Complaints & Reviews

Unauthorized billing

I had trouble connecting my laptop to the internet. I located FixYa on the web and paid $19.95 for live chat with a so-called expert named 'jonniewalker'. He ran me through several basic steps that i could have done myself. It appeared that he had only very basic computer knowledge. He would give me steps to follow and repeatedly said 'Thank you and Godbless' prior to the computer being fixed. The computer was not fixed and he quit answering my messages.

I should have known better...johnnie****!

• Mo
    motherofthree Jun 18, 2009

The same happen to me as well, I am out of 100.00 for incomplete service. They said that they will refund my mney but did never did.

Unauthorized Charge

The online info stated that if this group couldn't fix the problem that the $19.95 would not be charged.

The first "expert" hung up on me. The second was unable to solve the computer problem. I emailed the second guy and let him know that his suggestion hadn't worked and that I would like a refund of the charges to my credit card. I rec'd an email from Fixya saying that if _I_ had fixed the problem to let _them_ know?!

No refund was forthcoming . . .

• Ca
    Care4U Jan 18, 2009

Please contact them at [email protected]

• Pa
    pappy627 Jan 11, 2010

I contacted a manufactor about service on a home entertainment system no support on this this system.

• Te
    techtechtech May 26, 2010

These guys should be in jail. Sounds nothing different of a fake email lottery.

• Rh
    Rhondavas1977 Aug 05, 2019

I was charged $41.94 for a membership that was only supposed to charge me $9 a phone call which I never called I was going to but I looked up the company on the Better Business Bureau and I saw so many complaints... I figured that I would be better off just saving my money and taking my car to a reliable mechanic instead of using these guys to guesstimate what could be wrong with my car but lo and behold here I got charged $41.94 for a membership that I never activated by initiating any phone calls. And right here below my complaint I'm attaching a picture from their website saying that cost was only supposed to be $9 per phone call which I never initiated or received any phone calls from 6ya, so HOW ARE THEY STILL charging me? I already disputed the charge with my bank and they still are trying to dispute my dispute! UNBELIEVABLE SMH !

• St
    StephenJP Nov 01, 2019

@Rhondavas1977 I've been helping on fixya for years (just as a someone who cares) I've also been helped all via texting on web sight. I've never spent any money or charged any money. The website is free to use, both for users seeking solutions. They don't charge. If you got charged you got a hold of a scam site somehow /redirected or something. I think it's a very useful site but it's all take it or leave it advice and you can help people too if you know an answer to someones problem. This one of two sites I turn to when I need help - the second is youtube also take it or leave it. I've recommended this site to many people in the last 10 years or more and no one has ever come back to me saying they had to pay or that they had any problems with the site. It's totally Free ! I see people posting about 6ya. I have no knowledge of 6ya other than it's not fixya. Fixya is a good site.

[Resolved] Scam and cheating

I want to explain how this rip off internet company operates. They have online experts who claim to have...

Zero support after they took my $

I am having trouble with my Motorola V9m, so I googled to find if others have had problems. Up popped...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices