Garden Ridgeno returns and terrible customer service

I bought some holiday decorations two weeks ago. Of course we over bought. I went to return the extra items but I had lost the receipt. Cashier said no returns without a receipt, not even for store credit. I couldn't get a manager in store to speak with me. I tried calling the corporate office and cannot get live person on the phone. You can't even call the store and get a live person. I had to email customer service, and after many back and forth emails, they wouldn't help me. So they can't pull up receipts by credit card, no returns without a receipts, can't talk to a live person or anyone with any authority. All this equals a lost customer for life. How are they in business? Perhaps they won't be much longer...