Having problems with Foot Locker?

330 West 34th Street
Sat8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

worst experience

They may be nice when you want to purchase an item but buyer beware. I have had now 3 incidents with the horton plaza location in san diego ca. I have been trying to make a return and the first time I didn't have my receipt and wanted a store credit and was told they don't have them and that I would need to hang onto the items and exchange them when I am ready. Anyways brian the store manager.. I don't know how the hell that could have happened was extremely rude. He appeared to have a personal problem with my husband and i. I have never been treated so inhumanly in my life.

There are other places that would treat you well and respect you and welcome your business.

awful quality products

I purchased a pair of nike trainers in my local footlocker on sunday, 22 july. Upon trying them on a few times at home, I realized they were a bit too tight, so at the first opportunity, i.e. Five days later, I returned them, requesting a bigger size. I was flabbergasted when the assistant told me (and this beggars belief) that, because I hadn't kept the box, they couldn't do the exchange. I tried to reason with said shop assistant, but was getting nowhere, so I asked to speak to someone in authority, i.e. A manager.

He basically gave me the same mantra, which I obviously wasn't going to accept. I tried to explain in words of one syllable that nowhere on the receipt did it say "no exchange without original box", and for a shoe shop to claim they couldn't re-sell them because they didn't have a box to put the m in was totally ludicrous.

Eventually, after much to-ing and fro-ing, the manager told me to come back on saturday, as their till wasn't working (???) and he couldn't do the exchange that day. I am venturing back in there on saturday, but if I don't have a satisfactory outcome, I will be bringing this to the attention of trading standards and, indeed, which magazine, as I feel the public have a right to know about the dreadful customer service on offer at footlocker.

I can safely say I will never make another purchase at this store, and in future will buy my sports wear from a reliable store.

• JGraceyStinson Jun 26, 2009

Why would you buy a pair of shoes without trying them on in the store? Secondly, why would you throw the box away before you even tried them on? This really isn't the store's fault if you couldn't take the time to ensure the shoe fit before you purchased it.

• Be
    betty boo Oct 22, 2009

You have been lied too. I work for Footlocker. They don't need to box as long as you have the receipt. As long as it's unworn and there's no defect. If there's a defect they have to give you your money back. I hope this help.

• Sh
    shawn willett Dec 21, 2009

we purchused over $500.00 dollars in merchandise $200 plus on two different days, and had two seperate coupons with no exclsions listed. they took the coupon one day and not the other day.So I called customer service and they said even if it had no exclusions they could refuse at any time.So we had receipt and hand and they would not give refund, they would only give store credit.Footlocker corporate (via phone ) stated it is common practice for footlocker to refuse coupons on products if it is hot selling product(wrong!!!)So they can deceive the customer if it benifits footlocker.I will not purchase anything that is affiliated with them or their sister companies.

• Sh
    shawn willett Dec 21, 2009

footlocker is dishonest

• Po
    pobarjenkins Mar 16, 2011

I wouldn't buy a pair of shoes that didn't have the original box. Why didn't you save it if you weren't completely sure about the shoes?

• Fo
    Fooltocker is great Mar 21, 2011

You are an idiot.. You should have kept your box until you were sure that your fat [censor] feet would not need a larger size.. Footlocker is the b e s t !!!

Anonymous6262 May 20, 2011

Never shop at footlocker. I bought some sweats and pair of trainers which I ended up returning. I spent $123 on them, and then sent them back. After waiting over a month and I finally received a refund for $122.. They said they would charge only $6.99 for the return shipping. This is ridiculous, I emailed them several times and they have NEVER responded. Their website does not have an address and they do not list a number.

• He
    heath2011 May 20, 2011

why did you send them back? What you got back sounds fair to me. Next time make sure you want it before you buy it

• Un
    unhappy customer..glasgow Jan 06, 2012

i ordered 2 pair of convrse and i pair of adidas online from foot locker..chose the correct sizes as the shop didnt have sizes i needed...they arived yesterday..only to find that my size 7 converse are actually a size 6 inside a size 7 box...and to top that..the courrier had left my shoes with a neighbour..in a homeless acomodation who i dont even know..and didnt even leave a card through my door to say they had left them..or even phone me when my phone number was clearly printed on box..ithink thats rediculas..just as well the person was honest enough to bring them to me..dont trust couriers..also now have to return shoes that ive sat in waiting on pathetic..never again..

