Having problems with Fixya?

Fixya Customer Service Contacts

P.O Box 443
San Mateo, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fixya Customer Service. Initial Fixya complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fixya above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fixya. Discuss the issues you have had with Fixya and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Jan 04, 2019

Fixya — people not being helpful

there is someone named http://www.fixya.com/users/ssimons47 and this is what we said to each other: steve...

Fixya — Waste of time

Completely useless website. You can ask a normal serious questions and get some dumb answers. This site i...

www.fixya.com — Fake Responses

While searching into a washing machine problem online, www.fixya.com had numerous "hits", which showed the...

Fixya.comwebsite

This website says they have experts who can help answer your questions, supply manuals, etc.. I have used them twice and receive very unsatisfactory answers to my questions. When I ask follow up questions I do not get answers. They force you to give them a rating before allowing follow up questions about original question. Today when I tried to sign in I had forgotten my pass word. Three times and 2 hours ago I asked them to send me information about resetting my password. They keep telling me they have send me this information to my email addres but I still have not received it. This is a sham. Do not subscribe to them. They do not even give you corrct informatin about changing your password so you can make use of their so called experts.

FixYa Support Oct 18, 2011

Please note that Fixya.com is an accredited company by the Better Business Bureau.
      We are always willing to assist our users and our online guest visitors.
      Our customer support representatives are available to assist you with any issues you might have including resetting your password.
      Please send as much information as you can.

Fixya.com — poor information, refused to give refund

Received very basic information from "expert" . When I explained I was well past his info in the logic tree...

Fixyaimpossible to get answer to question

Having requested information on how to obtain help for a wine cooler repair, they requested that I pay $38.oo before they could check on my appliance and get back to me . Since 18th August, I have been back and forth trying to obtain the offered help, to no avail. Whenever I am able to check in, I am requested to pay an additional amout in order to obtain information. Now they tell me to check my request "on line" with a request access key. This leads nowhere and on reaching FIXYA again, I am asked to send any email I may have used on their site: Full name of credit card owner: exact date and amount of each charge: the last four digits of my credit card.
    They will investigate my querry further once they receive the above information, giving me no return address to reach them.

FixYa Support Oct 10, 2011

Please send as much information as you can.

Fixyabill credit card and wont let you unsubscribe

They offer to give you professional advice if you sign up for a free 30 day trial and tell you they will charge you $9.99US per month if you do not cancel in the first 30 days. You need to give them your VISA number before they will give you the so called professional advice. I have tried to unsubscribe 15 times now and they wont let me sign in.

FixYa Support Feb 16, 2011

Dear Forrest Merlin

Fixya.com — Refusing to pay registered experts

I'm only going to share the details of my experience with fixya.com consulting services and not my...

Fixya.comRip-off

I ASKED FOR UNLOCK CODES FOR 2 CELL PHONES -THEY ARE WERE UNABLE TO PROVIDE ME WITH THEM AS THEY CLAIM-SEND YOU TO SITES WITH ALLEGED FREE CODES TO YOUR PROBLEM BUT THEY ARE JUST A LOP SYSTEM IN WHICH YOU GO ROUND/ROUND IN CIRCLES UNTIL YOU GIVE UP-BUT NO REFUNDS EVEN THOUGH THEY CLAIM YOU CAN ASK AS MANY EXPERTS AS YOU LIKE UNTIL YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED WELL MINE IS NOT YET -AND THEY ARE VERY RELUCTANT TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK- SCAM OR WHAT
        aNDY

FixYa Support Feb 16, 2011

aNDYTORO Feb 01, 2011

oh and by the way i got my phones unlocked - here in Spain for 10 euros each no problem - so fixya is the rip-off as they charge soooooooo much
            o'k
            Andytoro

aNDYTORO Feb 01, 2011

o'k sorry people, but they gave me a refund no problem - sos ask again
            Andytoro

• Bo
            Bob_H Feb 01, 2011

You should have emailed [email protected] directly

She has infered in the past on the internal forum that she does not want to give out refunds and did at one point try to persuade expert to tr and defer from giving such as yourself any direct information about refunds.

FixYa Support Dec 30, 2010

We are always willing to assist you. Please contact [email protected] so that we can look into the matter and resolve it.
            Please send us as much information as you can.

Fixya.com — invasion of privacy

I am reporting this “service” as being potentially destructive. I have a number of warnings from...

