16301 SE 82nd Dr, Clackamas, OR, 97015, US
Fri:6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat:6:00 am - 11:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Kroger / Fred Meyercheating at the deli counter

Stopped at a fred meyer deli on my way home passing other grocery stores in favor of this location where I do my weekly shopping. Today I am told they no longer sell chicken strips by the pound, but rather, by the piece. Not a problem until you take a look at the "wide" range of sizes per piece. I believe in getting the most for my money so I politely asked for 6 of the largest pieces. A fair request by any means. The gentleman behind me heard and asked how he could get the same amount of chicken if they were selling the largest pieces to me? Another fair question. The ripple effect in the line was almost comical as the word went down the line. I then asked for a half pound of potato wedges which they promptly "weighed" on the scale on the counter that could just as easily fairly weighed the chicken strips, and have done in the past.
Just because they are a big chain do they think consumers are stupid? What other items are they selling unfairly? I am willing to change my shopping habits and spend my money at a competitor.
However, I may be tempted to return if they start selling gas by the tank rather than by the gallon. I should get quite the deal with my big suv over my neighbor with the little 'economy' car.

Tommy g. , gladstone, or