Geeks on Sitecomputer repair

S

I called this company after my computer crashed. I paid $297.00 for 4 hours of service. The technician came out and spent about 3.5 hours "fixing" my computer. After he left I discovered several problems that hadn't been fixed. Couldn't open any Office files, couldn't connect to the printer, continued to get error messages on multiple applications. Called again and was told I'd have to pay again. Reminded that person the computer had a 7 day warranty. Remote technician worked on the computer another 4 hours. 2 days later more error messages, Office no longer worked, so they installed Open Office, not a Microsoft product. Told me if I wanted Microsoft Office I'd have to purchase from a retailer. Still getting error messages. Each technician told me the warranty was extended because the computer hadn't been properly repaired. Had to call again 5 days later, more problems. This time I was told the warranty had expired 7 days after the first call. I explained that each of the technicians had told me the warranty was extended and was told that was not the company policy. They said they would listen to the recordings and call me back. Called back the next day and said none of the technicians had extended the warranty. I was basically being called a liar. I didn't pick the warranty date out of thin air. As of today my computer still isn't working properly and still giving error messages. They don't honor their warranty and all they really want is more of your money. After 2 weeks I finally had to purchase a new computer. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

• Geeks On Site's response · Apr 24, 2017

Dear customer,

We apologize for any inconvenienve we might have caused. Please contact us to review your case, we will be more than happy to assist you.

• Updated by SJ3 · Apr 27, 2017

i posted the original complaint and contacted Geeks on Site as requested by their respons to my complaint. The response from this company was the same as before. Yes, you have a .5 hour credit, but you will need to purchae additional repair time, the warranty was only good for 7 days from the original repair date, a supervixor can listen to the tapes and confirm that no additional warranty was offered. .

I told Darrin (Darwin?) I wanted a refund . Refunds are not an option. After this company failed to fix my computer there is no way I would ever let them work on it again. So as far as I'm concerned, my complaint has not been resolved. People should not use this company. Their customer service is a joke, they don't honor their warranty and their repair work is shabby at best (and that's being kind).