Fixya.comRip Off Experts

I, too, thought I would have a chance to decide whether the answer to my Auto AC question was viable, and thus worthy of payment. I was charged without ever having access to a solution for the problem. Upon my first contact, they said that an "expert" (LOL) had responded within three minutes, though I never received an email telling me so. When I logged back into their website, no such answer existed for my question. They assured me that a refund was issued, because I wasn't "happy with the answer, " and that it was issued in "good faith." A month later, I still have not seen the refund credited to my account. Subsequent emails still allege that a refund was issued, and the most recent email requested that I "verify with my financial institution, to see that a refund was issued." Like most people, I don't have to wait for a monthly statement to see such a credit to my account. With instant access to it, I can see that I have never received a refund for the "Help" that they gave me. Still fighting this one!

FixYa Support Dec 01, 2010

With the information presented in the above complaint we were unable to locate the customer. Please provide your registered e-mail address or nick name.

Fixya.com — Charges..

On Oct.27, , 2010 I called to them for assistance and the first thing they asked for was my credit card...

Fixya.comscam and expertise

With all the complaints I have researched over the past few days, I feel the need to elaborate on a few things. Any website of this kind will have people claiming qualifications, after all Brad Paisley wrote a song about it. In defense of TRUE experts on the site, a degree or formal training is no comparison to years of hands on experience and knowledge (i.e., the first person the DOD documented with an unmeasurable IQ dropped out of college). I myself have worked on all makes of automobiles for 35 yrs, never in a shop and as a hobby and have been the top Guru on the site for several days in a row until I visited a scam site about Fixya while logged into fixya and my account was no longer accessible. If you carefully read their terms and conditions, let me translate into my layman's terms for you: they have the ability to legally take advantage of anyone joining their site, PERIOD! They have stipulations that make almost anything violate their conditions (EVEN LOGGING IN FROM ANOTHER LOCATION/COMPUTER OR SHARING A PERSONAL STORY CONCERNING YOUR QUESTION/ANSWER). The experts will always be burned for money without exception, the client's perception of being scammed will vary by who answered their inquiry and most of all by the way they asked the question/described problem and their knowledge and ability to comunicate/comprend the answer. My best advice is to BOYCOTT FIXYA! Allow me to sum it all up in this:
            You are paying FIXYA to allow someone to attempt to help you or you to help another.
            THAT IS ALL THEY ARE!!! I CAN THINK OF A MUCH BETTER SPELLING...

• Em
                emissionwiz Oct 21, 2011

I am Fixya.com expert and I have 30 years of hands on experience in my trade, I share this mostly for free but do accept "Pay" requests in the Premium question part of Fixya. So your claim that all the experts are bogus is pure slander. Do you have some kind of chip on your shoulder? Stupid is as stupid does? This seems to apply to your claims in this case..

• Bo
                Bob_H Feb 01, 2011

You have to remember that FixYa is a business and is in the process of making money.

That said many complaints are swept under the carpet from both the client side and the expert side of things.

Person in charge of that sweeping brush is [email protected]

Now in addition they are trying to make things better by the introduction of a higher level of expert known as PRO/ELITE and this may be an aspect will help FixYa get rid of a multitude of what are commonly known as BSE (bull sh!t experts). i wish them luck with that program

Fixya.com — SCAM

Paid for Premium service (What a Joke). My expert (with 9 other Refrigerator experts there) quickly got me to...

Fixyait's a joke!!

Thank You!
              We're glad you were able to solve your Problem.
              Please tell us about your experience with spacredit

