GE Appliancesdishwasher pdw9280j10ss

T

I have always used GE because I considered them "the best" until there was an electrical fire in my dishwasher. I didn't know that the unit had been recalled some three years ago. Thank heavens there was no real damage other than the appliance. When I contacted GE I was informed there was a rebate - I had to buy the $899 unit to get $200 back. This is absurd! After I paid for the delivery and the ten year warranty the unit is actually coming in at $1562! So I'm forced to buy an expensive new GE product so I can save $200. There is something wrong with this picture. This was a defective product - dishwashers last for years. Shame on you GE, shame!