First American Home Buyers Protection Corporationoverall lack of service

On May 31 of 2008 we closed on our first home, which was provided with a home warranty from First American Home Buyers Protection Corp. Our first negative experience came a month into the warranty when FAHBPC sent us a bill for for $100 for service from March (before we owned or even put an offer on the home). It took 4 separate phone calls to FAHBPC @ about a 30 minute Hold EACH TIME! to deal with it. My first 2 half hour wait calls ended up with me speaking to someone for about 3 minutes who hung up on me! My 3rd call had me talking to someone that transferred me to another hold that I gave up on after 10 minutes. On the 4th call I got a lady who listened and said "no problem, we will just write it off". No more bill. Well after about 10 more months we finally needed (our first) service, on our pool - which was specifically included in the Warranty bought for this home. They sent a service tech. who came into my back yard, disconnected every part of the pump, disassembled the pump into about 20 pieces, and after about 10 minutes of being there stood up and said "we don't have the parts". He asked for his service fee, when I gave it to him... He left - with my pump in pieces and now my pool leaking from the disconnected parts. After a few days we called and were told that they had to order a part and would be back in about 2 to 3 weeks. I stated that that was unacceptable, we are in Memphis where you can Fed EX anything in the world here in 2 days! We even offered to pay for the priority shipping, also waiting 2 - 3 weeks of no pump or filtering of pool water will RUIN the POOL (we consulted 3 other companies)! Well it turns out that the 2 weeks for shipping a part is coincidentally just after our policy expires! Both the service tech. and FAHBPC basically said that it would still be 2 - 3 weeks and they would do nothing to service the pool in the meantime. We told them to Forget it and bought a new pump ourselves. THEN! it gets better. Turns out that the $100 bill that was never ours, that was "written off" is showing up as past 60 days late write off on our credit report which has lowered our near perfect credit score. Our year warranty with FAHBPC cost us countless cell minutes, wasted time, destroying our pool pump, flooding our back yard, lowering our credit score, and extreme frustration. Afterwards they asked me to pay my bill to renew the policy... No way in Hell!