150 Characters Left Done

Technical Support, Instructions & Repair Service

Chat session in progress.
              When you are done, click "End Session" on the lower right corner.Hi. I am spacredit and I will be assisting you with your problem.
              hi
              thanks,
              hi
              spacredit says:
              can you state the question AGAIN
              jrgordo100 says:
              what do you see as the problem?
              spacredit says:
              can you just give me the exact thing you are experiencing now
              jrgordo100 says:
              I wrote it all up in the first statement...want it again?
              yes please
              jrgordo100 says:
              mower will not keep running once started...please read the problem in my first statement.
              Model 10685, Lawn Boy
              spacredit says:
              i can not cause its go off my screen
              omg
              can I get a refund?
              jrgordo100 says:
              it said you were reviewing the question
              while I waited
              done worry about it
              spacredit says:
              first, Since you said it does not keep running, have you done troubleshooting for the mower?
              jrgordo100 says:
              spacredit...you can read all that I wrote, all the troubleshooting that I have done, I want you to read what I have done
              please read it or please refer to another Lawn Mower Expert
              jrgordo100 says:
              Im nnt trying to be difficult, I don't see why I need to retype all that is rite in front of you
              spacredit says:
              what kind of mower is yours, is it a lawnmower, craftman mower, or riding lawn mower.
              k
              jrgordo100 says:
              you are not reading, scroll up, you will see the answer.
              spacredit says:
              just cam down ok take it easy
              spacredit says:
              ok, can i give the low down of thing you need to check to be sure you have not check it out?
              jrgordo100 says:
              Im looking for the next step in troubleshooting this problem. If you have the next step, then yes
              jrgordo100 says:
              have you been able to read my opening problem/statement that I typed/
              ?
              spacredit says:
              you what in other to save time, let me give you some links to help you out as a guide for you to really check the problem and get a solution fast cause a got other client waiting.
              spacredit says:
              ehow.com/how_2308606_troubleshoot-lawnmower.html and essortment.com/home/lawnmowertroub_sxlb.htm.
              spacredit says:
              when you get into the link read properly and get back to me ok
              jrgordo100 says:
              Spacredit, I need the information on how to contact FixYa before I go to these links. I will need a phone #. Thank You.
              are you there?

I was Charged the $19.00 plus change

spacredit (Wiz)

Expertise:, 2 Way Radios, 35mm SLR Cameras, Air & Compressor Tools, Air Compressors, Air Conditioners ...

5 Power Lawn Mowers Experts

Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page and end this Chat Session? If you leave, you will not be able to reconnect your Chat Session.
              We hope you found this Live Chat helpful.
              Click below to end this session.
              Accept this Solution
              If you need further assistance and would like to consult another expert, click here.

When You Know You Don't Know, Then You Know.
              Buzz

ex expert Jun 25, 2010

your were one of lucky ones John, most askers all normally so baffled with so much ### from these so called experts, ( i should know, i am one) that they actually pay them for the advice and leave feedback, even before they have tried there solution...most often when they cant baffle the asker, they will tell them they need to take it to an expert for repair...lol

i would urge anyone thinking of using fixya.com try your solutions before you let feedback because there trying to make it, if you leave positive feedback, youll never get a refund..and since the chances of you getting a REAL expert, is slim, very slim.

i suppose if your reading this, my advice here probably wont help you

one expert continuously give false, misleading, guessed at, goggled and dangerous answers that could actually kill the person if they dont know what there doing ...when he was asked what will they do once someone gets hurt or kill...he matter of factual stated, THATS WHAT THE DISCLAIMER IS FOR!

remember where i said if your reading this, my advice is to late ...well there is a possible side...if your able to read this, your not dead YET!

am i disgruntled? No. im ashamed to be associated with a site that has no regard for peoples safety or the money they allow the asker to waste on solutions that are wrong, BS, from a BSE, misleading and dangerous answers.

you have been warned

FixYa Support May 20, 2010

Mr Gordon, Please be advised that we issued you a refund this morning. Please check your next credit card statement, where you will see it appear. If you have any further questions we will be happy to assist you. Please contact us at: [email protected]

FixyaEMPLOYEE WAGES AND EARNINGS

THIS COMPANY LIES ABOUT GETTING PAID.
                I HAVE ABOUT 340 HOURS OF SERVICES WITH THEM.
                I WAS AN EXPERT SOLUTION SPECIALIST ALSO A PHONE SUPPORT SPECIALIST EMPLOYEE FOR FIXYA.

THEY SAID I WAS INACTIVE FOR 3 MONTHS AND THAT ZERO OUT MY EARNING WAGES.

I WAS NEVER TOLD THIS NOR DID IT SHOW UP ON ANY EARNINGS INFO .THEY KEEP THAT A COMPLETE SECRET AND CONTINUED TO RECIEVE PAYMENTS FROM CUSTOMERS FOR MY SERVICES.THAT IS FRAUD, MISSLEADING, LABOR LAW VIOLATIONS, DISEPTIVE TRADE, AND MUCH MORE.

FIXYA IS A COMPLETE RIPOFF .

AS AN EX EMPLOYEE TAKING A COMPLETE LOSS FOR PAY WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SHOW A LOSS FROM THIS COMPANY ON THE NEXT TAX TIME.