• Wo
    Won't Stand For It Jan 10, 2014

The Cherry Hill Mall Footlocker is showing favoritism at their sneaker releases where hundreds of young people line up for countless hours in all kinds of weather in order to get a pair of highly coveted sneakers. The same people are getting the sneakers at each release. Rumor has it that many of these folks are former Footlocker and current Finish Line employees. My son stood in line at 4 am in 30 degree weather to get a pair of Jordan Retro 11s. When he was about to get a ticket for his shoe size a female Allied Barton Security Guard arrived to say that he jumped the line and he was asked to leave. No one is going to let anyone come stand in line in front of them at these sneaker releases where violence often erupts. He was there at 4 am and was going to get a ticket. Ironically, this same Allied Barton Guard allowed 5-6 women to get out of cars and join their friends in the front of the line after never being in line and despite complaints from the line. In speaking with Security we were told there was a video. After a week of asking to see this video, the Director of Security told me the video was to dark to identify my son but the Security Guard, who by the way was overheard talking to those in the front of the and saying she got hers yesterday, said that my son jumped a barricade and cut the line. If, you can't see this activity then, why have a video taping of the entrance to the mall. Doesn't sound too safe to me. Please, save it. When I reported what was going on to the Sr. Regional Mall Mgr. of the Cherry Hill Mall, he was very much aware what was going on at these releases but I was told that Footlocker can sell their sneakers to whomever they want. I sought Legal counsel and there is nothing that can done. I expected that the Mall Manager had done his due diligence. I had contacted Footlocker Corp. several times and they assured me the appropriate action which they won't detail has been taken and they apologized. I'm not looking for apologies, I'm looking for changes to these practices in favoritism and auditing/monitoring. At this point I am going to reach out to the local tv stations and the many, many reporters who have written about these sneaker releases. Why doesn't Footlocker just do their releases online and not subject people to unfair and unsafe experiences while paying $150 or more for a pair of sneakers?

bad service

Several months ago me and my cousin and a friend went 2 the at 5am in the morning 2 stand online for 6 hours for a pair of rare michael jordan sneakers that cost 300.00 dollars. The store manager arrived at about 8:00 am, at around 10:15 the store and there workers anounced they didnt have more than half of the sizes most of the people standing online needed. What I dont understand is how can you not have something available when they didnt sell any shoes yet. Well come to find out that the store manager and some of the employees already had purchase the shoes for themselves and friends and we were not able 2 get them. Its so unfair my complaint is that the store if there going to allow us to hang out in front of the store and also have people sleep over night 2 wait for an item, the store manager shoe order extra pairs of shoe for him and his employees seperate from the customers purchase, it was a mad house that day and to spend all that time waiting, waiting, and waiting 2 get nothing its just not right and I will never support that store again something have 2 be done bout these store who does this.

• Gh
    ghdj Jul 29, 2009

michael jordan shoes suck ... too bad for you not to get a crappy pair of sneakers

• Be
    betty boo Oct 22, 2009

I work for Footlocker. The Company has no control over all their employees. If you stand in line than you just wasted your time. Go online and get it. Or go the "Shek, Finishline...etc." Is spending $300 and standing in line worth the wait especially when you know there's sneaky Footlocker employees get them before you. Like you said no one will know that it's them purchases them and not you as the customers. plus, it's all made in Vietnam or China. Do you think shoes made in other countries is worth $300? I don't. Good for you for standing up for your rights.

bad and unprofessional service

I was about to buying 2 pair of shoes from 'new opening' foot locker at george st (near woolworth supermarket...

where are the proper women's shorts??

As a basketball player I understand the necessity for having proper shorts at an appropriate length for a game of sport. A little while ago I bought an excellent pair of navy blue mesh converse women's shorts. They were the perfect length being mid thigh, and they had a very comfortable and non see through cotton underlay and then the mesh stitched in on top. Imagine my disgust when I went to get a new pair that no sporting good store stock these types of women's shorts anymore... Why not??? Are we not entitled to have a specific women's playing short anymore, or companies simply not making them anymore?? I was appalled at being told to buy the mens shorts which would need to be a junior size to fit and come down to either knee length or past, I cannot play in those shorts. The champion brand looked promising on the hanger, until you try them on to find that you need to go a size bigger than normal so their tiny shaped legs will fit which then leave them lose around your hips, they also have a nylon type see through clingy material under the mesh. I also refuse to step out onto the court in a pair of shorts that only just cover my # if i'm lucky, i'm there to play a game of sport and get a work out, not show everyone what is underneath my shorts each time I move... Come on companies pick up your game, women are a major product buyer and also play sports (shockingly enough). All of the stores I visited, rebel sports, amart, foot locker to name a few had the same story, sorry we don't stock them anymore, everyone always asks for them but we just don't have them, if you want some go to the men's section... If anyone knows where I can find some please advise, otherwise companies why don't think about how much money you're losing by not stocking them, I can think of at least 10 people immediately who would buy them regularly..

• Mi
    Michelle19860519 Sep 14, 2013

Amart gym is ridiculus!!!
    We ordered a gym several weeks ago, and when it got delievered, we found out that major pieces r missing!!!
    And when we call them, they said it would take several weeks to deliever he rest pieces!!!
    And when it finally arrived, it was broken!!!
    Are all the staff there have IQ below 20!!!??????

poor customer service

Bought 3 pairs of nike shoes for my kids' christmas and as it turns out, 2 of the 3 didn't fit well. So I took them back with receipt in hand only to be told they could not exchange them because there was a little "crease" on the top from where they tried the shoes on! I wasn't going to stand for that so I demanded to speak to the manager. After arguing with him for what seemed to be an eternity, they finally let me exchange them. Lots of wasted time and energy for nothing!

no refund!

My wife recently purchase a pair of nike sneakers from foot locker at plymouth meeting mall, pennsylvania. I...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices