting the integrity unit by phone to no avail. So I figured I would try via e-mail once again. I've also done the ID verify through ID. ME for SSA.gov. They recently added the program as well.

I am unsure what else you may need to resolve the hold up but please let me know. My phone number is [protected]. My cell number is [protected] but is disconnected at the moment which brings me to the next paragraph below this one. And of course you can reach me @ [protected]@msn.com

I am getting behind on my bills. I need someone to tell me what the problem is. How do we fix it? What else do I need to send you or complete?

The only good news financial wise I've had lately is that the IRS finally got my identity documents I mailed in May and my return will finally be processed in 9 weeks to 16 weeks but that is a long time to me when bills are stacking up! Still it was good to finally get that news.

I would like to hear something from the GDOL. I need to get this sorted out! I am about to just give up on getting anything sorted out with the GDOL. My efforts seem in vain. Even with the new appointment system which I was able to actually make an appointment but…..

The new appointment pilot and my experience.

This is crazy. My appointment was for Nov 16th. Yet someone called on 11/12 from [protected] @10:14 A.M. when I wasn't here. She left a message saying it was the gdol if I still needed the appointment to reschedule. But my appointment wasn't until the 16th! They said no name in the message mine or hers, etc so I thought that wasn't for me perhaps they dialed the wrong number, my appointment wasn't until the 16th! No one called the 16th! So I make an appointment, they call last week, so why did I even make an appointment? When I was finally able to make an appointment I was like YEAH! Some answers but no. Craziness! Just another false sense of hope that I will ever get all this taken care of.

Jessica Parm