MINIMUM WAGE TIMES 340 HOURS.

THAT COMPANY REALLY REALLY REALLY SUCKS.

EMPLOYEE WAGES AND EARNINGS

FixYa Support May 15, 2011

FixYa Expert May 04, 2011

You would think being a pilot you could read. This is strait out of the FixYa Paid FAQ. It's part of what you agree to when you click that little "agree" box. --- Pending earnings have been removed from my account. Why? --- FixYa reserves the right to remove pending earnings from an Expert's account if the Expert did not select a preferred payment method and/or is not active for a period of more than 90 days. --- So tell me which part of that you don't understand? It does not matter why it happens. You accepted that statement. Better be careful with that write off ;)

Fixya.com — unable to fix pc and unauthorised deduction from bank a/c

I browsed the internet looking for a solution to have my Vista laptop communicate with Canon projector. Fixya...

Melbourne Metro Area

Fixya — No help! - continue to bill credit card

In trying to fix an issue with my Pioneer Flat Screen TV, I tried FixYa, especially given their money-back...

Fixya.comExpert advice

when my 3 year old Whirlpool Front load Washing machine had a fault i consulted fixya.com which referred me to a so called expert - i asked the expert - saumyar was his name - if he actually is an expert in Whirlpool Front loaders which he answered with yes. Anyhow he gave me very very wrong and very very costly advice and in the end i had to pay for a real flesh and blood expert to fix the problem which was actually very small and was fixed quickly as soon as the real expert seen the symptoms.
                  the whole exercise cost me nearly as much as a brand new Washing machine. i have never agreed to pay fixya.com as i wanted to have the problem fixed first before i pay but fixya.com deducted my money and when asked to repay my money for not fixing the problem i never heard from them again
                  dr.[protected]@gmail.com

• Sh
                      shark2th Oct 06, 2010

READ scam and expertise, Rumor has it that fixya went up for sale last night!

ex expert Jun 25, 2010

READ MY OTHER COMMENTS...but if your reading this, its probably to late...they either robbed you of your hard earned money or made you spend even more then you had to...hopefully your alive yet

ex expert Jun 25, 2010

I HAVE BEEN WARNING YOU PEOPLE.

its a shame you only going to read this after one of those expert own you...this is nothing new..people are being ripped off daily by this site and the y REFUSE to do anything about it

use at your own risk

ex expert May 11, 2010

that sounds like rulds2008 brother...steer clear of him also...you be glad you did..trust me...ill post more later on these thieves masquerading as expert on fixya and fixya unwillingness to do anything about them.

expert_assistance Oct 06, 2009

Hi,

OK!! First of all, there is a change in process and he was not with Fixya any more.Being a customer, i really value your service but before you change any product, you should have check the same. If your washing machine is unable to complete spin cycle and i say, change control board. It's not fair. Even if i have said ( Might be a chance that i might had the same situation and we might have changed the control board ), would not you ask an expert How you need to check and how would you make sure that this is a fault. It might be Timer. It might be many other reasons.

Believe me, Few months ago, my car broke down and i paid more than $1000 to only CHECK the fault. The real person options are not always cost effective. Tell me honestly, how many times you had been ripped out by a real expert in your hometown??????

it's better to consult with logic . If you don't use logic - I am sorry . There is no one who could save you!!

Thanks..

Fixya.comunearned charge

two "experts" told me to junk my blackjack phone without any useful advice. Fixya says they will not charge you unless you accept their suggestions. I didn't accept, they charged me anyway. next step, the consumer complaint board of new york.

agreed

ex expert Jun 25, 2010

your were one of lucky ones, most askers all normally so baffled with so much [censor] from these so called experts, ( i should know, i am one) that they actually pay them for the advice and leave feedback, even before they have tried there solution...most often when they cant baffle the asker, they will tell them they need to take it to an expert for repair...lol

i suppose if your reading this, my advice here probably wont help you

you have been warned

FixYa Support Mar 09, 2010

expert_assistance Oct 06, 2009

Hi,

Do you read all the Terms and Conditions??????

You purchased a product, if you don't like it you need to deny it. Have you wrote an email????

You have many days by which you need to claim that. There are smart customers like you who might take an opinion and never accept the solution.

The purpose, if unhappy another expert would help you. If all the experts gave up or lets suppose if you want to get a cellphone unlocked and no codes work, then you can claim a refund.

Why you people NEVER READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS...