Ford Motor Companycustomer satisfaction program 18n03

C Nov 14, 2018

As part of the Customer Satisfaction Program, I received a letter informing me of a recall (#17S33) related to a 2015 F150 (VIN 1FTEW1EF8FFA69922) . The letter indicated that the letter was sent to me because "our records indicate that you are the current owner".
I had leased that vehicle through Ford Credit. I was never the owner. In July of 2017, I turned that vehicle in to a Ford Dealer at the end of my lease. The records of Ford Credit and of the Dealer would certainly indicate that I am not the current owner. My concern is that the actual current owner did not receive the letter. I tried calling customer service [protected]) and the customer relationship center [protected]). They expressed sympathy for any inconvenience to me but that was not the reason for my call and it does not address or attempt what should be a simple fix. Your records (Ford Credit or the subsequent Dealer) should tell you the name of the "current owner".
The point is there is a Ford Customer out there who should get this letter.