Fred Meyer Jewelers South Towne Mallthey steal gold!

A

Wow, you would think something in South Towne Mall would be a reputable place to go. I thought it would be safe to bring it to somewhere like Fred Meyer Jewelers but I was totally wrong. I went in to have my ring repaired, one that I have had for a long time, it was starting to crack and become worn down. It was a very heavy gold ring. When I went to Fred Meyers Jewelers in South Towne Mall to get it I was amazed at what they gave me back! The ring literally was about a third of the weight/size that it was when I originally gave it to them. It was a very thick ring before and now it looks about as thick as dime or less. I complained but they just said it was my ring and they didn't take anything from it but all my family and friends could tell immediatley by seeing it and holding it that it had much less gold than it originally had when I gave it to them. It is sad some companies are so dishonest and do things like this since gold is so expesnive now to make an extra buck and get a way with it. BEWARE if you have Fred Meyers Jewelers in Sandy Utah do any repairs on your rings, weigh it before and take a picture before you bring it to them just to be safe!