FuntoniaNo refund when service doesnt work

Z

Funtonia Sucks!!!

o What kind of business would take a customers money and not deliver the service?

o What kind of business makes it difficult for unhappy customers to reach them?

o What kind of business would refuse to give money back when a customer is unable to get the service they paid for?

If you are interested in knowing, read on!

I recently signed up for unlimited downloads of cell phone ring tones for a year, from www.Funtonia.com. I was lured by the perceived ease and simplicity of the service. What a mistake!

I followed all of their instructions and began what I hoped would be a fun experience of finding some great ring tones, downloading them to my and my wife’s phone and being able to change them at any time.

I’m not a techie, but I’m also no fool when it comes to downloads and problem solving technical issues. I’ve operated several web sites for my business and have downloaded countless programs from the web. No matter what I did, I could not get the system to work for either of our phones.

After numerous attempts and failures, feeling frustrated and ripped off, I decided to cancel this service.

The only customer service they offer is an e-mail address...This should have been a warning to me. Any company that is truly into customer service would have a contact phone number. Anyhow I e-mailed Funtonia immediately to request a cancellation and a refund to my credit card.

I did not hear from them for several days and then I was sent 2 emails explaining that refunds were not given unless there were technical issues or fraud.

Included in one of these short but sweet emails was a link to their “terms and conditions page” where it explains refunds are not given for personal reasons. I suppose the fact that I cannot utilize their services after they have been paid for is a personal issue rather than a technical issue and that paying for a service you can’t receive is not fraud!

In addition, their pricing is misleading. I thought I was going to pay 1.99 per month for 12 months and found I got charged or 12 months in one hit. I guess that’s my fault for not reading it more closely, but I think the wording on their pricing is deliberately misleading.

I’ve got to the point where even if it can be fixed, I no longer want the service. Even if you can get it to work, what good is it if it’s a hassle.
If you search on the web, you’ll see that there are quite few others who have had similar problems with Funtonia.

I exchanged several e-mails with Funtonia, but its like writing to a robot or a computer. They simply ignore your requests and refer you to FAQ pages and video tutorials, even after I explained that I had done that. They simply ignore my other requests. As a result, I have decided to write reviews on every consumer page I can find.

In my opinion, this company is shady and deceptive and is not interested in its customers; only its bottom line.

I should have researched them before I fell prey to Funtonia’s business tactics... so it really is my fault for allowing this to happen. Don’t let this appalling service happen to you.

Since this has happened, I decided to research them online and found several bad reviews on various pages.

Hopefully my experience with Funtonia will help you avoid this unfortunate situation in the future.

My advice, run like hell! Visit another site with more customer friendly practices.

• Valerie Oct 06, 2008

I went to this website to purchase ringtones for my cellphone. I was lured in by the perceived ease and simplicity of the service. I entered my credit card information and purchased a package of unlimited ringtones for my phone for a year. After purchasing I then found out that I must have an internet connection on my phone or a USB cable for the ringtones to be transferred to my phone.

I have neither of these and panicked when I constantly tried to get the ringtones downloaded to my cell phone... After numerous attempts and failures I decided to cancel this service. Their instructions are vague and unclear and almost impossible for the average person to understand. The only customer service they offer is an email address... so I emailed them immediately to demand cancellation and refund to my credit card.

I did not hear from them for several days and then I was sent 2 emails explaining that refunds are not always given when requested. Included in one of these short but sweet emails was a link to their 'terms and conditions page' where it nicely explains refunds are not given for personal reasons. I guess the fact that I cannot utilize their services after they have been paid is a personal issue!!! One of the emails stated that an 80% refund would be given to me. So they keep 20% just because they can (see terms and conditions page once again).

I emailed them and let them know how unhappy and furious I was... I told them I would never do business with them again and I would write reviews on every consumer page I could find. So in my opinion, this company is shady and deceptive and prey on people who do not fully understand the process of ringtones and downloading them to your cell phone.

I should have researched before I fell prey to their tactics... so it really is my fault for allowing this to happen. Since this has happened I decided to search them online and found several bad reviews on various pages. If only I had done the research first!!! Hopefully my experience will help someone avoid this unfortunate situation in the future.

• Un
    unknown Oct 30, 2008

I just did the same thing. i didnt research before id payed. i cancelled my card to make sure there is no other charges. this sucks

• Un
    unknown Oct 30, 2008

i just figured out how to get ur ringtons. get a memory card reader and put ur memory card in it, put it in the usb slot and go to open files and find the file that goes to ur phone like motorola or LG etc.. then go to ur account and pick ur songs download them to ur account then pic mp3 to format the ringtons and up comes desktop and save it for whatever name u want then exit out of that and the songs should have their own icon on the main screen. so then right click and copy then go to ur removable disk drive find what make ur phone is right click on that and paste then the song saves to ur memory card. hope this isnt too confusing. they do have a person give directions from the company u just have too look for it. its under using usb cable.

• Mo
    Monique Jan 24, 2009

I purchased this service and have gotten some replies but nothing else. Whatcan I do anyone hae a contact #or somethingthisis a ripoff

• Ro
    Roger Feb 09, 2009

When i found funtonia i was excited to be able to download endless amounts of ring tones, as promised by the web site when you pay a fee of 23.88. So i gave them my card information, never once thinking the website was a complete scam. I tried to send some ring tones to my phone and it just wouldn't do anything at all. when I accessed the website threw my phone, the web site said that funtonia was not compatible with my metro PCS phone. (then why would they take my money, when filling out my account info I let them know it was a metro pcs phone).

so i email the company threw there website telling them i want a refund because they charged me for a service that doesn't work. I received a reply that was a sentence long and did not answer my question. SO here i am... a little pissed and not knowing what to do about it. This web site needs to be shut down before more people become victims, and the people behind the site need to be punished for all the money they lied them selves into getting.

• Ri
    Ripped Offenmyhouse Feb 13, 2009

They are a bunch of crooked ### -Faces!!

• Kt
    KT3ROB Dec 14, 2009

HORRIBLE!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! DIDN'T WORK FOR AT&T OR US CELLULAR (3 DIFFERENT TYPES OF PHONES!) AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE WOULDN'T EVEN RESPOND!!! DID RECEIVE FORM NOTICE WHEN I SENT CONTACT ATTEMPT STATING NO REFUNDS!!!

• Fu
    FuntoniaHater Jan 10, 2010

I also feel funtonia is a ripoff. The way that the $1.99 is presented suggests that you pay $1.99 a month until you cancel it. I fell for the $1.99 graphic and did not undestand that it would cost me $23.88 to download one ringtone. I only wanted one ringtone and was willing to pay $1.99 for it. Big mistake. Do not use this service. I am filing complaints with my State Attorney General and the Internet Crime site. http://www.ic3.gov/

These people are getting business largely on their deceptive graphics presentation. I am not an idiot but I certainly feel like one after falling for this one.

• De
    delton50 Jun 04, 2010

I was angry with futonia because they stated that i could send ringtones to my phone, they don't say unless you do not have internet service on your phone until you pay. I have sent six emails and have been told repeatedly that a representative would contact me in 24 hours...that was two weeks ago!! Obviously they don't have any type of customer service.

• Ka
    Karla721 Jul 21, 2010

Took to much money from my account now I have to close it [censor]ers

• Pa
    packerlady Aug 18, 2010

Absolutely agree with no way to contact them except via e-mail to which there was not response. The ring tones sent to my phone could not be downloaded. There is no way to contact them to where you could talk to a human being. You punch in what type of phone you have when you apply-why doesn't it flag your type of phone if not compatible with their program. I intend to bother this company so badly they will want to give my money back

• Ni
    nikkijade Aug 21, 2010

they have taken money out of my bank everyday for the last week and i have filed a complaint with bbc.

• Mr
    MR MICHELE TIDEHE BARBONE Aug 29, 2010

NO DOWNLOAD RINGTONES TO MY BLACK BERRY PEARL 8100 RED PLEASE SENDMONEY BACK OR FU

• Mi
    michelle. Uk Jun 18, 2011

im not happy with funtonia. They said i would get charged $1.99 and they charged me £15.99. How do i get my money back and cancel subscription?

• Be
    BenBH Nov 08, 2011

Funtonia is a huge rip off. According to the site, it said $1.99 a month. I never saw the small text that said one time payment. I told them I wanted a refund and they told me read their terms. Regardless of their "terms" I was ripped off. Moreover, NONE of their ring tones work, I can't get any of them to my phone. They have the worst customer service because they take forever to respond to my emails and I sent multiple emails and they never respond. Do not try Funtonia, I would consider them to be a scam. They make it appear that it's a simple $1.99 a month, but they have small text that says one time payment, yet the $1.99 is enlarged as a image.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices