GE Appliancesstove model jgbp88sem2ss serial hs260914p

Chat Conversation Start
4:10PM
I purchased this stove several years ago and have been problems with the knobs. The stainless knobs that originally came with the stove cracked in the back where they slide onto the stove. One night I thought the knob was off but because the knob was cracked it didn't turn off correctly and the stove was leaking gas into our home. Thank God the smell woke me up. I called the company and because the stainless knobs are so expensive I purchased a new set of black knobs. They never fit very well so I use 2 stainless and 3 black. Now the black knobs are not fitting correctly and the other night I woke up with a house full of gas again. I think this is ridiculous that the stove will eventually kill me. The stove was over $1, 000. which is a lot of money for senior citizens to pay for a stove. I thought this stove would be the last stove I would buy in my lifetime. Everything else is working fine except the knobs. Can you send me a set free of charge as I cannot afford to pay $32.00 per knob for 5 Knobs. My last stove was a black Kenmore and lasted 15 years and the knobs never broke but I wanted a stainless stove so I bought a GE which I though was the best. Can you please help me before I die from a gas leak? Thank You so much.
model JGBP88SEM2SS
Serial HS260914P
You can see my husband tried to tie the knob. You can see the crack
This is my stove now, I have know knobs.
No knobs