GameStopfalse advert

First on the evening of September 17 I call my Englewood Gamestop asking if i needed to preorder a game"Borderlands 2" so that i can pick it up at midnight. (Yes this gamestop was announced to be having a midnight release) The guy on the phone said yeah sure just you know when the line starts forming up come in and pay for it then maybe you can still get the preorder bonus LIE #1. Not a problem since i just wanted the game and i have gone to previous midnight releases to do the same exact thing. Accompanying me was a friend who had reserved his copy in the same Englewood Gamestop. We arrived at 1030.. and waited till 1235 with about 10 other people. Going home i knew i couldve waiting till the store opened in the morning to buy the game.

I woke up, jumped on the bus and headed back to englewood. I was still first in line when the store opened up. The worker with his friend opened up the store and looked like he had gotten 3 hours of sleep when a costumer on line asked "did u get any sleep?" He replied saying " No i was up pretty late calling people about the cancellation of the midnight release ... So how come The 10 people on line did not receive that phone call? Lie Number #2 OK ANYWAYS i go to buy the game and the guy tells me there are none available, only preorders... What kind of company is this? Only the worlds biggest video game supplier and not some mom and pop shop. This was unacceptable. It was the worst experience i have ever had with any merchant and for their slogan to be "POWER TO THE PLAYERS" What a joke.

I went to my local mall to just check out if OTHER Gamestops had the same problem... not even 5 miles away and the Paramus Gamestop in Garden State Plaza had a ton of copies. I went to best buy, bought my game, went home. Never again will i shop at a Gamestop location ever.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices